Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

+27
Copper Rose
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Mind Gamer
Demonu
Pingcode
LoganAura
conantheghost
Dusk Raven
Cardbo
Quietkal
sunbeam
Kindulas
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Hayatecooper
thematthew
A1C Bronymous
SparkImpulse
Xel Unknown
Philadelphus
Ramsus
Zarhon
kajisora
ZamuelNow
Paper Shadow
Stairc -Dan Felder
31 posters

Page 20 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 44  Next

Go down

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made) - Page 20 Empty Re: Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Kindulas wrote:Midnight's Blade has been edited primarily for clarity, with some functional changes. There were disagreements between the tabletop and skype versions, but they are now unified as:
[-7] Midnight’s Blade - Standard Utility
For the rest of the battle you may reroll all 1s on dice you roll for attacks, and once per round you may have one of your attacks deal +6 damage to a single creature.
What the? Damn it man, that's a nerf!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made) - Page 20 Empty Re: Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:54 am

So lots of discussion on branching and talent ideas and differing opinions on it. What about the one I suggested? That is, picking any MP talent as your element?

It would make sense. Instead of being harmoniously connected, your element focuses on your "special talents", or "what your cutie mark is telling you".

Now, if we're going on upgrades, here's something for Loyalty:

LOYALTY - Branching upgrades / progressive path upgrades:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 pm

I would suggest if people are going to do the branching elements thing that they plot them out to occur on the levels we don't get Utility talents or if you just want three upgrades, on the levels we get Boons specifically.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Have some more things.

Element of Magic:

------------------------------
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:16 pm

We should probably take this discussion to a thread made for it so people can iron out the kinks/decide the format that people want to go for with these.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Mind Gamer should make it... After all this is kinda his idea.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 pm

I would make a thread for this! ...Problem is, I'm not sure whether it should be in an Elements thread like Boons, Items, Utilities and such all have... Or just make it one in the general Mechanics thread.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:52 pm

I'd say Utilities. That's the document the Elements are repeated under.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Right then. If the Element talk ever gets big enough to be on scale with the other gameplay elements... Ahem, then I'll consider petitioning for an addition there. For now, making the thread.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Can I suggest a change to True Shifter? Would it be too much trouble to make it possible to use it with Alter Ego as well as opposed to only A Thousand Faces?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Ummm... wow... that is a LOT of discussion.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Heart of Courage - Original:

There was a fair bit of talk a while back about Heart of Courage.  Been thinking a bit about it a bit and how to solve it's problems while still keeping the concept.  It seems that the main issues are the stackability and the fact that it works with everything.  Limiting it to work with one untrained skill more or less turns it into a second CM or Freaky Knowledge which should be reasonable in the grand scheme of things.  It alters how a character would be built and take a bit more thinking.

Heart of Courage - Revision Proposal:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Or, you know. Another, simply change could be something like:

Heart of Courage (2)
You gain a +5 bonus when attempting any skill check that has a DC of 35 or higher.

Although, a more interesting alternative would be...

Heart of Courage (2)
When attempting any skill check that has a DC higher than 25, you gain a +2 bonus for every 5 its higher.

Not sure about the wording... but basically. A DC30 gives you a +2, a DC35+4, DC40+6, and so and so forth. Including something like, DC100 giving you a +30 bonus.

So, smaller DC's are harder to get, but it keeps on scaling. Which I think suits it great for flavour, and because its a liner scaling, the effects has a bit of a diminishing return. Even with the +30, hitting a DC 100 is going to be hard as hell.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:30 pm

No matter what, Heart of Courage is always just going to be breaking the barriers or reasonability. It really should just be removed.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 am

Ramsus wrote:No matter what
Can't really say I agree with the mindset. Granted, major revamps sometimes feel like removing an ability but I feel there's ways to salvage it and arguably there's other things that are far more problematic.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:48 am

Sorry for being pedantic, but shouldn't "Steady Hoofed" be "Steady Hooved?"

Also, for consistency with the rest of the document, the attribute and skill names in "Imposing" should probably be capitalized (and it's Horse-Sense in Pony Tales, rather than just Sense).

Again, sorry, I hate pointing out syntax errors, but those were just bothering me slightly.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:53 am

Philadelphus wrote:Sorry for being pedantic, but shouldn't "Steady Hoofed" be "Steady Hooved?"

Also, for consistency with the rest of the document, the attribute and skill names in "Imposing" should probably be capitalized (and it's Horse-Sense in Pony Tales, rather than just Sense).

Again, sorry, I hate pointing out syntax errors, but those were just bothering me slightly.
fixed
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:54 am

Ha! I see you editing it. Now that's speedy service. Very Happy

Edit: And then, after double-guessing myself and actually consulting a dictionary, I see that both "hoofed" and "hooved" are correct. Embarassed  Sorry. I do think "hooved" sounds better though, so thanks.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

Philadelphus wrote:Ha! I see you editing it. Now that's speedy service. Very Happy

Edit: And then, after double-guessing myself and actually consulting a dictionary, I see that both "hoofed" and "hooved" are correct. Embarassed  Sorry. I do think "hooved" sounds better though, so thanks.
I would have to agree with you there, too
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 pm

So you fixed those, but have you guys decided on an official Format for resource material (Font, size, effects, header vs body, etc?)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Bronymous wrote:So you fixed those, but have you guys decided on an official Format for resource material (Font, size, effects, header vs body, etc?)
I support this - it's much faster and neater to build/edit your character sheets or docs, when text sizes and font types for ability names/descriptions are uniform, so that you can copy them onto the character templates without having to manually carefully edit everything afterwards (out of choice, neatness, or "Twilight Sparkle OCD" tendencies).

That, or making the character sheet template doc font sizes/types correspond to the rulebook docs (e.g. combat abilities on the character template have [ability name]/[description] listings of same font as the combat abilities/descriptions in the corresponding combat talents rulebook).

Last edited by Zarhon on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Having a default format and text size would be good.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:47 pm

How does the recent reclarification of stacking affect team aid/assist checks?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:00 pm

I believe both assist checks and magic points are the same as they've ever been.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22 pm

You guys talking about format... do you mean how headers are often in a different font than the font used for racials and utilities and stuff? Because personally I really like that. Or do you mean something else? (I have noticed a thing here or there in size 11 where it should be size 12 or such.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 44  Next