Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 36 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:50 pm

So... the spikes are slowly getting more even over time?

Is that a good or bad thing?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 36 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:So... the spikes are slowly getting more even over time?

Only for the top sheet.  The rest are less even.

Is that a good or bad thing?

Daring Do
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:08 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
kingofsouls wrote:So basicly we're in our team base in Pony Japan and in order to legally leave the base and go into Pony Japan I need a passport.

Pretty much.  Though the bigger issue is less of just leaving the base and more of getting to Silver Swirl's kingdom.

But in any case, Stout still has that staff thingy he found in the dragon right? I really want to know what that thing is, so Stout will probably just chat about the base and/or take another look at the staff.

He can take another look at the staff right?

Of course.  No one has tried to confiscate it and Stout hasn't given it up.  There's various named NPCs or other players he could ask about it.

Sounds good to me. Who's free?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:09 pm

And the one on top IS the most recent, right?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:15 pm

I guess it depends on how Gearick would view things. There are multiple pages worth of scans on the Princess for the hours the team has been away. At least twenty pages. The pages have different readings but there is an identifiable pattern in how they act.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:18 pm

The scans have a timestamp right? Is the top page have the closet timestamp to the current time?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 pm

They were handed to Gearick with the most current first with the rest in order. If he moved the most current page to the bottom, the second page would be wildly fluctuating and then slowly start to have less drastic fluctuations.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 pm

So... instead of the flucations getting less as time goes forwards, it is instead getting stronger?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Multitasking a bit right now but wanted to post something. Professor Fields would not have heard of Tilde (and surprisingly neither has Gearick, though he wasn't there for that conversation) but he might have heard of its official magical designation. I'm allowing some worldbuilding on the player side since the short answer for linguistic theory is that you can beat magical text by understanding the rules it is governed by, even if you lack magic.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Crystalite wrote:((Can Hector see Torquoise Tree?))

Yes.

tygerburningbright wrote:OOC too much or too little world building?

I'd say that's just about right.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:51 am

sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:00 am

Pretty balanced.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 am

Crystalite wrote:[i]"Dusty and I were re-starting in a pair of generators underneath the Keep. To get to the second one, we crawled through a ventilation shaft, and she dropped to the floor; and then she started sinking into it, kinda like a tar pit"

Err, she was kinda melting.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:02 am

Sorry. Will edit.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Sorry about taking so long... I really should of gotten my reply in sooner.

Through I have a question. I've previously mentioned my desire to get Gearick to start taking part of the fighting himself, like through a conjured weapon, but the problem with that, is that it clashes with his entire summoner thing, as when he has it, he won't be able to summon. So... I was thinking... could I be allowed to make a custom conjured weapon? I even fluff of how he gets it...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 pm

A conjured weapon that makes conjurations? Obviously it's up to the GM...

But HELL YES.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Actually, the weapon wouldn't create the conjurations directly, that's not my plan...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Not really wanting to try to figure out how to plan for a custom weapon. The previous battle was already a bit on the underwhelming side. That said, perhaps you should field suggestions from others here on how to adjust your build.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:20 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Fields grins slightly before calling out to the retreating griffon. "Let me guess limited secondary education?"

Sweet academic burn.

Also, try to picture a minotaur grinning. Isn't that just a little bit terrifying? I guess we see Iron Will grin a lot and its not that bad.

So, Fury, what exactly do you want to accomplish with your conjured weapon/altered build? If you just want to be able to attack directly, any old conjured weapon would work. If you want to direct your conjurations instead of producing more, warlord talents help, as does the weapon of royal command:

Weapon of Royal Command - 4500 Gold
Weapon
Once per round, you may use this combat talent.
[-4] Follow My Lead! - Reaction Utility
Trigger - You damage a creature with a single-target attack
Effect - Target ally can take a standard action.

