Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 18 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 am

Lyntermas wrote:Wait, the elf kid stole a branch? Missed that. Anyway, I don't think the drow is going to help us, and the elf kid was...probably just committing botanical theft as a souvenir. If you really think it should be followed up on, you can try searching the hill after the rest of us are "safe", or Skaimos could try his Sending ritual, since he knows what the elf looks like.

Speaking of the Sending ritual, Ramsus, what's the approximate distance between Kabikyo and Hanko? (Or would I have to ask someone in-game about that?)

edit: I've got no plans before running into the caravaneer. Also, while I'm guessing the letter was some sort of contingency for when we got captured, the whole "introducing the letter before having it ripped to shreds" somewhat reminded me of this clip.
Whoops, I missed this entire post somehow.

The kid related stuff was info Cyrta got because unlike you guys she had time to pay attention to stuff. She actually knows more or less where he went too.

I'm not too great with distances. With some help with Bronymous, where we assumed that caravan travel speed on average would be about 30 miles a day, I'd say Hanko is a bit over 600 miles from Kabikyo. (So, about three weeks travel.) You could all potentially (Alma certainly) possess that information so, I won't make you roll or ask anyone.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 18 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

I support the well-thought out plan of action "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm

2 votes for just leave and 2 non-clear votes. *shrug*
Btw Lynt, you can only do Sending for free once a day and since it's otherwise a ritual you aren't even level appropriate for, I don't think you have the resources to cast it normally on hand.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 pm

I vote for side trip to checking out what happened with the Elf-Kid, but my brain be derpin' on how to bring that up in character...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 pm

...Well, it's not like it'll hurt (anymore than we already are). A good way to bring it up in character would be to suggest that the elf left shortly after we escaped with the girl, and that he might know more about Mefas.

Would the rest of you be up for it?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm up for it, I'm just scared it will turn out to be like the children.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm as up for this as I am about helping the "dad" find his lost little girl. Alma's either a sheep or a zombie by now, though, so lead and I will follow.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Well I can't think up any good way to bring it up in character... So we'll just move on to dealing with logical getting the kid to her dad stuff.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:55 pm

What was the point of spending all this time having an OOC discussion of what to do if you were just going to make the decision for everyone in the end anyway?

Well, whatever. Moving on.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm a bit of a derp...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 am

I would just like to point out that, based on logic and arbitrary GM decision, Skaimos' parents place is all the way back on the side of town you just left from. So that's not really an option.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Question, Ramsus: Does the locked door open into the shop or into the street?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm

It'd open it into the street the way I'm picturing it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:26 am

Yes it's morning, rather early in fact. Mykaila is the one Cyrta knows who's talking.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:33 am

Aww, I didn't get to do my "wake up screaming" nightmare bit. Oh well, next time maybe.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 am

You could have mentioned to me you wanted to do that. In fact, you probably should when you do want to do that because I'm not really going to pause the game on you guys sleeping in case people want to do actions they can't do while they sleep. I pause to check if people want to do stuff often enough that doing it when I see nothing anyone can do would probably get pretty annoying.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 am

Then next time she tries to get a nap in. Shouldn't be too long,
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:03 am

You kinda oversold Cyrta's flight a bit there Lynt, she can only fly 10 feet up above whatever she'd be standing on.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:19 am

Alright, guys, here's a question. Skaimos and Mykaila's names - tell the truth, or lie?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:33 am

Lie. That's basic.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 am

Well I'm thinking my Pixie's going to tell her real name... She's never had to lie about that before so she'd not think to do that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:25 pm

So.... what are we waiting on here? You guys gonna do anything?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 am

Xel, you gonna roll Perception or is Cyrta just going to make up when it's clear or not?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 am

Oh dear... My dice roller just gave me an 8, so that'd be a total of 13, if I've figured out what works with what by now...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 am

So, since in came up in Zarhon's game, would you guys be interested in converting the "mechanics" for this game to the Living Legends mechanics? If so, I'd need some help coming up with the stuff for all those races. (I'd also need to learn the GM's side of combat before we actually had any.) I might keep Skill Challenges if we did anyway, just because those I find pretty interesting (though I'd take opinions on that).

Edit: If I were to switch things over to LL mechanics I'd be changing things so that you gained Utility Talents every level. Also possible I'd decide to pad out the levels so that we had 20 instead of 10 or something but, that decision would probably wait till post level 3 based on how fast it seemed like I was having you guys gain levels.

Edit 2: Don't know what I was thinking. I don't think Races should be non-malleable things anyway. If you guys want to do this, feel free to look at all of the racial traits from the Pony Tales system too (my topic for the alternate racial system would be a one stop shop for that).

PT Utilities would be on the table too, since the systems are both basically the same one system anyway. (Though there are things I may just veto or alter.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next