Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming Soon...

+15
A1C Bronymous
SimpleZen
threezeus
Prof. Charles Hoofington
AProcrastinatingWriter
LoganAura
Philadelphus
XandZero2
Jason Shadow
Videocrazy
Inferno1114
Demonu
Ramsus
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
19 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Coming Soon... Empty Coming Soon...

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Destinies… The final frontier of the level-up process. A discussion of what destinies are can be found in the level-up thread. However, here’s a quick summary.

At level 4, you will choose a destiny for your character – a goal or journey for them to go on that will be pursued all the way to level 10. Significant story moments might cause you to change paths of course, but no matter what the call to greatness beckons you to glory.

At levels 4, 7 and 10 you will gain the respective Destiny Feature – a out-of-combat bonus on par with two utility talents at levels 4 and 7. The level 10 feature will be truly astonishing.

Stay tuned. It shouldn’t be long till the first beta-test.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Coming Soon... Empty Re: Coming Soon...

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Will there be a destiny that revolves around items? There seem to be two options in regard to material specific objects...

1) You get the item in a weak state, and gradually upgrade, fix and/or restore it to it's former glory, or improve it better than anypony else could. This could be something like:
- A broken gem that belonged to a Element of Harmony necklace, that you gradually recover the pieces of, eventually presenting it to Celestia.
- An unhatched egg that you care for, trying to get it to hatch a unknown creature.
- A broken automaton that you fix and upgrade, turning it into a simple household assistant.
- A simple modern invention (e.g. a toaster) that you could get a patent on, if you could manage to get it to work properly.

2) You undergo a personal quest to retrieve an item, like a family heirloom, ancient artifact, or other item. This could be something similar to a Daring Do adventure, personally tailored to the character:
- A spear that belonged to your family was stolen away and you want it back.
- A bug-hunter is looking for an ultra-rare insect species, for both personal (the bug is what got them their cutie mark) and scientific (bug hasn't been archived yet) reasons.
- An ancient tablet, containing an old, long-lost legend, is being sought after by a historian.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:34 pm

There is currently an inventor Destiny in development, which does have a great deal to do with items, but not as you describe yet. However, the inventor destiny could be easily flavored to that.

That said, a relic-hunter destiny sounds cool

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Well, I liked that idea I had for a second cutie mark skill I had earlier. Though that probably wouldn't be enough for a whole destiny feature on its own.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Well, here we are - I've decided to release the destinies created thus far. I plan to develop more destiny options before the first beta-test, but I'd like to let you all take a look at what's gotten done so far. The first feature listed under each destiny is the level 4 feature - when the destiny is chosen - the second is the level 7 feature and the final is the level 10 feature. Just so you know, I've lost track of who came up with the ideas for what in most cases - so if you see something you suggested, let me know and I'll give you credit.

Enjoy. Cool

Archmage
Spellbook
Your magical knowledge plays host to a fantastic book of spells. Once per session you may swap a utility talent you know for another utility talent you qualify for.

Arcane Secrets - 3/Day
Your study of magical secrets allows you to employ the art in new and versatile ways. You can use Arcana in the place of your next Persuasion, Perception, Stealth or Mechanics check.

Master of Magic
Your mastery of magic has moved beyond the commonplace and ascended into something worthy of legend. Lesser spellcasters can barely comprehend the ease and versatility with which you cast the mightiest of spells. Twice a day, you may use a Magic Talent without spending a Magic Point.

Very Best Friend
Instant Friends - Daily
Whether singing a random song out of nowhere or showering newcomers with confetti, you have a talent for becoming instant friends with anyone... Though occasionally your antics can backfire. Flip a coin. If heads, the target treats you as a trusted friend for 1d4 hours. It truthfully answers all questions you ask and aids you in any way it can as long as doing so does not risk its life or property or seem to interfere with its overall goals to a significant extent. Sadly, losing a friend's trust is the fastest way to lose a friend - thus this effect ends if you or any of your allies attacks the target or any of its allies. If the result of the coin flip is tails, the power fails and the creature knows you tried to use this power on them.

