The Sun Sets

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 am

"I always imagined your villages more....louder than this. Occasionally we can hear your village even deep in Eiriddi. Perhaps we should search the rest of this place maybe find creatures that know what happened good or bad which reminds me. What's the oldest living being in the area?"
avatar
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Valdosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:49 am

"Me, duh." Koli flits around in your face, and then flies over to Storm.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5662
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:56 am

Kanen rubbed his forehead.
".....Yes from how my question was asked you probably are. What I meant to say was what is the oldest living being that stays here? Like an old tree or maybe an animal that stays in the immediate area."
avatar
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Valdosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:33 am

"Wasn't there a decrepit old mayor or noble or something like that? He would likely be the oldest pony about. Still, the trees are wont to be much older, if you've some magic that isn't magic to talk to them, by all means."

The one unicorn turns to face the other. "I am likely just being paranoid, I get that a lot. It is likely fine in small amounts... But you get this when you're not careful."

She shows off the bitten-off section of her left ear, her own permanent warning against complacency, as Emerald considers the situation.

rolls:

Perception:
Roll(1d20)+11:
9,+11
Total:20

Streetwise:
Roll(1d20)+8:
14,+8
Total:22
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:14 am

"Better to be paranoid than to not." Gearick stated his opinion, even as he continued to think through the situation. After a while, he shook his head in frustration, stating. "Bah, I don't know enough about this place to be off much help here, you lot - save Koli - know more than me, know what this place was like when you left. Still, trying to find the owner of this house might be a good idea."
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 am

"Hmm well there goes my contribution to the task at hand....."
Kanen starts towards the damaged house.
"If we do not have anything else to do, then I'll look in the house for anything worthwhile."
Perception:
Keep forgetting I got perceptions bonuses
3(sharp eyes) + 3(eagle eye) + 6(skill) + 1(roll) = 13
.........damn nat
avatar
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Valdosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:43 am

Emerald's answer is presumably correct- Figure Head is certainly the oldest pony any of you has met in town, though there may be a few other elders here and there. Of course, trees trump ponies, so there's that.

Kanen meanwhile, goes to check Figure Head's house. As he walks up to the front door, his hooves slip on the shards of glass littering the ground, and he slides into the stoop, tripping over the steps and faceplanting into the front door, where his antlers get stuck in the wood. His momentum pushes the door ajar, and he slowly, gracelessly slides across the threshold. He can see nothing but the weathered wooden grain of the door his face is currently hugging. He can smell (and taste, his tongue protruding ever so comically against the door) wood lacquer, something he's never encountered before.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5662
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 am

"Looks like we go that way." Storm floats after Kanen into Figurehead's house,
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 am

"... Wow." Gearick said, as Karen's epic fail. Trying to hide his mirth at the sight of the deer. "I had absolutely no idea that was possible." However much he disliked the deer however, he would still offer him aid in getting up, once the unicorn walked over there of course.
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

"Word of advice, Kanen," said Dodger. "If your battle plan against a... haeksenn... is to sneak up on them, try a different plan."

Dodger walked up to Kanen and tried to pull him out of the door he was currently embedded in.


Stunts Check: 1d20 (11) + 6 = 17
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

"Definitely not the proudest moment of my life. Almost as bad as the one time I was stalking haeksenn from some bushes and the bushes turned out to be poison ivy. On the plus my antlers can penetrate your doors as I believe they are called maybe useful in the future."
He tried pulling his body off the door.
"Also what is this thing covered in? It has a different scent from other woods."
Spoiler:
Better than what you told me you was originally gonna do.
Stunts: 10(skill) + 13(roll) = 23
avatar
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Valdosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Dodger pulls Kanen free, though not perfectly. As his antlers are pulled away, one of the embedded tines snaps off, and a splinter gets caught in his eye, causing minor irritation (-3 to perception checks to see for the next 3 (1d4) hours- result of nat1, not stunts check).

