Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 24 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 pm

More or less. I'd hope that people would have enough integrity to not blatantly cheat. I personally tend to use Invisible Castle due to the copy/paste options but I believe most here use rolz. And as said, you can use Gafferbot if you roll here in the OOC and not the IC thread.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 24 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Uh... how did Stout overhear Gearick? Gearick was using his own telepathic powers to contact the earth pony, so it wouldn't be part of the group-wide connection between them.

Also, if doing rolls on rolz. Join the rolz group 'STOMP'. Its what I use and the log makes sure I'm honest.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:25 am

@Zamuel: You got it.

@ Fury: I honestly though the psychic link was public, and that Stout was still connected. Since that is not the case, ignore that post. I'll delete it.

Thanks for putting up with my noobness here on the boards. I Rped before but not in this manner and I tend to get overzelous. *nervous laugh*

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:35 am

Muse the griffon has telepathy that is being used as a group channel. Gearick has his own telepathic abilities he can wield wholly separate from her. He's currently using his own powers to talk to the earth pony.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:50 am

Ah.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Zamuel, what's your rule for creations of a crazy contraption? For example, if we were being chased, hit a dead end, and I made a contraption that produces a crystalline wall, what would happen to the wall after 10 minutes, when the wall-producer I built dissappeared?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:57 pm

The wall would disappear after 10 minutes. CCC can be used to modify and destroy but not permanently create due to the "no monetary value" clause. Prevents things like making infinite wealth and resources. There may be loopholes (can't make money from thin air but you could make a mint to engrave fake coins you already have) but that would be on a case by case basis. Also, since I just stated the previous loophole, it can't be used. Razz In most situations I would attempt to make the machine breaking more thematic and dramatic--the crystal's integrity shatters rather than it just going poof.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Is the lion actually advancing towards them, or is it just swiping at them?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Swiping. It's stuck in the wall at the moment and can't move forward.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 pm

I thought as much.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:28 am

Grease isn't going to try anything until he knows what Gearick thinks of his chances at controlling the Lion might be. I can also just get us out of here and nuke the place, if need be, though I won't like it too much (and neither will you guys, trust me).
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:05 am

I'm going to save my second magic point in case we need an emergency escape. There's not a massive difference between a roll over 45 and a roll over 55+.

Also, did Gearick use his magic point or the crystal's magic point?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:06 am

His own magic point, not point in wasting the one-use if we don't have to.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 am

I'd like to know the results of my perception check before I try to move the lion back to his plinth, wherever it is.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:36 am

Don't remember seeing it the first time, my bad. What exactly was he looking for? Difficult to tell with your wording.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:46 am

I can see how you might misunderstand, I misremembered your description post and thought there were more minions in the room. I guess I'll just check to see where our poor scared dirt clod ran went, whether anybody else showed up, and (if it's not asking too much) where the plinth the lion is supposed to be on is.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:54 am

Plinth? *blinks* I...think there may be some miscommunication here.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:53 am

Well, just return to its spot in the wall.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:25 pm

I'll just delete the perception check. It's really not going to do much.

Also, creatures that are trying to claw through walls tend to have run into them from another room. I'm going to move him back into that room, and we can follow him if we choose to.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Yeah...I think I need to reword/recap. The lion statue was originally embedded in the wall with runes around it. When the STOMP team walked in for this second visit, half of its body was out of the wall while the other half was still part of it. It was clawing, not to get through the wall, but to attack anyone nearby since it couldn't outright chase them. The vines freed it since the lion was pulled the rest of the way out.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 pm

So if the lion is watching me, but there's not a room for me to carry him in, where is he?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:44 am

He's near the wall while you're in a spot nearby. I can mildly handwave it. Plus, I'm slow--Muse is psychic. Updated the post.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 am

Did that go through the entire telepathic link that Muse has?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:51 pm

In which direction? The only thing the lion has heard is Muse's greeting. All of the STOMP team was able to hear the lion's telepathic response. Gearick can still split off if needed since he has his own telepathy.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Don't forget Friendship is Dragons on that roll. I failed the assist check and I really don't have anything to say/do right now, so I'm just not going to post.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next