Best Friends Forever - Daily
You're ability to make friends is truly astonishing, how can anyone not become instant best friends with you? You may choose to make the effects of your Instant Friends feature permanent. The Instant Friends effect only ends unless you or any of your allies attacks the target or any of its allies. You can only have one Best Friend Forever at a time.

Smile, Smile, Smile - Magic
You like to see friends grin, you love to see them beam. The corners of their mouths turned up is your very finest dream. But if they're feeling worried and their faces turned to frowns - you'll do your part with all your heart to turn those sad frowns upside down. All your allies regain the uses of one of their expended x/day or x/session powers.

Inventor [Inspired by Videocrazy]
It’s Bigger On The Inside
You invent a small container about six inches in diameter. You may store up to two thousand cubic feet of objects in this container. You can withdraw an object from this object as easily as if it was in your saddle-bag.

Gadget
Your whizbang, genius intellect allows you to create one of the following items.

Gadgets:

Industrial Revolution
Your mastery of engineering and brilliant mind allows you to use Create Crazy Contraption three times a day without spending a Magic Point. In addition, you create something that permanently advances Equestrian society. For example, creating the Telegraph - allowing for widespread use of Spike, Take a Letter - or improved medical equipment (granting a +5 to heal checks for those using your equipment). As the creator, you've made sure that you've built in some "back doors", you may take control of your equipment or force it to stop or start working as long as you have access to it.

Miracle Worker
Healing Hooves - 3/day
You have gained the skill of a healer and the treatment of ailments has become routine to your skilled hooves. You may treat your next skill check to cure a poison, curse or disease as though you rolled a natural 20.

Miracle – Magic
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Your skill as a healer has become almost legendary. Now you can occasionally defy even death. You may resurrect a creature that died of unnatural causes. You must be able to touch the creature and the creature’s body must be reasonably intact.

Immortalis
You have gained mastery over the vitality of life to such an extent that the ailments of the world cannot touch you. Your skill and purity has made you immune to all poisons, curses and diseases. Even the press of time has no power over you. Your body does not even age unless you wish it to. In addition, you can use Miracle once a day without spending a Magic Point.

Explorer
Horizon Walker
They say that if you ride hard and fast enough to the West, the sun will never set for you. Your travels have given you a wealth of knowledge regarding the natural world and how to determine your surroundings. At any time, you may spend ten minutes to learn all the major geographic features within a mile of you; such as water-sources, possible good places for shelter, edible fruits and vegetables and any structure bigger than a hut. You’ve also learned to find shelter in even the most hostile wilderness. Whenever you are in the wilderness (not in an artificially built structure or any town, village etc.), you may use the following talent.

Secret Shelter:

Been Around The Block [Concept by Chase and Videocrazy]
You’ve been there, seen that, got the t-shirt. You’ve traveled the wilds of the world, you’ve got contacts in just about every city and your instincts have been honed to razor-edge. You gain a +5 bonus to Perception checks to notice traps or ambushes, a +5 bonuses to Streetwise checks to find someone you know in a city and a +5 bonus to any skill check made to navigate the wilderness.

Daring-Do
You’ve climbed the frozen mountains and run in the valleys of sun. You’ve dared the depths of the jungle and sailed upon the ocean’s tide. You’ve delved into ancient ruins and run amongst the sun-kissed desert. No matter the danger or hardship, you have learned to triumph over any obstacle set in your way. Three times a day, you may forgo a skill check and treat the result as though you had rolled a natural 20. This natural 20 does not trigger a cutie mark critical though, that’d just be silly.

Self-Discovery
Multi-Disciplined
Your journey of self-discovery has brought you on many paths and you’ve tried your hand at many disciplines. You gain training in two additional skills.

Call to Adventure
A hint of purpose calls to you. It may or may not be your ultimate path, but it is one you will pursue for now. Gain the level 4 feature of a destiny of your choice.

