Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

+4
Lapis-Lazily
AProcrastinatingWriter
Marona
Dusk Raven
8 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 9 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Caden2112 Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

"It was great! So many to slaughter, so much blood to spill...hmm, hmm...But they're right, it's not normal for the little beasties to be so eager to throw their lives away. They're either making a big push to steal the land, to scorch the earth and foul the water...Or something else is infuriating them..." Bellator shrugged, tilting his head as he thought, wondering which is was...At least, in his mind, those were the answers.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 9 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:16 pm

The captain's fellow guards glance a little warily at Bellator, but the caravan members - and the captain - are unfazed.

The captain, a tall, bearded man, frowns. "We've been seeing some of their scouts around the edges of the forest, but they haven't attacked us yet. If you're right, there could be a large attack headed for Outreach. I know you just got here, but I - and the people of Outreach - would appreciate it if you could assist in the defense should the Blight attack."

The caravan leader responds, "I know it's going to take a few days to sell our goods, and even then I'm not leaving until I know it's safe to head back. Don't want to run straight into an army on my way back. Until then, you have my assistance." He turns to the group. "What about you all? You fought like heroes on the way here. With you here, the Blight won't stand a chance!"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Paladin said nothing as the captain and the caravan leader continued talking, when the leader mention that he thought the others fought like heroes, the human grinned though, saying. "I'm glad you think so as a hero is what I aspire to be. To defend others is the exact reason here, so if an army is approaching... then let them come. I will meet them, with blade, ki and gift."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:31 pm

"If I am needed here, I see no reason why to leave."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 am

"Heh, heh...If they try to attack this place, I'll make a second wall out of their bodies...No one dies here, oooooh, no..." Bellator nodded, showing he was willing to assist. "I'll gut any one of the blighted beasts who get too close...!"
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 am

Aparix scratches under his chin. "Huh. Don't suppose you'd be expecting us to do this for free, so what's the payment?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Ghost Tracker, meanwhile, states, "I'll be staying around for other reasons, but I'll be happy to defend the town should it come under attack."

One of the guards gives a mild glare at Aparix, but the captain merely scratches his beard for a moment before answering, "Well, you'll be given free lodging for your stay, and after an attack comes, you'll be paid accordingly. In any case, we thank you all for your support."

[AKA I don't know what exact measurement to put in as far as currency worth.]

"That is all. You may go about your business unless there's anything else."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:27 pm

"Fair enough," Aparix shrugs, walking past the guards. "So where's a good place to get a drink around here?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Paladin frowned when the payment was blatantly asked for, not liking such an obvious sign of greed. However, when the free lodging was offered, the frown turned into a smile as he said. "I thank you for your generosity and I promise that I shall be worth the price. Though if you can, may you point me in the direction of where I might find people that are strong with runes? I wish to have the runes of my sword empowered and I cannot do so myself."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Bellator shrugged a bit. "Crushing the blightspawn underfoot is its own reward, hmm, hmm, hmm...But money never hurts, I suppose...Hrm...Yes, perhaps I should practice, see if I can come up with anything new, heh, heh...But yes, perhaps drinks should come first, it's been a long trip, hmm, hmm..." Besides, he couldn't come up with anything good if he was distracted.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:30 pm

"I partake in drink as well. Drink is good after long day."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:47 pm

One of the guards says, "A drink, eh? Most popular place here is a bar called The Quill's Quiver. It's not far into town, just head down this lane here..."

Meanwhile, one of the caravan members, a tall young blonde, speaks to Paladin - "There's not a lot of wizards in these parts, but I know a man who spends a lot of time with them. I'll take you to him if you'd like, I usually visit when I come around here..."

The Quill's Quiver is a large wooden cottage, well-built in contrast to the buildings around it. A sign bearing its name rests on the outside, and the sound of laughter and conversation comes from inside. The interior is warm and inviting, sunlight streaming in through clean windows. Many of the tables are occupied by various patrons. It seems this place is popular, with both citizens and guards alike. The bartender, a well-built, balding man, glances at the new arrivals with a neutral expression.

