Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed)

+4
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
Ramsus
Colter Bolt
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed)

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Cardbo wrote:How does Telekinesis help in Psycho-Analysis?  Unless you're shaking the pony telekinetically and yelling "Tell me all about yourself!" which would get you mixed results.

I had assumed that's why analysis was in quotes ... to point out the slight inaccuracy of the usage of that particular word. And yes, you can't shake a whole pony without advanced ponykinesis. My Sparky might be forced down that road, magic though it be. ("What? I'm a magic wielding pegasus. Haven't you seen those before? Sheesh, some ponies.")
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed)

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Actually we have seen that before. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 pm

This thing is indeed still on.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Well, just to make sure I get a spot, meet Cranial Crack and his incomplete sheet...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:This thing is indeed still on.
Just in time for me to realize my char sheet doesn't actually name his element's affiliation. I'm assuming we're all still ok with me taking Loyalty?

honestly (wink) I would play it nearly the same with any element, but of course his driving motivations will differ, thus word-choice will differ, if our PH asks to swap a few elements around to make room for everypony.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Looks like we have 2 Loyalty, 2 Honesty, and 1 Laughter so far. That's.... kinda weird.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Ramsus wrote:Looks like we have 2 Loyalty, 2 Honesty, and 1 Laughter so far. That's.... kinda weird.
Oh, we already have Honesty? I can change mine easily, my flavour gives a lot of options...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Well, just to make sure I get a spot, meet Cranial Crack and his incomplete sheet...

Kinda curious why its a 'Griffin' robot as it doesn't seem to have much to do with flying. Did you have a specific backstory in mind?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm fine with having a double, but if you want to change it, ok. If there was a third honesty or loyalty, then I would like a change.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 3 Empty Whelp, magic it is, then.

Post  SparkImpulse Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Hadn't quite looked closely enough to realize there was overlap. so! I'm going to offer to be the element of magic, inspired all the moreso by our timeline of "way before the NMM incident" ...

According to Hearth's Warming lore, the tribes didn't trust each other, right? So a pegasus who understood magic, even a little, would be doubly conflicted about working with unicorns / magic-users.

This contradiction pleases me, so barring complaint, I'm going to go change my char to read "Magic makes it all complete"
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Well, this is also before the tribes. There is harmony among the races, but go for it.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:Well, just to make sure I get a spot, meet Cranial Crack and his incomplete sheet...
Kinda curious why its a 'Griffin' robot as it doesn't seem to have much to do with flying.  Did you have a specific backstory in mind?
Well, I'm still refining it, but the current idea is that Cranial's brain belonged to a griffon (who I haven't yet made a name for) who lived a good life before he was snatched from the street for experimentation. His mind was throw into a robotic body, and later was expanded by adding chunks of unicorn brains, allowing him to use the horns attached to his head for powerful magic. The claws and tail (the tail obviously being styled after a Manticore's tail) hold needles which Crainial uses to exert mental dominance. The robot wasn't given wings most likely to keep performance on the magic side of things, and not the physical. There's more to it then that, but it mostly would focus on pre-experimentation and post-experimentation (well, the experiments never end, but more like where his personality is now)...

Of course, just because he doesn't have wings doesn't mean that should be ignored. Perhaps I can use that. Maybe the griffon that would later become Cranial was a talented flyer, and now he partially longs to return to the sky...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
Kinda curious why its a 'Griffin' robot as it doesn't seem to have much to do with flying.  Did you have a specific backstory in mind?
Well, I'm still refining it, but the current idea is that Cranial's brain belonged to a griffon (who I haven't yet made a name for) who lived a good life before he was snatched from the street for experimentation. His mind was throw into a robotic body, and later was expanded by adding chunks of unicorn brains, allowing him to use the horns attached to his head for powerful magic. The claws and tail (the tail obviously being styled after a Manticore's tail) hold needles which Crainial uses to exert mental dominance. The robot wasn't given wings most likely to keep performance on the magic side of things, and not the physical. There's more to it then that, but it mostly would focus on pre-experimentation and post-experimentation (well, the experiments never end, but more like where his personality is now)...

Of course, just because he doesn't have wings doesn't mean that should be ignored. Perhaps I can use that. Maybe the griffon that would later become Cranial was a talented flyer, and now he partially longs to return to the sky...

