Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 12 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:20 pm

I will keep the personally created boon for the rest of the arc but may switch to the new Level 3 All Aboard! later on in the campaign. Would make sense if they swapped out/upgraded gear later.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 12 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:54 am

3 rolls, three critical failures. ...This is the dice getting revenge for my crit against Brisk Iron, I knew it!

Though my one chance of escape might be getting out the window... I doubt I can do anything with a crit fail.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:00 am

On the plus side, even if everyone fails, Spotlight will still be awake.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:28 am

If Clockeye is anywhere around here, a very angry, perfectly conscious Kegs would be much appreciated right now.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 am

Don't worry guys. I rolled a 19 and passed the check.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Bridle Gossip is actually a triple roll chance rather than a double but with the assist Dr Fields has passed. In an odd dilemma of sorts. When reaching the island, if Clockeye hadn't posted yet I was just going to have Kegs defend Muse. Allows his character to be heroic but can also have him offscreen so he doesn't slow the team down as far as posting is concerned. Problem is that 15 Endurance is high enough that I'd rule he doesn't have to roll to withstand the sleeping gas. So...should one of you play for him? Should I? Should he be put on a sort of autopilot where he attempts to assist everyone else's rolls? I will note that the rest of the team can be potentially woken. DC 20 Persuasion on each unless you crit, then it'll work on everyone. There's also lateral options for waking the others.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Since Spotlight is piloting now, is he near that imposter? Or am I mixing things up?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Go Cuite Mark Success go!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

I can pull a zone of truth out of my gearkit if we can restrain not-tensai, but I'm afraid I won't be much help in actually grabbing not-tensai I'm going to do that. Other options include grabbing Advanced Ponykinesis and pinning Tensai to a wall for five minutes, but I'd prefer to only spend one magic point here.

In other news, how serious is a puncture in the fabric of a zeppelin? Do I need to build my clockwork dragon already?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Worst comes to worst, we're going to need to launch that private balloon we were working on early. Like, right now.

Seriously though, I'm surprised that my critical failure with minimal stats has now been cancelled out by the arcana check. So... Melisma IS good to go, so I know?
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 pm

It was a cutie mark crit, s'why.
...I swear I didn't keep typing like half-asleep Grease on purpose. Gearick converted the sleeping gas into sleeping gas antidote with a CMC, so we're all being forcefully awoken by smelling salts. Only it's not forceful, because magic.
But yeah, Zamuel explicitly said all sleeping party members are now awake.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 pm

sunbeam wrote:In other news, how serious is a puncture in the fabric of a zeppelin?
Which one? Razz 
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Whichever one has the sleeping gas synthesizer stabbed through it's fabric, silly. You know, the zeppelin that has a puncture in its fabric?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Unless you're using Unreliable Narrator, you're going to have to check that within the setting itself.

Ramsus wrote:Since Spotlight is piloting now, is he near that imposter? Or am I mixing things up?
Spotlight is closest.  I think Fields stepped far enough away to be in range of the telepathy but he might have noticed difference in personality anyways.

Mind Gamer wrote:Seriously though, I'm surprised that my critical failure with minimal stats has now been cancelled out by the arcana check. So... Melisma IS good to go, so I know?
Yes.  Crits can override each other with the last/most current taking precedent.  A Cutie Mark Critical is explicitly more powerful than a normal crit so some crit fails in some situation may be ignored.  Technically, Grease and Melisma were sorta suffocating due to the critical failures so I figured a reversal of the effect would be the best way to portray the CMC.

As far as launching the personal vessel, do note there's Tensai and the few assistants on the transport so you'd either need to fix the transport or cram everyone in the smaller vessel.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:18 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Since Spotlight is piloting now, is he near that imposter? Or am I mixing things up?
Spotlight is closest.  I think Fields stepped far enough away to be in range of the telepathy but he might have noticed difference in personality anyways.
He's over 300 meters away? The two of them where talking not that long ago.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 pm

You explicitly mentioned not broadcasting to the front. I was trying to think if he stepped away from the front or not. I'll probably not worry about it and just let you be selective since this is an At Will power and you may have bumped into the Professor before on Keep business to satisfy the need to know them well. I might restrict telepathy with NPCs but it would just be problematic between fellow players within range.

@Ramsus: Pretty sure Celestia’s Light is more or less autohit...waaaiiitt...you meant for the Athletics to be for restraining?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:36 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:You explicitly mentioned not broadcasting to the front.  I was trying to think if he stepped away from the front or not.  I'll probably not worry about it and just let you be selective since this is an At Will power and you may have bumped into the Professor before on Keep business to satisfy the need to know them well.  I might restrict telepathy with NPCs but it would just be problematic between fellow players within range.

@Ramsus: Pretty sure Celestia’s Light is more or less autohit...waaaiiitt...you meant for the Athletics to be for restraining?
I wasn't broadcasting to the imposter, not to the front. But thanks anyhow.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:49 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:@Ramsus: Pretty sure Celestia’s Light is more or less autohit...waaaiiitt...you meant for the Athletics to be for restraining?
Yup, Athletics was for restraining and Celestia's Light is indeed more or less an autohit (basically the GM is within rights to screw you over by saying the target closed their eyes or something but, without a really good reason, it's just a troll GM move as it involves spending a daily use to get nothing).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 pm

I'll try to leave a cue before hand to warn against such things rather than screw someone over blind.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Just questioning... Is it fair that Melisma, still trying to find a safe way outside, would head to the hanger of the ship and try to look for a way to find it? About to roll a perception check and want to make sure that's not... Well, stupid or OOC.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:I'll try to leave a cue before hand to warn against such things rather than screw someone over blind.
Right. I never figured you would. I just felt like responding to the "auto-blind" comment since, it technically isn't and people shouldn't run around trying to use it when it wouldn't work and expect it to do so.

Edit: Also does "Tensai" now count as "helpless"?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Mind Gamer wrote:Just questioning... Is it fair that Melisma, still trying to find a safe way outside, would head to the hanger of the ship and try to look for a way to find it? About to roll a perception check and want to make sure that's not... Well, stupid or OOC.
There isn't a true hangar. The entire floor drops open when the red lever at the front is pulled. There is the standard exit door for the transport which won't need a Perception check since you'd remember where that is (near the back, right in front of where the real Tensai was tied up).

Ramsus wrote:Edit: Also does "Tensai" now count as "helpless"?
For now, yes.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

I have a question.

Can Gearick use his telepathy, to locate where say... Spotlight is, and then use the knowledge of that location, to modify the teleportation utility and teleport to him? Through, not on top of him.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Considering Magecraft I'd say yes. Problem is, I'm trying to figure out why. Won't take all that long to cross the cabin space and "Tensai" is already secured.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Can Gearick see into the room with the controls?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next