Who You Gonna Call?

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 am

Bronymous wrote:The Twins look at the odd pony for a moment, backing away from the impending explosion. "Excuse me, is this the way out?"
"Хмм?" asked the pony, looking up at the twins. He then smiles broadly. "О, да! 'Way out!' Ex-iit! То је тамо!"

He points to the door at the top of the stairs, compensating for his lack of language skills.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:55 pm

"Uh, yeah, thanks." The twins give him a look, then each other, and then head up the stairs and exit the door.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Combat:
Using Critfisher to roll 5d8... Twice!

Aaaaaand TWO crits! Ah ah ah! Screenshot up shortly. In the meanwhile, doing 2d10 damage, in two separate attacks, to... Spook 3? Since I suspect my d8 Special qualifies as a single-target attack.

Result: Another crit! And a total of 19 damage! Again, screencap is forthcoming.

Rhinestone gains 2d12 damage HP...

Result: 16 total, no more Crits.

Maverick grabbed the crate in his telekinesis ((This is just flavor)) and flung it aside. He aimed his proton beam at the ghost who had flung it... And it latched this time! Success! Maverick struggled both to hold onto it and to try and ready a trap...

Status:
HP: 27
PiPs: 2
Status: Ridiculously lucky.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:04 pm

The ghost suddenly manifests - an earth pony, his lower half completely squished flat, screaming in pain with his core exposed and sparking violently, as if about to explode. A loud, painful noise is heard behind Maverick as a second earth pony ghost manifests behind Maverick, hurling a gold spool of thread at him... but missing, leaving it stuck on the spinning device.

Spook 3 is defeated. Spook 2 has now appeared and can be targeted by single-target attacks. Maverick takes 4 damage.
Bronymous wrote:"Uh, yeah, thanks." The twins give him a look, then each other, and then head up the stairs and exit the door.
The twins find themselves exiting through the eastmost door of the room with the turntable in it.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:34 pm

"So now what." Hallows looks at Gallows expectantly, and he looks around a bit. Then, he turns around and walks back through the door to the pony. "Hey, you. I have some questions."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Bronymous wrote:"So now what." Hallows looks at Gallows expectantly, and he looks around a bit. Then, he turns around and walks back through the door to the pony. "Hey, you. I have some questions."
"Ques-tions?" asked the pony, turning away from his task of throwing explosives. "Eh... par-don. No Ponglish good. Can try help?"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm

"What, happened, in, factory? Why, you, here? "What, you, doing, kabooms?" Gallows articulates slowly, simplifying his speech so the pony can understand him. Hallows rubs her forehead.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Bronymous wrote:"What, happened, in, factory? Why, you, here? "What, you, doing, kabooms?" Gallows articulates slowly, simplifying his speech so the pony can understand him. Hallows rubs her forehead.
"крш... пао," said the pony, pointing at the ceiling, then down at the rubble. "I job here. I... 'ka-boom'... to clear. Clear начин. When начин clear, can go home."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:18 pm

"Not safe. Ghosts. Ponies Dead. We Hunt. You, leave now." Gallows looks at him sternly as he does this, and Hallows just give her brother a look.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:23 pm

"Dead?" asked the pony. "Is... very bad. But... no leave. Need clear начин."

The pony appears resolute in completing his task, and is standing by a small pile of explosives that back up his decision.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm

"Nothing there, no need cleared. Leave before die!" Gallows says more adamantly, grabbing one of the explosives.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:14 pm

"Are слеп? Is the-" the pony begins pointing to the pile of rubble, but stops and leaps back in surprise as Gallows picks up a grenade. "No! Is frag-men-ta-tion bomb! Will tear you месо!"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 pm

"Give me that." Hallows snatches the grenade from her brother. Then, she tosses it at the pile, and then continues tossing the grenades at the pile, without pulling any of the pins. "If you aren't gonna go, then we'll just hurry this up." Once the pile of grenades has been moved to the pile of rubble, she grabs the last one* and pulls the pin, and then tosses it back with the others, and retreats swiftly. "Probably wanna move." Gallows catches on and is right on her tail.

*Stealth to swipe one of the grenades while he isn't paying attention.
19+7=26
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:34 pm

"О мој Целестиа!" shouted the pony, trying his best to stop the jackal twins from grabbing his bombs but unable to handle both of them at once.

As Hallows and Gallows rush out of the room, the earth pony follows, slamming the door shut behind him and pressing himself against it. A loud explosion is heard from the room and the door nearly bursts open, but barely holds. The pony pants and goes back to all fours, looking at Hallows and Gallows.

"То је било веома глупо!"

He does not seem to notice you taking the last grenade. Then again, you took a whole lot of grenades and hurled them.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:32 pm

"No, it's fine." Hallows says, entirely misreading his tone. "I'm sure if your explosions didn't wake up the ghosts, then that one didn't either, we're still safe. But you need to leave." She points the way, showing him the exit. Gallows, meanwhile, takes a quick peek back inside the stairwell.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Copper Rose on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Sweet Puff digs around in her bag, pulling out a small bag of candies. She tears them open and dumps them in her mouth, chewing on them with a loud crunch crunch crunch. The cloud bunny drifts over to Spook 2 and... does... something, not sure how clouds alone do damage to ghosts.
Combat:
[+6] Grab For Candy (Grab For Power) - Standard Utility
Lose 1d8 energy.
Roll(1d8)+0:
2,+0
Total:2
total, 4 PiPs gained

Cloud Bunny deals 1 damage to Spook 2

HP: 30 still somehow
PiPs: 9
Status: Omnomnom
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Bronymous wrote:"No, it's fine." Hallows says, entirely misreading his tone. "I'm sure if your explosions didn't wake up the ghosts, then that one didn't either, we're still safe. But you need to leave." She points the way, showing him the exit. Gallows, meanwhile, takes a quick peek back inside the stairwell.
Normally a fragmentation grenade would not be able to take down the rubble. However, the sheer volume of them have blown said pile of rubble away. And embedded several shards of metal in the stairwell walls.

"Глупи деца, немајући поштовање својих старешина..." mutters the pony, heading for the door and opening it.
Copper Rose wrote:Sweet Puff digs around in her bag, pulling out a small bag of candies. She tears them open and dumps them in her mouth, chewing on them with a loud crunch crunch crunch. The cloud bunny drifts over to Spook 2 and... does... something, not sure how clouds alone do damage to ghosts.
It's probably gnawing on the spook's jacket
The northern door opens and a soot-covered earth pony steps through, grumbling to himself in some foreign language. Chronos briefly pokes his head out from behind the crates and observes. The pony doesn't seem to pay the ghosts any heed as he heads for the eastern door and tries to open it to no avail.

"Зашто је он закључао врата?" asked the pony.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Hallows and Gallows follow the foreign guy through, back to the others. "We found a dead end." "I grabbed a wrench." "Something weird happened." "Then we met that guy." "Say hello, That Guy." "So what are you guys up to?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:13 pm

As the floating jacket backed up from the cloud, another jacket, rather thick and a dusty dark blue, floated up next to it and...put one sleeve over the second ghost's shoulders. "Oy, Brian, you son of a scallywag!" came the invisible voice of White Whisper, in about as much of a mouth as usual. "How's tricks, how's treats, how's the trick knee, still bother you? Bothers me, I can tell you that much. It's like a bloomin' windchime, but without the annoying pretense of watermelons, family gatherings, and maybe an actually pleasant time. But I'm talking to a wall here aren't I, because if you ever stop jankin' that thing around, I swear that'll be the day I keel over for the second and probably more permanent time, and we both know that's never gonna happen. Ha! I'm just blastin' your boots, promise. How's it goin'?"

Allow us to amend an earlier piece of narration. White Whisper was no good at talking to ponies when he was actually trying to make friends.

Spoiler:
Used Creative Forms of Haunting on Spook 2, rolled a 9, he's suffering vulnerability 2 due to being heavily distracted. Save ends, which potentially means no one gets the chance to capitalize on it, but then again I do have Hex.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Spook 2 is now Brian. This is canon.


The jacket that is NOT being controlled by White Whisper tries to swat Whisper's conjuration away while another screeching noise erupts behind Maverick. Another box hits him from behind, but does not shatter and only lightly grazes him as the second jacket rises up again with a cackle.

"Не сада!" shouted the pony, still trying to open the door.


Total of 5 damage to Maverick. Brian made his save, and Spook 1 can now be targeted with single-target attacks. Hallows and Gallows, roll initiative.


Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:30 pm

The twins stop dead as they suddenly catch sight of the floating jackets and signs of a fight. "Oh, what..." "You've been fighting the ghosts without us?!" The twins dash forward, looking to jump in the fight.

Initiative: 9
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5652
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Initiative Counts/Turn Order:
Spook 1 and Brian - 21
Rhinestone - 17
Maverick - 13
Gallows and Hallows - 9
Sweet Puff - 5
Whisper - 1
It is now Rhinestone's turn.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:53 pm

((Ah, I'm very sorry, I wasn't sure if the twins insertion into the initiative order changed things. Anyway.))

Rhinestone poked her head out of the fort, looked around and ducked right back in.

Meta:
rrrrrgh. I think I'm changing back to my old build after this combat. This one doesn't feel right or fun or in character at all.

Anyway, guarded stance again.

HP: 37
Pips: 8
Condition: Half damage.

I still like these guys. They're only hitting Artie.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Crystalite wrote:Maverick tossed a trap down below the ghost he had and pressed the button, hoping it would work on it's own. He felt something brush his flank; and, in surprise, bucked the crate with both hooves. Turning around to see what he kicked, he saw it flying towards the jacket that had tossed it...
The first Spook's core also starts sparking as the third gets sucked into the trap in a fountain of light and sound.


Spook 1 is out of HP, leaving only Brian.
Traps Left: 9/10
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:07 pm

((For the sake of satisfying my OCD tendencies completeness...))

Combat:
Using Prepare Spell to swap out Prepare Spell for Whirling Blades.

Then, using Blind Rage, Taunting Strike, and Whirling Blades.

Blind Rage Result: 1d12 [1] damage to Spook 1.

Taunting Strike Result: 1d4 [1] + Blind Fighting [6] = 7 damage to Spook 1.

Whirling Blades: Another 8 damage to Spook 1.

Total of 16 damage. Somehow I feel cheated...

Save against Blindness: 1d20 [17] Win!

Maverick tossed a trap down below the ghost he had and pressed the button, hoping it would work on it's own. He felt something brush his flank; and, in surprise, bucked the crate with both hooves. Turning around to see what he kicked, he saw it flying towards the jacket that had tossed it...

Status:
HP: 22
PiPs: 2
Status: Even for the last turn.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum