Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 7 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue May 06, 2014 12:52 am

"The Party is not now and never shall be affiliated with their company." Birthday snorted. "Not so long as their head honcho or anyone related thereof is such an unfriendly, presumptuous, no-good, down low..."

Birthday blushed. With her green fur, it vaguely looked like roses blooming on her face."Ahem. At any rate, if you see anypony round town named...what was it, Treasure Map? Don't take her up on any offers."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue May 06, 2014 1:11 am

"Right, no dealing with this Treasured Pony. Not that I have anything that a company would want to buy but..." Summer suddenly thought of the diner. Her family had owned it for as long as she could remember. "I'm sure Mom and Dad would be as happy to sell the diner as you would The Party."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue May 06, 2014 4:09 pm

"Quite right," Birthday responded, affecting a Manehattan accent (poorly) for the purposes of amusement. "Oh, what am I doing? Maybe fifteen minutes left of my break and I haven't even ordered yet! Oh, I'll take, hmm..." Something fast that she could take to go. "I'll take a hayburger, no fries, a carry-out box, and do apologize to your folks that I couldn't stay around longer?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed May 07, 2014 6:45 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Fairy Charmer narrowly dodged a large chunk of ceiling that fell to the floor. "It missed!  This is going better than usual."  On the table was a teapot with an almost pearl-like metal finish, two plates, and a pie.  Using her magic, Fluffy Crust cut and served a slice.  When Fairy Charmer first tasted it, it seemed like just an apple pie.  Then, the flavor started to slowly set in.  It was good...abnormally so.  In fact, the flavor was downright sensuous.  And it was more nourishing than such a thing would usually be. "Too sweet?  Not sweet enough?"[/font][/color]

"That would depend on how sweet you intended for it to be, wouldn't it?" The unicorn raised an eyebrow, and smiled slightly.

"It's... good," she suggested, trying to cover up her uncertainty. Fairy had become accustomed to pony food, since people noticed if you never seemed to eat anything, but she was also more than aware that her palette was... undeveloped. However sweet an apple pie was, it wouldn't compare even to the happy enthusiasm radiating from Fluffy.

"I really like it's...crust."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed May 07, 2014 11:07 am

"Oh, yes! I'll go tell Dad." Summer hurriedly went and gave her Dad the order. Returning to the table, she asked "So how long do you have until you need to get back?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Marvel yawned as she waited for cheese sauce. She saw Midnight Clover out of the corner of her eye, and turned to face him.

"...So," she started, attempting to break the silence. "You said you were the acting mayor. I really must wonder, who and where is the normal mayor?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed May 07, 2014 6:37 pm

"Just wanted to get your opinion.  Different ponies have different tastes and all.  I mean, I wouldn't invite Bitter Medicin to a taste test.  Glorious is a decent cook but I hadn't figured out what all you like.  So you might be a neutral enough pick.  What is your favorite food anyways?"

"Cloud houses always look so nice in the pictures.  The pegasi here just live in regular houses.  Always wondered what it's like to fly."

Midnight Clover gave a proud smile.  "Oh...my wife, Sun Rush, is the mayor.  She's out traveling at the moment."

Suddenly, a familiar voi..."Hhiiiiiiiiiiiiii Birthday Cake!  Was looking for you when I saw you weren't in the bakery.  Mind if I hang some flyers?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:"Just wanted to get your opinion.  Different ponies have different tastes and all.  I mean, I wouldn't invite Bitter Medicin to a taste test.  Glorious is a decent cook but I hadn't figured out what all you like.  So you might be a neutral enough pick.  What is your favorite food anyways?"

Careful, careful, careful, careful...

"My favourite? You know, I've never really thought about that. I'm a bit picky in my eating habits, but I tend to just stick with what makes me feel good. Honestly, sometimes ?I have a bit habit of just gorging myself on sweets... What about yourself?"

She spoke quickly, trying to slide past the question while making a note for later:
Find favourite food.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed May 07, 2014 6:49 pm

mjh6 wrote:"Oh, yes! I'll go tell Dad." Summer hurriedly went and gave her Dad the order. Returning to the table, she asked "So how long do you have until you need to get back?"

"I'd reckon about eight minutes at this point," Birthday said. "Oh, that's probably too short a time, isn't it? I mean, I know hayburgers can be cooked quickly, but I haven't heard anything about that being a reliable figure..."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

" I guess it does vary, but Dad knows- Oh hi, Light Burst! Do you want to hang up fliers here, or at the Party? Or both?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Fluffy Crust could barely contain her joy. "ZAP APPLES! Such a wonderful flavor and so...exciting!  How I got my cutie mark.  I mixed in some with the regular apples in this pie and I'm trying to figure out the right combo.  You missed the last harvest so it's really good you got to try this!"  Viewing Fluffy Crust's boundless enthusiasm, Fairy Charmer realized that oddly, she was already full.

"There's no Party like Birthday's Party.  Had a crater outside, so I guess you made some customer really happy."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Addendum: stick with Fluffy at Harvest time. The idea practically made her salivate.

"Oh, zap apples? Is that what this is?" she replied, forcing another piece down her throat.
"I've never had them before but...oh dear." She gave a nervous laugh. "I just don't think I could take another bite."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 09, 2014 10:22 am

"Rather liberating I would say, being able move easily in all directions, and not just stuck on the ground."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 am

"Traveling? I wonder... No, probably not. Out of curiosity, when will she be back?"

