Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Full for the moment, especially since Ramsus is eating for two. Lurk a bit in case of an opening, especially since I had planned to do a counterpart space adventure later on down the line.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:17 pm

So, Zameul... Question to the floor on how much each individual of the team knows about S.T.O.M.P.?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sefton Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Full for the moment, especially since Ramsus is eating for two.  Lurk a bit in case of an opening, especially since I had planned to do a counterpart space adventure later on down the line.
'mkay, thanks for the answer. I"ll lurk (Or better yet, sleep because it's late and see how much things blew up tomorrow) the thread. Hope ya'll have fun o/
Sefton
Sefton
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Info varies per individual. Grease and Gearick have mentioned working with the Keep for a bit in their backstories so in theory they would know the most and have a vague idea of who just walked in the room. May or may not be stepping away from Kegs. Leaning towards having Zero roll Athletics as well since she also has a drink but I didn't initially since Kegs was more vocal. Technically this is an opposed check but I guess it doesn't matter since the minotaurs are using non standard racial builds.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:49 pm

If we're rolling to avoid being drunk, I'm not sure Zero really needs to. I said she sipped at it carefully. So, I don't think she'd likely have had enough to get drunk yet. Still, I'll roll if you like.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Someone pick up that phone I CALLED IT!

...Ahem. Sorry. Still!
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Ramsus wrote:If we're rolling to avoid being drunk...
Nope.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:04 am

Well then, colour me confused.

Can the rest of us make Perception rolls to see what's happening? (I need the practice in rolls anyway.)
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 am

Of course. Surprised no one did when she walked in. State what you're trying to figure out (situation as a whole or looking at her) since different characters are coming from different info and may not have enough to pass the check. You only get one roll for this so word carefully.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 am

Worded hopefully carefully.

And yeah, it's at least odd that she'd ruffle her wings while holding something in them. That runs the risk of dropping the item... Implying she did it for a reason.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 am

She set it on the desk. Or I thought she did. If I forgot to add that then my bad but I'm almost sure she set it down first.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 am

...I was about to point out that wasn't the case, but in fact I am in the wrong here. Sad face. May I edit now?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am

No, may the rainbow forever banish you to the darkest depths of the franchise!

Go ahead.  Simple mistake and I'm waiting for more reactions or skill rolls before I reply anyways.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:03 am

I should probably just state that I'm not rolling anything, and I'm waiting to see what happens to the air and what the mare is going to say next.
...Well, that was rather efficient.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:05 am

Least I'm not banished to the moon for a millennium...

Edited.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:16 am

Edited in a Perception roll for Spotlight.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 am

Err...2 hours ago would've been an excellent time to remind everybody that Friendship is Dragons, so you all have +1 to all your skill checks.
But here it is now, so update away.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:22 am

Updated.

So, who are we expecting to react/roll?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:12 am

Thanks for the +1 sunbeam! And.... edited.

@Clockeye: In general, you're probably going to want to take any excuse to use Instant Party asap. It's a bit weird but, you get rather largely punished for waiting around for an appropriate IC time to use it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I agree, because I want to see the look on this mare's face when she gets soaked in beer foam.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Why did you even have me roll either check if you were going to set the DC higher than Zero could possibly get without a nat 20 and give us the information without giving us the opportunity to do anything with that information? It is really annoying and a pointless time-sink to make us roll for things we can't do anything about. It just leaves me feeling like you made me waste good rolls. You can have your NPCs do "look at how awesome I am" stuff without basically trolling us with it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Or. Maybe if we had Utility Talents that would give us what we needed bonus wise, we could have made it. Maybe this action isn't just showing off, it's demonstrating something that will be helpful to know later on, ala Chekov's Gun. Maybe it's something that can reveal something about her character later on.

Maybe some of us needed the practice in doing rolls in PBP in a time which doesn't have life and death at stake.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Wow, I can tell this game is gonna be tons of fun already. Any time I say anything IC or OOC you and Fury are just going to keep kicking up a fuss huh? (In fact, can Fury's character even communicate without insulting someone?)

Anyway, I'm holding off on respond IC for now because neither of my characters really has anything nice to say and unlike certain people my main concern in RPing isn't fishing for fights.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Ramsus wrote:Wow, I can tell this game is gonna be tons of fun already. Any time I say anything IC or OOC you and Fury are just going to keep kicking up a fuss huh? (In fact, can Fury's character even communicate without insulting someone?)
1. You started it by bitching about the rolls.
2. Gearick has communicated perfectly without insulting anyone.
3. I don't see what the problem is by calling Spotlight on his rather idiotic action.
4. Gearick doesn't like alcholol.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Alright, after this I'll just shut up so as not to potentially tick you off further, Ramsus. As it stands, though, this is effectively what I have to say on the matter.

In the above example, you seemed to be whining about how the DM chose to roll with a scene. If this was a repeat of a similar incident, I could agree with you, it would feel like a waste of time. But when it's the first roll of the game before we've even gotten on with the game proper, I'm going to give Zamuel benefit of the doubt. I don't know why he chose to let us do that roll. And actually, he was just letting Keg roll to see if he kept his drink. You didn't have to for Zero, and I actually asked to see if I could roll Perception, which slowed things down further when everyone chose to. So it's not really Zamuel's fault. More mine, if anyone's. That still doesn't make sense for you to complain about it on the first occurrence.

As for in character... All Melisma knows is this. Somepony just walked in, took away your character's drink to keep her focused. Your robot in turn made a veiled threat. When Melisma is already tired of the unprofessional atmosphere, a sudden potential for violence is just going to bring out her snarky side.

Also... I'm agreeing with Fury? Wubba?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next