Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final Prize [IC]

+4
Xel Unknown
mjh6
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Final Prize [IC] - Page 11 Empty Re: The Final Prize [IC]

Post  sunbeam Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:49 pm

A large thunderbolt strikes Living Lightning, and as the light fades the dragon is standing and stretching, his head oddly bowed. He squints for a moment, surprised to see the ground so closely, then completes his stretch, looking around and waving at the rival team. "We won the right to a friendly chat." He says, rotating a few joints with an odd crackling noise. "Preposterous, isn't it?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:00 am

“Its good to see you reasonable save.” Storm Blade said in relief, looking over the team carefully to see if there was any signs of heavy damage or trauma... “I admit, I was worried you might be crippled or worse, killed.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Supernova smiled in relief as the crystals collapsed. While if she had to die, then there was no point in complaining, when it came down to it, she would really rather not.

Upon the reappearance of the other team, Supernova considered what she should do, considering she had never met them personally. Don't even think about it, kid. Now is not the time to get into that whole mess.

Supernova mentally shrugged. Grandpa Blackstar had a thing about not letting other know about the whole "ghost possessing her" thing unless they absolutely had to. Ponies tended to be weirded out by that kind of thing, and he thought it best not to try and push them. If you say so, Gramps.

Instead, she just waved at the group."Hey, we haven't met yet. I'm Supernova."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Evil Eye took a look over at the other team... and his eyes drifted to his counterpart, "Overseeing Watch." He bowed slightly and said, in his usual deep and husky voice, "I'm Evil Eye."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Acoustic just flopped down where he stood, his ears ringing.
"I'll introduce myself when my everything hurts less."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:27 pm

"Well, it seems like you..." With a wave of her horn, Antiquity cast a bubble of silence around Malaised Youth.  Trueno Escudo very calmly moved between Evil Eye and Overseeing Watch, "Well, it is an honor to interact on better terms.  I feel it should be cherished for as long as it lasts."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:33 pm

Supernova nodded. "Yes, certainly. If you don't mind my asking though, what happened right afterwards to you?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:18 pm

"I can't remember. I don't know if I should feel relief or terror about that."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Living Lightning waves cheerfully at Malaised Youth before rolling a dull crystal towards Jolly Thunder. "Do you know what these are? I'm afraid to investigate too thoroughly right now. They're responsible for all the craters around here."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Jolly Thunder picked up the dulled crystal, "Well well, old bean.  I'd presume it were a sunstone but they are usually far too volitile to be handled and certainly shouldn't exist in such quantities."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 pm

"Volatile?" Living Lightning says, spinning another crystal on one claw (with some magnetic assistance) and looking at Acoustic's charred fur. "Whatever do you mean?" He tosses the crystal into the far edge of the arena. "I must say, I am glad no one took the fighting personally. I know I can be a touch...predatory in a fight, but I don't normally expect to care what the opposition thinks of me."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:43 am

Storm Blade had to smile when Malaised was so effectively silence, the pegasus guard giving Antiquity a nod of thanks for her actions. When the conversation turned as to what had actually happened to the group, Storm Blade said. “Well, you weren’t killed at least, resurrection is simply the stuff of myths and legends. I’m curious though, how many battles have you been in here?”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 am

"I figure the fights bring out the worst in us." Trueno Escudo said to Living Lightning before turning to Storm Blade, "I don't know about not being killed. I've had painful nightmares that I don't know if they're leftover bits of fear or some sort of memory."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 pm

"Probably best not to dwell on it." Living Lightning comments with a grimace. "This may not be the best topic of conversation, but how long have you been fighting in here?" A crackle is heard, and for a split second a lightbulb can be seen above his head. "Better question: how did you all get stuck with the runt?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:34 pm

"He was with us when we started. I guess they figured grouping us together would be more entertaining."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:52 am

The gesture Truno Escudo made was not lost on Evil Eye, and his gaze switched to the changeling. He chuckles a little when Truno mentions fights bringing out the worst in them. "I confess, there are... better ponies than I. I tend to let my rage get the better of me when fighting... letting go of it is hard, I admit."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 am

“That is the same with us.” Storm Blade observed when Truno mentioned that they were grouped together from the very start, and had been fighting every since, the guard not saying anything in response to Evil’s Eyes admission that he lets his rage take over when he fights. “Well, to some degree. The group has changed a few times between our fights, but we’re all strangers to one another being forced to fight alongside one another. Though, we’ve only done around five fights so far... how many fights have you been in?”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:33 am

Overseeing Watch spoke up, "It's not about letting go of rage but rather channeling and focusing it into something productive. I've stopped counting the number of fights we've been in since we've been here but the question of group composition is an odd one. My husband and I have briefly met Jolly Thunder before and we've seen one of Antiquity's concerts so maybe it's not that random. Two of you are guards so that's a connection right there."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:03 pm

"Productive seems like an apt term for what he does." Living Lightning says drily. "Continuing my streak of incredibly rude questions, what did everyone do before they ended up in here?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:13 am

“Husband? Huh, you two being together was obvious, didn’t expect marriage.” Storm Blade said, a little surprised Overseeing Watch when mentioned that she was married, pretty sure she talking about Truno Escudo... “Still, that leaves little link to Malaised Youth... and in all honestly, unless anyone else in my group has interacted with the guard in a meaningful way... I don’t think there’s any connection from me to them.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Acoustic piped up from the floor.
"Two zebras, a chimera, you guys. The ones I can't figure out are the solo alicorn, the exploding crystals and, heck, us."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:11 pm

"The crystals were a bonus round; I don't know that they counted."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:30 pm

"Okay so it's just us and the Alicorn."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:55 pm

"The alicorn is that solution where the numbers simplify more easily because they're so small." Living Lightning says, sounding a tiny bit interested. "A good group in group in here is limited to 1+N creatures, where N is the number of ponies that first creature can stand to be around 24/7. In her Majesty's Idiocy's case, N happens to equal zero. She can't live with ponies and they can't live with her. They probably tried pairing her off with some poor soul, mocked up as a jester or a vizier. I feel bad for them."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Once more sinking into the floor, the world went silent for the group.  Rising back up again, they heard the sound of the crowd.  Once more the announcer's voice burst through the speakers.  "Fillies and gentlecolts, welcome once again to The Final Prize!  We've got something special as one team just might win.  However, not to be outdone, ANOTHER team is on the verge of victory.  Everypony welcome Queen Apidae and her royal guard!"  Out trotted six regular changelings, two more in armor, and then the queen herself.  While her mane was teal, her eyes were amber.  Despite her height, she had a rather hunched and lazy stance.  Glancing at Evil Eye and Storm Blade she motioned for her entourage to bow to them.  "Affording due respect while you still stand."  Then, the changelings suddenly attacked as a unit.  One waved a horn at Living Lightning, causing him to glow a green color as he felt his scales soften.  Apidae pointed and the changeling followed up with a magical beam.  The other five followed up with fierce tackles.  Apidae pointed once more and the first changeling zapped Storm Blade with a bolt of magic.  The two armored changelings took position in front of Apidae.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next