Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 17 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:36 pm

"If she wakes up we hit her again." Grease says, sounding a bit witty and a bit savage. "Actually, I do have something that might help." He says, blinking in surprise and shifting through his gearbox, feeling for a slight magnetic pull. He withdraws a bag of black crystals. "These eat unicorn magic. And me, if they get a chance." He says, pulling out a rubber glove and carefully picking a few crystals out of the bag. "I have no idea how this works." He comments, before pressing the crystals against Noir's horn.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 17 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Major Delight scoffed at Gearick's attempt at self deprecation, "You did save Ms. Blossom's life. However, this is a group effort. If one succeeds, we all do."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:38 am

Nightshade giggles energetically when sprayed with the bottle. At Anchor's request she happily jumps in the water kicks her legs around, does some splashes and a few spins underwater. She then climbs back out with a silly grin on her face. Her mane flat and straight because of how soaking wet it is. She shakes dry like a dog sending water droplets everywhere and is remarkably dry and fizzy after that. She pats down her coat then loads the basket with the mirrors she collected and hops in.

"She is not awaking up. We murdered her."

She said in a strangely cheerful voice.

"But if she does recover from death I guess one of us is going to have to eat her."

She shrugs.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 am

Grease rolls his eyes as he steps off the boat, into the water. Acrylic paint is waterproof when dry, fortunately. He floats in the water for a moment and comments "For the last time, this mare casually decapitates herself. She's not dead yet." He glance at the passageway and climbs back into the boat. "Anyways, we should probably catch up to Hector."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:25 am

A blank look came across Nightshade's face.

"It still bugs me that we didn't find the decoy device. If they activated it and discovered it as a decoy they would have discarded here and we would have found it. The entire place was only about four hallways. If they thought it was real why would they bring it all the way here to use it? It seems like who ever is in charge realized it was a decoy from the start, activated it to draw us out here then left this Noir effigy here to ambush us. What if this whole thing was just a cleverly played reverse decoy? Hmmm?"

Her head sharply turns and she stares at Grease's toolbox.

"Say, could I have some of those neat anti-magic black crystal thingies you used on Noir?"

She grins excitedly.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:39 pm

"...You have a point." Grease says, climbing back onto dry land. He makes a conscious decision not to acknowledge Nightshade's request for the crystals, given what had happened last time a unicorn had come anywhere near them. He stows the bag and glove in his gearbox, then continues, "You also have a magic mirror. Have a look around, see if we missed a giant monocle somewhere." He abruptly looks at the walls and sighs. "...I think we're surrounded by giant monocles. Still, you're right, we should do a more thorough search of this place. I still can't believe this wasn't a trap." He looks at Noir, then in the general direction of the underwater exit. "Anchors Away, if Noir comes to, buck her until she's unconscious again. Hector will probably burst out of the water convinced we've been ambushed in a few minutes, try not to let him cause too much damage, then point him in our direction." He considers for a moment. "At least the temple has a linear layout. We'll make our way up, then come back down." Remembering Nightshade's earlier comment, he adds "Keep looting to a minimum," cutting himself off instead of offering a qualifier to the statement.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Hector emerged on the opposite end of the tunnel, free of blood and relatively calm. He clambered onto the bank, shook himself dry, and sat down to wait. Anchors Away would be bringing the rest of the team in her basket soon, and the bank would be secure when they got there.

Aaaaany minute now...

((Giving you a slight "headstart" just because.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:53 am

"I am like a master of self restraint. I will only loot the essentials."

She says as she extends her fore leg in a gesture of confidence.

"Now... what else did I miss when I last looked at this thing?"

She pulled up one of the mirrors from the basket that she stored away earlier and scanned over it with her eyes.

No roll:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:13 pm

The symbols on the note Nightshade had found were oddly indecipherable.  There was a pattern but it wasn't from any sort of language she had seen before.  The note itself was covered in a subtle coating that made it more akin to wax paper.  Upon looking around the temple with the power of the magic mirrors, it was quite empty.  On the top floor was the stolen decoy lens.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:31 pm

rolls:

"I for one am quite thankful for your help old boy, getting hit by one of those magical blasts didn't seem like a very pleasant prospect to me.And I'm quite happy to find my talents have been of use here. Truthfully I was a bit doubtful as to how much good my skillset would be down here."

She says this as she takes a few steps forward to inspect the wand and its resting place.

"Though buck up old boy, if you're feeling underappreciated I suspect your time to shine will be here shortly. Those blasts seemed to come from up here I think, so I suspect the wand might be magically protected. I know a bit about magic theory myself but, it's certainly not my area of expertise."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:47 pm

While the wand itself is utterly oozing with magic, Ruby Blossom could not detect any traps, magical or otherwise, around the area.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 am

"Oh, hey, I found the decoy! ... and nothing worth looting. Be right back!"

She then scampers down the dark halls and scurries up the stairs all the way to the top floor. She picks up the decoy, tucks it away in her saddle bag and makes her way back to the others. Taking about several minutes round trip. She hops in the basket and secures her treasures.

"Got it, let's go!"

