Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 13 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Don't think it was closed so I'll say yes.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 13 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm

sunbeam wrote:In other news, how serious is a puncture in the fabric of a zeppelin?
Just realized that Gearick is back there and would probably answer for Grease. There's a valve securely embedded in the ceiling. It can be opened and closed to control the air/poison/antidote flow.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Any particular reason you guys are ignoring Spotlight's question?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:07 pm

can't think of anything to add sorry...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm

I figured one of my two magic points was worth slightly less than your sole magic point, Ramsus, so I went ahead and used Magic Makes it all Complete to use Zone of Truth. I don't have any spare questions to add, but now we basically have ten minutes for infinity questions.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 pm

sunbeam wrote:...kicking himself for not questioning the loss of haikus from Tensai.
Was worried no one noticed.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Uh.... why? Why would you do that? My element can only be used while the target is helpless. This is probably the only situation for a really long time where I'll likely meet that condition. My MP is worth LESS than either of both of yours. It has no versatility and I have no Magic Utilities.

Edit: If it's not clear. I wanted to use my element and not have the credit for getting the truth randomly taken away from my character. You could use zone of truth after if we have more questions.

Though now that I think about it, is there any way zone of truth is not just better than Honesty? Damn, my element sucks.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Element of Honesty is my least liked Element as well with the exception of maybe Virtue of Honor over on the LL side. And even that feels more useful. I may give a house ruled buff to Honesty but I'm not sure what. There's a few different ways to go about that.

However, this is the only time I'll allow Zone of Truth to be used. Sunbeam has already done the post for it but I'm not going to allow per session/campaign talents to be used with the Element of Magic. I didn't already state that so that's my fault there.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Maybe we could just make Zone of Truth's effect the Honesty element?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

*Whistles to self, smiling over how the Element Expansion could be useful.*
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:05 pm

It could be useful in the future when it's done and ideas are balanced and if Honesty's default ability didn't suck compared to everything else.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:05 pm

An expansion has uses but Element of Honesty simply needs a buff outright.

As far as Zone of Truth, the one drawback is that you can't lie either. Plus, getting it through Magic means it only lasts 5 minutes instead of 10.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, Spotlight already can't lie all the time.

Anyway, I might take a bit to post. Sorta had all the wind taken out of my sails by having Grease wander in and randomly steal the moment away from me by outclassing my character as a sort of accidental sidenote.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 pm

I am not really sure if I should be mentioning this or not but well there is at least one or two ways Honesty is better than Zone of Truth Honesty actually requires the target to answer and it doesn't allow for omission and half-truths ...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Hmmm, that's a decent point. The helpless thing is still a pain.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:08 pm

@tygerburningbright: Since I'm not a killer DM, I'm just going to say to stop giving ideas of how to loophole until after finished. I won't use them (and I disagree about half truths being possible) but noting that. Session vs MP is another factor.

@Mind Gamer: Persuasion? Don't you mean Acrobatics? I ask since you describe kicking the cloud and the two stats are the same amount anyways. I'm fine with using Persuasion for Weather Crafting, just describe it as such.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:23 pm

in other news it does appear that Clockeye is back...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:24 pm

...Hmm. Point made. I think persuasion is just a leftover... Apologies.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 13 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show: Adventure Variety Hour [Now Airing]

Post  Clockeye Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Wow, I have a LOT to catch up on, Sorry i haven't been on much. Edit: Posted.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 am

Ack, sorry Ramsus. I just checked to see if you had the element of Honesty and assumed you had other magic utilities (which is incredibly stupid in retrospect). I'd be fine with a retcon if it's not too late, I can already see how things could be shifted without notably changing later events.

As long as I still have access to 1/day utilities, I have no problem with that nerf to the Element of Magic.

Clockeye, if we should expect other absences like this, and if so, what plan should we have in place for kegs.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 13 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show: Adventure Variety Hour [Now Airing]

Post  Clockeye Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 am

Hopefully not, but keg always protects his friends and will often use his drinks in fighting for distractions.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:44 am

I think it's about 3-4 replies to it too late. I'm just gonna have my character do the only useful thing he has left to do and.... not change what he's doing. If I think up a question you guys don't ask, I'll throw it in there.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 am

While this certainly does need a full balance discussion, for the moment I think the simplest change is to make the Element of Honest not require the helpless condition. That's what makes it so hard to use and removing it allows more concepts since instead of roughing someone up and making them tell the truth, you might just be the kind of person people are at peace with and simply don't lie to. Plus, interrogation spotlights (no pun intended...but makes sense).
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 pm

You know... I don't think I ever did get a response to Gearick's magic scan on the magic-point crystal he was holding...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:45 pm

How exactly did Melisma exit the blimp? Is there an opening someplace? If Zamuel puts his foot down anytime soon and my Fact Analyzer starts threatening to explode, I want somewhere to throw it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next