Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 4 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Opening things up and giving a careful examination, Summer found that a wire had apparently been chewed through.  It led to a nearby plate that had a spinning crystal hovering over it.  However, the crystal was off center.

Summer Wishes OOC:

Midnight Clover gave a knowing chuckle.  "Well, renting certainly isn't ownership.  And it doesn't give her any possession over the clin..."  "She can have it over my dead body.  And I've done a pretty good job of not dying.  You will wait for her here, assuming she doesn't wind up late."

The trio looked at each other, then they hooked themselves up to the wagon.  Following Marvel's command, they took her to 23 Redhill Lane without uttering a word.

With the calamity over, Birthday Cake found it was now time for her break.  It's a beautiful day outside...though the damaged stove still sits in front of her store.

One neon yellow pegasus colt with neon green hair immediately replied to Storm's question.  "My name is Sunsprinkle and I'm the best in the class."  The other foals rolled their eyes at the comment.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Fairy kept a strong trot on her way back to the field. Despite the added weight of the dinner order, she didn't hurt as much as before; in fact she didn't recognise her weariness at all. Her mind was turning over the events at the party bakery, and the identity of the new arrival.

Marvelous Misfortune. Hmm. New ponies weren't uncommon, but still... Fairy Charmer couldn't help but be a little curious about who she was, and what she wanted with Bitter Medecin.

Oh well; thoughts for later. For now, though...
"Oh youhoo!" She waved cheerfully as she approached the farmstead, a measure of half-confidence, half-embarrassment.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:09 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Midnight Clover gave a knowing chuckle.  "Well, renting certainly isn't ownership.  And it doesn't give her any possession over the clin..."  "She can have it over my dead body.  And I've done a pretty good job of not dying.  You will wait for her here, assuming she doesn't wind up late."

"I'm just still trying to sort out how this town works, Bitter Medicin. Is she not late already?" Sunset Stroll asks, stretching a little bit before sitting back down, smiling quietly.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:33 pm

After looking on the scene for a few moments, Birthday Cake sighed, like silk. Or maybe just wool, but a very soft wool. Whatever the fabric, it didn't change the fact that it was finally time for her break, it was a beautiful day...and there was still something she needed to do.

Catching up to Marvelous wasn't that difficult - Birthday may not have been in the prime of her youth, but she certainly wasn't out of shape (despite the pastries). "Pardon me for the intrusion, and I do so hate to be off-puttin' to somepony so new in town, but..." A deep breath inwards. That's right; new in town. She had no idea who these ponies were, so how could she lambaste those poor pegasus ponies like that? "But don't y'all think that was just a bit much?"

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Summer was getting annoyed by all this buzzing and briefly considered conjuring something to help deal with it, but decided not to. She knew a spell that could fix anything, and it wouldn't take long to cast.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 pm

"The best in class are you Sunsparkle?" Storm said, with a calm smile on his face even as he sized this colt up carefully, remembering his lessons with his dad. He wasn't looking for a fight, but he was prepared for one, just in case. "The best at everything? Every subject they teach in class and every physical activity, you say your the best at?"

Skill Checks:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Winter Dream shifted uneasily in his spot. The new kid clearly could handle himself- maybe a bit too well. A fight wouldn't be good for anypony at this point. He picked up his book,and causally strolled towards the teacher, ready to inform her if things went wrong.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 am

As the wires were repaired, the crystal re-centered itself and the sound started to die down to a pleasantly subtle chime.  "Simply marvelous, darling.  I certainly owe you a free mane cut or three.  That something you picked up at the academy or learn on your own?"

"A small amount of flexibility will be allowed on the first day solely because she's a newcomer.  However, I expect a full explanation and I will not tolerate this happening again in the future.  As for supplies, we should be well stocked.  The primary need at the moment is more hooves at work."

The colt got louder and walked closer.  "I might not have the highest scores in a few classes but I'm good enough in all of them.  What about you?  You don't look like your parents taught you to be good at anything."

Followup to the Nat 20:

Glorious Morning smiled with the warmth of the morning sun, immediately greeting Fairy Charmer as she got near the barn.  "I was wondering what was keeping you.  But all is well as long as you're fine.  And I do smell the delightful order from the town's very happy Birthday."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:22 am

"Actually my parents are retired guards and have been teaching me what exactly it means to be a guard." Storm said, a little surprised that it wasn't just his class, but the entire school... was there really only one class? Did that mean they were of mixed ages? Either way, that didn't mean much right now, the blue colt standing his ground as he approached. "How to asses a situation, to know the risks one might present, reacting quickly to a threat, getting ponies to calm down and give you the information you need, physical training in order to be swift and strong... how to fight, and more importantly, when to fight."

