Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 6 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Sunset Stroll finishes his first cup of tea and picks up the second one. "You're welcome to come into the apartment at any time, especially if you want to fix up a snack, but I'd like to request that you don't go upstairs without me around." He sips the second cup of tea, then contemplates it in an air of mild dismay. He swirls it for a minute, blows on it, then sets it back down.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:07 pm

"Nice to meet you Pepper Cheer, and you Glitter Wings." Storm said quitely, talking first to the earth pony filly, then to the butterfly, before looking sideways at Pepper Cheer and going on to say. "And Sunsprinkle doesn't bother me, I know what I can do."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 pm

mjh6 wrote:One of the advantages of having a pink coat was that it was much harder to tell when she was blushing. She opened the door for her aunt, saying, " Uh...no. Haven't really been doing much actually. I fixed a hair dryer for Lustrous Ivy."

Birthday giggled, stepping into the diner. "Well, all in good time, I suppose. How's your, eh..." A cough. "What's Winter up to these days?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Summer briefly consider asking him, but no. He didn't like it when she bothered him at school for unimportant things. "He's fine, mostly. I think he's gotten more used to school, but he's still working on catching up to the rest of the class. As far as making friends goes, he mostly keeps to himself." Probably inherited that from her, Summer though guiltily. She had always been too busy studying to be more than casual friends with anone.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu May 01, 2014 9:13 am

sunbeam wrote:Sunset Stroll finishes his first cup of tea and picks up the second one. "You're welcome to come into the apartment at any time, especially if you want to fix up a snack, but I'd like to request that you don't go upstairs without me around." He sips the second cup of tea, then contemplates it in an air of mild dismay. He swirls it for a minute, blows on it, then sets it back down.

"Wouldn't dream of it," she said, wondering if he had just subtly tried to invite her to dinner. "Most likely I'll just start keeping my own snacks down here somewhere, though."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu May 01, 2014 1:55 pm

"Do you really have such specific snack preferences? I keep a well-stocked pantry."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu May 01, 2014 6:50 pm

"No. I just don't want to count on you being around if I decide I do need a snack and they're all in your apartment. Although," she stopped and scratched the back of her head against a counter briefly. "I do have some peculiar tastes. Why?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu May 01, 2014 7:15 pm

[quote="ZamuelNow"]"Just...be safe while you're there." Fluffy Crust cheered. "Don't worry, Glorious. I know how to get to the hospital really fast now."  Fluffy Crust led Fairy Charmer to a dilapidated cottage at the end of town.  The smell of apple pie wafted outside and lingered in the air.  "Hopefully things will go better than usual but come in."  Fairy Charmer could hear a definitive crack of the ceiling above her as she stepped in the door.

OOC:

Spoiler:

A crack, and this one wasn't her back protesting. Her legs were though, as she sprang back out in front of the house almost at once, in time to avoid...whatever.

Fairy blinked, then turned her gaze to Fluffy.
"My dear, this? Is not encouraging."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu May 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Sunset Stroll picked up the second cup of tea again and took a careful sip before smiling and taking a hearty swig. "No particular reason. If you'd care to bring over your more exotic foods, I might be able to help you find more local suppliers. I always do like trying new foods." He finishes his second cup of tea and turns to Bitter Medicine. "Do you think Marvel needs a crash course on what she'll be doing at the event?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 02, 2014 2:49 am

Fairy Charmer narrowly dodged a large chunk of ceiling that fell to the floor. "It missed!  This is going better than usual."  On the table was a teapot with an almost pearl-like metal finish, two plates, and a pie.  Using her magic, Fluffy Crust cut and served a slice.  When Fairy Charmer first tasted it, it seemed like just an apple pie.  Then, the flavor started to slowly set in.  It was good...abnormally so.  In fact, the flavor was downright sensuous.  And it was more nourishing than such a thing would usually be. "Too sweet?  Not sweet enough?"

"He doesn't?  That's good.  Where are you from?"

A shout came from Bitter Medicin's quarters. "Basic medical duty.  If somepony's dying, they need to not be.  With her prior work experience, it should be well within her capabilities."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 am

mjh6 wrote:Summer briefly consider asking him, but no. He didn't like it when she bothered him at school for unimportant things. "He's fine, mostly. I think he's gotten more used to school, but he's still working on catching up to the rest of the class. As far as making friends goes, he mostly keeps to himself." Probably inherited that from her, Summer though guiltily. She had always been too busy studying to be more than casual friends with anone.