She points towards the exit in an excited manner.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:02 am

Grease looks at Nightshade for a moment, surprised at how simple that was, and how helpful Nightshade was being. Then he shrugged. No reason to question good fortune right now. "I can live with that." He says aloud, hopping into the basket.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 am

Nightshade plops down in the basket while waiting for the ride to begin she take out her grimoire and a quell then pulls out the pieces of paper from her mane and begins to write down the symbols on it's tattered pages. When she finishes a letter it seems to spring to life and skitters about the page before coming to rest in the proper order at the top of the page.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:05 am

Grease watches Nightshade's actions with mild interest. Gearick probably would've been fascinated, he noted quietly. He missed the unicorn, with his subtle arrogance and his rescue skills. "What's that for?" he asks Nightshade, unsure of how to frame the question clearly.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:22 am

Nightshade remains quite as she continues to write in the book. You gaze down at the book to see what she is writing but the pages seem a bit off. They seem strange as if they are displaced in some manner. You notice they seem to be as if they are vibrating yet they are still. You try to look at the page without be to obvious about it. But the more you look at it the harder it is to see it for some reason. You're fascinated by this strange optical illusion. As you continue to look at the page you start to hear a low hum in the far off distance but you give it no mind. The page starts to vibrate with more intensity and seems to fade through the point of the quell. Nightshade seems oblivious to whats happening as she continues to write. The humming gets louder and starts to sound like faint screams and crying. There is a feeling of someone watching you from behind and that feeling quickly spreads to make you feel like your being surrounded. It feels like your life is in danger. That something is about to pounce on you just outside of your vision. If you could only look up to see it. But you can't, your eyes won't move away from the page like you are hypnotized by it. The letters seem to be wiggling as if they are mocking you. You think you can hear them laughing at you. It is as if they are whispering something to you but you can't make out what it is. You believe if you just listen and watch them for a few moments more you could understand what they are trying to tell you...

Suddenly Nightshade closes the book and it gives off a creek like a disappointed sigh. The air becomes still, the noises turns into a deft silence and it feels like a pressure as been left from you. You wonder what just happened as if you just woke from a dream or maybe a side effect from Noir's spell. But before you can ponder such questions for to long your concentration is interrupted by Nightshade.

"Oh, this old dusty this?" she says with a cheerful smile "It's my spell book. I use it to write down all the magical things I discover. It's really neat because it self organizes and spell checks everything for me. If you would like I could let you barrow it some time."

She gives you a puzzled look.

"Are you alright? It looks like you seen a ghost."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:36 am

OOC:

"Is that what that is?" Grease asks, curious. He's trying to hide it, but his claws are flexed to full length, electricity is arcing between his spines, and his pupils are completely dialated. "The last time I felt like that I dunked my head into my gearbox in the name of science. It wasn't that intense, though. What does the spell-checking?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm

With the area checked out and with Nightshade and Grease secured in the basket, the group departed.  As they passed under the outermost wall, the magical mirrors dissolved out of existance.  Meeting up with Hector, they then headed to the nearby museum and teleported back to Caballuston.  Upon their return, Anchors Away spotted Dusty Winds outside the teleporter room, "Hector nearly drowned so I had to give him CPR."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:10 pm

((Of all the things she could have said...))

Hector ignored Anchors Away, and moved a little faster than she did, practically running to throw his arms around her, making a keening noise into her shoulder.

"I-I didn't want to, Dusty!" he said quietly, trying hard (and failing) to not break down further...

((And of course she's going to assume he's talking about Anchors' "CPR". Yaaaay.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:24 am

"Where's the director?" Grease says shortly, dragging Noir's bloody corpse behind him. "I have one hell of a report to make, and we need a damn good magical containment cell. Hi Dusty."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:48 am

Nightshade follows behind Grease with a look of sadness as if she is about to start to crying.

"My... mirrors... all gone... they were so young... so... magical..."

She sniffles to hold back the tears.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Dusty Winds stared in confusion, "Why are you apologizing?  It's not like you tried to drown on purpose." Turning to Grease, "Last time I saw her, she was speaking to Ready Quill.  I guess Hector can go look while you watch...that.  Wait, where's Gearick?  I thought he had been traveling with you a lot recently."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:16 pm

"No," Hector said to Dusty's confusion, interrupting her questio . He took her by the hoof, gently (but firmly) pulling her over to see the torn body of Noir...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Dusty winced and closed her eyes, "Why...why are you showing me this?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:08 am

"I don't rightly know, but since Hector's clearly not leaving your side, I'll go look for Brisk Iron." Grease says, restraining himself from snapping at Dusty. She had put up with plenty of him in the last year, and he was present enough to go out of his way a little for her. But she was probably the only pony capable of fixing Hector right now, so he was going to do everything he could to magnetize the two of them together. He sets out for Ready Quill's office, but stops as a spark passes between his eyebrows. He turns and says simply "Gearick got another mission. I was hoping to talk to him too. Oh, and if she wakes up, hit her hard. Hector probably won't." before continuing towards Ready Quill's office.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next