Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 18 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  Crystalite Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:19 pm

"I can understand that," Marvel replied as she put the last thing down. "Well, that appears to be all of it... Shall we take the cart back?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:41 pm

"Alrighty then, class!" Birthday spoke above the crowd as best as possible, "We'd better get a move-on here; we don't have all day, after all, and there's we've got a lot baking to do! Follow me back to the kitchen and I can start showing you all exactly what goes on here at The Party on a day-to-day basis!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:17 pm

"How about I do that while you work on putting these tools away," Fairy suggested. As... enjoyable as the banter was, it just made her feel more hungry. The appreciation that would radiate from Morning upon her carts return would be a nice mid-day meal... made nicer without Marvels cynicism and suspicion hovering just to one side.

Not that that would do as a reason for the pony herself, of course.
"No offence, my dear, it's just... well." She looked, rather pointedly, at the spot where her cloak covered her cutie mark. "Morning is a dear friend and... oh. There is no way to not be rude with this, is there? Quite frankly, between the triplets, the window at the Party, and even my own misfortune incident, I can't help but think that your cutie mark might be a black cat or a broken mirror. I'm not blaming you, of course! it's just that I would hate something to happen to Morning. You understand, don't you?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Marvel tried very hard not to betray her feelings. Fairy Charmer had struck awfully close to home, and she felt both frightened and insecure. Not only was her talent making itself known (which it wasn't supposed to do) but this unicorn was obsevrant enough to notice the pattern.

Well, no point in trying to hide it further. But then, she didn't want to just flaunt it in the middle of town, either...

"Is there somewhere... Secluded, out of the way, that we might go? I want to show you something, but I don't want anypony else around."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Fairy raised an eyebrow with sudden curiosity.

"Why don't we step inside then? This is where your staying isn't it? I'm guessing that there won't be any... previous tenants still on the premises, will there?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:57 pm

"No tenants. But indoors is bad for... It's own reasons that you'll see soon enough."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:12 am

"... Ms Fortune, did you just imply that you and I should hide in nearby bushes so you can 'show me something'? Something on your flank, no less?"

Despite herself, Fairy began chuckling, placing a hoof on her face.

"I'm flattered but not, I have to say, surprised," she added with grandiose, self- mocking pomp. "I do tend to have that effect on ponies, though I think I need to rebuff your advances. It isn't anything personal, I'm just not looking for a special somepony right now."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:06 am

"Wha- No!" Marvel snapped indignantly. "A, not nearby! B, I am straight as a ruler, thank you! And... Look, I know I'm being somewhat of a plothole over it, but I need someone else in the know but I can't just tell you, I just can't! Please. Just humor me, let me show you."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:22 pm

"Well, if it's that important to you... Hmm." she nodded discreetly to an out of the way area.

"Honestly, Ivy is the only pony likely to be hanging around, but I'm sure there's somewhere private around here..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 pm

"I guess we could try the backyard, and pray the house is still standing afterwords..."

Marvel turned and headed towards the fenced yard, not looking to see if Fairy Charmer was watching...

Last edited by Crystalite on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Ms Fortune, I don't mean to be rude, but really... don't you think you're being a little dramatic?"

Fairy raised an eyebrow as she stepped towards the yard, the only concession to the fact it was a drama mare who thought she was overreacting.

"I mean, you've been walking around with it already, haven't you? Out of sight out of mind doesn't necessarily correspond to real life, after all."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:26 pm

"Out of sight, maybe. Never out of mind," she responded, having reach the yard with Fairy Charmer.

Marvelous Misfortune closed her eyes, taking a deep breath in, and out. A chill wind started to form around them as she deliberately fought the mental block, forcing it enough to allow her talent to do what it could...

Chaos:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Summer watched Moonlight leave, before heading off to The Party. She needed to discuss everything that happened and warn her Aunt at the same time.

Winter quietly followed the group into the kitchen, still munching on his cookie.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:08 pm

OOC The Party:

The children had a varied mix of enthusiasm for Birthday Cake's cheerful explanation of how her business was run.  Upon conclusion, Apple Bright gathered the student and carted them back to school.  However, this was merely so they could get their belongings since the school day was over.

Everything went silent but nothing happened.  Or it was nothing until a sinkhole opened up under Fairy Charmer and Marvelous Misfortune.  It was a forty foot drop but the fall was broken by something soft.  Turns out it was a patch of pink sparkleberries.  Fairly rare, their most defining traits were that they had a rubber like skin, they glowed, and that they stained.  Fairy once had the unfortunate discovery that they even retained their glowing stain through her changeling transformations.  Even worse, these had fermented so they were mildly pungent and leaving the two somewhat drunk and dizzy.  The berries lit the path of a long tunnel leading...somewhere.  If only the duo was sober enough to travel down it.

OOC Fairy Charmer and Marvelous Misfortune:

"Well, I am wondering where Marvelous Misfortune is.  I would have thought your coworker would have the decency to check in by now."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 pm

"If Midnight Clover ever told you her adress, I can try to find her. Will she be taking the night shift?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:00 pm

((Result: 1d20 [13] + Endurance [8] = 21))

((On the off-chance that Fairy fails her roll, can I attempt a Heal check to fix it?))

Marvel struggled to her feet, wrinkling her nose at the fruits she had landed in, was standing in, and was now covered in.

"...Why did I agree to this again?" she asked her unicorn friend, reaching to help Fairy Charmer stand...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Spoiler:

She needed the help. The green unicorns legs suddenly felt quite... woozy. So did her head, come to think of it. She blinked, a little cross eyed, swaying as she inhaled the strong scent.

"Oh, now... 'Mit, not what I expected."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 am

"...Yeah. It never is. That's basically my talent; bad luck and unnatural disasters. Like this. This'll be hard to explain..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:08 am

"Right. Nat'ral disasters." Fairy repeated, narrowing her eyes and trying to focus on Marvel. The unicorn looked down, seeming to the realise for the first time what she was standing in.

"Sparkle berries? These'll leave astain!" she whined, falling forwards and landing, muzzle first, in the patch.
"...Might be lit'tipsy..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Marvel looked down with a deadpan. "Don't you think we have bigger issues than stains right now?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:09 pm

"Oh, sure," Fairy replied. "You would say that wouldn't you, I'll' miss travel pony."

She rose to her hooves, and stared at a Marvel. Both the Marvels.
"'F we've got such prob'lems, why're you jus' stand in' there, huh?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 pm

"Because I'm still trying to figure out a way out of this forty-foot pit? I'd love to just sprout wings and fly, but I don't think it's an option," she said, looking down the tunnel...

"Where do you suppose that way goes?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 am

Bitter Medicin pulled out a sheet of paper, "Here's the address. And yes, it would be in her best interest to take the night shift."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:32 am

"I'll be off, then." Sunset Stroll says, heading outside at a more purposeful pace than usual.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:36 am

"H'w should I know? 'Sunder your hi- house."

She took an unsteady step in the direction of the tunnel. If Marvel thought to bait her with that wings comment, she was going to be severely disappointed!
Dimly, Fairy realised she was being more aggressive than usual... if nothing else, she was heading down that tunnel rather than letting Marvel go first.

On the other hoof, she was also very, very drunk, and already in a bad mood with Marvel. So a bit of aggression seemed completely justified.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next