((Incidentally, does Marvel know how long Bad Luck's thing is going to take?))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 10, 2014 1:11 am

Birthday looked over, blinking. She'd...oh, my, she'd missed poor Light Burst entirely! Best not to let that on, for their sake. "Well, if it is the bakery, then I'm certainly not opposed to a flier or two - providing I know what they're for, of course!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Fluffy Crust happily smiled. "Well, more for me.  Guess I should let you go. Thanks for your help!"  Another crack could be heard from the ceiling.

OOC:

"I...I wouldn't call it being stuck."  "Break's over! Everypony back to class!"

Marvel remembered that Bad Luck had been vague on just how long he would be absent.  "She comes and goes.  Hopefully she'll be back soon."

"The flyers will be for next week's big event.  Got a few here if you want to look at them.  Oh, and I saw a broken oven next to The Party.  Souffle explode or something?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun May 11, 2014 4:32 pm

"Light Burst, nice to see you again. I was just wondering, I've lived in this town so long, but I never really thought about how you sign up for events like this. Summer had always kept to her self studying for so long, and never really talked to anypony. But maybe it was time she tried. Aunt Birthday and that new girl unicorn had put that in her mind, and maybe she could start by winning an apple toss or two.

Winter snapped his spelling book shut. Despite appearances, he hadn't gotten much studying done after all. He really hoped there wouldn't be a pop quiz in spelling today.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon May 12, 2014 11:31 am

"Well, for a pegasus, being grounded would be being stuck." Storm said, speaking from experience even as he got back to his hooves, saying. "Anyway, time to get back to class."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Fluffy Crust happily smiled. "Well, more for me.  Guess I should let you go. Thanks for your help!"  Another crack could be heard from the ceiling.

OOC:

"Don't feel rushed on my account dear," Fairy replied with a short, bright laugh. She spared a quick glance to the ceiling, but her attention was almost completely fixed on Fluffy.

"I might not be in a mood for food, but I always enjoy good company- and, just as a secret between us? I could use a break from gardening. In either case, I hope the pie is sweet enough to your satisfaction. Enjo-"

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 pm

mjh6 wrote:"Light Burst, nice to see you again. I was just wondering, I've lived in this town so long, but I never really thought about how you sign up for events like this. Summer had always kept to her self studying for so long, and never really talked to anypony. But maybe it was time she tried. Aunt Birthday and that new girl unicorn had put that in her mind, and maybe she could start by winning an apple toss or two.

Birthday raised an eyebrow as she took the flier. "Oh, well now I have to come to this event, don't I?" she smiled as she moved her eyes back, looking the flier over. "Well, here's hoping certain ponies don't go showing up."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 12, 2014 7:41 pm

"Hmm... Is that so... it couldn't be... Could it? No, probably not. I wonder where that cheese sauce is," she said more out loud than to Midnight Clover.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon May 12, 2014 8:28 pm

"Right here, right here," Sunset Stroll says as he returns to the clinic with a steaming bowl of cheese sauce. "This is a little less viscous than cheese dip, so you won't be able to get too much on a strawberry. Now tell me, where are you from?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 pm

A large chunk of ceiling crashed down on Fairy Charmer, knocking her out cold.

As Sunset Stroll walked back to the front, suddenly Fluffy Crust appeared in the lobby in a teleport that smelled like burnt honey.  She sighed, then gave him The Look. "Fairy Charmer this time.  Things were going so well, too." "I really wish I knew why your house was like that."

As Apple Bright got the rest of the class started on a pop quiz for spelling, she pulled aside Storm as they spoke in the hallway.  She handed him a photo of a green apple with white markings like a cobra's hood. "Don't know if the mayor spoke to your parents or not but I wanted to make sure you got this.  This is a Venin Apple.  They're native to the area but poisonous to eat.  I wanted you to know since I'd hate for anything to happen to any of my students."

"I always hope everypony shows up.  The sign up sheets for events are usually in the barn if Glorious Morning doesn't need extra space."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Marvel wasted no time in taking over the emergency. "Well, since you couldn't be bothered to bring her with you using that fancy teleport! Make yourself useful, go find a couple of bored looking stallions and tell them they get to pull an ambulance today. Sunset!" she whirled around at her fellow medic. "Get a broken bone kit. Bring stuff for bleeding too, just in case. And maybe that rainbow apple thing," she instructed, not sure of how to refer to the Zap Apples. She grabbed a stretcher, feeling oddly paranoid; typically an ambulance wagon had all of these things at the ready. She darted outside, fully expecting to see an ambulance wagon parked outside, perhaps to the side of the building out of the way...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 13, 2014 1:15 am

"If you want to try dragging someone with a broken limb across another plane, you're welcome to. It's all in the ambulance already, and the two of us should be enough to get it there. Midnight Clover, Good Day. Help yourself to the Strawberries and cheese sauce." Sunset Stroll exits out the back entrance as Marvel leaves the front, and comes up to the main street hitched up and hauling an old but solid cart made of faded wood and tough nails, its inside lined with padded boxes for seats and storage. The centerpiece of the inside of the wagon was a solid block of wood about 3 feet longer than a pony, covered by a thin cushion and a clean linen sheet. Each side of the wagon had a mildly skilled painting depicting an odd symbol, a simple blue compass rose with a red heart in the middle. The paint was many year younger than the cart itself, but the wooden panels still fit together snugly, and wheels were firmly attached to the cart. "We'll grab some stallions once we've gotten there, for the trip back. A few live nearby Fluffy Crust's cottage. Now come on, hitch in!"

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next