Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 30 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  sunbeam Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Spark: Bzzt. 1 damage to minion
Fire Giant: [+3] Blazing Blade. 4+3 damage to all enemies.
Spectral Swordsman [+1] Vicious Strike. 8 damage to dragon
Celestial Avenger. [+1] Avenger's Challenge. 3 damage to dragon
Spectral Warden: [0] Warden's Boon. Gearick gains 8 HP
Magicial Overdrive Crit: 7 damage to dragon and adjacent enemies.

Did you just skip your own standard action?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 30 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  sunbeam Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 am

ZamuelNow wrote:All creatures in battle lose 3HP.

Professor Fields, Grease, Hector, Gearick, and Fire Golem take 13 damage
Professor Fields, Grease, and Fire Golem take an additional 3 damage

So was that 16 damage or 19 damage max?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:42 am

sunbeam wrote:

Moreover, how can Hector take damage if Hector hasn't started his turn yet? I vanished due to Blast From The Past.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:09 pm

question did the dragon save before or after taking on going damage?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:26 pm

sunbeam wrote:

Technically, "loss of life" is not considered damage. It activated before the resistance removal but also is not subject to vulnerability. So it's "19 damage" but if you have something that specifically reacts off of taking damage it would only be 16 in two separate chunks.

Crystalite wrote:Moreover, how can Hector take damage if Hector hasn't started his turn yet? I vanished due to Blast From The Past.

This is simple and complicated at the same time. The dragon permanently has 0 initiative so everyone goes ahead of it. Hector should be fully vulnerable since he'd return before the start of the dragon's turn. I had originally ignored his turn since you stated you needed time away but when you came back you didn't make a post. Thus, you may opt to do damage/take your turn but it will be considered before the dragon's attack.

tygerburningbright wrote:question did the dragon save before or after taking on going damage?

Ongoing damage is always at the start of your turn and saves are always at the end, barring any traits or other quirks. The dragon has had to take one hit of ongoing damage every time it's been applied or increased.

That does give me an interesting idea of something to try in the future...
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:33 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
sunbeam wrote:

Technically, "loss of life" is not considered damage.  It activated before the resistance removal but also is not subject to vulnerability.  So it's "19 damage" but if you have something that specifically reacts off of taking damage it would only be 16 in two separate chunks.

Crystalite wrote:Moreover, how can Hector take damage if Hector hasn't started his turn yet? I vanished due to Blast From The Past.

This is simple and complicated at the same time.  The dragon permanently has 0 initiative so everyone goes ahead of it.  Hector should be fully vulnerable since he'd return before the start of the dragon's turn.  I had originally ignored his turn since you stated you needed time away but when you came back you didn't make a post.  Thus, you may opt to do damage/take your turn but it will be considered before the dragon's attack.

tygerburningbright wrote:question did the dragon save before or after taking on going damage?

Ongoing damage is always at the start of your turn and saves are always at the end, barring any traits or other quirks.  The dragon has had to take one hit of ongoing damage every time it's been applied or increased.

That does give me an interesting idea of something to try in the future...

Gotcha. Gimme a minute and I'll post.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:19 am

sunbeam wrote:d8 crit activated, I get to use a random move of the enemies.

Deal 1d8 damage to target creature
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 am

I got a 1...Oh well. Let's just assume that some spare sparks from my revivification lightning bolt skittered over to the dragon.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 pm

Well, nobody's dead...that's a plus.

I got Mary Poppin's handbag (which I probably shouldn't actually have, yet) and recycle Crazy Contraption. I could pull out Evan's Spiked Tentacles again, which would protect us just fine, but that would basically leave Callabuston unprotected.
What did everyone else get?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Yaaay Destiny!

I'll gonna need a little while to browse and decide.

EDIT: I think I may swap out Terrify, too.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Current Harmony totals + equipment
Code:
3000 xp Level 3
 350 xp Arc Completion
  85 xp Roleplaying and OOC interaction bonus
____
3435 xp total

350 xp Arc Completion
 350 xp Arc Completion
  85 xp Roleplaying and OOC interaction bonus
____
4220 xp total - Level 4

One dark crystal
Several corroded dark crystals
One non-rechargeable Whirlygig
One ancient and ornate silver rod

Things got interesting.  The original break in the arc was supposed to be when you got back from the island the second time but everything smoothly flowed to the teleporter sequence that I felt it was better to keep it together.  