Make My Own Fate
You have moved beyond the trappings of fate to forge your own destiny. Gain the level 7 features of two different destinies of your choice.

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 pm

I too support the idea of a relic/artifact hunter.

Other ideas I think off of the top of my head:

- Socialite
--> the idea being that the higher level a PC becomes, the more famous and wellknown he or she becomes around Equestria. Being more popular can translate into things like calling in favors, using your status to sway situations your way or even becoming involved in actual government issues

- Beast Master
--> traveling around Equestria enabled you to understand, study and befriend various amount of creatures. Potential bonuses could be having a permanent pet (perhaps with stats that can function as an ally in and out of combat), having all but the worst animals always be kind to you (and the group) or even summoning creatures from nowhere. Highest level can cause you to become friends with dragons, Ursa minors/majors and even bigger things (but no pony Cthulhu or something like that. That would be silly)

- Performer
--> your actions have caused you to gain the admirations of many, to the point that there are even a couple of ones that which to join you. As such, you can start your very own flying team/circus troup/rodeo group/etc. Performing with your group could net you extra cash, invitations to various events, celebrity status and such.

Just throwing some ideas around that totally aren't worked out yet.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Great ideas. If people come up with specific level 4, 7 and 10 features for those or other Destinies (feel free to use all those great utility talent concepts too that haven’t been published yet, especially since destiny features are supposed to be twice or more as powerful as utility talents – with the level 10 feature as absolutely ridiculous. Gives us lots of design space for effects that would usually be too powerful to make utility talents).

I'm also working on the Dragon Rider concept (I forget who came up with that one. Was it you? Chase? Me? I have no idea) as well as a Noble and Fashionista.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 pm

I have some as well, we need a weather control and a 4th wall breaking/rules/dice roll meddling sort of thing. Yes, their destiny is to break the 4th wall.

I'll work on those later if nobody else hasn't already.

Last edited by Ramsus on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Ramsus wrote:I have some as well, we need a weather control and a 4th wall breaking/rules/dice roll meddling sort of thing. Yes, their destiny is to break the 4th wall.

Weather is possibly too weak for a destiny, it might be better for utility talents, but I'd like to see the ideas if it can be made awesome. A destiny to break the 4th wall though... Now that's just awesome. cheers
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm

A question about the "Self-Discovery" destiny: Can you use "Call to adventure" and "Make my own fate" to get the bonuses from the "Self-Discovery" tree again? For example, using "Call to adventure" to get an extra two trained skills, or using "Make my own fate" to get "Call to adventure" twice, so you can get two level 4 bonuses, in turn allowing you to have a whopping six extra trained skills, or two other level 4 bonuses?

Also, does using "make my own fate" allow you to take "Best friends forever", since "Best friends forever" relies on having the "Instant Friends" bonus.

Regarding the "Spellbook" bonus, how long does the effect last? Does it last the rest of the session before resetting, or does it remain permanent (since you can swap it out again later with the same ability? Can you choose to "un-swap" a utility at a later time?

Also, comparing the "Spellbook" to "Magic makes it all complete", it seems a bit silly that a spellbook is somehow more "powerful" (and cheaper!) then a element of harmony.

"Horizon Walker" looks like an excellent bonus, but it also seems like the kind of bonus that is "wasted" if some other person already has that destiny. Similar thing with "It's bigger on the outside": There's no real benefit from two ponies having the same bonus, unless they are separated.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:42 pm

A question about the "Self-Discovery" destiny: Can you use "Call to adventure" and "Make my own fate" to get the bonuses from the "Self-Discovery" tree again? For example, using "Call to adventure" to get an extra two trained skills, or using "Make my own fate" to get "Call to adventure" twice, so you can get two level 4 bonuses, in turn allowing you to have a whopping six extra trained skills, or two other level 4 bonuses?

The wording speaks of a destiny of your choice, so you could choose the Self-Discovery destiny again. If you want all that skill training, you can definitely get it.

Also, does using "make my own fate" allow you to take "Best friends forever", since "Best friends forever" relies on having the "Instant Friends" bonus.

