Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 12 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Hmm, realized something! Why does the manor have a lightning rod? Because if it didn't, its metallic pillars security system would almost certainly be destroyed / short circuited / made to malfunction by errant lightning strikes, which would go for them like flies to a lamp (the manor would be a low-priority target for electrical discharge). Barring any obvious power source, I think that's the best way of disabling it.

I think I'll whip up a big ol' lightning storm over the manor. It shouldn't raise too much alarm (it's just a storm, after all), it gives us an entry through the storm rod entrance, the lightning rod will keep us from getting hit by stray bolts (up until we break it), and if we're lucky, it lets Shell's forcefield work (by making the field fluctuate and have openings for us to make a forcefield through?).

Should I do it now, before Shell does his things, or after? Any objections in general?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 12 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:44 pm

Sounds like it might work.

...sounds like. :paranoid:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
OOC: Are Zenith and Konorad still considered to be "in the party" at this point?

more or less...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Questions!

1) Boomer has the "mechanical" racial - would it be possible to 'disassemble' her with the goal of passing her safely through the field (under the assumption that the 'severed' parts are either purely mechanical or biologically inactive/'dead', meaning they wouldn't trigger the field), then reassembling her on the other side?

2) Konorad has the "Magical Attunement" racial (aka Wizard Eyes) - what can he "see", as far as the field, gate or box entrance are concerned?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:28 pm

1 Up to Xel

2 Konorad can see a big red dome. It does not appear to go through the doors at least not entirely...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm

If we're busting down the gate, I think our best bet would be to do the following simultaneously, or in sequence:
- Spectral Battering ram.
- Shell in nigh-indestructible mode, being propelled/pulled/knocked into the gate by a 50mph-tunneling Shallow, turning him into a living projectile.
- Torque makes a contraption to open (siege lockpick?) and/or ram down the gate.
- Boomer's bombs.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm

It'd depend on how skilled the mechanical and magical skills are of the group. Sure she does trust Torque's skills... But yeah... It's also a matter of how fast he can do it.

Also totally been unsure how to rejoin and start posting again, so that's why I've yet to do any new posts in this campaign. I kinda feel totally lost and unsure what's happened since the whole monster plant fight...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:07 pm

>Went to the mansion
>Found a slave
>Jerk out of the house
>Attempting to sneak past a security system that fries organic life when passing over a nearby field
>Ron Swanson
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:40 pm

So... We doing anything? Anyone doing anything? I'm still waiting for arcana results.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm

sorry about that was waiting for any assist partially...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Tyger, I think that the insulator check was to determine what a good one would be for normally passing through the field, without teleportation. Does Torque learn anything on that aspect? Cool.

And just a heads up, gonna be inactive from 9th-18th due to vacation and limited internet access.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Remodeled my combat talents a bit:

- Replaced "Deathwatch" with "Open Options".
- Replaced "Demand Duel" with "Hand of Death".
- Replaced "Summon Spectre" with "Crescendo".
- Replaced "Granite Axe" with "Flametongue".

Since I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will be inactive for about a week and a half: Should I try going through the box entrance now? Or should I wait until I get back and can post properly?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm back! And so is Cur, apparently. Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Lyntermas wrote:OOC: Someone should probably roll History or Arcana to figure out exactly what happens to Devil Fruit users in bath-height water.
Arcana
15 + 11 + 4 (IP, H) = 29

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:17 pm

(OOC: According to the wiki, water up to the waist/neck is enough to paralyze a DF user. I think it would count as "common knowledge", at least for us DF's who probably experienced it in some minor manner. Rolled in OOC thread.)

It would count as "common knowledge" to most DF eaters.

Also I am going to need a endurance roll or anything you can justify from Torque... Please don't tell me you have a 5 in it...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Also I am going to need a endurance roll or anything you can justify from Torque...  Please don't tell me you have a 5 in it...
Alas, he does. There's always situational bonuses, right? And maybe he can use mechanics to improvise (protecting himself with a speed-invention, maybe? Crafting tin-foil shielding at the last second? Using his knowledge of physics to submerge himself in the most optimal method? Countering the microwaves with a wave-deflector?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:28 pm

If he can do any of those he might get a bonus and already is getting one from being in the water...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:17 am

So, my Devil Fruit talent is a thing now. Very Happy

Burrower (1) [Created by ZamuelNow]
You may travel underground through dirt, sand and similar loose materials at normal walking speeds. This leaves behind a tunnel, and you can tell approximately the direction and distance since you went underground (so you don’t get completely disoriented).  Additional skill checks may be needed to move faster or travel through denser soil.
I'm thinking my Devil Fruit power, at this point, is a mix of burrower (without tunnels and detecting creatures) and an at-will Element Master (dirt/earth).

Edit: Also, my "Speak With The Dead" has been buffed to be more reasonable, which makes the flaw benefit I get out of Haunted a bit redundant. Can I alter that to be an at will ability with no preparation time (or 5 minutes)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:38 am

Hm that does make sense. As for dead how about no prep time and you can use it 5 times a day.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:11 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Hm that does make sense. As for dead how about no prep time and you can use it 5 times a day.
Sure. Although, given the high number, I must ask - Are you going to be throwing corpses/dead things at us? Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Not that many... anywhere from 2-4 a day more if you make more.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Not that many... anywhere from 2-4 a day more if you make more.
Speaking of which... How's our "Schrödinger's Pony" situation turning out for Torque?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Did I miss him making a roll? Yes I did sorry about that computer has been derpy the past few days...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:25 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Did I miss him making a roll? Yes I did sorry about that computer has been derpy the past few days...
You should subscribe to the threads. That, or just occasionally check the "Today's Active Topics" near the bottom of the main page. Surprised
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:39 pm

I am subscribed to the thread but well I am also subscribed to a good third of the entire forum so things tend to get covered up...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next