Had to be a little creative in getting players to meet up.  That said, I sorta have to call out Crystalite on some of the OOC knowledge aspects.  With all the stuff in the tunnel, it was always expected he'd just go outside and see the fight in the air.  However, I think the delay was worth it for one simple reason...

Daring Do You've given me material. Big Smiles, Sweetie 

Was also surprised Turquoise Tree never contacted Stout Spirit when he started exploring the tunnel since they have that mental bond.

Since we've finally had some battles with weight, I can better plan/stat battles in the future.

Destiny choices are final.  That said, let me know if there's any specific build changes you're making.

I know I'm forgetting something but I figure I might as well get this post up.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:47 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Had to be a little creative in getting players to meet up.  That said, I sorta have to call out Crystalite on some of the OOC knowledge aspects.  With all the stuff in the tunnel, it was always expected he'd just go outside and see the fight in the air.  However, I think the delay was worth it for one simple reason..

Daring Do You've given me material. Big Smiles, Sweetie 

Destiny choices are final.  That said, let me know if there's any specific build changes you're making.

Glad I could help! Big Smiles, Sweetie I'll admit, I was being quite finicky about not using OOC knowledge; I'm still trying to figure out how strict I need to be with myself in that regard.

Destiny wise it is thus far coming down to either...

-) Adventerur, being a pretty simple deal, is an obvious pick.

OR...

-) Self Discovery. I can swap out Terrify and get three extra talents; between them I could, perhaps, take Dusty under my wing more directly. (Truth be told, I'm pretty happy with Hector himself as he is for the most part; I'm not sure what else I would take right now.) Dusty would end up with 5 racial points; that would end up as (most likely) It's Almost Like Flying + Weather Crafting + Freaky Knowledge + Cutie Mark. At Level 7, I could take any number of things; could take Self Discovery again for more Companion points, or perhaps Dynamic Duo. Or, by then, any number of things could be justifiable...

I may retool my combat build as well. Hard to say right now.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 am

I'm mixed on that development. Won't stop you if you pursue it, just that I contemplated other plans for Dusty.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:46 am

Oh. Hmm...

Well. Let me see what else is around to be taken. This is the first time I've gotten a destiny...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Archmage
and with it
Advanced Ponykinesis
Art of the Dress
Forcefield
Fabricate
don't think there is any over lap with others but correct me if I am wrong
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Swapping out Terrify, giving me two racial points. Taking Cultural Knowledge (Bluff/Intimidate) and We're Just Good At This Stuff (Endurance).

Destiny wise, taking Self Discovery after all - I'm taking Thundercrash and Flying Ace as my two new utility talents.

It may be a little while before I can update my character sheet to reflect this.

EDIT: Question.

I'm not too clear on how big this dragon thingy is - I have an idea to help slow down/direct it's fall, and it seems to me Hector would know at a glance if it could be done.

It involves Weather Crafting an updraft beneath the dragon, and the grabbing each of it's wings in turn and stretching them out to steer it. This will hopefully slow it's decsent, and should allow us to land it someplace out of the way.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Meanwhile, the STOMP team felt the ground beneath them rise as something started to come out of the ground.  As the tremor continued, they saw something breach the soil, a colossal head in the shape of a dragon that was made of ancient clockwork mechanisms.  As the ground lurched, it looked around until it focused on the STOMP team!

I like your idea, but I think your sense of scale is a little bit off. I'm guessing this thing can crush a few city blocks of Callabuston.
Though that's assuming that it is actually a full dragon automaton like I've been visualizing and not just a floating head, which also makes an adequate amount of sense...
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 pm

I hadn't seen that part. I had assumed it was Collosal sized (Going by my One Size Fits All document). I forget how much penalty that is for Hector - although that's assuming the GM wants to use my half-assed supplement in his campaign. I had guessed it was about the same size as the red dragon from Dragonshy (S1 - E7); that is, substantially larger than Hector, but smaller than a typical city block.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 am

In regards to Tree not mentally contacting Stout when he found the tunnel, if memory serves, Tree didn't wanted to find out more information first. Having someone pester you repeatedly in your head? Annoying.

