Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

+4
sunbeam
Elacular
Dusk Raven
Crystalite
8 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Page 20 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  mjh6 Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Lavender pouted thinking dumping water was too close to touching but it didn't matter. They weren't playing for bits right now. "Your turn."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:48 am

"Oh, well..." Soft thinks for a moment, frowning. "I really don't have any special tricks besides a few basic unicorn spells, I was just gonna practice a bit. Water, do your thing again so we can see it." "Huh? Yeah, ok." Water flaps into the air again, concentrating. "Ok, so check this out. I'm not sure how, but I think because of weather stuff that Pegasi can do..." she begins moving her forelegs in odd patterns, reaching out and then drawing them to her chest. "...I can pull the water from the air, and..." A small ball of water begin to form in front of her, and it quickly grows to the size of a watermelon. "Done. AND, because its water, and its my Special Talent..." She smirks, and flicks her hoof, sending it in a stream directly at Soft- who screams and jumps behind Wandering, who gets a stream of water to the face. "Tada!" Water beams proudly.

OOC:
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:30 am

Wandering Eye jolts and shakes his head to clear the water out of his face. "Bleh... well, I was in the middle of concentrating so I could show you what I could do..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:47 am

"Heh, oops." Water lands, as Soft peeks out from behind Wandering. "Sorry... I hate getting splashed."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

At the edge of the clearing a familiar figure approaches. Taffy Stretch sits down on a pillow that she (apparently) brought with her, staying a respectable distance away as she watches with interest...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 pm

"Well," Wandering Eye says, "I know a few darkness-based spells that could be of interest, though nothing I can do consistently. I can, however, do this..." And just like that, with the faintest glow of his horn, his coat began to change. It was as though a veil was thrown over him, an ever-shifting veil that showed what was behind him, no matter what angle you looked at it. In no time at all he was well and truly camouflaged.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Lavender's eyes widened in awe. "WOW! I can't do anything like that! Can you teach me?"She immediately began looking around her for the vanished unicorn eagerly.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Lavender and Teddy both completely fail to make out Wandering Eye.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Soft, who had been waving at Taffy when she approached, and still next to Wandering when he cast the spell, looked on in interest at where he just was. Water flies over and carefully looks over the spot. They look at each other, and Soft reaches out to touch Wandering to see if he's still there.

If not, then Water looks at Soft. "Well, maybe second time's the charm?" "Yeah." Water immediately begins scanning the area, looking not for the invisible pony, but for a trail, either of hoofprints or of water dripping off of him. Soft, meanwhile, once again scans the area, looking for the magic of the veil covering him.

OOC:

Last edited by Telebiscuit Jen on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Soft's hoof meets Wandering Eye's coat, but he still doesn't become visible.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:57 pm

"Ok, So just invisible." Soft nods, smiling at Lavender. "He's still right here."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 pm

After a moment, Wandering Eye becomes visible again, the veil lifted as quickly as it came. "Yeah. I can't actually move, beyond breathing, while using that, or it disrupts the spell. I'm working on fixing that, however." He smiles. "Let's see... there's not much more I could potentially show you, other than, perhaps, some combat-related spells." He looks around for some inanimate, nonliving object to use as a target...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Wandering Eye's eye wanders across the field. There isn't much to pick from: Taffy Stretch seems to have overheard, and is working on scooting back a little further.

His gaze flicks the other way; and, almost on cue, is what is unmistakeably a training dummy. Wandering Eye can sense a number of enchantments on it: while he doesn't recognize most of them, he does catch one that's used for making things much more durable.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Wandering Eye walks over to the dummy and examines it for a moment, before deciding that it will do nicely. He steps back and concentrates hard, an indigo glow appearing around his horn. "First, building up energy. I can do this either by leeching energy from myself or a target." With that, a series of arcane runes appeared in the air around his horn, and matching runes began to appear in the air around his body. He grunted slightly as the energy took its toll, but continued strong.

He then aimed with his horn, and shot out a pulse of roughly-textured white light at the dummy. The crackle of electricity could be heard for a moment, as the energy surrounded the dummy, and then it rocketed back to Wandering Eye. "This is a spell to drain the strength of an enemy and transfer it to anypony I please."

The energy surrounding his horn, he then fired a jet of indigo energy at the dummy, hitting it dead-on. It formed a beam between him and the dummy, and then began to pulse, the pulses going back to Wandering Eye. He seemed to stand a little taller at this. "And that was to drain the energy of an enemy and transfer it to me."

He looked around to see what the reaction to his powers was...

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Taffy Stretch is pounding the ground in applause, although she's still maintaining a respectful distance.

((Everybody roll Perception.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Wandering Eye was... a bit surprised to hear applause from Taffy Stretch. He'd feared that the others would recoil in horror at his dark powers. He smiled slightly...

Skill Check:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Seeing that it was safe to approach, Taffy Stretch picks up her pillow and trots up to the rest of you. "Hi! I just wanted to let you know, I got our train tickets back to Fillydelphia. It leaves in about three hours, gets there tomorrow morning, early. So, uh, if you wanted to get anything gathered up, now might be a good time."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:40 am

The twins just watch Wandering's display with interest. At the end of it, while Taffy claps, Water joins in, while Soft blushes and lowers her head. "Wow, that was... really cool." "Yeah, I've never seen magic like that!" "Yeah, really unique."

Once Taffy comes over to join them, the Twins look at each other when she explains the situation. "Already leaving? I feel like we just got here." "Yeah, but at least we don't have much to pack." "True, and we aren't the ones lugging around the Luggage of Chaos this time."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Wandering Eye chuckles a bit at the "Luggage of Chaos" remark. "Entirely true, I'll be the one taking it. That reminds me..." He walks over to the twins, and takes out the thousand-bit note from the university out of his saddlebags. "This is for you. It's payment from the University of Canterlot for the travel case."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Lavender puzzled a bit over the talk about "Luggage of Chaos" before shrugging it off. More important things to deal with now.

"I'm ready! All I really need is Teddy, and he's right here!"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:24 pm

With all things being ready ((As much as they're going to be)) the group returned to town to make their way to the train station.

The station is, of course, quite busy. There's a train leaving soon, and you're not the only ones planning to board: numerous other ponies are struggling to buy tickets, manage luggage, say good-byes, and wait patiently. It's noisy, hot, and crowded, but you finally manage to cram yourselves into a spot on the platform to wait until boarding begins.

After about an hour there, Bubbling Spring returns from his foray to rejoin them... ((If anyone wants to ask how it went, now's the time. Assuming Bubbles cooperates, of course.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:03 am

"Sorry I'm late." Bubbling Spring says, panting a little. "The Everfree forest...held a little more than I had prepared for." He had practiced that line on the way over, so it sounded normal. It was true, after all.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:18 am

Before leaving:
Water squeals at the sight of the money, but it is levitated away from her before she can grab it. "Thank you, a pleasure doing business with you. Sort of." Soft giggles as she tucks the note into her saddle bags, while Water pouts.

At the train station:
"I'm sooo BOOOOOOOORED." Water complains, flapping just over head so as not to be crammed in with the crowd. "Hello again." Soft says to Bubbling Spring, ignoring her sister. "Well, it was probably more eventful than our practice." "Yeah, all we did was find out that Wandering and the kid are both better magicians than Soft is." "Yeah, well... shut up."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:58 pm

"So where are we headed, again?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:43 pm

"Fillydelphia, if I'm not mistaken," Wandering Eye says, levitating Discord's traveling case behind him. He hasn't stuck anything in it at the moment, preferring his own saddlebags for the light provisions he was carrying. "Out of curiosity, what exactly were you doing in the Everfree?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next