Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who You Gonna Call?

+2
Copper Rose
Brony 7 of 9
6 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Who You Gonna Call? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:51 pm

"Well that's a good sign." Gallows says, noting the blood stains. "Ok, let's go. Wait!" He grabs a wrench out of one of the boxes. "Ok, now let's go." "What is that for?" "To fix things, and or hit things." "...fine." The twins head out through the single door.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Elacular wrote:Rhinestone nodded slowly. "It's good to meet you. Would I be off base in assuming your profession as a dancer of sorts?"
Ribbon Dancer, from the name alone, is clearly some kind of... mare of the evening. Mares like her would have spent most of their time entertaining Las Pegasus residents and visitors with their seductive dances, and perhaps private dances after hours. Rhinestone gets the feeling that she was very popular around the factory, even going inside and entertaining the workers there during their breaks.

"Absolutely, sugar," said Ribbon Dancer. "One of the most nimble in Las Pegasus, if I do say so myself."

Crystalite wrote:Maverick swallowed uncomfortably. "You'll excuse me for saying it, but I don't think that's going to work the way you think it's going to work," he said, trying hard not to show his discomfort, while readying the proton pack as much as he could without drawing attention to the fact.
"Oh pooh," said Ribbon Dancer, disappointed. "And I thought we could be friends..."

She pauses.

"What's that toy you've got there, sailor?" she asked.

She beat you with Perception - just barely.
Bronymous wrote:"Well that's a good sign." Gallows says, noting the blood stains. "Ok, let's go. Wait!" He grabs a wrench out of one of the boxes. "Ok, now let's go." "What is that for?" "To fix things, and or hit things." "...fine." The twins head out through the single door.
The door leads into a large, long room, with girders and scaffolding acting as makeshift walls and barriers - not effective ones, though, as Hallows and Gallows can see past them to the rough sandstone walls beyond. The room turns out towards a corner but doesn't extend far before being blocked off by debris. To the east (the twins' left) is another door, while to the west (their right) is a small, hand-powered drill.

The twins hear a muffled explosion coming from the east and suddenly, for them, gravity seems to shift, moving them towards the eastern wall - thankfully they land on a girder sturdy enough to support their weight. Who knows if the rest of the floor- or rather, wall- is that sturdy...

A MYSTERIOUS HAPPENING HAS OCCURED!

As you progress further through a haunted location you increase the chance of MYSTERIOUS HAPPENINGS occurring. They usually trigger when you enter a room and do MYSTERIOUS THINGS like alter gravity.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Rhinestone looked at Maverick and her eyes widened. "Oh shit-I mean, buck! Uh, Artie, can you...not right now? I mean..." she facehoofed. "Ugh, look, Miz Ribbon, I'm not so good with the words, so I just...are you okay? How come you're, you know, here?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Maverick glared a little. So she had noticed. "Let's say it's the reason I think that way. Let me be blunt; you, ma'am, are being evicted. We can either help you move, or force you. Now, which is it going to be" he said forcefully, pulling out the nozzle and pointing it at Ribbon Dancer.

Persuasion:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:48 pm

The twins yip at the change in Gravity, and shakily stand on the new floor. "What..." "Uh, let's keep moving." Gallows walks over to the door that now is on the floor, Hallows following close. He tries opening it, and looks though.

Perception 10-2+10=18
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:59 pm

Elacular wrote:Rhinestone looked at Maverick and her eyes widened. "Oh shit-I mean, buck! Uh, Artie, can you...not right now? I mean..." she facehoofed. "Ugh, look, Miz Ribbon, I'm not so good with the words, so I just...are you okay? How come you're, you know, here?"
Crystalite wrote:Maverick glared a little. So she had noticed. "Let's say it's the reason I think that way. Let me be blunt; you, ma'am, are being evicted. We can either help you move, or force you. Now, which is it going to be" he said forcefully, pulling out the nozzle and pointing it at Ribbon Dancer.
Ribbon Dancer is about to answer Rhinestone's question when Maverick points the nozzle at her. Recognizing the threat, she bolts, the magnetic dust following her, pressing against the eastern wall for a few seconds, and dropping to the ground. A chorus of "boo"s erupts as the three jackets on the ground levitate.

