Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 10 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:56 am

Grease represses a giggle as he watches the cart tips over, and as he bends down to re-gather the papers idly ponders what might've gone wrong if Nightshade had tried pushing the cart with her magic.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 10 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:24 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Hector noticed that while there was a scattered mess, the pages all seemed to be numbered and many of those seemed to be color coded.  Getting them back in order would take a bit but wouldn't be impossible.  The one he held wasn't one of the translation pages.  Instead it was a translated sheet with part of a set of instructions on how to convert weathercrafting to magnetism.

"Cha? This is new," the hippogriff muttered, stopping to read it a lottle more carefully. "Grease, help me out here. What is... 'mag-net-ism'? Because if it is what I think it is then there's a lot more here than I thought."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:52 am

"Mage-net-is-them?" she says as she continues to pick up the mess "Isn't that like those lodestones that earth ponies use to try to conduct magic of their own?" She pauses for a bit to ponder the idea then goes back to her task.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:55 am

"I had a lodestone once. It was really cool... Is this paper saying..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:33 pm

“Well... that is interesting.” Gearick said as he observed the much, much bigger opening than he had been expecting to see. Easily enough for several ponies to fly though, and... was that a flock of birds? That was... unusual... “I’m guessing you’ve the area with magic already? Anyone try flying up it to see where it leads?”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:53 pm

"Possibly." Grease says, twitching his tail a mite irritably. He reaches into his gearbox and produces a small box, from which he extracts two horseshoe magnets before carefully resealing it. He puts one on the and runs the other magnet above it, making the resting magnet rise and chase the moving one. "This is magnetism. I can't say what it means for you because I don't know how magnetism features on that sheet of paper. But if Brisk Iron left you some tips, they're probably pretty good. She once pulled a Beer mug out of a robot's grip. Admittedly, the next time she tried that, things sort of...blew up in her face..." He chuckles, remembering just how caustic and crazy the original team had been. "Anyways definitely a skill worth practicing."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm

"Fascinating... that does not seem like the kind of opening that would be easily hidden. A pegasus flying over would spot it in moments... Perhaps its hidden by an illusion of some sort? Or maybe just a scrying window? Still I imagine this will be one of many curious things we'll find in here.."

She says mostly to herself as she tears her eyes away from the skylight and down the corridor for a moment.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:21 pm

"I'm going to pick you up so hold on." Major Delight flew over and lifted Gearick up to the skylight. "It looks like a window from a distance but it feels like these walls. It also seems to have some sort of motion." Meanwhile, Ruby notices that the corridor ended in a short room that formed an intersection.

Suddenly, Grease heard a familiar knock from the other side of the air vent.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Grease looks up, surprised. A grin spreads over his face. "Hector, try out anything you've just read. See if you can unscrew this air vent." He says, pointing at the vent just over his cot. "You might end up just ripping the screws out, but I can replace them."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Hector nodded, reading the paper carefully. Luckily, it used mostly weathercrafting terms he understood; he understood the concept of ionization, for instance, and the paper was telling him if he arranged the ions like so...

He turned his wings expirementally. He felt the static in the air gathering around him as he directed it, using the same principles he used for lightning bolts in a very new and unusual way...

Weathercrafting:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:47 pm

After a slight tug of resistance, the vent cover was ripped clean off. "Oh c'mon Grease.  You know if you open it like that the replacement's gonna come out of your payche..." Was it possible for a red pegasus to become even redder?  Dusty Winds blushed as she noticed Hector standing in front of the vent.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Grease mouths Worth it. to Dusty from behind Hector, his grin as wide as it had ever been.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:00 am

Nightshade keenly observes Hector's wealthcrafting skills.

"Fascinating. I'll have to learn to do that some day."

Her attention then turns to the new mare.

"Who might you be? I'm meeting so many new ponies recently."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:52 am

Hector smirked a little at the familiar red face. "Well, hello to you too! I'd ask what you're doing in the vents, but I think I'd rather not know," he said with a teasing tone and a conspicuous wink.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:31 pm

"My name? Oh uh, Dusty Winds.  Was just saying hi to Grease.  You're a new hire?" She didn't directly address her response to anypony in particular as she slowly scooted backwards in embarrassment.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:14 pm

((...Did she come through the door? I had it in my head she was in the vent.))

"Aw, don't be like that," Hector said in the same teasing voice. "It's okay, I'll keepmypu safe from the scary new pony."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 pm

"Are you stuck in there? Do you need help getting out?"

Nightshade steps closer to the vent

OOC:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 am

Dusty slowly climbs completely out of the air vent. "Sorry, was a little startled there.  So what's the party for?  It's usually not that busy down here."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:42 am

"I'd say it's some kind of scattered paper and company property destroying party"

Looks around the room.

"Yep, if it is that kinda party I'd say it was a success."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 am

"Hector got a little more than he bargained for when he asked Ready Quill for some copies." Grease explains, continuing to pick up and sort papers. "It's Professor Fields' work on Linguistic theory, and some tips on magnetic weather-crafting from your aunt."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks to the Major's warning, as short as it was, Gearick managed to relax and not be too difficult for him to be lifted up to the skylight. After the Major described that it feels like a wall up-close, yet had some form of motion to it, Gearick was even more intrigued... "Fascinating..." He said, trying to gently touch the window himself as he also focused his magic to scan the window.

Arcane:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Gearick reaches out and feels a sense of peace.  The magic of the skylight has a uniquely calming effect.  He knows that at this exact moment, he is 91.206 feet below sea level.  He also notes that the rhythmic motion is more like the tide...or breathing...and that it's formed by constantly shifting mathematical equations.

Meanwhile, Dusty seems clearly impressed, "Wow, you seem to be picking things up rather quickly.  Took me the longest to even move a pin.  Though I guess there's a difference in jobs that affects that."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 pm

Ruby considers the passageway for a moment.

"Find anything of interest up there old boy? Would that room up ahead be the one that was cleared Major?"

She cups her hooves around her mouth as she calls up.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:13 am

Nightshade replies to Dusty

"This is really nothing. I get into bigger messes then this on my own. I'm just doing what they pay me to do."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am

Dusty looks at Nightshade, then glances at Grease, then looks back at Nightshade, "Oh."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next