Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

+4
Lapis-Lazily
AProcrastinatingWriter
Marona
Dusk Raven
8 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 7 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:54 am

The outpost, it turns out, has a section of the barracks specially reserved for travelers. The group manages to get themselves settled in, and thankfully, no disturbances happen in the night.

[Insert JRPG inn jingle of your choice. Everyone is healed to full]

In the morning, breakfast is rather simple, but it's done in peace, which the group can be thankful for.

Meanwhile, the caravan leader asks the captain of the garrison, "Any word from Outreach?"

"We had a caravan come in two days ago. No reports of any trouble, nothing like this..."

The caravan sets off quickly. There's still a ways to go before the caravan reaches its destination, and the dawn has already passed by...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 7 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Aparix stared at his loot consideringly, beginning to wonder if the town he was taking these teeth to was nearly as...shall we say...robust as the town he'd just left. Would he be able to get a good price there? He considered the question for a moment, then decided that if you want to know what the layman woudld pay for something, you asked a layman.

"Oy," he said, turning to a random person. "How much do you think I could get for these, eh?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 am

"Hmmph, are trinkets, nothing more. Man could potentially make coward's weapons with them, perhaps points on poison darts, but have no place in real combat. In my village, are worthless."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 am

"Eh, some people pay good money for trinkets, right? We all have our quirks. For instance, I always lift up cups with both my hands. You look like the sort of guy who checks to make sure his door is locked twice. No? Huh. Never guessed that wrong before." Aparix then brings one the tiny daggerish objects to his eye, and decidedly not in his eye. "You know, I could say it's mystical or something. Somebody'd be bound to buy it then."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:43 am

"Let me tell you story, little man. Once there was man. Man was salesman. He was good at the art of pitch. He could sell anything to anyone, and did so with no scrutiny. One day, salesman decide he has best formula to get rich ever. He make hundreds of little glass bottles of water with coloring and flavoring added, he called "Magical Cure All." His claim was bottles contained cure to all known diseases. He claimed one drink would make old men young, weak men strong, and sick men healthy. People ate up supply. Soon, however, doctor come to town. Doctor discovered salesman's lie. He tell people they had been fooled. People were not happy with salesman after that. You know what happened to salesman? People lynched him in middle of town, hanging body for all to see. This is what happens when man sells falsities. Is good story, no?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Ghost Tracker interrupts the conversation by saying, "I wish to see if any in this place have seen or hear word of others like myself. I am not sure how I will be greeted here and would appreciate accompaniment."
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Bellator had been maintaining his weapon, only half-listening, but as the strange creature spoke, he looked up, staring at her. "Hmm...Yes, I will walk with you for a while...Should any attempt to harm you, they'll have -plenty- of time to reconsider while their wounds heal, heh, heh, heh..." He stood, approaching her and putting his weapon away. "Have to admit, want to know if there are more like you...Haven't seen any before today, heh, heh...."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:25 pm

"That is an interesting story," Aparix said, smiling wide. He looked back at the axewielder, smile never wavering. "Wonder what they'd do to a murderer, if that's what they'd do to a snake-oil salesman?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 pm

"Funny you should mention. I have other story. Perhaps better for other time."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 pm

The caravan's lieutenant Lokira pipes up from his position on the wagon, adding into the conversation whether it was wanted or not. "I dunno if you'll get much of a sell for those teeth at Outreach - the people there are pretty practical. There's some that won't even trade in gold, just goods." He tilted his robed head. "Now that I think about it, they might make a nice necklace..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 pm

"I like sound of town already. Reminds me of home. Men not worry with trinkets at home."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 pm

"Lion's-tooth necklace..." Aparix murmured, sounding thoughtful. He turned back to his compatriot. "Where is 'home', anyway? Have to confess, you warrant a certain...curiosity on my part.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Paladin stayed silent as he walked. This was for two reasons. He didn't see much reason to talk to the others about these teeth, not seeing much of a reason to. And secondly, he had stayed up quite late last night, so he was a bit tired. Not tired enough that he couldn't fight mind you.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 pm

[Since it's apparent nobody's going to do so on their own, I'm going to ask for Perception checks from the group...]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:20 am

Perception: 5 + 14 = 19 +3 (if it involves sight)
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:27 am

Perception: 5 + 14 = 19 +3 (if it involves sight)
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:27 pm

(1d20+10 = 12+10 = 22, or 25 if I used eyes. Razz))
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:38 pm

As the caravan walks along, Bellator and Paladin notice something off... they get the feeling they are being watched. The caravan's lieutenant seems to get this feeling as well. Looking about but seeming to see nothing.

Then someone says, "Do you smell something?"

A moment passes, before a screeching sound is heard, and the caravan is dive-bombed by a pack of hideous flying creatures, resembling bats but with the beaks and talons of birds of prey, and a wingspan wider than a human's arms can stretch. One of them dives at the party, maneuvering far more quickly than its size would suggest, talons swiping.

Battle!:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Aparix draws his weapon quickly, in perhaps the exact opposite of his last attempt at going into battle.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Paladin went to draw his sword, but the flying creatures attack on him disrupted this. Forcing him to focus on dodging the attack before drawing his sword, meaning that he was rather slowly to engage in the battle.

Init:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Combat:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:56 pm

"Want to gouge the eyes out of whoever's watching..." Bellator noted lowly, but as the ambush unfurled, he shouted, trying to warn the others. "Fliers...Incoming...!!" He drew his axe quickly, considering how to fight such foes...

Combat data:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Caden::
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 pm

"Monsters are getting on nerves. I don't like their persistence," Zakhar growls as he pulls out his hammer.
Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next