Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

+10
Elacular
Xel Unknown
Curunir
casey1859
RandomNumbers9041
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
Retrokinesis
Paper Shadow
AProcrastinatingWriter
14 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear) - Page 21 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

Post  Dream Axis Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:28 pm

He frowned at that, someone like discord.....that was not good, especially if nihl was short for what he thought it was instead of a acronym for hearing loss.....still the possibility that this was in this crazy ponies imagination hadn’t been ruled out either.....though that dint exactly help him get out of this mess ether.

Though if they were true.....well horse-apples. He dint want to fight a war, he was a doctor for crying out load....sure he could heal people.....and shock them into a coma....and....well that wasn’t the point, the point was he really, really dint want to be caught up in a war.....he knew the horror stories of war and the injuries one could receive during it, physical and mental and by all that was good in the world he was not going to be the patient for that!

....Not that it seemed like he had much choice in this matter it seemed, if this was all true that is but the question remained firmly in his mind, why him? There were other better doctors, better warriors, better tacticians....so why him? What possibility could be so great that he out of who knows how many would be chosen by this pony shaped thing?
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear) - Page 21 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Wandering Eye sighs. "Why does everypony hate Harmony so much?" When Lunar calls to them, Wandering Eye turns his head, then looks around for where Composed Luthier might be...

Lutheir's right where you'd expect, running alongside everyone, blurry and silent like he always is. Odd you'd even be worried.

Elacular wrote:Gypsy huffed with frustration and lightly knocked his head against one of the large trees. After a moment, his eyes widened and he turned to face the tree more thoroughly, placing his claws on it's bark and pressing his forehead and beak against it. Esther hissed, but didn't interrupt as he whispered into its many ridges and holes: "<Dear earthen friend, wise jungle king, please. Tell me if you know a way that I might hear and understand these creatures. That I might speak and be understood.>"

Meta:

There's nothing, of course. Perhaps if you had requested to speak the language of something from the jungle - the griffin or zebra or tiger languages, you might have found something. As is, though, it was a long hope, and -

KRRRKAKRRZSH

You understand them now.

It's . . . it's a little painful, but you understand them now.

TheCavalry wrote:Silvers eyes widened at the sight of the downed security team. If they were unconscious- and it had to be unconsciousness, what else could it be?- what chance did she have? She raised her fore hooves, floating into the air.

"Okay," she said, "but before you do that, you should know something. The stories about... what ponies say about the rainbow factory, and how we make rainbows, isn't true. They're just stories management spreads for publicity. So, um... how about you put that flask down, and we can talk things over, mister Nihl?"

She flashed a smile, as cheerful as she could...before squinting in the dark and frowning a little.
"Wait... That's a horn? Are you a unicorn? How are you standing in Cloudsdale?"

"Cloud-walking spell," Nihl responds. "And yes, I'm fully aware those urban legends are just that. I cannot put the flash down, I'm afraid, but I'd certianly be willing to talk things over. His horn gleams, once, even in the darkness. "I have need of you, after all."

Dream Axis wrote:He frowned at that, someone like discord.....that was not good, especially if nihl was short for what he thought it was instead of a acronym for hearing loss.....still the possibility that this was in this crazy ponies imagination hadn’t been ruled out either.....though that dint exactly help him get out of this mess ether.

Though if they were true.....well horse-apples. He dint want to fight a war, he was a doctor for crying out load....sure he could heal people.....and shock them into a coma....and....well that wasn’t the point, the point was he really, really dint want to be caught up in a war.....he knew the horror stories of war and the injuries one could receive during it, physical and mental and by all that was good in the world he was not going to be the patient for that!

....Not that it seemed like he had much choice in this matter it seemed, if this was all true that is but the question remained firmly in his mind, why him? There were other better doctors, better warriors, better tacticians....so why him? What possibility could be so great that he out of who knows how many would be chosen by this pony shaped thing?

The pony-shaped-thing taps on the glass, which doesn't make much sense as there's very little glass to be found in this magic bubble. "Hey, you alright in there? You've been quiet for a while . . ."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Starfall shook his head to clear his thoughts and turned his attention back to the pony "Im still not convinced that your not just playing with me , though since my choices seem to be none - existence or war......I guess il choose war.....just....why me, out of who knows how many others, what makes me so important? "

He had some self worth sure, but he wasent a paragon of light, he was just somepony who got fed up of life and decided to change his fate, so somehow he doughted that there wasent more skilled choices out there.....if this whole thing was true.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Gypsy let out a slight growl of pain before extracating himself from the tree. "My thanks, jungle king. You've helped as you can. At any rate," here he turned to face Lunar, "I believe that I can understand you now, half one. With any luck, the path is traveled both ways. I am the forest Gypsy, and the flame is an Esther, my familiar. Who...and what are your group?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Cloud-walking spell," Nihl responds. "And yes, I'm fully aware those urban legends are just that. I cannot put the flash down, I'm afraid, but I'd certianly be willing to talk things over. His horn gleams, once, even in the darkness. "I have need of you, after all."