That...is not as powerful as I remember it being. Still not a bad choice, though.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:26 pm

I can't really just up and change Gearick's build, without having a fluff reason for it. I can't just give him commander or battle abilities, when previously all he did was summon, summon, summon... the conjured weapons can work, because the fluff is that instead of straight up summoning, he's instead summoning their power, with himself as a vessel.

sunbeam wrote:So, Fury, what exactly do you want to accomplish with your conjured weapon/altered build? If you just want to be able to attack directly, any old conjured weapon would work. If you want to direct your conjurations instead of producing more, warlord talents help

I want to be able to attack directly, but at the same time, I don't want to have to dismiss the weapon in order to summon replacement conjurations...

sunbeam wrote:Weapon of Royal Command - 4500 Gold
Weapon
Once per round, you may use this combat talent.
[-4] Follow My Lead! - Reaction Utility
Trigger - You damage a creature with a single-target attack
Effect - Target ally can take a standard action.

I want to use that, but I don't have the gold to get it, and not give up the rabbit hat.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:16 pm

It's an issue of give and take, benefits and sacrifices. I don't think there's anything in traits that would be able to mimic what you're requesting since Conjurer's Pet isn't quite the same thing (and requires a deep investment).

I will say that fluff can do a lot of things. Regular attacks can be reflavored as quick summons quite easily and warlord talents make tons of sense since you'd think he'd have ways of supporting the things he summons.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Quick summon's isn't his thing through, and it wouldn't makes sense for him to start copying Field's fighting style... and for supporting his summons? Maybe, but he's always trusted that they'll be able to do the job without his input...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Also, The "form of ____" abilities from the Druid section might work well. They keep the flavor of the conjured weapons, but they're much cheaper, so dismissing them isn't as big of a deal:
[+3] Form of the Tree - Standard Utility
You conjure a Form of the Tree onto yourself. You may assume your normal form again as a minor action. While in the Form of the Tree you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.
Strength of Wood - Trait
You have resist 2
[+3] Grow Bark - Standard Utility
You gain 1d4 temporary hit points

[0] Form of the Elk - Minor Utility
You conjure a Form of the Elk onto yourself. You may assume your normal form as a minor action. While in the Form of the Elk you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.
[+1] Call of the Herd - Standard Utility
You and up to 8 allies gain 1d10 temporary hit points
[-1] Inspire Recovery - Minor Utility
Target ally makes a saving throw

[0] Form of the Spitting Cobra - Minor Utility
You conjure a Form of the Spitting Cobra onto yourself. You may assume your normal form as a minor action. While in the Form of the Spitting Cobra you your size becomes small and you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.
[+2] Spit Acid - Standard Attack
Target creature loses all resistance and suffers vulnerability 1 and ongoing damage 1 (save ends all)
[+1] Spit Poison - Standard Attack
Roll 1d6. Target creature takes that much ongoing damage (save ends)

[-3] Form of the Panther - Minor Utility
You conjure a Form of the Panther onto yourself. You may assume your normal form as a minor action. While in the Form of the Panther you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below. [*]
[+4] Stalk - Standard Utility
Choose target creature. That creature suffers vulnerability 2 to your next attack.
[+1] Razor Claws - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature. If you roll an 8 or higher, that creature takes 3 ongoing damage and loses resistance (save ends). This attack ignores resistance.
[-2] Pounce - Standard Attack
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature. If this attack triggers vulnerability, deal 2d12 damage instead and that creature is dazed until the end of its next turn.
[-5] Maul - Standard Attack
Deal 3d8 damage to target creature, that creature suffers 5 ongoing damage and is weakened (save ends both)

The early ones aren't of much use to you, but Form of the Panther might fit well, if you tinkered with your build slightly. If it means anything, Grease probably isn't going to be using it again for quite a while, hopefully.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:46 pm

As for Warlord: Who said anything about input? You're giving support, not advice. You don't even really have to flavor it; just let it work in the background.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:16 pm

So, I'm gearing up to update the first posts of a few of my campaigns and got to re-reading this one. It's interesting that despite being one that was explicitly mentioned to being a bit of a test bed, little actual experimentation took place. It's even still using utility talents. So, I may possibly shake things up and perhaps allow loosening some things.

Been thinking about combat and similar to how I allow all eight combat talents, I'm wondering if my campaigns should allow a global +1 pip regen per turn. May open up some options that were a bit too restrictive before and may make things move faster.

Personally, I really like the proposed new skill set. I think the split of proactive and defensive makes sense with the actual skills working better than the current split. Biggest issue is figuring out exact values.

As with all things, a lot of this is proposal and discussion as opposed to some sort of decree.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next