Yes, it does. However, it won’t do anything without also having Instant Friends.

Regarding the "Spellbook" bonus, how long does the effect last? Does it last the rest of the session before resetting, or does it remain permanent (since you can swap it out again later with the same ability? Can you choose to "un-swap" a utility at a later time?

For my games, it doesn’t truly matter – as you can pretty much change whatever you want between sessions; as long as it makes sense. However, I’ll rephrase it to make it clearer that the swap is temporary.

Also, comparing the "Spellbook" to "Magic makes it all complete", it seems a bit silly that a spellbook is somehow more "powerful" (and cheaper!) then a element of harmony.

In general, destiny features are supposed to be more powerful than utility talents and elements are supposed to be on par with utility talents. So yes, it should be more powerful. However, it shouldn’t *appear* to be strictly better – so I’ll work on disguising that more. Thanks for mentioning it.

"Horizon Walker" looks like an excellent bonus, but it also seems like the kind of bonus that is "wasted" if some other person already has that destiny. Similar thing with "It's bigger on the outside": There's no real benefit from two ponies having the same bonus, unless they are separated.

Yep. In general though, those are very limited overlaps. Even with the overlap, both still grant the party additional capacity (twice as many people can be hidden or twice as much stuff can be carried). Also, people tend to take different options from one another in western culture as a matter of principle. With that in mind, I feel it’s an acceptable overlap.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno1114 Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Well its not as abridged or straight to the point as the ones you have written so far, but here is what I came up with last night.

Dragon Rider

Dragon Hatchling- you gain a Baby Dragon as an ally that is loyal to you character. You may design your Dragon’s utilities and set its skills, along with creating its backstory. In addition, you may let its rolls count for yours up to 3/day. The Dragon is unable to participate in combat though since it is too young to have the strength to fight. It also may have some magical enhancements that allow it to send messages to your allies with its flames in exchange for its flames lacking some of their oomph (If taken, -5 to checks that involve setting things on fire with their breath unless a unicorn assists them with an arcana check) The dragon also trusts you for being with it and will not betray you as long as you do not try to harm it with malicious intentions or abandon it.

Dragon Adolescence
- As your dragon has gotten older, so has its natural instincts. It’s greedy side has started to set in so it has a further desire to obtain possessions. It gives you +5 on rolls that involve you stealing or identifying gems and makes your more intimidating now that you have a larger dragon behind you, adding +5 to persuasion involving fear. The dragon also gains Freaky Knowledge when it comes to dealing with Gems and Knowledge about its own Race’s behaviors. It has also started to develop its wings and is gradually learning how to fly, albeit with poor maneuverability (-10 to precision and acrobatics checks while flying). If they want, they could chose to try to learn how to be an average flyer at the cost of their Freaky knowledge (-5 to precision and acrobatics checks). Although your dragon is more powerful, puberty has made it turn it into a bit of a jerk (if the player controls their dragon as a PC, they are recommended to roleplay it as if they were a teenager, from the whining and complaining all the way to the obnoxious ass holes we all know teenagers tend to be. DM may choose to reward this roleplaying)

Dragon Adult- As you have matured, so has your Dragon. It has developed into a full grown adult and has the body to prove it, wings and all. It can fly like with the best of them now, and is just as skilled with you riding upon its back( you take no penalty to precision or acrobatics checks while flying). With some persuasion, it may just be willing to also let some of your friends also ride upon it, although with less skill than if it was just the two of you(-5 to precision and acrobatics checks for every 2 creatures it is carrying or for each heavy object weighing more than a pony) . It stands towering over ponies at its height and strikes fear into their hearts with a +10 to persuasion while it stands intimidatingly beside you. On the downside though, its large build makes it harder to move around unnoticeably (-5 to stealth checks when the dragon is on the ground). Its flames have also become fully developed and can melt through almost any object when they try hard enough, and even has the potential to melt away magical effects (+5 to checks that involve burning things down with its Fire Breath). Its resistance to fire has also developed along with its scales, making its body impervious to even the hottest flames. It is also respected by other dragons and able to communicate to them on your behalf. If the dragon is trusted to be on its own for a certain amount of time, it has the chance to start collecting a
Inferno1114
Inferno1114
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:57 pm