Presence:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 am

Summer smiled. Good thing it worked. She had never been brilliant at using that particular spell, much less when she had horrible magical interference and that awful noise distracting her. What she said, however, was "Oh, you learn a lot of things at the Academy."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:48 pm

"So are the three of us just going to sit here and wait for her, then? I could brew some tea, now that you're back." Sunset Stroll comments, surreptitiously wiping bread crumbs off the counter.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:After looking on the scene for a few moments, Birthday Cake sighed, like silk. Or maybe just wool, but a very soft wool. Whatever the fabric, it didn't change the fact that it was finally time for her break, it was a beautiful day...and there was still something she needed to do.

Catching up to Marvelous wasn't that difficult - Birthday may not have been in the prime of her youth, but she certainly wasn't out of shape (despite the pastries). "Pardon me for the intrusion, and I do so hate to be off-puttin' to somepony so new in town, but..." A deep breath inwards. That's right; new in town. She had no idea who these ponies were, so how could she lambaste those poor pegasus ponies like that? "But don't y'all think that was just a bit much?"

Marvel lifted her head as the wagon rolled to see Birthday. "No. Why?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:19 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:

Glorious Morning smiled with the warmth of the morning sun, immediately greeting Fairy Charmer as she got near the barn.  "I was wondering what was keeping you.  But all is well as long as you're fine.  And I do smell the delightful order from the town's very happy Birthday."

"Yeeees, sorry about that,"Fairy replied, stamping her hooves nervously. "It's just been quite a while since I last spoke with ms Cake, and then, well..."

She paused, kneeling on the grass to drop the bags of food.
"Well, she might be a bit conscious of it... but there's a new mare in town. She stopped in for some directions, and one thing led to another and, well, you know how it goes my dear."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 pm

"Forgive me for prying but...with how talented you are, how come you came back here when you finished at the Academy?  Don't get me wrong darling, it's wonderful that you're here but I thought you were always destined for something bigger than this quiet little town."

"Yes, we will wait here, you included Midnight.  I have no interest in tea but I won't stop you from fixing some."  Midnight Clover shook his head with a weary chuckle and then sat back down.

Sunsprinkle was about to say something else but was then stopped by Apple Bright.  She had moved...surprisingly fast.  "Sunsprinkle, I'll not have you giving the newcomer a hard time.  For the rest of break, you'll help me count ants.  Storm, don't instigate.  Not an accusation, you didn't seem to be doing anything, but don't let things build up."  As the teacher walked back over where she was, the small crowd dispersed.

Glorious Morning continued to ooze raw kindness along with newfound curiosity.  "A newcomer?  My my, what is she like?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Sunset Stroll returns to the residential side of the building and turns on the stove, then fills a kettle with water and places it atop a burner. After rummaging in a cabinet for a moment, he produces a package of mint tea bags, and walks back into the clinic. "Midnight Clover, are you going to be having any tea? The only kind we have is mint, I should warn you."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:25 am

Summer managed to avoid freezing up this time. Guess she had told the story enough times it was becoming automatic. "Oh, after what happened with Winter, I decided to come back for a bit, to help Winter settle in, and help Mom and Dad too. Plus it was good for me to take some time to really understand what I want to do with my power." A few hundred more times, and maybe she'd believe it too.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Winter Dream, relieved at the fight being averted, but wishing he had been able to help, went back to his reading. He really did need to study.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:39 am

Crystalite wrote:Marvel lifted her head as the wagon rolled to see Birthday. "No. Why?"

Birthday, in turn, frowned before making her way up in front of Marvel and turning around backwards as she walked in front of her. "Because, sugar," Birthday said, a bit testily, "Being stern with ponies is one thing and threatening them is decidedly another! Now, there are a lot of things in this world I can tolerate, some times better than others, but I won't have anypony, I mean anypony, come in and threaten the ponies I care about." A slight narrowing of the eyes - one wrong phrase on either mare's part and Birthday was going to blow her nigh-proverbial stack. "Now, I do beg your pardon for the presumption, but the way you phrased your request it sounded like a threat to me? Oh, it better not have been."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 am

Marvel rubbed her temples. This was not at all how she wanted things to go... She hopped off as the wagon rolled to a stop in front of her house. She glanced around to see that the Glow triplets weren't listening.

"I'm sorry. Maybe you're right. I have a... certain ability, that I don't have complete control over. By theatening them with it now, I can be sure that they won't accidentally trigger it later. I don't want to hurt anypony... I just want to have a nice, quiet life. And the only way I can do that is to make absolutely sure nopony tries to hurt me... because then everyone suffers, more often than not."

