Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 19 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm

While it would be fun to do so... I'm personally unsure how I'd retool my Pixie into the Living Legends system. But it could be wothwhile to try. Would make things easier for me at least with the skill checks and stuff.

Combat would be simpler to do too I'd assume.

Edit: Still I'm going to try to build what I think Cyrtanthus the Pixie would look like in the living legends system.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 19 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Ok, I've looked over things, but I'd like to see if this is allowed, cause I personally don't think that a Pixie should need utilities to fly without any penalties, given that they normally fly and stuff. And I also didn't like the idea of Cyrta being immune to lava, so um... I made some changes to the two racial talents I'd like for my character have. I hope they're balanced and ok to use. If so, this'd make the rest of building her character easy to do and make her mostly the same skill wise between the two systems.

racial ability suggestions for a pixie:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Haha, nice try but... nope. You can take the normal version of those traits though. You can have Dragon’s Grandeur as a consolation prize though.

Btw, why are you not on Skype or in the Jokers doc?

For a more in depth reason why I said no...
Spoiler:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Your reasonings make sense. I was admitingly wasn't sure about the -5 idea myself... But fine, I'll work with what I've got to work with and find something to make it work as best as I want it too. Mmm... And your saying that I should have Flying Ace, that sucks... Well... What level system are we working with totally. and what's are starting level? Cause that's the only thing that's not clear to me. And if we got more then just five utility talents to start off with. That'd be nice... Would allow me to get freaky knowlage, magecraft, and stealth mode. Three little utilities that strike me as the most logical to give my pixie.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Oh, since you guys are level 1 I figured it was obvious you were still level 1. You don't have to take Flying Ace right now but, you probably should soon.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 pm

If everyone else wants to convert, I'll do it too. The thing is it'll be a lot easier for me, so I don't want to suggest it if a Genasi and Tiefling are hard to convert.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Well here's my retool of my pixie. What you all think?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 pm

What do I do about my Beast Form powers. Nothing in the LL system matches that, and the Changeling trait only applies to other races.

EDIT: Actually, this applies to most of my powers and skills.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Well there are the Shapeshifting talents in the LL Talent Show but, if you think you need more than that I guess we could modify Changeling's Trickery into a Utility for shape-changing into animals.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 pm

How's this:

Wild Shape-
You can change your shape to that of an animal of similar size, and remain that way until you wish to change back. This talent may be performed at will, or once per turn in combat as a minor action (this does not affect combat in any other way). While in Wild Shape, you cannot communicate with other creatures except for the same kind of animal. You cannot access any of your active Utility Talents while in this form, but gain abilities that the chosen animal would have (flight, spider climb, increased movement speed, sharp claws, etc).
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Hmmm, I dunno about giving you basically free flight, water-breathing, etc. Otherwise ok though.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 pm

I can already water-breathe. And I already flew for free.

Sheet.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 am

Bronymous wrote:I can already water-breathe. And I already flew for free.

Sheet.

Actually no, you couldn't fly before and if you don't take flight talents, I'm not giving you free flight. Gliding sure but, not flight.

Um... shouldn't Alma be a bit better at Endurance what with the whole desert druid thing?

Watersoul was good, nice job there.

@7/9: Hanko? I think you meant Kabikyo.

You both have Gotcha, seems a bit excessive. Well, I encourage you guys to all discuss each other's characters and try to avoid overlap on things you don't need to and re-tooling combat choices to work as a team better and stuff like that.

Oh, I suppose I should have mentioned. I'm not giving out items as per the item book. I'll give them out occasionally and often as not I might make stuff up. Right now you guys shouldn't have any magic items.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 pm

You had me fly back to the others to save time.

What is the point of turning into a bird if it can't fly? And more importantly, what is the point of my character now? The beast form thing was an integral part of how I intended to play the game. But now, even though I balanced it out by getting rid of my ability to use other talents AND to talk to everyone else, I don't get any positive bonus or ability from it. It doesn't do anything in combat, because this system won't allow for it. So no pros, all cons. How exactly do you justify taking my character and cutting her usefulness and playability by half?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Firstly, no, I didn't have you fly before. We discussed it and you glided down. If you want Flight, pay for it like everyone else or take the Owl Form shapeshifting talent or some other Utility that grants Flight (you're free to look at Pony Tales stuff too). You aren't getting at-will good flight off-hand as a side bonus with a single utility.

I don't recall saying you couldn't use other talents while shapechanged or that you couldn't talk. You're free to change the talent so that you can.

I don't really have to justify cutting her usefulness in half because that was a single power in 4th ed, not half of all your powers and if you'd read that power carefully, it granted no benefits on its own at all besides changing your appearance. No flight, water breathing, wall climbing, or anything of the sort, heck you couldn't even shapeshift into things smaller than you, which I'm allowing, within reason. As for shapechanging in combat, it's flavor. You can do it as much or little as you like. Currently, if in a form with wings, I'd say Alma can fly about as high as she stands and that this has no real mechanical effect (aside from already being able to glide).

If you really want to be able to fly so badly, take Flight as your racial instead of the extra Utility.
Edit: If you take this option I'll probably throw in another racial trait (not Dragon's Grandeur) since Cyrta has the same build more or less (Flight + Somethingsoul + something else).
Edit 2: Probably Friend in Deed/Pack Mentality or Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't come back to this thread in a while. I've been doing some thinking, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I really want to play this campaign anymore.

It's mainly that the story has taken a path that I'm not looking forward to anymore. Granted, it was our choices that led us to our current situation, but I don't want to keep playing as "Skaimos the fugitive who has made everyone's lives miserable". I can't get enthusiastic about it, and I don't feel invested in it, which would make playing further feel more like a chore than anything else.

I'm not trying to bash on Ramsus here. It's his world, he's taken the time to set this up, and he can run his campaign how he likes. I'm just not feeling it anymore, so I'm bowing out.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Well thank you for killing my campaign because you decided to be emo about your character as opposed to give yourself a chance to dig yourself out of the hole you dug for yourself.

Edit: By that logic I should have quit Zarhon's and Bronymous' games instead of giving them a chance to get better.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 am

...So I'm back. Sorry for that. Just had to get some stuff off my chest. Alright, anybody got any suggestions for racial talents for a tiefling?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 am

You need to give us viewing privileges.

I wish you'd said something about the kid thing. That was.... um... yeah, an accidental punishment for you guys not acting like people at a festival? I had intended Alma to find the letter as soon as she went for her purse to get some money to pay for something. Yeah, Nale Mefas didn't think you guys would notice it (he figured you guys had eaten already, which I think you had, and that you would act like heroes and focus on the mission) but, that was the NPC, not me. It had been sitting there all day and I figured sooner or later you'd notice it. Was just bad luck you didn't.

Edit: If I was being harder on you guys than maybe it seems I should have, it's because there's such a large payoff if you actually handled things well (or poorly and "succeed" anyway, which is what you guys in fact did).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:49 am

Lynt, wouldn't Memory to Mist make more sense for Memory Hole? *shrug*

I'm surprised you didn't take Magecraft.

Don't take Paranoia, it's really just an absolutely terrible move. It seems cool but, sadly the way the mechanics work out, it's sorta a waste of your turn.

I already said before, no magic items unless I actually give them to you in game. >_<

Ok, race traits....

Well off-hand Skaimos looks like he could use a bonus Utility.

Clever Tail would be.... funny? Freaky Knowledge of some kind can never be wrong. Attack the Day would be decent. Adept/Epic Pwny would be ok. Spellchild/Badass would make a lot of sense (though right now you don't have anything but Honesty to apply it to, though I'd let you switch what it applies to later if you really wanted).

I'm really not going to pay attention to what Stairc says things are supposed to cost as I'm sure the other three characters already done don't quite match it and I feel like he's overpriced a lot of stuff.

I think I'll just throw Clever Tail in there as a "you have this, no questions" just because it brings a smile to my face. And just take any of the other two (though Adept + Spellchild would be pushing it so, not that particular combination).

@7/9: It looks like I've basically given everyone but you three racial traits, so I think you need to have a third as well just to be fair. Perhaps FK or Sharp Eyes?

Edit: @Bronymous, just realized why you have Gotcha on there and yeah... that makes a lot of sense.
I suggest having your racials be Flight (since you clearly care about having that), Watersoul, and one of Friend in Deed/Packmaster or Satisfaction Guaranteed. Then drop Swiftcurrent as you can always pick it up next level and your Virtue is loyalty so you can already teleport when you really need to.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 am

I'm gonna go with Sharp Eyes, 'cause in 3.5 Dwarves could notice flaws in stonework and whatnot.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

That was basically exactly what I was thinking for the reasoning for that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 am

I've been busy, I'll change what needs to be changed ASAP. I guess I misunderstood the intent of wild shape in 4e, Flight in itself doesn't really make sense to have, so I'll go without. I will look into a third trait though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next