Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control the Stars OOC. (WL, PBP) (Recruiting)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Elacular
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Control the Stars OOC. (WL, PBP) (Recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: Control the Stars OOC. (WL, PBP) (Recruiting)

Post  Elacular Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm fine without having a pic. And I like the flavoring and the abilities you added. Good to have Kessiksim on the team.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Control the Stars OOC. (WL, PBP) (Recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: Control the Stars OOC. (WL, PBP) (Recruiting)

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:57 am

Thanks. I'll do the Bio later, I just have to gather my thoughts on how much backstory I want to put into an offscreen NPC turned protagonist. As for the combat flavoring... I really just threw together a handful of abilities. It's fairly eclectic, so I don't know how all to flavor them yet. I imagine one of them will be a gun.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 am

I have selected the Avatar as Hard Wire's ship, on account of high Willpower (Would rather not get my brain hacked into) and Arcana.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Alright then! Let the record show, the Avatar is now off the market, belonging to Hard Wire.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Can't wait to meet my Captain.

Out of curiosity, does our GM read Schlock Mercenary at all?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 pm

No, why?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:44 am

...Curiosity.

Also, taking some inspiration from it here and there.

How many players do we have thus far?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:17 pm

If my understanding is correct, we have you two, and Cav and Kal as two definite maybes. I could work with four, but no less.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:41 am

Well, I successfully made a character sheet with mechanics and biz, but I'm having a surprising amount of trouble trying to actually make a character with some depth.
s.s
sorry
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:19 am

Well what kind of character are you going for? We need actual ponies...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:24 am

Well, here: let me show you the edge of the rabbit hole by asking your character a question:

Someone suggested to you that you put yourself in an alien spacecraft that will haul you of the planet, and away from everything you've ever known: possibly forever. You have the option to say "no" and stay in Equestria, and everyone will understand; but, you have elected to go forth into the unknown anyways. Why?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 pm

In life there is a simple, all encompassing aspect that defines how life continues on. So much of life is spent getting comfortable, finding patterns, finding home, and staying there content, happy. But that leads to stagnation, for the being, and for the species. Every so often a rare opportunity comes along, something that seems to promise risk, some minor profit, some chance at something amazing. And every time, while 9 out of ten will stay behind, decide not to bother, there has to be that 10th person. To them, it could be a matter of personal experience, of seeking fame, glory, treasure- but to the species, to life itself, it is a matter of survival. Spread out. Conquer. Conflict, and overcome. Grow stronger, be better, so that the species continues to thrive, to march forward, to simply be.

Why elect to go into the unknown? Because its just what you were meant to do. You are the 10th person, you elect to do what others can't BECAUSE that is what defines you, your very existence. You will be known as the one who took those brave steps, who sought the risk for the reward- and pushed life further along, did not allow it to stagnate. Your species will survive because of you. You will thrive because of your action, because of your determination, to not just sit back and be content. That's not what you are, it's a simple fact.

TL;DR JUST DO IT YOU WIMP
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Dangit Bronymous, we're only supposed to show him the rabbit hole, not push him aside and jump in ourselves! ...Although, I have an alternative to suggest since we're jumping in anyways.

In life, not all is sunshine and roses. Even in Equestria there are dark secrets, spoken of in whispers, hidden deeds not shared with the public eye; why, you ask? Because not everypony wants what's best for you. Eventually there comes the opportunity to pull forward through questionable means: and even if 9 out of ten people pass it up and lead happy, safe lives, somewhere is the 10th person, ready to do what nobody else would deem acceptable, and then always on the lookout for those who seek their demise for it. To you, it is a matter of survival: but to the species, to life itself, it is a matter of cleansing. Spread out. Begin anew, and be rid of the societal ills that got you into this mess.

You are the 10th person: you elect to do what others won't because you are desperate, so desperate to escape your past that you will go, quite literally, beyond the ends of the earth. You will be the one to go further than the most persistent pursuer, and you will be rewarded at last by peace, in a society without the ills of Equestria that you so foolishly fell in with at the start. You will be the one who cast off your former ways, who sought the risk for the reward - a renewed life, free of ill will. Your species will be better off because of you. The whole will grow because of your choice to renew and reform, to not simply continue committing the same crimes over and over again. It's not what you were - it's what you are now, that contributes to the whole.