- Beast Master
--> traveling around Equestria enabled you to understand, study and befriend various amount of creatures. Potential bonuses could be having a permanent pet (perhaps with stats that can function as an ally in and out of combat), having all but the worst animals always be kind to you (and the group) or even summoning creatures from nowhere. Highest level can cause you to become friends with dragons, Ursa minors/majors and even bigger things (but no pony Cthulhu or something like that. That would be silly)

If you can believe it, I actually did submit a Beast Master destiny tree to Dan. It is worth noting, though, that Destinies are strictly non-combat.

Smile, Smile, Smile - Magic
You love to see friends grin, you love to see them beam. The corners of their mouths turned up is your very finest dream. But if they're feeling worried and their faces turned to frowns - you'll do your part with all your heart to turn those sad frowns upside down. All your allies regain the uses of one of their expended x/day or x/session powers.

Just a little nitpick, that should say "You like to see friends grin". The lyrics you're quoting are "I like to see you grin/I love to see you beam".

Last edited by Videocrazy on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks for pointing that out VC.

Chase, nice suggestions. I'll go over them in detail as soon as I get a chance.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:32 pm

A couple more ideas for destinies:

- Living Bulwark
--> You have devoted yourself to protecting others, and your skill at safekeeping is second to none. Bonuses might include area denial, knowledge of object/person location (similar to Watching like a Hawk), shrugging off physical or mental assaults when others are in peril, etc. Basically think Shining Armor or any other "None Shall Pass"-type guardian.

- The Dreaded
--> A "dark version" of the Socialite, tales your deeds (whether exaggerated or not) have secured you a spot in myth and legend next to Equestria's most horrifying bogeymen. All but the most adamant individuals will quail in your presence or even outright flee at the sight of you, and even those who are supposedly more powerful than you hesitate to cross you. Bonuses may include easier intimidation, an unnerving/demoralizing aura, the ability to start a panic (or stop it) at will, near-unkillability on an "OH GODS, DIE! WHY WON'T IT DIE?!" level, etc. By no means should this be relegated to villains only; heroic examples of the Dreaded include Batman, Harry Dresden, and even Princess Luna.

- Ascendant
--> You seek to push yourself towards an ideal until you become the living embodiment of it, and will eventually metamorphosize into a being of unimaginable power. Bonuses might include resistance to harmful non-combat effects, ultra-specialization in a certain area, limited reality-warping, etc., and may be flavored accordingly depending on what concept you eventually seek to embody (Day, Night, Disharmony, Compassion, Mirth, Adventure, Speed, and so on are just a few examples, although some of these [like the first three] might already be taken by existing beings who might not appreciate sharing), but will eventually culminate into your transformation into the powerful, nigh-immortal Spirit of [Whatever], taking an appropriate "god-like" form along the lines of an alicorn or draconequus (although not limited to these - a changeling may become a Queen, or a baby dragon a Full-Grown one). For game and/or lore reasons, however, this should result in ascending to a higher plane of existance or at least adopting a strict limited-interference clause, and the allowance of this Destiny in a campaign in the first place should be approved by the DM beforehand. Examples include Vecna or St. Cuthbert from D&D, or Errand/Eriond from the Belgariad/Mallorean.

Obviously, these concepts are a work in progress.
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:41 pm

I like the Dragon Rider idea, but a few thoughts -

First off, why couldn't a Baby Dragon technically fight with you? If we go off the show, Spike's actually pretty scrappy when he wants to be. The Diamond Dog episode was a great example of that.

Would the adolescent and adult dragon have HP and combat stats? And if so, are the destinies trying to avoid combat potential?