The acrid smell from outside is much stronger inside the house. The foyer, which the front door leads to, exits into two hallways along the same back wall, and Storm can see several closed doors in each. The room is empty, despite the commotion at the door.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5662
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Storms waves for the rest of the group to enter. "The smell seems to be coming from inside."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:13 pm

"MOTHERBUCKER THAT HURTS!"
avatar
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Valdosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 pm

(Gimme a second!)
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 pm

"Smells like wood lacquer," said Dodger. "But the door is not what concerns me..."

Dodger heads inside, taking a sniff to see if he can better tell where the smell is coming from.

Perception: 1d20 (17) + 10 = 27
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:07 pm

The smell permeates the the house, but the right hallway seems to be the way to go. In it there are 3 closed doors, one on the left and two on the right, an opening on the left past the door, and an open doorway into another room straight ahead.


Is there anyone who stayed outside? Haven't heard specifically from Gearick or Emerald.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5662
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Bronymous wrote:The smell permeates the the house, but the right hallway seems to be the way to go. In it there are 3 closed doors, one on the left and two on the right, an opening on the left past the door, and an open doorway into another room straight ahead.



Storm puts a hoof over his mouth and says. "Down this way, it seems"
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 pm

"Luna, how awful," said Dodger, taking the time to get accustomed (well... relatively speaking) to the scent before heading down that hallway and trying to open the door on the left.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Gearick frowned, unhappy at this powerful smell permeating from the house, and he spoke up, stating. "I'm unsure if its wise for us to all go in. I'll stay out here, keep an eye on the surroundings. Something might happen that we would other wise miss. Unless anyone has some other suggestions."
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Storm floats down the corridor to the open door, covering his mouth with his leg and looking around. He pears inside...
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  RavenscroftRaven on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:52 am

"Good idea." Emerald replies to Gearick as he takes his position. "They may need some magic in there, though, so I'll be heading in. If anything even slightly off seems to be happening, alert us by any means."

The unicorn mare walks into the house and was suddenly very pleased that mouth-breathing was an option for her. As the others split, a traditionally genius move when breaking-and-entering, she makes a small mental image of them in her mind, to grasp at them telepathically if needed, and waits in the hallway, putting her back to the corner of the hall and where they came from, keeping visible both paths for anyone coming through them. She may be more immediately visible this way, but there was no chance of anything ambushing them on the flip side of the coin. If they were confronted, she could talk her way out of it, but more brain-damaged blue-moon victims could be a far greater danger according to her current mental state.
avatar
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Inside the door on the left there is a Medium sized room, which is bare except for 12 chests. They are arranged along the three other walls two high, 4 to a wall, and are entirely featureless.

Down the hall, Storm passes by the corner on the left, which he can see leads to a landing and staircase. At the end of the hall, he peers through the doorway and finds what was probably supposed to be a dining room at some point. From his vantage point, he can see a long table, lying upside down on the floor, with a candle atop each leg. Behind ti against the far wall is a chalkboard covered in numbers, equations, scribbled notes and odd symbols. Next to it on the wall is an empty wooden picture frame.

Emerald, back to the corner, notices an unusual spiderweb crack in the opposite wall, and a small metal ball in the adjacent corner.

Outside, Koli waits with Gearick. She flaps lazily, doing a slow circuit around his head. A noise down the street grabs their attention, as a well dressed pony runs out of an alleyway in a full sprint, fumbles with the front door of a house for a moment, opens it, and then slams it behind him.


Roll perception if you want.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5662
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Dodger follows Storm, looking carefully into the room to see if there's anything not readily apparent about it.


Perception: 1d20 (18) + 18 = 28
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Gearick frowned at this sudden commotion, noting the building the pony had gone into as he continued looking around for a few moments before glancing up at Koli. "Can I trust you to stay here? I want to go and talk to that pony." He didn't really trust Koli, but figured as she was with them, and did help them by informing them where their friend was, he might as well give her a chance.

avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum