Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 33 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 33 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  kingofsouls Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:23 am

"We should have a plan. I can scout ahead we need to once we get close. And if we do get split up, I can teleport, along side our other teleporter. We should be in different groups if we must split up." Stout replies, speaking between bites of his salad.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 33 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 pm

"Can't your spirit scout ahead instead of you?" Gearick said, a little impatient to get going. "Apart from that though, lets get going anyway, there's no time to wait and nothing really to plan."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Thu May 01, 2014 3:13 am

"Well, I guess I can go ahead."

"I can as well."

"The steeds?"

"Better."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu May 01, 2014 9:54 am

"I think I should lead the way," Hector added. "No offense to anyone, but short of our spiritydeer buddy I'm probably most likely survive whatever gets thrown at us. Also, if your blind thing is temporary we should maybe move a little further from the door?" he said, shifting the long cylinder slightly as he took a few steps back from the door.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu May 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Grease sighs. "Normally I appreciate eagerness, but the only things we'll find down these hallways are deathtraps. While I'm all for springing the traps before all of us are clogging the hall, I'm sure there's a safer way of doing that than sending one or two lone scouts. Besides, if one of you gets on the wrong end of a trap, anyone who rushes over to save you is liable to set off every other trap in the area, getting you both killed and rendering your scouting moot. You're right about stepping away from the door, though. We really should start moving forward." He lobs a spitball of sparks down the hallway and starts walking, bringing his cube-satchel around to his stomach and fiddling inside it absently.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Thu May 01, 2014 2:33 pm

"He does have a point. Tree, take point and please light the room up."

Tree nods in agreement.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu May 01, 2014 6:49 pm

"Spiritydeer doesn't have to worry. He's incor- inc- un-touchy," Hector pointed out, trying to hide his embarrassment as he stumbled over a word he was sure he knew... "And I'm not suggesting anyone deliberately stet of traps and play meat shield; I'll admit I'm not the brightest lightning bolt but I'm not so dumb as that. I'm just saying, if something went off, I have a hide like iron. And spiritydeer is... incorporeal! I knew I knew the word," he said as he followed along side, trying to subtly work his way to the front of the group.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 pm

"And I can also walk through non magical walls as well, so that might help if I do it in advance. As well as a owl related trick. " stout replies. "We should press on though. The faster we move the better."

I have one thing to say to you though." The deer spirit says to Hector.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Fields falls into the center of the group. "Please, all three of you do not press the issue any bickering will only serve to distract and make us vulnerable."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 02, 2014 1:33 am

Walking down the corridor, the STOMP team soon came to a wall.  There were two doors to the left and the right, making a total of four. "The first door on the left has an arrow trap first.  I definitely remember those.  I'd say it might be empty but I know better.  Let's see...the other three had ceiling lava, a gossamer net that ignites if anypony tries to teleport or phase through it, and a spike pit right as you step in the door." Muse pointed to each door as she talked. "There's more past each one but those are the starters.  Getting through will allow me to look ahead instead of trying to remember it all."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri May 02, 2014 9:34 am

Hector considered the options. Arrows didn't sound like fun. Neither did hot ceilings or nets. "Three of us can fly; and I'm sure we could figure something out for the rest. On one hoof, we know what's behind Door Number 1: could we maybe try and determine which room has the pointy pit? Point of fact, maybe we should just peek behind eac door without entering so we know which is which."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 02, 2014 1:26 pm

"I say we go with the one we know for sure." Gearick said, glancing at the door that Muse mentioned had the arrows. "Arrows aren't exactly a problem, I should be able to grab them with my telekinesis or put up a telekinetic wall that simply blocks them outright. Hector, you should be able to knock the arrows off course with your weather manipulation, right?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat May 03, 2014 2:22 am

Stout looks at the corridors. "That sounds solid. But I think i have an idea." He looks around the room for pebbles. "If we can, we should try and trigger the traps before we enter the corridors. That way we can tell which one is which."