"And it was just getting good!" complained Bell Mare.
Bronymous wrote:The twins yip at the change in Gravity, and shakily stand on the new floor. "What..." "Uh, let's keep moving." Gallows walks over to the door that now is on the floor, Hallows following close. He tries opening it, and looks though.
The door opens to another, smaller room - this one essentially a large staircase leading up to the ground floor. Unfortunately, several planks have fallen away, or are simply piled against the wall. Halfway up the stairs is a large pile of rubble which is intermittently shaking, and several muffled explosions seem to be coming from within.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:04 pm

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Maverick shouted, firing the proton beam after the cloud...

In Response:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:44 pm

"Uh, let's not go that way." Gallows looks around, and up at the drill which has not moved despite the gravity shift. "That's weird. Let's try this way." Gallows tries to leap over the open doorway.

Acrobatics: 3, Derp, again, fuck.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Crystalite wrote:"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Maverick shouted, firing the proton beam after the cloud...
The proton beam strikes Ribbon Dancer's invisible form within the cloud, and she cries out in pain. However, Maverick can only briefly glimpse her core before it disappears through the wall, with the dust falling a few seconds later.

Unless you can think of some way to calm the spooks, or make them go away some other way, combat's about to begin.
Bronymous wrote:"Uh, let's not go that way." Gallows looks around, and up at the drill which has not moved despite the gravity shift. "That's weird. Let's try this way." Gallows tries to leap over the open doorway.
Gallows tries to leap over the open door, but falls straight through, rolling along (from Hallows' point of view) the wall before coming to a stop at the base of the stairs. From Gallows' point of view he just tumbles a very, very long way down.

Gallows now has no idea which way is up. The -2 penalty to perception has increased to -5 (but you still have 3 uses of Perception left)
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:01 pm

With a groan, Rhinestone pulled her shovel off her back and stood on her hind legs. "Goddamn it, Artie, if ghosts were that easy to get rid of, I wouldn't be here! I hang with corpses and grew up rich! How do I have more tact than you?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Hallows once again goes after her brother, but this time she does so more carefully. She lets her hind legs dangle into the doorway, and then slowly eases the rest of herself in, hanging from the ledge. Having minimized the distance, she drops in.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Bronymous wrote:Hallows once again goes after her brother, but this time she does so more carefully. She lets her hind legs dangle into the doorway, and then slowly eases the rest of herself in, hanging from the ledge. Having minimized the distance, she drops in.
Hallows lands softly on her feet, gravity once again changing so she is on what she believes to be the floor, the stairs leading up rather than into a wall.
Elacular wrote:With a groan, Rhinestone pulled her shovel off her back and stood on her hind legs. "Goddamn it, Artie, if ghosts were that easy to get rid of, I wouldn't be here! I hang with corpses and grew up rich! How do I have more tact than you?"

Everypony in the front room, roll Initiative.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:49 pm

"Uh-oh."
Initiative:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:29 pm

"Ok then..." Gallows goes to help her brother to her feet. "I think we should try to get back to everyone else." He is a little shaky as he stands. Together they walk over to the stairs, looking up at the thumping rubble blocking the way. Climbing the stairs, Gallows looks for a way through, while Gallows listens, trying to determine what the noise is.

