Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 34 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Dr Blight Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Well I have two and the element of generosity besides. Though Tethe is technically one of the ones you're trying to convince.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 34 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I've got a Kindness-Bomb to use if need be... But part of me totally wants to save the magic point for post event to just burn the dwarf!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 pm

In addition to my previous two questions which you guys all ignored.. =(

Who has each of the two new magical items?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Tordek isn't the main damage-dealer, so I'm perfectly happy to give up the Magical Strap. I imagined him as more of a tank, but he hasn't been getting a lot of status effects lately, so if anyone thinks they need the Ring more I wouldn't mind giving it up.

As for the TalSpec points, I think I might save them for one of the bonuses that costs 7 points.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 pm

I honestly don't have a clue what to think of both items... They both look kinda lame to me.

The other question... I've mostly just not thought much about what to do with my talent points... Still unsure what I should do with them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Note to self: Don't make any items with Cyrta in mind since Xel will just declare them lame.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey, one just gives an extra 1d10 damage attack or 6 damage to one target attack or 4 to two targets attack... Or the other item we've got to pick is getting a simple +1 to saving throws along with a "resistance to poison and diseases" IE: a vague add on that might help but might not. They just look like nothing special or really to spend much fanfare over.

And I don't see how they where built with my character in mind for them... But that most likely comes back to just a different of views on stuff between us.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

I didn't say those were made with your character in mind. Just that your complaints about items or lack of items in this game has basically involved complaining about everything possible, so it gives me very little reason to want to put effort into making anything for you since it's clear you won't appreciate it if I do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

And I'm sorry that all of my basic critiques of your work have been to only put you down Ramsus.

One of the reasons I've called them lame is that they look so very underwelming when you compare them to the Items Doc that WAS built for this gaming system that we're as of this moment playing with. So I just thought that maybe they'd be worthwhile because you didn't wish for us to have those items so maybe I had hoped the items you are going to give us would look cool enough and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Well, you can pretty easily compare those two to stuff in that book, it's just that they're less strong. These are meant to be minor magical items because you're low level characters and this stuff is just free bonus stuff. But, really, you shouldn't be comparing it to stuff in the Hoard book. I made it clear already I wasn't going to be using that stuff.

Just because Dan & co like the balance point they have for those items, doesn't mean I actually agree it's a good place to have as a balance point. Additionally, if I gave you items that were that strong right from the start, I would have to give you very few items, which is not what I plan to do and items you get at later levels wouldn't seem very impressive since they'd be on the same power scale as ones you got at level 1.

You can keep comparing things to stuff I already said we're not going to use but, it's just going to end up making us both unhappy. The more you repeat that same complaint, the less I want to give you anything at all.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:29 am

I was gonna be upset about not getting a chance to respond properly, but apparently I wasn't informed yet, so nevermind.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:40 am

I personally vote for "A Friend in High Places" for out lvl 3 boon. We already have an excellent explanation for it in Mykaila.

Also, regarding the magic items. I'll take the strap if no one else wants it, but I already have the shoulder guard so I'm fine with Tordek taking it instead if he wants it.

I vote the ring goes to Alma, since she's our best bet for curing diseases. We'd want to keep her from getting sick. Barring that, Skaimos.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:58 pm

This gonna be a loooooong fight.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Don't talk about that... Just get with the heals. I know I could use some...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 pm

lolnope. I'm not healing shit this fight.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Heal or no heal... GET TO POSTING! Your up after all...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 am

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Um, 7/9, I'm not sure you can use Slashback.

Dazed - The creature doesn’t get its normal complement of actions on its turn; it is restricted to taking either a single standard or a single minor action. It cannot use free actions, reactions or interrupts.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 pm

He used it on the attack which Dazed him. Which is fine, if weird, since it's interrupting the attack before he acquired the dazed status. Btw, it's your turn Lynt.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Since Skaimos is blind, would flipping a coin for using Force Push again be an "all or nothing", or "flip for each target"?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:25 pm

"Blinded – A creature that is blinded flips a coin before it attacks. If it loses the flip, the attack does nothing. Flip a separate coin for each target of the attack."

So that'd be a flip for each target.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm

But the combat talent says there is only one target... Just that the Adjacent enemies get hit as well.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

That's a good point. I guess it's a coin flip for the whole thing then.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Lynt, you missed some stuff in the Skype chat you might want to know about before your next turn. Also you didn't save against your Ongoing 2 damage (save ends).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:13 am

Alright, guys, get Thornhill to keep fighting, or let him go?

Now, this is important: Thornhill's still got 150 HP on him. If we try and make him stay, we'll have to deal with all of that.

Options for catching him:
-Alma uses Form of the Raptor, tackles him off his raptor.
-One of us uses our new Friendly Raptor to get at him (Tethe can slow him down with her Frostborne trait).
-Skaimos uses Telepathy to call Thornhill a coward who "can't even finish one job right".
-Tethe uses Spectral Steeds
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next