Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 17 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Yyyyes, I am waiting, watching the back. And crying, but, you know. Secondary importance.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 17 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Lyntermas Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Unless someone else has a better idea, I say we should wait for Mefas to show up.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:40 am

Ramsus, what are your parameters for the Sending ritual? Do I need to know the person's name, or have talked to them, or do I just need to know what they look like?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:55 am

Either of those last two will work.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am

Alt-script time!

Skaimos expands his mind far beyond the reaches of the city. He needn't have gone to such lengths, though. Melas-san said that he was nearby and would be at the alley shortly. However, just as Skaimos was about to break his meditation and tell the others, a force seemed grab him; not causing pain, but not letting him awake. Skaimos had no mental picture of the "attacker", but heard a strange, stilted voice enter his mind.

"Hello there, Skaimos Terai-san. It would appear that your...teachers are no longer keeping you from me. I can only assume that this means that you are now going out to "find your fortune." I am so pleased to hear this."

"However, it seems that you have trusted the wrong people, and are now wanted for a political crime. Not the best way to start your journey, but you are young, and this mistake is still quite...affordable. However, I sense that you are concerned for the well-being of your family in regards to your actions. Well, I would not have you anxious to leave the nest, so I will assure that your family does not suffer any...negative consequences. You see, family is quite important to my employer."

"Unfortunately, you will learn that favors come with a price. It is not to take advantage of you, you understand, but we have...procedures for these sorts of things. The price for our services is this: you must leave Kabikyo tonight. Heh, a rather convenient cost, you may think. Let me assure you, that this is not an exile. You may return to this city at a later date, any later date. My employer simply wishes for you to be on your way. The world is out there, Terai-san, and there is much you need to see. Besides, don't you want to return that little girl to her family?"

"That is all for the moment. If you would like to talk again, just do another Sending ritual, and think of a small gray urn; I will find you. One last message, before I forget: Granny says hello."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 am

You, know, I just scoured the backlog for when specifically I said I didn't want to get involved with the dad looking for his missing child... and it appears I forgot to do that. But, that doesn't change the fact that I thought it was a bad idea, and was going to try my best to ignore it.

Fast Forward to the present, we have a kidnapped child that we can't hand off to anyone, a very likely price on our heads, and my character just suffered serious physical and psychological torment as a bonus.

Is it too late to go watch that Martial Arts Tournament some more?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:47 am

That would certainly be a convenient script for you!

Edit: lol yes, it's long over.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:56 am

And here I thought this one was going to end up being the most heroic of quests to start off with... I mean it was about a lost child... What could go wrong with that?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:32 am

...I want to watch the Martial Arts Tournament too.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 am

I really didn't care anything about the fightin'...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 pm

I guess I'll count those checks for the purposes of avoiding guards and stuff for the rest of this scene. However other stuff during it could cause their own perception or stealth checks depending on what you guys do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 pm

...So, wait, did you want us all to do Stealth/Perception/Other skill checks in order to get to Alma's caravan friend?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Well to avoid the guards, it seems that way.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:34 pm

No, it's fine if it's just Cyrta if she's guiding you guys on which ways to go and which to avoid.

Edit: Though I am waiting on you guys declaring some kind of action.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Okay, so, Tordek would probably chase after those kids and lay the smack down, but that seems like a really bad idea, so if anyone would care to restrain him, by all means say something.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, any other day, Alma would probably do something of the sort, being all kind and caring.

But today hasn't gone so well for her.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Ramsus wrote:And that's about the time one of the kids wises up and starts screaming, "Help! Children being assaulted by lower race adults here! Help!"
I just screwed us all over, didn't I?
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 pm

They were gonna do it sooner or later really.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 am

So you guys are just heading to the caravaneer now? Or are there other things you want to do first/on the way?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 am

I got nothing....

Edit: Oh wait, we be leaving the town... I guess maybe Cystra should try to explain what's going on with her drow friends or something?

Edit2: Also there was that elf kid as I was reminded of... He stole some branch for some unknown reason we could try seeing what that was about too...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 am

Wait, the elf kid stole a branch? Missed that. Anyway, I don't think the drow is going to help us, and the elf kid was...probably just committing botanical theft as a souvenir. If you really think it should be followed up on, you can try searching the hill after the rest of us are "safe", or Skaimos could try his Sending ritual, since he knows what the elf looks like.

Speaking of the Sending ritual, Ramsus, what's the approximate distance between Kabikyo and Hanko? (Or would I have to ask someone in-game about that?)

edit: I've got no plans before running into the caravaneer. Also, while I'm guessing the letter was some sort of contingency for when we got captured, the whole "introducing the letter before having it ripped to shreds" somewhat reminded me of this clip.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 am

Yeah, Alma probably wants to get away from this city as quickly as possible. But, I do have a question. What exactly are we planning to do once we get there? I can't see showing up with the kidnapped daughter in our company going down too well for us. Showing up with the freely given daughter as part of negotiations for peace is probably worse.

That is what happened right? i can;t for the life of me wrap my head around what she said past "false name".
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 am

She said you'd be rewarded for bringing her home.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 am

Well, "freely given" isn't exactly accurate. It was probably considered one of those "necessary evils" in order to ensure peace. I don't think Sa'Hak-cho-sama will be SAD that his daughter showed up. In fact, it might give him an advantage ("don't do anything stupid, or I might hurt your heir and you can't do the same to me"). However, whether this will lead to another "honor war" is, quite frankly, up to them. Right now, we've got a girl that we can't return, so we might as well take her home.

edit: Ninja'd by Ramsus. Well, it supports what I was saying, anyway.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 am

Good, then lets get the fuck outta here.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next