BTW, the rest of the party did hear the Cry Tree shouted right? it was meant for you guys.

As for destiny choice, I need to mull it over for a bit. Does Tree get a destiny as well i if may ask?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:24 am

Crystalite wrote:Swapping out Terrify, giving me two racial points. Taking Cultural Knowledge (Bluff/Intimidate) and We're Just Good At This Stuff (Endurance).
I would usually not be big on a FK in Intimidation but I might allow it since it's a Terrify replacement.

I'm not too clear on how big this dragon thingy is - I have an idea to help slow down/direct it's fall, and it seems to me Hector would know at a glance if it could be done.

It involves Weather Crafting an updraft beneath the dragon, and the grabbing each of it's wings in turn and stretching them out to steer it. This will hopefully slow it's decsent, and should allow us to land it someplace out of the way.

It's about four times as long as the red dragon from Dragonshy.  Steering is not an impossibility but it will take some work.

kingofsouls wrote:In regards to Tree not mentally contacting Stout when he found the tunnel, if memory serves, Tree didn't wanted to find out more information first. Having someone pester you repeatedly in your head? Annoying.

Well, I figured there would also be some "I'm not dead" mixed in.  Might have saved Grease an invention.

As for destiny choice, I need to mull it over for a bit. Does Tree get a destiny as well i if may ask?

Companions do not directly gain Destinies.  However, they are allowed targets for Dynamic Duo.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Swapping out Terrify, giving me two racial points. Taking Cultural Knowledge (Bluff/Intimidate) and We're Just Good At This Stuff (Endurance).
I would usually not be big on a FK in Intimidation but I might allow it since it's a Terrify replacement.

It's about four times as long as the red dragon from Dragonshy.  Steering is not an impossibility but it will take some work.

Duly noted. I think I'll be making an IC response soon...

In other news, I have Hector's new (and incomplete) combat build!

Spoiler:

Okay, let me just get it out of the way: yes, the combo involved here on Round 1 is kinda weird, and probably not readily apparent. So let me explain...

On Round 1 Hector will use Taunting Strike, and Mark Of Shielding...

...on himself. This means that if Taunting Strike or Frenzy should hit his allies or himself, it won't hurt them quite so badly due to Friendly Fire, and they'll get temporary hit points! Yay! With Healer's Blessing, it also means he gets some too, assuming he's not dazed. I think. He will likely finish the round off with Frenzy to get some early damage/support in.

Round 2 will see a massive 7 Energy Thunderstorm! Followed by two Marks of Shielding, in all likelihood. Chances of Wild Lightning are high.

Round 3 will consist of Taunting Strike for Temporary HP, or Critfisher for hopeful Specials. And then Frenzy and Redirect Focus.

Round 4 is another Thunderstorm or Payday at 3 Energy... which, being Dazed, I'll get to roll twice on. Also a good time for saving throws against Blood Is Power/other stuff.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Much like his Destiny, it may be a little while before I can update his character sheet.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Pretty sure I'm not going to allow the Mark Of Shielding combo since it feels like loophole abuse in the wording.

In other news, across all of my campaigns I'm making access to all 8 of your combat talents default, thus rendering Spellbook obsolete.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:45 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Pretty sure I'm not going to allow the Mark Of Shielding combo since it feels like loophole abuse in the wording.

In other news, across all of my campaigns I'm making access to all 8 of your combat talents default, thus rendering Spellbook obsolete.

First one I can live with, although it makes me sad Sad

Second one... Wwwhhy?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:08 pm

It's easier for both sides to plan around and simply makes more sense. It would work for a videogame RPG but in a tabletop system where gear is more abstract I can't really justify it now.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:19 pm

*shrug* Whatever. With those two things in mind, here's the new, probably final version if nobody has suggestions.

Finalised Build:

One or two last dragon questions before I respond IC. How fast is this thing falling if left unattended? And is there any point in using Thundercrash?

I'm trying to judge whether Hector has time to explain what he's doing and enlist help directly, or if the rest of the STOMP team will just have to guess and help out in their own way.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next