Talking. Okay, talking was good. A lot of problems between ponies could be resolved by talking; most ponies were very reasonable creatures, after all. Of course, Nihl had already killed(?)- knocked out- three other ponies, so reasonableness might overly optimistic...

No. There was no such thing as too much optimism. Hay, Silver had already learned something- there was a spell that let unicorns walk on clouds. That was something important to remember.

"Okay, mister Nihl- um, is it okay if I just call you Nihl, mister is a bit of a mouthful every time." She laughed, a sound with more nerves than she would have liked getting through it.

"I'm not really sure what you need with me though, I'm just a factory worker. Are Spitshine, Coffee and Vinegar okay?" She barely dared look away from the unicorn, much less check on them herself. Besides, she had only the most basic medical training, she wasn't sure what she could do if they were... hurt. Seriously.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Elacular wrote:Gypsy let out a slight growl of pain before extracating himself from the tree. "My thanks, jungle king. You've helped as you can. At any rate," here he turned to face Lunar, "I believe that I can understand you now, half one. With any luck, the path is traveled both ways. I am the forest Gypsy, and the flame is an Esther, my familiar. Who...and what are your group?"
"I am Lunar the Hippogriff... I believe I was raised up on stories of things like you... I feel honored to be speaking with you." Lunar states.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:03 pm

"Stories? Of me?" Gypsy was quiet for a moment, looking away. "Is that how they're raising the cubs these days," he whispered, before speaking aloud again. "I'm honored to be in your presence as well, I believe. But you are not of here, half one. You and your pack are...strangers? Yes, that seems like the word. Strangers. I wish to help in this situation, but how can I know that you are the ones who are best to be helped?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Wandering Eye sighs. "Why does everypony hate Harmony so much?" When Lunar calls to them, Wandering Eye turns his head, then looks around for where Composed Luthier might be...
"Good question. I'll think about it when we aren't trapped in the past. In the meantime, wanna say 'hi' to Lunar's new friend?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:00 pm

"Well... Only if I'm right about what you seem to be... You look like some type of Forest Elemental or something... That's what my mind is saying when I look at you..." Lunar clarifies for Gypsy. "Or... What... Cause you don't look like you are a Griffon... Or I don't think you are a griffon."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:12 am

Wandering Eye frowns slightly at the new arrival, not quite certain what to make of it...

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:40 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Copper Rose wrote:High Note quickly looks around for things she can stack to try to reach the Vent, chuckling nervously as she does so...
OOC:

There's nothing nearby except the three's guns, and those would be dangerous to stand on for even more reasons than one might think of at first. So  that just leaves . . . hrrm.

Somepony's trying to hack into your own personal timestream, so to speak, and muck about with the code, to explain at further length. Bothersome. But experienced time travelers have ways of protecting themselves agai-

Hururrajagh. Well. That information wasn't there before, you're pretty sure. But maybe the narration shouldn't be trying to describe your thoughts for you, especially with those guns getting closer and closer.

Spoiler:
High Note gets an idea. She dashes toward the three agents and snatches their guns from them and starts juggling them, a mad grin on her face. "Wanna juggle?"
Roll:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Gypsy laughed a bit, halfway between bitter and amused. "Forest elemental? No, no no no, friend. The forest is simply kind to me. You are right on one count, though. I'm not a Griffon. I'm simply a Gypsy now. Even so, I would like to think I could offer you my help. It's been very long since I was spoken to, and I could be of service as a doctor." He moved over to Wandering eye and examined his horn. "As a start, I could see what I could do about this...tumorous protrusion. It looks painful, young stripeless."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:17 pm

[I believe it's up to you, Elacular, to decide the results of Wandering Eye's check.]

Unamused, Wandering Eye caused his horn to glow - no particular spell, just activating the magic in it, causing it to glow indigo. "I assure you it's not painful. It's even functional, look-" He levitated a nearby branch over to them and set it down between the two.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Dream Axis wrote:Starfall shook his head to clear his thoughts and turned his attention back to the pony "Im still not convinced that your not just playing with me , though since my choices seem to be none - existence or war......I guess il choose war.....just....why me, out of who knows how many others, what makes me so important? "

He had some self worth sure, but he wasent a paragon of light, he was just somepony who got fed up of life and decided to change his fate, so somehow he doughted that there wasent more skilled choices out there.....if this whole thing was true.