Should just be one perception check
Perception: 17+10-5= 22
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:07 pm

White Whisper tried to stay as far back from the flirting phantasm as he could without phasing through the walls himself; he may have disliked rap battling, but he could say with some degree of accuracy that wordplay was in many ways his forte. A dancing competition - especially the kind of dancing he felt this specter would like, the kind that put butterflies in the stomach and raging bulls in the libido - was much more likely to end with embarrassment on the part of all involved. Between that and his lack of social skills, the colt was almost relieved that this lady of the night (lady of the velvet?) didn't approach him. He figured he had the "No Solicitors" sign to thank for that. Or maybe the mass of scars on his face and the cig in his mouth. Could be either, could be both

Something hot and fluttery flitted at the back of WW's brain, and instantly he was aware that things were about to pucker-shaped. "Fight time," he spoke, not sure why or how he knew that. But whatever worked, right? "Goody goody. My 'talking to mares' skills are so flippin' abysmal they make Tartarus look like a funtime holiday for the whole family...and so are my 'taling to colts' skills, now that I'm thinkin' 'bout it.." This said, a fire erupted around his hooves, "Either way, that's why I normally prefer my hooves do the talking!"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Initiative:

Maverick glared at the floating jackets. "Sorry. I used up all my tact for the day," he said in a gruff sort of voice as he shifted the proton pack slightly...

Talents:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Initiative Counts/Turn Order:
Spooks - 21
Rhinestone - 17
Maverick - 13
Sweet Puff - 5
Whisper - 1

Two of the floating jackets sway their front hoof sleeves from side to side, causing bell-like noises to ring out, while another raises his front hoof sleeves into the air, raising one of the crates, and hurls it at Maverick.

Maverick takes 9 damage.
Bronymous wrote:"Ok then..." Gallows goes to help her brother to her feet. "I think we should try to get back to everyone else." He is a little shaky as he stands. Together they walk over to the stairs, looking up at the thumping rubble blocking the way. Climbing the stairs, Gallows looks for a way through, while Gallows listens, trying to determine what the noise is.

Should just be one perception check
Perception: 17+10-5= 22
The pile of debris takes up the whole of the platform making up the halfway point of the stairs - at least length and width-wise. It's possible to climb over, and there doesn't seem to be much debris obstructing other parts of the stairs, so with a little imagination there are probably other ways to get past. The sound shaking the debris sounds to Gallows like explosions, remarkably similar to the type produced by the bombs Wint and Kidd threw around.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:18 pm

When the crate was chucked at Maverick, Rhinestone moved in front of it, smashing it with her shovel. "CAN. YOU. NOT!"

Even as she annihilated the box, a good amount of wooden shrapnel burried itself in her skin. With a hiss of pain, she fell to her knees and began to pray. "Sweet Celestia, by the light of your summer sun and in the name of an alicorn's might, may my allies and I be protected from those who would cause us harm and pain."

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:35 am

The twins keep going- noise doesn't scare them. They pick their way up, over and around the debris.

Don't know if I need a skill check, but if so can I just take 20 on it?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:21 am

Combat:

Maverick aimed his proton beam, oblivious of the crate flying towards him...

And suddenly Rhinestone was in front of him, swatting it out of the way. Wordlessly, he sidestepped, taking aim again...

Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Sweet Puff zips past the floating jackets in a blur, stopping suddenly near the others and starts making cloud bunnies to aid in the fight.
Combat:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 pm

White Whisper breathed in deep, letting the cigarette smoke waft through his cavernous...

...frick. He inhaled, the smoke went in, he felt slightly less panicked and nervous. Slightly.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Bronymous wrote:The twins keep going- noise doesn't scare them. They pick their way up, over and around the debris.
Finding a regular pattern lets the twins easily climb over the rubble and to the other side, letting the "explosions" propel them. On the other side of the rubble they see a red earth pony covered in soot with an unkempt white mane and tail, also with soot in them. He seems to be muttering to himself and throwing explosives at the rubble to little effect.

Two of the jackets laugh and collapse to the ground, while the third remains floating as another box heads for Maverick.

3 damage to Maverick (factored in Roar of Challenge).
Spooks 1 and 2 cannot be targeted by single-target attacks; single-target utilities and multi-target attacks work fine.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 pm

The Twins look at the odd pony for a moment, backing away from the impending explosion. "Excuse me, is this the way out?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 pm

"Ugh." With a small groan, Rhinestone stood up again and tore into the ground with her shovel, building up a small fort of earth around her.

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next