Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 31 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Crystalite wrote:One or two last dragon questions before I respond IC. How fast is this thing falling if left unattended? And is there any point in using Thundercrash?

I'm trying to judge whether Hector has time to explain what he's doing and enlist help directly, or if the rest of the STOMP team will just have to guess and help out in their own way.

It's sort of on action movie time right now. If you do nothing then it's obvious going to be a calamity but with its height there's a bit of breathing room to shout last minute plans.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 31 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  kingofsouls Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:00 am

Man, its not an easy choice, but I think Shape Shifter with a Spiritual flavor will fit the most, and for the two abilites I shall take Form of the Owl and Form of the Rat. Is this allowed?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:10 am

ZamuelNow wrote:While it's been defeated and the world saved, who's going to save our heroes and the city of Caballuston from a sky high catastrophe?  Sit tight as we join our heroes in action!

Hector is! That's who! With the help of the rest of his new friends as the lift the UNIVERSE!

... Okay I'll stop now.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 am

Can Gearick's Fire Giant use its Fire Lance to cut the dragon apart before he vanishes?

You know, as smaller pieces will be easier to handle.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 am

Disregard this post. Because I'm an utter and complete IDIOT, that's why!

Last edited by Crystalite on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 pm

...???
I'm guessing this goes somewhere else, mate.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:11 pm

But...everyone's already on the dragon, barring Stout Spirit who's inside it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 pm

... When did we end up on the dragon's back? I thought we where always fighting it from on the ground...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 pm

The entire setup was that you were on it. I thought that was pretty obvious, especially since the dragon was described as flying higher as opposed to strafing in and out like the changeling and Hector's battle.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:25 pm

No.... I always thought it had emerged from the ground and we where facing it... in fact I thought it was originally on the ground and after being bloodied, it rose up into the sky.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 pm

It emerged from the ground but from underneath where the players were. This was how Stout Spirit fell into it mid battle and also why there was a glowing light coming from the tunnel under the destroyed warehouse since it was part of the dragon's power system.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:44 pm

I... see... I did not know that.

How was it roaring at use though if we where on its back?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:No.... I always thought it had emerged from the ground and we where facing it... in fact I thought it was originally on the ground and after being bloodied, it rose up into the sky.

This was my impression. Especially considering the breath attack, and that Hector had to fly upwards and forwards to meet it.

Should I go edit my post?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:05 pm

I...I guess this explains why everyone was so nonchalant.

My word, I thought it was obvious but clearly I didn't explain things well enough. It was on the ground for the first turn but the sheer size was supposed to represent that whole section of ground where you were coming up with it when it was flying. Roaring and lazors were due to the robotic aspects allowing the head to swivel. Spectral Degradation waves were expanding spheres of infinite final range so aim didn't matter. Speaking of which, Arcana rolls no longer have their penalties.

While I'm keeping it and the STOMP team in the air, I'm going to stretch the "action movie time" a fair bit for you guys. I'm also resetting dailies and granting one magic point to any player with zero MP.

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Can Gearick's Fire Giant use its Fire Lance to cut the dragon apart before he vanishes?

You know, as smaller pieces will be easier to handle.

I will allow this as an Arcana roll with the caveat of "Are you sure you want to do this?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 pm

As we are actually on it. Heck no.

Instead, can I burn every single teleport with an Arcana check to teleport it into the nearby sea? The city is a bay after all.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Can we try slowing it down first? It could still cause one heck of a wave if you end up too close to the shore.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:40 pm

I think the fact that I'm teleporting it into the water itself will slow it down rather dramatically.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Ooooh. That could probably work. But then I...I mean STOMP...wouldn't be able to study it. Maybe we can try letting the ground catch it first?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:48 pm

sunbeam wrote:Ooooh. That could probably work. But then I...I mean STOMP...wouldn't be able to study it. Maybe we can try letting the ground catch it first?

And have it to smash to pieces?

Honestly, dumping it into the water is probably the best idea. I mean, we've already done an underwater investigation.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:54 pm

No, try Hector's idea of slowing it down. It involves teamwork, it has a good shot at succeeding (especially with our newfound magic points), and it's more badass and generally deserving of a plan concocted in "Action Movie" time.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:57 pm

While all three proposals are valid for different reasons (steering, destruction, teleportation), size is still an issue. I will say that destruction is probably the hardest by far.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:06 pm

I wasn't actually trying to destroy it... just, split it in two so its easier to manage.

As it is, the teleportation will require teamwork. Even if I burn all my teleport uses, I doubt I'll be able to get my arcane up high enough alone.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Yes, but all your plan needs is Magic Points. Hector's idea involves actual, y'know, work. If nothing else, we can use Hector's method to bring it closer to sea level and then teleport.

Breaking it up is probably a bad idea. Given the scale we're working with, that in and of itself is gonna be tough; and moreover, keeping it aloft will be pretty much impossible (Try flying half a plane sometime and you'll see what I mean.) I also disagree that we can't bring it down mostly in one piece.  Especially since we're aiming for a puddle.

Sooo... obviously I should edit my post. Can I keep the roll(s) I got for a Weathercrafting check instead?

EDIT: Somebody needs to get Stout and Tree extracted as well.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Really, I should edit my post first, then you can respond properly.
Also, FYI, we already agreed that since we're actually on the dragon, blowing it up is a generally suicidal idea.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Turquoise Tree would survive...considering he's already dead.  Cheerilee Derp 
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next