The creature shrugs. "Healing is a lot more important than most ponies give it credit for," she(?) says. "In fact, I think you could say that everything's getting hurt right now, so everything needs healing. Does that make sense?"

TheCavalry wrote:
"Okay, mister Nihl- um, is it okay if I just call you Nihl, mister is a bit of a mouthful every time." She laughed, a sound with more nerves than she would have liked getting through it.

"I'm not really sure what you need with me though, I'm just a factory worker. Are Spitshine, Coffee and Vinegar okay?"

"They're fine, unless one of them has a history of having fought acid-dragons. Then there might be complications. As there haven't been any acid-dragons reported in Equestria since before it was called Equestria . . ." he trails off. "At any rate, I need you to open up this cabinet for me. I'd rather not risk losing anything inside by attempting to force it open, and I am afraid delicacy is not my forte. Then I'll need access to the liquid rainbow vats."

Copper Rose wrote:
High Note gets an idea. She dashes toward the three agents and snatches their guns from them and starts juggling them, a mad grin on her face. "Wanna juggle?"
Roll:

The three seem surprised by your sudden rush forwards, surprised enough to not fire their guns but not nearly surprised enough to let them go without a fight. "Hey, you can't just -" starts one before grunting with effort.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Gypsy scrambled back at the movement of the branch. "Witchcraft!" he whispered. After a moment of stock stillness, Esther hissed and he relaxed. "Ah, yes. Witchcraft is then. I'll leave that be. My apologies. You are odd creatures, and I want to know more so that I could help whomever needs assistance, and you were the first possible source of explanation I had."

Meta:

Last edited by Elacular on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  GafferBot Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:23 pm

The member 'Elacular' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd12' : 11
GafferBot
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:32 pm

"Well... Yes... We are odd creatures. And to be honest, we're, not native to this time..." Lunar admits, not seeing any reason to hide it form the Odd Gypsy thing at the moment. "Mmm... Even if you aren't what I think you are... I believe you've totally helped inspire stories of such things to the wolves that I was raised by." Then after a moment. "And I equally hope and feel you can be a powerful ally to our little team."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 pm

"They're fine, unless one of them has a history of having fought acid-dragons. Then there might be complications. As there haven't been any acid-dragons reported in Equestria since before it was called Equestria . . ." he trails off. "At any rate, I need you to open up this cabinet for me. I'd rather not risk losing anything inside by attempting to force it open, and I am afraid delicacy is not my forte. Then I'll need access to the liquid rainbow vats."

"Dragons? In Equestria? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. What would a bunch of scaly snakes want with a place like this?"

She shook her head in slight disbelief, stepping nervously past the unicorn. She glanced at the security team, with a slight feeling of guilt. But how was she supposed to stop him when they couldn't?

"...What do you need these for," she asked, picking delicately at the cabinet. "Those stories aren't true, but the stuff we work with can be kind of dangerous. What do you plan on doing with it?"

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:The creature shrugs. "Healing is a lot more important than most ponies give it credit for," she(?) says. "In fact, I think you could say that everything's getting hurt right now, so everything needs healing. Does that make sense?"

"The world is just one big body and sometimes it needs someone to shock everything back into place again." Starfall nods before frowning .
"May i ask you something before i go? i have a theory i wish to confirm"
 putting his claw to his chin he let his eyes flick back to the bleary figure "who exactly are you and who are these.....companions that im going to be meeting, any information would be a great help"
Something about his thought processes bugged him, maybe it was a silly idea....but who knows, though he'd also need to know discords origins to properly confirm his theory.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:51 pm

TheCavalry wrote:"Dragons? In Equestria? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. What would a bunch of scaly snakes want with a place like this?"

She shook her head in slight disbelief, stepping nervously past the unicorn. She glanced at the security team, with a slight feeling of guilt. But how was she supposed to stop him when they couldn't?

"...What do you need these for," she asked, picking delicately at the cabinet. "Those stories aren't true, but the stuff we work with can be kind of dangerous. What do you plan on doing with it?"

Spoiler:

Silver Lining never really understood much about the chemicals used in Rainbow-making. She's a factory line worker, not a chemist, after all. And alchemy? Well beyond her reckoning. Not that there's any alchemy involved in Rainbow production, but with that flask of liquid Nihl is holding . . .

The cabinet opens easily, its contents undisturbed, but Nihl doesn't immediately make a move for it. Instead, he looks at Silver, something careful, something judging, not from above but alongside. "As a gesture of good will, I would like to extend the knowledge that I will not do any more harm to these ponies, no matter what you choose to do at this point. But I do believe it would be in everyone's best favor if you helped me here." He pauses. "Are you happy, miss? Not at the current situation, I mean - of course there's much to be upset about at this moment in time. But in general. Be honest with me, I beg of you."

