Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players)

5 posters

Go down

PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players) Empty PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players)

Post  Senshuken Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Once upon a time Professional Wrestling was only a minor form of entertainment; Often limited to local talent with 'good old boys' fighting 'dirty hoofs' for the entertainment of small crowds. That all changed when Rough Diamond took notice of the sport and had a dream... a vision of colorful characters, larger then life heroes to inspire the audience fighting against villains that the crowd hated to love and loved to hate in matches that caused the breath to hitch in the throat and the gaze to be frozen on history being made live in the square ring...

Of course, all dreams have to start somewhere and this is no different. Before the International Wresting Federation (IWF) can launch and bring about Rough's vision, it has to hold its first show... and before that, Rough needs to fill his roster...

Welcome to Road to Wrestleloosa! A play by post pony tales campaign set around Professional Wrestling and life in and outside of the ring. I will be accepting all races, be they pony or otherwise at level 1! As fair as descriptions and personalities go, use what your character would be like on if they were having a day off from work and were free to do their own thing; Costumes, Gimmicks and In Ring personalities will be handled in game.

Edit: To go into a bit more detail, the game will be starting in Appleloosa, the characters there to audition for a spot in the new organization. One doesn't have to sign up to be a wrestler themselves; There are plenty of staff roles (for example, Commentators or Pyrotechnics) that need to be filled as well.

Last edited by Senshuken on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding some more details.)
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players) Empty Re: PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players)

Post  Espresso Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 am

Posting tentative interest. I'll see if I come up with an interesting enough concept.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players) Empty Re: PT- PBP- Road to Wrestleloosa! (Looking for Players)

Post  Senshuken Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am

Awesome!

I will confess that there will be a level of Player verse Player action in this game... However, unlike actual Professional Wrestling most of the matches won't be set up in advance (at least without discussion between players. After all, storylines are part of the fun!)
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm interested. What's the tone we should expect from the game, and what's the exact time period of the game season-wise (Appleloosa was built sometime within a year before Over a Barrel, so I know it'll be a modern Equestria setting, but a lot happens in the different seasons so knowing what's happened and hasn't (or I guess if this is in the future?) is good to know)?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:15 am

Honestly? The tone I was thinking of would be a somewhat light hearted look at what it takes to create 'larger then life' entertainment.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon May 29, 2017 3:34 am

Mild interest post

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue May 30, 2017 8:26 am

Introducing Crouching Tiger, traveling diamond dog who's convinced he's a cat. He's a bit of a klutz, but he's good at labor and loves helping out whenever he can - basically the equivalent of a Kung Fu roadie.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z_fejQIXvZNYn6bHEnB-pQ_ccRpsOi6zkaKsFipmRM4/edit?usp=sharing
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue May 30, 2017 8:29 am

Introducing Hidden Dragon, traveling martial artist from the Far east. She's looking to prove herself, and sees the wresting game as an opportunity to gather fame and fortune.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G_DoK73eWuzgIGeZHMWd2i2OHCur1Hk7tLuWuueTpdw/edit?usp=sharing
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dQm-Wus33oHnvT7AdMrw68eCZ25W9P0H28ng8giSHh8/edit?usp=sharing

My character, Spectacular Spectacle. He specializes in illusions and showmanship, but has a crippling stagefright problem. Mechanically he's a Sense main with persuasion as the expert skill. Combat-wise he's a dedicated battery-support.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:13 pm

How many players are you aiming for?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Faege wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dQm-Wus33oHnvT7AdMrw68eCZ25W9P0H28ng8giSHh8/edit?usp=sharing

My character, Spectacular Spectacle. He specializes in illusions and showmanship, but has a crippling stagefright problem. Mechanically he's a Sense main with persuasion as the expert skill. Combat-wise he's a dedicated battery-support.
It says I don't have permission to look at the document...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Sorry guys and girls, but something's come up. I'm not going to have the time to host a game anytime soon. Once again, I apologize.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Senshuken wrote:Sorry guys and girls, but something's come up. I'm not going to have the time to host a game anytime soon. Once again, I apologize.
Well, that's a shame, though I suppose this would have happened had the game started earlier regardless. Hopefully things magically come un-up and you'll have the time again soon...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down