Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 9 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Field just simply grabs with a single hand grease's shoulder in order to stop him from moving.

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 9 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 am

After a few more tugs, the crystal stopped.  Gearick could feel a bit of...reverse effort.  Sort of like those knots where the more you struggle, the tighter they get, this mysterious crystal seemed to be more inert when somepony keeps magic and energy away from it.  Meanwhile, Princess Silver Swirl and Basic Glory lifted the covers off the plates.  One had a small, strange horn while the other had a bowl with a glowing liquid poured into it. "Tell me what you have revealed, so that I may revel in the sound of my victory!"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:09 am

"Spotlight, be a dear and do what I told you." Grease says, adding "We are really running out of time here" in the hopes of convincing the robot to obey, for once.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:03 pm

With a response that could best be compared to rolling his eye, Spotlight flashes a blinding light into the room.  The unicorn mare made a shriek in surprise and utterly went to pieces.  Quite literally I might add folks.  Like a macabre ragdoll, she fell to the ground in a pile of parts then disappeared in a shimmer of black sparkles.  Transforming into the requested contraption, the gondola slid down, crushing the table and the plates on it.  With a ferocious roar the griffin threw off his tinted glasses revealing eyes whited over from blindness and flew forward in a fit of rage.  However, this was a response far too late with Kegs cleanly swooping up Silver Swirl and Basic Glory as the three were protected from harm within the gondolier.  Pulling back to the overhang, Kegs took off running towards the exit with princess and dragon slung over his shoulder.  Slowly the lighting in the temple changed to a deep red as the ground started to shake.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Gearick shot the lion a reluctant glance before spinning around , telepathically communicating with the group. 'Retreat and regroup!', hoping that the order was followed, Gearick ran after Kegs, hoping that the Princess had the magical ability to move her magic from her horn.

(On phone)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Grease views the evolving chaos with a widening grin, humming the first few bars of the chorus of "Defying Gravity," but that grin vanished as the lighting changed, and he hurried after Gearick and Kegs. 'Well, that went about as well as could be expected.' He thought to himself, the grin returning to spite the danger of the situation. A spark passed between his eyebrows, and he called out "Muse, take the Princess and go!"

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:40 pm

While running down the tunnel, the team could notice that there was no more black void blocking their path. Upon reaching the outside, they found out that the whole island was shaking and that the glowing was coming from the temple itself. Off in the distance, it seemed like the horizon was getting higher...
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:58 pm

"What the hell..." Gearick muttered, feeling the tremble island and seeing the rising horizion. "Is this island taking flight or something?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:01 pm

"So, do we run for our ship, or do we head towards the temple?" Grease asked. "My vote is to head towards the Temple. There might be some way to seal the entrance, and buy us some rest inside."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:05 am

" To the temple we should stop what just started. It looks rather troublesome. However Kegs and someone else should evacuate the princess."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 am

"Splitting up isn't an idea I like that much... but, I agree in that the Princess should be evacuated, if she's okay with that. She is her own pony after all so she can make her own decisions."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Muse swoops back in with a nervous look on her face. "Um guys, how fast can you unhook the blimp? It looks like the whole island is sinking into the ocean."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:59 pm

"Sinking into the ocean?" Gearick asked, surprised at this, then shaking his head. "Of course, horizon is going up, so we'll be going down! I suggest we forget about the temple and retrieving any further artifacts. We need to get out of here now!"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 pm

"I can still get us back to the ship in a tail twitch, if we're in agreement on that point. But first does anyone have any idea WHY the island is sinking? Princess, did those two platters we sent flying have anything to do with this?" Grease says, looking around to see if anyone is pursuing them.

perception check:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:13 pm

OOC:

Silver Swirl cleared her throat as she glanced back at the temple. "I'm pretty sure the horn that got crushed was the Cat's Yawn but I have no clue about that liquid.  I think that unicorn did something to the statue when she disappeared.  From what I could read, it acts like a guardian to the one who completes the runes but it can also trigger island defenses.  I think periodically sinking is why the island has been so hard to find."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:02 pm