TL;DR DO IT OR WE WILL EXECUTE YOU
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Well true, there is that. Usually I'm the only one that considers the idea that Equestria is actually a terrible, messed up place, but it only validates my headcanon more if that's the case.

But, to consider: A criminal is being forced to undertake this mission or else be executed. How much sense would it make to A) give him access to advanced technology beyond anything else they have developed, and B) actually put him in CHARGE of it? If he's a truly remorseful, repentant pony, then sure, maybe he can be trusted to leave and never come back. But even if that, surely there's someone more qualified to shove into the role? And if he's not that kind of pony, you're handing a criminal a billion dollar starship with advanced weapons and the like, and then turning him loose. REALLY?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:33 pm

That's not exactly the part I'm stuck on, but thanks for the ideas.
I don't know, this seems like a cool game concept, but for some reason I'm really just not feeling it, and I'd rather not commit and then pull out when I'm just not able to really get into the spirit of it.

I'll keep thinking on the thing, but I'm much more like a 'wibbly-wobbly maybe' than a 'solid probably.'
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Well, I wasn't initially interested, but Crystalite's description of the criminal captain sparked my interest. Of the Vindicator II is still free, I'd like to claim it and make it stealth based, if that;s alright. Also a clarification, the companion listed is for the ship, right?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:31 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Well true, there is that. Usually I'm the only one that considers the idea that Equestria is actually a terrible, messed up place, but it only validates my headcanon more if that's the case.

But, to consider: A criminal is being forced to undertake this mission or else be executed. How much sense would it make to A) give him access to advanced technology beyond anything else they have developed, and B) actually put him in CHARGE of it? If he's a truly remorseful, repentant pony, then sure, maybe he can be trusted to leave and never come back. But even if that, surely there's someone more qualified to shove into the role? And if he's not that kind of pony, you're handing a criminal a billion dollar starship with advanced weapons and the like, and then turning him loose. REALLY?

Who says they have to know he's a criminal? For that matter, who says they're giving charge of the ship to him? (I'm not captaining MY own ship.)

I mean, you have to admit that banishing someone from the whole planet is a pretty effective way to get rid of them. Maybe they busted from the brig (or worked up enough trust to be let out) and worked up from there.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Well whatever works, I suppose. Legal status isn't going to make too huge a difference to the Vendra.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Uhh, did you see my post, Crystalite? Do I have permission to build a charecter? Also would it just be possible to make my own ship, like Brony?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:16 am

I did see your post: but, I'm not the GM, so technically not my decision. I would assume so, however.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:06 am

sorry, I got mixed up on what game we were playing Embarassed
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:16 am

jeez, i thought you were DM too. Who even IS running this game?

Whoever it is, though, definitely wanted 4 players, and pony characters of some kind, and only Me and Crys are actually in so far.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:15 pm

...Good grief. Elacular is going to be so unhappy when she sees nobody else knows who the GM is.

But yeah. She said at least four, but sounded like she was okay with more if there were some. She did want mostly pony characters, too, but then Brony isn't and I'm only kinda sorta almost pony, so I don't know.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 am

Well, I'm back from being a stupid asshole, and lo and behold, I missed some awesome shit. Anyway, so long as people are still interested in playing, I'd be overjoyed to get back to work. On that note

mjh6 wrote:Well, I wasn't initially interested, but Crystalite's description of the criminal captain sparked my interest. Of the Vindicator II is still free, I'd like to claim it and make it stealth based, if that;s alright. Also a clarification, the companion listed is for the ship, right?

The Vindicator II is still free, so all yours. And the companion is for the ship. It's a small planetary exploration pod fit for a troop of about 20 close packed.

I do want four players, but I'm totally down with more. Anyway, sorry to leave you all out to dry like a colossal douche.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 am

Thanks, just glad to have you back ( and embarrassed that I forgot who was running this)

Also, Like I said, I'd like to make the character and ship stealth based. The initial reason I said that ship was because it was the only one with blank stats, and none of the established ships were at all stealthy. Is it ok to make my own, smaller stealth ship, since my concept doesn't seem to fit that one?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next