"While he's looking around, I should probably mention that the net could possibly affect me. I don't want to encounter that one." Tree says tot he team. He then turns to Hector. "And really, Spiritydear? Thats the best you name you could have thought up?"

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 pm

"Names are hard..." Hector says in response to Turquoise Tree's indignation. "Our unicorn buddy has a point though; I hadn't thought of that. Ordinarily a side-draft like that is kind of tiring; but, in a hallway like this the walls should redirect and focus the air currents, so it should be pretty easy. But, it means I have to be at the front again; otherwise it could push the rest of you further down the hall and trigger the very same traps we're trying to block out with all that wind."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat May 03, 2014 2:15 pm

"But we are going to try and trigger the radius now right? While we are a good ways away from the traps themselves, right?"

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 03, 2014 2:25 pm

"You have the pebbles," Hector said, pointing at the rocks the buffalo had gathered. "If you think we're out of range, by all means. That being said, let me get into a good wind-making spot..."

Weather Crafting:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat May 03, 2014 2:30 pm

"Sounds good to me." Stout positions himself so that Hectors breezes could easily blow the pebbles into the corridors. He grabs a few in his hoof. "Ready?"

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Opening the door, the STOMP team could see a short corridor that then made a sharp left turn.  Upon tossing the pebbles, the arrows were released and Hector's gargantuan gust was able to safely deflect them all. "Okay...around the corner is a water wall.  It's not that thick so holding your breath should be easy and you should be able to walk the bottom.  The problem is that right afterwards is a spring loaded floor and a spiked ceiling.  You have to be really gentle when you step on it to not trigger it.  Those who can fly can avoid it so I'll carry Grease.  Dead center is a single tile that's not spring loaded if one you think you can make it." Muse took a deep breath and stepped forward.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 04, 2014 3:15 pm

"If it's all the same to you, Muse, I'd rather ride on your back. I don't completely trust my grip on your claws if water comes pouring down on us."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun May 04, 2014 10:33 pm

"I... think its best that I wait for everyone else to go first... I'm not the most agile of ponies and I might accidentally set off the trap..." Gearick said, abliet a little nervously. He knew he had his teleportation in case that came necessary, but he couldn't do an infinite amount of teleports, so he would rather not use it unless necessary.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun May 04, 2014 11:27 pm

"Chooka. Have a little faith, colt! I could probably carry three of you," Hector said in response to Gearick's apprehensiveness. He turned sideways slightly, bending a wing downwards to permit some back space. "Now get on, or I'll pick you up in my claws like a rabbit."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Fields rather playfully laughs "I honestly doubt that I for one would be able to fit on your back. I will take the water." Fields then takes several seemingly well practiced deep breaths and walks directly into the water. Then with surprising grace he lands on the spring-loaded floor...

rolls:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue May 06, 2014 1:34 am

Stout turns to Muse "Is there going to be a closed door at the end of this corridor? Because I can also fly,and take up less room as well, so I could simply go ahead assuming the triggers are on the ground. In fact, since counting myself we have four fliers so we can explore each passage and see if they go to different rooms, and other scouting business."

"He's bluffing. He can't fly."

"Yes I can."

"No he can't"

"Yes I can."

"No. You. Can't"

"Yes. I. Can."

Tree sighs. "He's stubborn."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Muse tilts her head in response to the proud buffalo's inquisitive remark. "Okay, no door...but there's a trip wire maze connected to flame throwers then pressure plates around the platform with the golden horseshoe itself.  Forgot this was the shorter tunnel.  Less creative, too."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 pm

"What do the Pressure plates activate? It sounds like the best bet might be for someone who can fly to keep low, where the wires are less dense, until they're past the tripwires, then fly over the plates with the tongs and the bag in hand, pick up horseshoe one, and come back the way they came in. Say, are any of the pedestals directly trapped?" Grease asks, eying the tripwire setup cautiously.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next