Also, how big are we talking for the adult dragon? I think that should be important to note. After all, are we talking Smaug-big, or Scraggle big? (It's name was Scraggle, right? That really freaky-looking dragon.) If it's the former, it could drastically effect role-playing.

-And on another tangent, there might ought to be some kind of sleuthing destiny too for the detective types out there. Then again, the Explorer destiny might work for them too.

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Man, I would be all over a sleuthing destiny. Very Happy
I'll see what I can come up with.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm loving these destinies, they look and sound amazing! I like the idea of choosing something that gets more powerful over time as you grow.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey Stairc, for Multi-Talented do you think we could add my second Cutie mark skill idea as an alternate option. I think this would fit the theme of the Destiny and allow the to focus on a second thing. It would also let non-ponies be able to have a skill that was equal to ponies' skills (they still wouldn't get cutie mark criticals of course).

Ok now onto the...

Weather Weaver
Cloud Wrangler - 2/day (I went with less than Healing Hooves since this allows non-pegasi to use a pegasi racial trait and because you don't have to have such a specific set of circumstances to use it.)
Through natural pegasi talent, preternatural lassoing skills, or magic spell you command the weather and it obeys. You may make a skill check to Weather Craft as though you rolled a natural 20.

Sunny or Otherwise Disposition
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
You constantly produce a minor natural effect in your immediate area or limited to your own personal space. It can be anything from a personal raincloud, being followed by constant winds, soft thunderclaps when your hooves trod upon the earth, grass growing wherever you walk, to clouds, rain, and wind dispersing leaving you constantly bathed in the light of the sun or moon. This overpowers any natural and possibly certain magical weather conditions. Weather Crafting may be used to alter these effects as appropriate but, before long your effect on the world around you will resume.

Green Pony
Preparation Time: 3 Hours
Your mastery of the world around you is complete. You may produce natural effects and alter the natural world around you for as far as you could see unobstructed on a clear day. Whole cities or towns now fall under your effect and your ability to alter the world has increased immeasurably. You can choose for your effects to constantly follow wherever you go, stay centered on a spot of your choosing, or even move from a chosen place in a manner of your design at a walking pace. You may cause a forest to overgrow a town in an afternoon, live in permanent day or night, or even throw the natural laws into chaos. Still, you're no Princess Celestia or Luna but, you are the next best thing and because of your narrower focus even they would have trouble contesting your influence over an area. Your own major limitation is that you can only control one effect at a time.

Hah, how's that for "too weak" Stairc!? Mwahahahahaha! *ahem* Er.... Right. Well, thoughts?

Last edited by Ramsus on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Ramsus wrote:Hey Stairc, for Multi-Talented do you think we could add my second Cutie mark skill idea as an alternate option. I think this would fit the theme of the Destiny and allow the to focus on a second thing. It would also let non-ponies be able to have a skill that was equal to ponies' skills (they still wouldn't get cutie mark criticals of course).

I'm prepping for my weekly live D&D game right now (it's in a few minutes) but I wanted to answer this first question quick.

I think a second cutie mark is so flavorful and so dramatically unprecedented it should be its own destiny if we do it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Ooh, cool. Though...hmm...what does it go with?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Ramsus wrote:Ooh, cool. Though...hmm...what does it go with?

A very good question. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. sunny
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Ooh, cool. Though...hmm...what does it go with?

A very good question. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. sunny

Gah! Too much pressure. *runs away*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm

4- Gain extra training
7- Gain a cutie mark bonus in the trained skill from 4l.
10- Cutie mark bonuses become +7 rather than +5

for the second cutie mark thing?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Hmmm, that's probably too weak. How about...

4 Bonus Cutie Mark Skill & ability to get cutie mark criticals if you didn't already have that.
7 Cutie mark bonuses become +7 rather than +5 (Edit: Actually this needs more. Not just bigger numbers but, needs to do more.)
10 TRAINING IN EVERYTHING YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE! (Ok, probably not a good idea for a lot of reasons.)

Also I am dying here from anxiousness for someone to comment on my Weather Weaver destiny.

Last edited by Ramsus on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next