Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 am

"I always imagined your villages more....louder than this. Occasionally we can hear your village even deep in Eiriddi. Perhaps we should search the rest of this place maybe find creatures that know what happened good or bad which reminds me. What's the oldest living being in the area?"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:49 am

"Me, duh." Koli flits around in your face, and then flies over to Storm.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:56 am

Kanen rubbed his forehead.
".....Yes from how my question was asked you probably are. What I meant to say was what is the oldest living being that stays here? Like an old tree or maybe an animal that stays in the immediate area."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:33 am

"Wasn't there a decrepit old mayor or noble or something like that? He would likely be the oldest pony about. Still, the trees are wont to be much older, if you've some magic that isn't magic to talk to them, by all means."

The one unicorn turns to face the other. "I am likely just being paranoid, I get that a lot. It is likely fine in small amounts... But you get this when you're not careful."

She shows off the bitten-off section of her left ear, her own permanent warning against complacency, as Emerald considers the situation.

rolls:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:14 am

"Better to be paranoid than to not." Gearick stated his opinion, even as he continued to think through the situation. After a while, he shook his head in frustration, stating. "Bah, I don't know enough about this place to be off much help here, you lot - save Koli - know more than me, know what this place was like when you left. Still, trying to find the owner of this house might be a good idea."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 am

"Hmm well there goes my contribution to the task at hand....."
Kanen starts towards the damaged house.
"If we do not have anything else to do, then I'll look in the house for anything worthwhile."
Perception:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:43 am

Emerald's answer is presumably correct- Figure Head is certainly the oldest pony any of you has met in town, though there may be a few other elders here and there. Of course, trees trump ponies, so there's that.

Kanen meanwhile, goes to check Figure Head's house. As he walks up to the front door, his hooves slip on the shards of glass littering the ground, and he slides into the stoop, tripping over the steps and faceplanting into the front door, where his antlers get stuck in the wood. His momentum pushes the door ajar, and he slowly, gracelessly slides across the threshold. He can see nothing but the weathered wooden grain of the door his face is currently hugging. He can smell (and taste, his tongue protruding ever so comically against the door) wood lacquer, something he's never encountered before.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 am

"Looks like we go that way." Storm floats after Kanen into Figurehead's house,
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 am

"... Wow." Gearick said, as Karen's epic fail. Trying to hide his mirth at the sight of the deer. "I had absolutely no idea that was possible." However much he disliked the deer however, he would still offer him aid in getting up, once the unicorn walked over there of course.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

"Word of advice, Kanen," said Dodger. "If your battle plan against a... haeksenn... is to sneak up on them, try a different plan."

Dodger walked up to Kanen and tried to pull him out of the door he was currently embedded in.

Stunts Check: 1d20 (11) + 6 = 17
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

"Definitely not the proudest moment of my life. Almost as bad as the one time I was stalking haeksenn from some bushes and the bushes turned out to be poison ivy. On the plus my antlers can penetrate your doors as I believe they are called maybe useful in the future."
He tried pulling his body off the door.
"Also what is this thing covered in? It has a different scent from other woods."
Spoiler:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Dodger pulls Kanen free, though not perfectly. As his antlers are pulled away, one of the embedded tines snaps off, and a splinter gets caught in his eye, causing minor irritation (-3 to perception checks to see for the next 3 (1d4) hours- result of nat1, not stunts check).

The acrid smell from outside is much stronger inside the house. The foyer, which the front door leads to, exits into two hallways along the same back wall, and Storm can see several closed doors in each. The room is empty, despite the commotion at the door.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Storms waves for the rest of the group to enter. "The smell seems to be coming from inside."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:13 pm

"MOTHERBUCKER THAT HURTS!"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 pm

(Gimme a second!)
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 pm

"Smells like wood lacquer," said Dodger. "But the door is not what concerns me..."

Dodger heads inside, taking a sniff to see if he can better tell where the smell is coming from.

Perception: 1d20 (17) + 10 = 27
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:07 pm

The smell permeates the the house, but the right hallway seems to be the way to go. In it there are 3 closed doors, one on the left and two on the right, an opening on the left past the door, and an open doorway into another room straight ahead.

Is there anyone who stayed outside? Haven't heard specifically from Gearick or Emerald.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Bronymous wrote:The smell permeates the the house, but the right hallway seems to be the way to go. In it there are 3 closed doors, one on the left and two on the right, an opening on the left past the door, and an open doorway into another room straight ahead.

Storm puts a hoof over his mouth and says. "Down this way, it seems"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 pm

"Luna, how awful," said Dodger, taking the time to get accustomed (well... relatively speaking) to the scent before heading down that hallway and trying to open the door on the left.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Gearick frowned, unhappy at this powerful smell permeating from the house, and he spoke up, stating. "I'm unsure if its wise for us to all go in. I'll stay out here, keep an eye on the surroundings. Something might happen that we would other wise miss. Unless anyone has some other suggestions."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Storm floats down the corridor to the open door, covering his mouth with his leg and looking around. He pears inside...
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:52 am

"Good idea." Emerald replies to Gearick as he takes his position. "They may need some magic in there, though, so I'll be heading in. If anything even slightly off seems to be happening, alert us by any means."

The unicorn mare walks into the house and was suddenly very pleased that mouth-breathing was an option for her. As the others split, a traditionally genius move when breaking-and-entering, she makes a small mental image of them in her mind, to grasp at them telepathically if needed, and waits in the hallway, putting her back to the corner of the hall and where they came from, keeping visible both paths for anyone coming through them. She may be more immediately visible this way, but there was no chance of anything ambushing them on the flip side of the coin. If they were confronted, she could talk her way out of it, but more brain-damaged blue-moon victims could be a far greater danger according to her current mental state.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Inside the door on the left there is a Medium sized room, which is bare except for 12 chests. They are arranged along the three other walls two high, 4 to a wall, and are entirely featureless.

Down the hall, Storm passes by the corner on the left, which he can see leads to a landing and staircase. At the end of the hall, he peers through the doorway and finds what was probably supposed to be a dining room at some point. From his vantage point, he can see a long table, lying upside down on the floor, with a candle atop each leg. Behind ti against the far wall is a chalkboard covered in numbers, equations, scribbled notes and odd symbols. Next to it on the wall is an empty wooden picture frame.

Emerald, back to the corner, notices an unusual spiderweb crack in the opposite wall, and a small metal ball in the adjacent corner.

Outside, Koli waits with Gearick. She flaps lazily, doing a slow circuit around his head. A noise down the street grabs their attention, as a well dressed pony runs out of an alleyway in a full sprint, fumbles with the front door of a house for a moment, opens it, and then slams it behind him.

Roll perception if you want.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Dodger follows Storm, looking carefully into the room to see if there's anything not readily apparent about it.

Perception: 1d20 (18) + 18 = 28
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Gearick frowned at this sudden commotion, noting the building the pony had gone into as he continued looking around for a few moments before glancing up at Koli. "Can I trust you to stay here? I want to go and talk to that pony." He didn't really trust Koli, but figured as she was with them, and did help them by informing them where their friend was, he might as well give her a chance.

Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next