Dream Axis wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:The creature shrugs. "Healing is a lot more important than most ponies give it credit for," she(?) says. "In fact, I think you could say that everything's getting hurt right now, so everything needs healing. Does that make sense?"

"The world is just one big body and sometimes it needs someone to shock everything back into place again." Starfall nods before frowning .
"May i ask you something before i go? i have a theory i wish to confirm"
 putting his claw to his chin he let his eyes flick back to the bleary figure "who exactly are you and who are these.....companions that im going to be meeting, any information would be a great help"
Something about his thought processes bugged him, maybe it was a silly idea....but who knows, though he'd also need to know discords origins to properly confirm his theory.

The air is getting blurrier - you can't tell her expression at this point. "I can't tell you anything about the first," she says at last. "Not yet. We have to stay secret as much as possible, you see. Your companions . . . are brave and strong and true, deep delvers of the mysteries of the night and strangers from across time and space, brought together by . . . heh. We like to talk about Order, but in the end it looks as though everything might be fixed through coincidence, rather than design. Not our design, anyway."

She's rambling. Her mind's somewhere else than right here.

Meanwhile, in the far-flung future, High Note successfully manages to wrest control of the guns away from the guards and start juggling them. They guards, being well-trained soldiers of a half-competent criminal organization, immediately turn tail and run, calling for backup.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Silver Lining never really understood much about the chemicals used in Rainbow-making. She's a factory line worker, not a chemist, after all. And alchemy? Well beyond her reckoning. Not that there's any alchemy involved in Rainbow production, but with that flask of liquid Nihl is holding . . .

The cabinet opens easily, its contents undisturbed, but Nihl doesn't immediately make a move for it. Instead, he looks at Silver, something careful, something judging, not from above but alongside. "As a gesture of good will, I would like to extend the knowledge that I will not do any more harm to these ponies, no matter what you choose to do at this point. But I do believe it would be in everyone's best favor if you helped me here." He pauses. "Are you happy, miss? Not at the current situation, I mean - of course there's much to be upset about at this moment in time. But in general. Be honest with me, I beg of you."

"That's... an odd thing to ask."

Silver frowned, tilting her head a little. It was a question that she wasn't used too- but why should she be? Everypony who knew her knew she was always smiling or laughing. And if somepony was doing that, it meant they had to be happy, didn't it?

But... there was something about his tone. Maybe it was that promise not to harm the security team. Maybe it was that look.

"I don't know," she said, honestly. "I should be. I mean, everypony in Equestria is supposed to be happy, aren't they? I have the job I always wanted. I make a good wage, and I get to make other ponies happy by mixing up rainbows. It's what I always wanted. Even if it's not exactly how I thought it would be..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:13 pm

The air is getting blurrier - you can't tell her expression at this point. "I can't tell you anything about the first," she says at last. "Not yet. We have to stay secret as much as possible, you see. Your companions . . . are brave and strong and true, deep delvers of the mysteries of the night and strangers from across time and space, brought together by . . . heh. We like to talk about Order, but in the end it looks as though everything might be fixed through coincidence, rather than design. Not our design, anyway."

She's rambling. Her mind's somewhere else than right here.
"so.....if your not going to tell me anything else, could you at least tell me where il likely end up when you let me out of here......and if that would be any time soon?"
maybe there was a good reason for them to keep themselves hidden, but being secretive to your allies was just another way to breed resentment and disloyalty. he gave a sigh at that.... maybe it was just his nerves talking, he disliked cramped spaces after all and this....could defiantly be considered a cramped space .
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:29 am

Scorch asks the new guy "How do you feel about Harmony?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:51 am

"Harmony?" Gypsy slowly raked his claws through the grass. "...Harmony. Harmony...is. It is powerful. It's...it's like chaos. Chaos and harmony are twins. Two parts, one thing. And neither are bad or good. Sometimes they're both and neither. Like...like a heartbeat and breathing. Sometimes it seems like the heart is beating so hard you can't breathe, but really they need each other, even when they seem against. And everyone beats. Everyone breathes. The Heartbeat and Breathing don't care whether the person around them is good or evil. But that doesn't make them bad. A dictator has harmony with his neighboring countries? A little child creates chaos with those he loves? They're all things. Forever things. We'd do well to fear and respect them."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:49 pm

"Agreed... But personally I always saw Harmony as more a mix of Chaos & Order..." Lunar comments, mostly to himself.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next