"That makes sense." Gearick said, when the Princess mentioned that the island sinking is what made the island hard to find putting a hoof under his chin once more. "Hopefully the fact that the horn was crushed will render if useless. Still, having some sea-pony searching the temple while its underwater sounds like it would be a good idea." Gearick then shook his head, stating. "Enough talk, Grease, please get us to the blimp."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:18 pm

"With pleasure," Grease said, his eyes lighting up with sparks and excitement. He scribbled some calculations in the dirt for a few moments, then pulled things out of his gearkit and dashed around, laying foundations for what looked like a set of steampunk bathtub legs and kicking up a massive cloud of dust. After a minute or so, he popped out of dust cloud wearing a bellhop's uniform made out of broken pipes and gears. "Welcome to the Cricket Express! Would everyone please step inside the vehicle?"
As the dust settled, the group could see a massive platform on legs. one the platform were some very comfy-looking seats and a small minibar, as well as a pool table, an air-hockey setup, and a jacuzzi. The legs were about 20 feet high, and were clearly based on jumping insect legs. "If my calculations are right, the Cricket Express will leap once and land directly next to the zeppelin. So if everyone can climb aboard, we'll be there before you can say 'falling!' So everybody climb in, and I'll activate some safety protocols and launch us home!" Grease says, trying to imitate the loud, booming sort of voice you hear from traveling salesmen.

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Gearick starred at the... thing for a few moments before carefully climbing into/onto it, saying. "You know Grease, you could of made something that looks a little... safer."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm

"We at Cricket Express take our passenger's safety VERY seriously." Grease says, offering Gearick a spare pillow.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:41 am

With a great leap, the contraption jumped over to the blimp.  With it disconnected and everyone boarded, it lifted off into the wild blue yonder.  Out the window, everyone could see the island slowly descend into the water's depths.  Silver Swirl set about drawing coordinates while Basic Glory slowly worked on corroding and removing the dark crystals from the princess' horn.  After a bit of silence, Muse spoke up. "I've managed to contact Tensai and they'll try to reach us halfway with the transport.  I'm just glad we all got out."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:44 am

"So...we lost the Cat's Meow?" Grease asks, looking slightly downtrodden "I mean, so did everyone else, probably, what with the island sinking, but if that unicorn can turn to smoke then who knows where she can travel. Does anyone have any ideas for how we might get back into the Island? Any water breathing apparati? Also, princess, would you care to fill us in on what's happened since you were separated from Muse?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:44 am

With Basic Glory removing the last crystal, Silver Swirl waved her horn and all of the mud covering Muse peeled off and clumped on the floor. "They directed us to shown them where our boat was docked and then sank it. Afterwards, they forced me to disable the various temple traps with the threat of hurting Base.  It took more work without my magic but they seemed oddly patient.  They never directly used their names and I've never seen them before.  While the griffin kept going on about bringing back the 'days of ferocity', the unicorn was more silent yet more malevolent.  She attempted to toss Base into a pit trap that, luckily, was something easy for me to deactivate.  She also detached her horn to trigger some traps."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 am

"Considering how she reacted to Spotlight's light, I'm not entire entirely sure she is a unicorn." Gearick said, thinking through the events that occoured on the island. "Unicorn's doesn't fall apart when expossed to a blinding light, admittedly she could just have a pact or a curse that triggered such a reaction but I still don't treat those ponies as a pony in the typical sense."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:10 am

"Also, she apparently detaches her horn." Grease says with a shudder. "That's either very unpleasant for her or very unpleasant for those around her. So she's probably not all pony."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:41 am

"Well, the changeling mentioned an organization... so I doubt this is going to be the last time we met her." Gearick said, narrowing his eyes at the thought. "I'm assuming the keep will probably send an aquatic based team to examine the temple... pity I can't go with them, I would love to examine the lion in more detail." A thought occurred to Gearick and he turned to the Princess and her dragon, asking. "Can I have the stones? You never know when a magic nulifaction stone could come in useful."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next