Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+6
Retrokinesis
Dusk Raven
casey1859
AProcrastinatingWriter
Paper Shadow
deonte9109
10 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 7 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  RandomNumbers9041 Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:54 am

...I still want to give Costume Sweet and Elite, just because it would make sense in-character. I know you said it wouldn't be useful, though, Writer, so I'm not. I will, however, be switching some training around. Namely, Arcana for Streetsmarts.

Weaken Substance is gone in exchange for Fabricate. ...and it appears that all my treasure doesn't exist any more. It's late, I'll finish tomorrow. :I

RandomNumbers9041
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 7 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 am

Well I'm sure there is some way to turn Sweet and Elite into having some worth IC if you and Aproc talk about what rewards you'd want out of it... Maybe?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:57 am

I took Sweet and Elite from the beginning, even if it will never come-up. It's the principle of the thing Razz.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:05 am

If you prefer principle over function, then that is certainly a respectable position to have.

You'll understand why 'Sweet and Elite' can't possibly apply to this campaign sooner or later. Promise.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:10 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:You'll understand why 'Sweet and Elite' can't possibly apply to this campaign sooner or later. Promise.
(It's because Time Travel is confusing...)

Have I mentioned I've never levelled up before? There's so many options, and I don't know how I feel about them...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 am

I can't decide what items to get next...

As for destinies, I have a few options. Archmage works but I'd have thought Brilliant would take that. Master Detective fits in name but not in application (unless Wandering Eye consorts with the Beyond to learn things about the campaign). Planeshaper seems interesting as well.

...I think I'm going to get Magical Tricks for my next utility talent. I dunno if Wandering Eye's up for Magecraft, but he definitely should be able to hold his own in spellcasting ability... though he's no Twilight (or Brilli).

As for Boons... hmm. Either an Assistant (provided we agree upon what our Adorable Assistant would be, lest something follow Wandering Eye from the Beyond) or A Wondrous Treasure.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:20 am

Dusk Raven wrote:As for destinies, I have a few options. Archmage works but I'd have thought Brilliant would take that. Master Detective fits in name but not in application (unless Wandering Eye consorts with the Beyond to learn things about the campaign). Planeshaper seems interesting as well.
Archmage always struck me as more "knowledge for its own sake". Brilli is all about the application of magic to bend reality to her will, hence the idea of becoming a crystal lich for immortality and Sombra-esque sorcerous dominion Twisted Evil.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:28 am

Dusk Raven wrote:As for Boons... hmm. Either an Assistant (provided we agree upon what our Adorable Assistant would be, lest something follow Wandering Eye from the Beyond) or A Wondrous Treasure.
Dusk, I suggest you click this link and look over the newer boon list, cause I think we're picking form there.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 am

You unicorns are a mad bunch, you know that right?

Personally, Scorch is most likely gonna grab Dynamic Duo, although Vile Villain and the open destinies (Self Discovery, Evolution) also work well...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 am

Somehow, I had a feeling Dynamic Duo was right up Scorch's alley...

Xel Unknown wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:As for Boons... hmm. Either an Assistant (provided we agree upon what our Adorable Assistant would be, lest something follow Wandering Eye from the Beyond) or A Wondrous Treasure.
Dusk, I suggest you click this link and look over the newer boon list, cause I think we're picking form there.
Uh, my bad. In that case, Assistant seems the best choice. Hope APW is up for RPing NPCs again. Now, what shall the assistant be? A local Zebra? A mutant from the Beyond?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:35 am

Could do some group-retconning and make Cobbled Stone into the Assistant if the party decides that's the boon.

...also him being immune to it is still possibly a thing, but Rewrite Memories only works on "helpless" creatures and

Good luck getting Celestia or that pony helpless
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:...also him being immune to it is still possibly a thing, but Rewrite Memories only works on "helpless" creatures and

Yeah, I saw that and thought, "That could be a problem."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:47 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Could do some group-retconning and make Cobbled Stone into the Assistant if the party decides that's the boon.
Yeah, but then we'd kinda be required to take Mechanics as the 15 skill, as that was Cobbled's talent...

Personally, if we take Assistant, I wouldn't mind some more dragons or dragon-loving creatures in the party. This may be because I wish to be praised to no end...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:...also him being immune to it is still possibly a thing, but Rewrite Memories only works on "helpless" creatures and

Quick, someone pick up Jinx!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Okay, Chapter 2 has started with spears in the face. What's the plan? We could run into the jungle, but secretly I wanna try my luck with the Intimidation Check and Villainous Laughter. What do you guys think?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Part of me is musing about trying out Thunderborn to scare the zebra's off... But that'll likely backfire. Also when I got the time will need to chat with Costume Change...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, I was thinking we should at least try to talk to them (very least find out what they're all upset about): of course failing that (or to supplement that once we find out what's going on) we can do other things...

Going to use Many Tongues to talk to the zebras- although I'll wait a few minutes in case any one else would like to be the one to do the talking (I can use it on an ally): or has a reason why we shouldn't do that. I have multiple uses of it (3), so if anyone else wants to say anything to the Zebras after I've already posted, I can still make it happen.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Also, Element of Kindness might be useful for me to use on Headdress Guy if things start to get ugly
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:49 pm

I've now flavored the new combat build for Lunar... ENJOY THE ELECTRICAL JOKES... And his traits are references to how he got wiped form history, yet still lived to tell the tale. Also the Arcana Eye got some flavor too for the same thing... From how I figure he learned this trick form being outside of time or whatever his non-existent body went to when that event happened.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Double-Post: Um... Does Lunar get the full +2 bonus from socrch, and should I try to do an assist check or spend my thunderbird points to help that roll?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Yes to bonus, and unnecessary. It was successful.

I mean, it didn't automatically put the zebras on you guys's side or anything, but it worked to make them less ill-at-ease.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Alrightie... Pitty... Wanted to make Lunar do puppy dog eyes. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Celestia you ppl post a lot when Im busy catching up on animes. In short though I'll have the new revamped Iggy sheet done by the end of the night. Too many things all happening at once making it hard to focus
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:33 pm

I just wanted to point out how terrifying I (personally) find ECHO's methods to be. In my opinion, all the hells (and other assorted afterlives) created by humankind are nothing compared to the idea of nonexistence (especially to make something never to have existed!). At least it seems in this world things hopefully aren't permanently gone (Lunar came back, we still have memories of the Crystal Empire, Computer had records of these things)

Random comment, I know, especially considering we've known this for a while, but just wanted to throw that out there. (Suppose it did come to mind when the zebras were asking why we consider Nihl and ECHO evil, though...)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and drop this little tantalizing bombshell: under normal circumstances, all that stuff would be gone permanently, no memories allowed or people noticing or anything. It's just that there are Things and Stuff going on that hopefully you guys are gonna be able to uncover as the campaign continues.

Like, that was probably already obvious, but I just wanted to be absolutely clear that something besides "plot convenience" was up with ponies remembering stuff and things that "Shouldn't" exist actually existing and all that.

You know, just to drive the existential horror home. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Yeah, Ret-goning things... IS HORRIBLE... It's even worse when the Retgone fully works.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next