That last part sounds good.

Also, I think you only used 7 of your Genetic Engineering traits. You could possibly give him 'Its Almost Like Flying' or 'Thunderbird' for the 8th.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Cardbo wrote:Also, I think you only used 7 of your Genetic Engineering traits.  You could possibly give him 'Its Almost Like Flying' or 'Thunderbird' for the 8th.
Oh, I'm aware of what I'm currently missing. Flying isn't too much of a concern because I can levitate with Magecraft, but I do have the option there. There are a lot of options for the 8th point, although I most likely would rather give him Thunderborn than Thunderbird. The former's ability to power up machines would come in more use in this setting. Still, anything could be possible...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups closed) - Page 3 Empty roleplay / word choice questions

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:29 pm

So, it occurred to me on my drive in to work this morning ... if this is before the royal crowns, is there some other royal to whom my former-guard character would owe allegiance? Was he ever described as "a royal guard" ... or for that matter, since he was a bit more of a beat-cop during his career, would he be a town (or royal) guard at all or just a policepony?

Again, using Will Smith's 'J' as an approximate template, I had envisioned him as having worked in a college town ... a unicorn college town, so that despite not trusting magic, he has had experience both in keeping the no-longer-teenagers' shirts on, as it were, and in understanding something about how unicorns interact with their magic.

Any problems, questions, or answers so far, Colter?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm

There is still royalty, and there are colleges that specialize in magical studies, so your character is fine in that regards. The only thing that I noticed that doesn't fit is a paycheck for the experiments.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:The only thing that I noticed that doesn't fit is a paycheck for the experiments.
The "good" doctor didn't have, like, a black-light budget coming from somewhere? I haven't spent much time considering what happened between his time as a guard, and when he got inducted into the surgery queue, but some scandal might have forced Sparky to be pretty loose with his interpretation of "a steady paycheck"

Where did he get his patients from? Not just the psych ward or death row, I assume ...
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:44 pm

SparkImpulse wrote:
Colter Bolt wrote:The only thing that I noticed that doesn't fit is a paycheck for the experiments.
The "good" doctor didn't have, like, a black-light budget coming from somewhere? I haven't spent much time considering what happened between his time as a guard, and when he got inducted into the surgery queue, but some scandal might have forced Sparky to be pretty loose with his interpretation of "a steady paycheck"

Where did he get his patients from? Not just the psych ward or death row, I assume ...
I asked Colter a while back, and he said...

Colter Bolt wrote:"Test subjects are taken off the streets, though sometimes a scientist working there suffers an accident."
Of course, it would seem in the case of 13 and Three-Headed Dragon that some subjects are born there as well...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:I asked Colter a while back, and he said...
[...]
Of course, it would seem in the case of 13 and Three-Headed Dragon that some subjects are born there as well...

That was here in-thread, wasn't it? I think I remember that.
Okay, so here's how it could still work out. ...

Sparky was sent, and was on assignment: examine these odd noises that were disturbing neighbors. Doctor asked if this smells like chloroform, Sparky wakes up missing his skin, wakes up later looking like an angry zebra. Now, angry he might have been but stupid, he wasn't.

Somehow convinced he'd be attacked on sight as a monster he agrees to work with the good doctor ... until the eyeball thing, which was just too much so he made plans to leave. And he left, namely he left some serious repair bills but it still smelled like chloroform so to the doctor, to save his equipment not to mention his overhead budget, placed the false alicorn on ice until more ... appropriate means of control could be employed ... and oh, yes, that never materialized.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Sounds good.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Alright, Dusk has told me that he won't be able to join this game anymore, so now I ask. In the interest of time, would you prefer that we start once Paper has his character finished, or see if the new arrival to the forums is interested?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Probably the later, it's just the polite thing to do. Make sure to send him a PM though rather than waiting for him to notice.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 pm

It's been a while since sign-up, so I want to see who all is still interested, because after Paper's character is done, I'll make the IC thread.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:It's been a while since sign-up, so I want to see who all is still interested, because after Paper's character is done, I'll make the IC thread.
This is a triumph. I'm making a note here. 'Huge Success!'
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:53 pm

*raises hand*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next