Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC)

+7
Crystalite
mjh6
Zarhon
Xel Unknown
Lapis-Lazily
Brony 7 of 9
Paper Shadow
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:49 pm

mjh6 wrote:2. I'm curious about having epic pwny on a character without a cutie mark. Does it apply to attack the day too, or is Honey sticks going to take it later on?

I had intended on both of those.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:40 am

Crystalite wrote:Aaaw, I was really looking forward to using Form of the Avatar...

Pwease let me keep it...
If it is okay with the group, then sure, you can keep it. I mean, it's not like you went Derp Spellchild in it, which was people's main concern when it was first released...

Zarhon wrote:Actually, imposing does provide a substantial benefit - it allows me to combo it with "Yee-Haw" (which affects brawn checks, which would include intimidation checks that use brawn) for a whopping +20 bonus.
Interesting...

mjh6 wrote:Great! I'm excited to get started. Now a bunch of random thoughts:
1.I think I'm dropping the ring of resilience. It was mostly a filler purchase, and I just found a great weapon to save up for down the line, so every bit counts.
2. I'm curious about having epic pwny on a character without a cutie mark. Does it apply to attack the day too, or is Honey sticks going to take it later on?
3. I am completely in favor of having a laughter user on the team, and collaboratively building a chart. Very Happy Also, I was hoping someone would take dream stride and make an inception reference

so yeah, lets do this bounce
1. You can swap items (or anything, really) in between episodes at the same cost that you pay to take it, so you can have Ring of Resilience now, and when you get enough, you can remove the ring and all the gold that is costed (which I believe is 500) can then be used to get the new item, but it's your choice...

2. Epic Pwny only triggers on a Cutie Mark skill, so if you don't have a CM skill, it can't trigger. Likewise, Attack the Day requires you to roll a 20 to activate but doesn't work on your CM skill (because a 20 on your CM skill already is a Spectacular Success), so it doesn't combo with Epic Pwny...

3. Okay Dokey...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:01 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Aaaw, I was really looking forward to using Form of the Avatar...

Pwease let me keep it...
If it is okay with the group, then sure, you can keep it. I mean, it's not like you went Derp Spellchild in it, which was people's main concern when it was first released...

The effect only lasts for a few minutes though.... with my build, the vast majority of the time I'd be better off just spending that Magic Point on a skill check, or perhaps asking Smarty Pants. The only reeaaally useful time to have it (that I can forsee, I dunno) is if I need to get out/away from something/where.

Paper Shadow wrote: 2. Epic Pwny only triggers on a Cutie Mark skill, so if you don't have a CM skill, it can't trigger. Likewise, Attack the Day requires you to roll a 20 to activate but doesn't work on your CM skill (because a 20 on your CM skill already is a Spectacular Success), so it doesn't combo with Epic Pwny...

D'oh! I guess I better swap out Epic Pwny for some other stuff then... probably Naturally Skilled, and some other 1 point racial. No good having 3  Points on something I can't use!

Edit: Nope! Went with All Awesome instead... (Think about it for a minute. Derp -> All Awesome -> Attack The Day!) Also tweaked my combat build a little; swapped Spectral Warden with Better You Than Me, and swapped most of my items for the Greater Reloader.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:27 pm

So... you think we're ready to get started?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:38 pm

mjh6 wrote:So... you think we're ready to get started?
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been in a happy place over the last few days. Also, I just realised that the orange filly mentioned in Honey Stick's backstory is Scootaloo. Because I'm bad...

I will get off my lazy arse and make the thread either today or tomorrow. If I don't, feel free to call me a loser and a jerk and whatever else in your signatures...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Oh, I didn't mean to bug you or anything! Get started when your ready for it, and I hope thing get better.

And I didn't realize she was talking about Scootaloo until you mentioned it just now  Embarassed 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:12 pm

If we're starting out, could you rename the thread to OOC, and add links to our character sheets in the first post? We'll certainly all need it.

Would be prudent to organize a DM rotation as well.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Zarhon wrote:If we're starting out, could you rename the thread to OOC, and add links to our character sheets in the first post? We'll certainly all need it.

Would be prudent to organize a DM rotation as well.
That I can do. As for the DM rotation, it will be a first come, first served: The person who wishes to DM first will DM first, then so on and so forth. After everyone has been a DM, the rotation will be made...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 pm

mjh6 wrote:And I didn't realize she was talking about Scootaloo until you mentioned it just now  Embarassed 

I was wondering when somepony would make the connection  Big Smiles, Sweetie  I like doing that once in a while; seeing if I can include canon characters without naming them outright.

So who is GMing first?  Neutral 
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 am

Crystalite wrote:So who is GMing first?  Neutral 
I am, just to get things rolling. After me though, who knows...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:30 am

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 VxhQN4N
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to intentionally harm/kill Frost.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:24 pm

I figured as much Very Happy 

And it was funny, so its ok
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 am

Crystalite wrote:Honey Sticks held Smarty Pants close to try and keep warm against his new body-heat. She wondered if any pony else would be out here...

Suddenly she heard a far off voice. "Is anypony out there!?"

"HAAAAAAAAAAYY! I'M OVER HEEEEERE!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs.
Making assumptions now, are we?  Daring Do 
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:52 am

Cheerilee Derp I'll go edit it out.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 am

So, the only people who haven't posted are Doppler and Fury, right?

Guess they got cold feet, am I right?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

...You did that on purpose! Gurk!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:19 am

But seriously, you two, you should probably stop giving me the cold shoulder and post...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Okay, let's get this over with right now. It's cool you want to break the ice and all, but seriously, chill out and have a cold one before you slip down the icy slope, because the ambience will get so frigid it'll freeze over Hell and the devils will all give you a cold stare, nevermind the cold shoulders and feet.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Cool down, it's okay. I'm only making puns now so you guys don't do it in the thread and make it snowball out of control. I need you guys to stay frosty out there. But I understand you would rather we iced these puns and leave them stone cold dead; not everyone likes puns, we are all unique little snowflakes. So we'll put this on ice for now, but don't be so cold hearted about this in the future...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:21 pm

New house rule then. Puns are to be reserved for the OOC thread.

That being said, I am dreaming of seeing interesting things with my Perception check...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 pm

I think what you described there, Crys, would be a situational bonus. Assists can only give +2 bonuses anyway, situational bonuses can be higher than that. An assist would probably be Quartz holding her up above his head so she can see better.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:24 pm

While you're probably right, I'm not perfectly clear on how GMs decide on situationals; it seems to be pretty subjective. Whereas I know exactly how much an assist provides.

And here I was worried you'd be upset over being duped into inadvertantly assisting... In all seriousness, it didn't occur to me until after the fact 0.0
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:36 pm

I do know at the least, you should get a +1 from Quartz's Grandeur racial trait. I think that if a character is holding you up, you can probably see them.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:23 pm

....He has Granduer!? Huh! I'd better add that in as well.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next