"Well, I'm sure he'll find his horseshoes to fill soon enough - everypony needs something different, after all," Birthday said, attempting to speak to Summer without actually speaking at her. It was a difficult trick, but most well-meaning aunts picked it up sooner or later. That all settled, Birthday Cake launched with practiced aplomb (practiced hours in front of a mirror in her younger days but that was neither here nor there) into a practiced routine she'd done with Summer a dozen times before. "Now, then sugar, I'm feeling a mite peckish, so! What would you recommend I sample today?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 02, 2014 1:11 pm

"The cloud district of a village called Pegabersus. Quite similar to here, only it had more cloud-houses and was situated at a river."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Summer giggled very unprofessionally."Oh, we have so many great dishes. It's so hard to decide. Why don't I ask the chef, and surprise you?" Summer led her aunt to a table, and quickly told her dad who was here. Once that was taken care of, and after quickly making sure there wasn't anyone needing help, went to join her aunt. "So how are things going with you at the Party? And don't say I don't want to hear, cause I do. Something worth complaining about is something I want to hear.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun May 04, 2014 1:40 am

"Oh, well," Birthday began a bit hesitantly. Venting to her friends was one thing, but to her niece? Hmm, it wasn't to her taste, put it that way. Put it another, and it just seemed like a bad road to head down - mares were impressionable at her age. Or she was just being paranoid. One of the two. "Business offers haven't stopped, let's just leave it at that...and they haven't gotten any less rude, before you ask. Why just today..."

She clucked her tongue at herself, looking at the ceiling. Tantrum successfully headed off. "Well, I went into that, we'd be here all day, wouldn't we, sugar?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun May 04, 2014 1:52 am

ZamuelNow wrote:A shout came from Bitter Medicin's quarters. "Basic medical duty.  If somepony's dying, they need to not be.  With her prior work experience, it should be well within her capabilities."

"...Indeed. How did that get brought up? Just for grins though," she said, giving the stallion a curious, sideways sort of look. "Let's see just how well stocked it is. Do you have strawberries? How about cheese dip? If you have those two things, you really are loaded for bear. Oh, and bring them down of course, please."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 04, 2014 3:25 pm

"Well, strawberries are a given. I just got in my first order of the harvest season. As for cheese dip..." Sunset Stroll disappears into the apartment to rifle through a refrigerator. He lists his findings at high volume: "Avocado dip...guacamole...sour cream...chips and salsa, flour, brown sugar, but no cheese dip, from the looks of it. But..." He returns to the clinic with a tub of strawberries and a grin. "I do, however, have the right ingredients for cheese sauce. It's designed to go with a broccoli recipe, but it would probably go well with these strawberries. The sauce even stores well, as long as its refrigerated." He opens the tub and picks up a large strawberry before sipping his third cup of mint tea. "So where did these esoteric tastes of yours come from?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun May 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Marvel searched her mind. How did she come to like stawberries and cheese? "I don't know," she replied after a moment. She reached out and pulled the tub of strawberries into lip range before nimbly flipping a few into her mouth from her bottom teeth. "My father still doesn't know how I do that without telekinesis. I guess that might be part of it."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon May 05, 2014 12:37 am

"Hm. Any other combinations I should know about? Also, would you like some of the cheese sauce? On it's own, it would only take a few minutes to make. And as I said, we can keep any excess for next time." Sunset Stroll asks, finishing his third cup of tea and beginning to munch on his strawberry.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon May 05, 2014 1:36 am

Summer felt a twinge of sadness. She could tell anything to Aunt Birthday, but when it came to her own problems, she always clammed up. But they were, after all, Aunt Birthday's problems and her choice who to tell things to. "So, have you heard about the athletic competition coming up? Light Burst was just in handing out fliers." Summer asked, changing the subject for Aunt Birthday.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 05, 2014 9:09 am

"I'll let you know when I think of them. And yes please."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon May 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Sunset Stroll heads back to the kitchen and gathers milk, butter, salt, and some shredded cheese. He turns on a stove burner and adds the butter to a saucepan before rifling through a cupboard for a good storage container.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 5:05 pm

mjh6 wrote:Summer felt a twinge of sadness. She could tell anything to Aunt Birthday, but when it came to her own problems, she always clammed up. But they were, after all, Aunt Birthday's problems and her choice who to tell things to. "So, have you heard about the athletic competition coming up? Light Burst was just in handing out fliers." Summer asked, changing the subject for Aunt Birthday.

"Mmm, only vague things,"
Birthday intoned. "I've never been one much for sports, myself...unless, of course, you or the little one's planning to compete? Why, if that's the case, you can call me head cheerleader! Goooo team!"

Summer was the one pony - well, two now - that Birthday could never really be mad at. In fact, Summer was one of only two ponies that could always brighten up a bad day. Birthday hoped she understood that - but she also knew it'd be a little awkward for the "young'un" to come out and say it straight-up. Bakers knew all about the bad things that could happen when one adds too much cheese to the mix, after all.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon May 05, 2014 10:15 pm

"No, as far as I know, neither of us is competing," Summer forced herself to not laugh at the idea of Winter competing in one of the big events. It really wasn't that funny. "It's just a bit odd. Some corporation is sponsoring this one. You ever here of Treasured Abode ? I think that's what it's called.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 10:57 pm

"Treasured Abode? Why, no, I don't think I have-"

The oven timer went off.

"...beg your pardon, dearie. I haven't heard of them, no, but I think I might just have met the company owner earlier today."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon May 05, 2014 11:10 pm

"Really? And..."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down