Last edited by Crystalite on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer Nazi.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:49 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:[color=#339999]

Glorious Morning continued to ooze raw kindness along with newfound curiosity.  "A newcomer?  My my, what is she like?"

"Well, she seemed nice enough," Fairy answered airily. "We didn't have much of a chance to talk; we were-"

She hesitated for a moment, wondering how to phrase the triplets greetings.
"Interrupted. To be honest, I probably shouldn't be telling you this. She seemed like the sort of pony who keeps to herself. I just thought you ought to know, before you hear it anywhere else."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Crystalite wrote:"I'm sorry. Maybe you're right. I have a... certain ability, that I don't have complete control over. By theatening them with it now, I can be sure that they won't accidentally trigger it later. I don't want to hurt anypony... I just want to have a nice, quiet life. And the only way I can do that is to make absolutely sure nopony tries to hurt me... because then everyone suffers, more often than not."

Birthday's face, never quite hard, managed to soften - like a rising souffle. "Well, it sounds a bit...more than a bit...like you don't want me prying, so I won't ask what this power of yours might be, but..." She searched a moment for the right words. Not the right words. Something close, she hoped. "Land sakes, aren't you hurtin' them when you talk to 'em like that?"

No, that definitely wasn't it.

Birthday took a deep breath. "I apologize. I shouldn't come on so strong. It's just...I've been meeting a lot of not-so-nice ponies lately, and I mean a lot of them...so when you came into town and actually seemed nice..." She frowned. "I suppose I can't know exactly how bad off you might be or how bad off you make ponies, but...pushing them away hurts too. Hurts them, hurts you, hurts others. Especially when they're trying to help y-"

Then, as if to undercut this touching life-lesson, Birthday Cake tripped over a rock. Really, it was her own fault for walking backwards like that.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 pm

The earth pony face hoofed. Her talent just wouldn't give her a break today, would it? At least this time it was a little thing that she wouldn't be seeing Birthday Cake in the ER for.

"I need to get going," Marvel said, more to remind herself than the baker. "I need to get my stuff unloaded and go see Bitter Medicine," she explained as she helped Birthday to her feet.

"I'll see you later," she said, turning to investigate her new home...

((...I actually have no idea what to expect here. I would think Bad Luck would've told her before she left. And I heard some talk among other characters about a "new arrival" renting out a chunk of mansion!? I'm surprised more ponies around here don't already know him fairly personally. I bet Bitter Medicine does, though; I sincerely hope she makes a reference to his color scheme...))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Storm had to admit that Apple Bright's speed had caught him by surprise. By the way she was off by herself, counting ants, he thought she was a bit of an absent minded pony that didn't pay much attention to what was going on around her. However, he should of known otherwise. She was a teacher after all, so keeping track of what her students were doing was something that a teacher needed to be able to do. With a new respect for the mare, he nodded, saying. "Of course miss." Once the crowd began to go its way, Storm looked around, trying to find the quiet earth filly, hoping he could talk to her some more.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:41 pm

"Well, I thought that's something those fancy overpriced schools were supposed to help you with.  Helping you on your way I mean. You're certainly one of the most gifted unicorns in town, darling.  Be a shame to waste that."

"Mint's fine.  Ahem, unless I don't get a choice.  I thought I was the mayor here."  "You're acting mayor in your wife's absence." Midnight Clover simply gave Sunset Stroll a defeated shrug.

As the Glow Triplets helped Marvel unpack, she could see the home was small with sparse furnishings.  However, the newly painted walls, fresh vase of flowers, and well mopped floor showed that newcomers were meant to feel welcome.

The excursion took a small bit of her time but Birthday Cake still had some of her break left.  She could spot somepony walking in the distance.  She could also see Treasure Plan flying somewhere.

The filly wasn't hard for Storm to find at all since she seemed to be keeping separate from everypony else.  She sat quietly by one of the trees as she watched a butterfly.

Glorious Morning set out a picnic blanket and began arranging the food.  Several of the workers happily found places to sit.  "Good point on not prying, we'll meet soon enough.  Well, dig in.  Food won't eat itself."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:59 pm

"Sadly, Midnight Clover, you do not have a choice, because I am in no position to offer you one." Sunset Stroll says mildly, before returning to the kitchen to mind the kettle. "Do you want any tea, in this case?" He asks, raising his voice so that it can be heard through the doorway.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:24 pm

"Well I'm working on it. Still looking for something that I can really throw myself in" Summer had  long ago learned that being the most talented unicorn in a small town mostly populated by Earth Ponies wasn't a particularly grand achievement.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next