Meanwhile, the youth leads Paladin through the streets of the town to a ramshackle house near the wall. He knocks on the door, waits a few moments, then knocks again. The door opens to reveal a grey-haired man who peers at the youth with tiny eyes. "Ah, Martin, good to see you again! Who's your friend?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:44 pm

"Evening," Aparix says, crossing over to a nearby barstool. "Mind pouring me and my friends a shot of milk? Oh, wait, milk prices are up. Silly me! Better make it Flare Whiskey, then."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:57 pm

"My name is Paladin." The human greeted, giving the grey-haired man a polite, but warm smile. "I'm looking for a wizard or two, and Martin here says that you tend to spend time around them. May you be able to help me contact a wizard? I have some runes I want empowered but I can't do it myself."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 pm

"I would like Vodka, if available. If not, I'll have whiskey."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Bella looked about before nodding, hopping up onto a stool beside Asparix, staying quiet for the moment. After all, whiskey sounded good to him.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:16 pm

The bartender nods. "One vodka, two Flare Whiskeys." As he passes the drinks around, he idly asks, "New to Outreach?"

The grey-haired man smiles. "Well, I know quite a bit about runes, and I'd like to think I'm almost a wizard myself. Maybe I can help you with whatever you need." He backs up to let Martin and Paladin enter. "Name's Wilfred. What exactly do you need? 'Empowered' is a bit of a vague term when it comes to runes..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Paladin entered into the house and looked around curiously. However, he didn't let his attention wander to much from the man infront of him. When he asked what exactly Paladin desired, the human drew his sword in response. Slowly, as to not startle or appearing threatening. Turning the flat of blade towards Wilfred so he could see its runes. "These runes have multiple purposes, but one of the main usages is the summoning of creatures into battle to fight by my side. A fire golem and golden avenger to be precise. During my battles on the way here however, I realized it was taking far to long for me to summon the fire golem, do you think you might be able to reduce the build up of energy necessary to summon the fire golem? Though if it effects both, all the better."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Zakhar downs the shot before replying."Yes, is first day here."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:52 pm

@Fury: The inside of the house is filled with books and various trinkets. Though nothing looks inherently magical, there are a few things that look just a tad nonfunctional - like a crystal here or an orb there. Things that may be more than meets the eye. Wilfred, meanwhile, takes a look at the sword. "Fascinating... this sword has most of the runes neccessary for summoning a creature, but not all of them. And you say it takes energy out of you? You're not just a rune-user, are you? You're actually powering this with your own magic?" His eyebrows raised slightly. "Impressive. I'm not sure what I can do to improve this blade... though I have an idea. If we apply runes to power the summoning, it should take some of the strain off you."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 am

"Will it allow anyone to use the blade for summoning though?" Paladin questioned, he liked the idea that was being presented for him by Wilfred, but it also rose quite a significant concern for him. "Supposedly, only those of my family are meant to be able to use its runes, and in my travels there has been times where others tried to turn them against me and failed."

(If that improvised bit of lore for Paladin is okay with you that is)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:48 am

[Sure, why not]

"Interesting." He frowned slightly. "I'm not entirely sure. Runes are supposed to be indiscriminate, but if what you say is true... either someone with the Gift infused some of their magic into this sword, or else wild magic is at work. Either way, the result should be the same. The few runes we'll be adding will be meaningless by themselves, so they won't be used against you in case they aren't subject to the same limitation."

Martin, meanwhile, looks on with fascination.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 am

"That's good to know." Paladin said with a smile, reassured that the runes would simply help him without adding any exploitable weaknesses. "If your interested, I could share the story of the blade as much as I know. Though before that, lets get the runes applied shall we? I assume that it won't be a free process."

(How many years has there been since civilization began again? This is supposed to be a rather new world if I remembered correctly)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 pm

"Well," Wilfred smiled sheepishly. "A man has to make a living somehow... although I'd happily shave some of the price off if you'd tell me the story behind that sword."

[How are the runes part of the sword? Are they etched into it or inscribed with special paint?]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

(Etched into it, and you didn't answer my question)

"That sounds like a fair deal to me." Paladin said with a smile, happy not only to get his sword upgraded, but also get it done for a reduce price. "Do you want to know the story now, or after the new runes are in place?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next