Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets OOC and info

+9
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Paper Shadow
deonte9109
RavenscroftRaven
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
Brony 7 of 9
13 posters

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets OOC and info - Page 17 Empty Re: The Sun Sets OOC and info

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Has everyone made all the changes to their sheets?

Has Paper come up with a sheet yet?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qwENzR93Nd4eSEIpomRWgI0eWWGQDGZpJqE2jJ3D_jQ/edit?pli=1

It's a work in progress, but that's all the mechanical things unless I change my mind on some stuff. I'll work on giving a name and writing backstory (and hopefully add a picture) when I wake up in the morning if I wake up early enough...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm good ATM moment with my character sheet.  I'll have to double check that there haven't been any changes to the combat talents I'm currently using though, but no major changes.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Should be all set up now. I used Genetic Modification to rework Dodger's racials, so he no longer has the boost to assists he had before, and did some changing around with combat stuff (and blacked-out Destiny stuff when we get to it). All in all it's easily the biggest change I've made, and if I need to change anything because it doesn't look plausible, let me know.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:04 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Should be all set up now. I used Genetic Modification to rework Dodger's racials, so he no longer has the boost to assists he had before, and did some changing around with combat stuff (and blacked-out Destiny stuff when we get to it). All in all it's easily the biggest change I've made, and if I need to change anything because it doesn't look plausible, let me know.
Why did you change his racials, that's rule number 1- no GE, official racial templates only.

Nothing about batman jumps off the page at me, other than the teleport thing. Hope you've got a convincing flavor for it.

EDIT: And you guys could at least wait for me to confirm that an action works before running with it. Continue.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 am

Bronymous wrote:Why did you change his racials, that's rule number 1- no GE, official racial templates only.
Because when I have a brain fart is is about something particularly stupid. Fixed.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Alright so here's the deal. I got my orders and my job slot, and I'm shipping to Basic December third. That's two and a half weeks. I'd like to kick this into turbo and have you guys dealing with the more-or-less Final Boss by then. First thing's first though, you need to hurry up and finish in the house. Luckily, there isn't that much more to do- finish a fight, explore one or two more potential options, finish that puzzle. Should be doable by Saturday night. I'll be using the skype thread that was forced upon us to answer most questions as they come, to save time (with the exception of Storm, obviously).

The two new players, sorry that it'll only be a short time playing, but they sprung the news on me yesterday and didn't give me a lot of wiggle room. Paper, I'd still like to see your character in, but I'll understand if you just want to stay out of it for now.

The game WILL continue after two months or so, as soon as I have my computer and internet again. Ideally, if everyone is still here and willing, we'll be able to a) pick up from where we left off, or b) start the next chapter. Definitely depends on whether we can finish this part before that, though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:59 am

OOC:The reason I'm asking this is that I'm hoping you could make a Streetwise or History check that could possibly give us more information. I'm assuming that would be okay Bronymous?
That would be fine.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:58 pm

OOC:Can we see an updated map of the second floor?
Map. Note that while the red circles still indicate unexplored doors and areas, I left some of the doors "closed" in areas you have been, to keep track of which ones you have and have not opened (Bells Room, Study, Observation Room).
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:23 am

[06:21:50] Eli Mell: someone go on there and tell Cardbo he can't use that after he made the roll
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks for that. I meant someone else go on and say it like they were the one correcting him, so I didn't have to be the DM that Says No again.

It says "Next skill check", you have to declare it ahead of time. It isn't an interrupt or reaction.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:40 am

Ok. Whatever. That makes it the most useless ability ever. If you don't know you're going to roll a one, why would you use it in the first place?

Anyway, I think we've got uses of Team Awesome. Unless anyone objects?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:50 am

Cardbo wrote:Ok.  Whatever.  That makes it  the most useless ability ever.  If you don't know you're going to roll a one, why would you use it in the first place?
Well, to be fair, didn't you think the ability to reroll 5 Natural 1s for only 2 Racial Points was a bit too strong? I believe it's suppose to be used as a boost to your CM skill, but I'm not a fan of pre-emptive things...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Ok.  Whatever.  That makes it  the most useless ability ever.  If you don't know you're going to roll a one, why would you use it in the first place?
Well, to be fair, didn't you think the ability to reroll 5 Natural 1s for only 2 Racial Points was a bit too strong? I believe it's suppose to be used as a boost to your CM skill, but I'm not a fan of pre-emptive things...
Eh. Not really. Being able to reroll 5 Natural 1s doesn't strike me as particularly strong. All it does is make you not fail. It only provides a small bonus if its a CM skill.

@Bronymous
Can I exchange this racial for something else?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:41 pm

It's built to be used in very important situations. Its 0 second prep time lets you look at a situation and say "I really can't afford to fail this next skill check", so you activate it as a safety net. It has 5 uses to counteract wasting it on a good roll.

Compare it to This is Whining and Awesomeness, which let you see the roll first- they're only useable once a day.

Speaking to the bat pony newcomer.
She's a unicorn. We're still waiting on the Bat Pony's finished sheet.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Bronymous wrote:It's built to be used in very important situations. Its 0 second prep time lets you look at a situation and say "I really can't afford to fail this next skill check", so you activate it as a safety net. It has 5 uses to counteract wasting it on a good roll.

Compare it to This is Whining and Awesomeness, which let you see the roll first- they're only useable once a day.
This Is Whining turns a Crit Fail into a Crit Success. Awesomness rerolls with a +5. Either 'TIW' is too strong, or Awesomeness is too weak for 1/day interrupt.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:It's built to be used in very important situations. Its 0 second prep time lets you look at a situation and say "I really can't afford to fail this next skill check", so you activate it as a safety net. It has 5 uses to counteract wasting it on a good roll.

This Is Whining turns a Crit Fail into a Crit Success.  Awesomness rerolls with a +5.  Either 'TIW' is too strong, or Awesomeness is too weak for 1/day interrupt.
This Is Whining only works on your Cutie Mark skill (which makes that Crit Success a Spectacular Success, but yeah). Awesomeness can be used on any Natural 1 you or an ally you can see rolls...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 pm

And by the stupidest of stupidly stupid ruling, they all work in conjunction with a 2 or 3 if you have Derp. And I think awesomeness is actually Magic Point fueled.

I don't actually like any of them. So many people just run on those so they never have to deal with a crit fail, which is often one of the best parts of the game. People are too scared of light, friendly humiliation, even when it comes to the smallest, least important of skill checks.

Take now for instance. I'll go ahead and tell you, there is nothing to see out there. Even if you could use it in this situation, it would have no benefit. The only thing it would do is save you from doing something silly, and entertaining the rest of the group.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Bronymous wrote:And by the stupidest of stupidly stupid ruling, they all work in conjunction with a 2 or 3 if you have Derp. And I think awesomeness is actually Magic Point fueled.
Indeed they do, and the same goes for the Virtue of Reliability. I've got a build that makes sure I hit at least DC 15 for six skills but I need GE for that. Also, Awesomeness doesn't have a Magic Point cost, but I believe that a long time ago TIW had one, but I'm not too sure...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Bronymous wrote:And by the stupidest of stupidly stupid ruling, they all work in conjunction with a 2 or 3 if you have Derp. And I think awesomeness is actually Magic Point fueled.
Thats a separate issue, and one of the reasons why I never take Derp. The D20 is a harsh mistress.

I don't actually like any of them. So many people just run on those so they never have to deal with a crit fail, which is often one of the best parts of the game.  People are too scared of light, friendly humiliation, even when it comes to the smallest, least important of skill checks.

Take now for instance. I'll go ahead and tell you, there is nothing to see out there. Even if you could use it in this situation, it would have no benefit. The only thing it would do is save you from doing something silly, and entertaining the rest of the group.
The outside of the house is swarming with not-zombie ponies. A crit fail would've been perfectly valid justification for one of them to crash through the window.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:47 pm

The outside of the house is swarming with not-zombie ponies. A crit fail would've been perfectly valid justification for one of them to crash through the window.
I tend to keep my crit fail shenanigans related to what is being rolled- though maybe I should broaden my horizons. But I generally am very lenient, in that the consequences of failure are USUALLY the only real negative (not always). And if there is little to be gained from succeeding, like now, than there will be little in the way of negative consequences.

For example, what I would have posted if I was going to hold you to that nat 1 would be
You go to the window to get a better look outside. Unfortunately, you can't see anything through the mysterious condensation that appears as soon as you get close.
But I've decided in my infinite mercy and omnipotent wisdom, that I will allow you to have the reroll this time. In the future, you will have to call it ahead of time.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Bronymous wrote:But I've decided in my infinite mercy and omnipotent wisdom, that I will allow you to have the reroll this time. In the future, you will have to call it ahead of time.
I'm okay with this.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Would it be a true assumption that Silver Bells and Batpony can hear the thumping from downstairs?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:00 am

Silver Bells looks both troubled and relieved. "You three go on, there is somepony at the door!" She quickly runs off to answer the door. When she gets there, she looks to see who might be knocking before she opens the door.
She didn't explain it. She might explain it when she gets back, but that was Bat Pony Knocking, amplified throughout the house.
So really, she ran off, and then a few moments later it stopped.

Now the question before I can move on, is whether or not Storm Dodger and Gearick waited around for her, or went upstairs without her.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am

Storm's still waiting in front of the stairway to the tower.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next