Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 19 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Appkes Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:15 pm

"And if you try anything funny with the doctor I'll gut you. Then the doctor will stick a needle in and sew you back up so's I can gut you again. Then he'll actually heal you. Just a friendly warning."

Jaquir was still angry at the griffon leader. It was violent morons like this that gave the griffon race a bad name.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:32 pm

"He gave me a gift? But he's retired..." Emerald lets Dodger know through her covers. "Or was it she? She was cute. Maybe it was in thanks for getting rid of all those criminiminals. I guess nopony likes criminimals. But why hide it?"

Emerald's "tent" shuffles a bit, then a moan can be heard. "Augh... That hurt..." She sniffles. "I guess it is supposed to be a surprise gift. But that blew up in my face, like everything always does. Boom. Wheeeeeee. Splat." The last has some muffled clop noise, punctuation of a hoof-hit against bed.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 am

Cardbo wrote:

"I've no reason to fight you big guy, and ever reason not too!"

Storm jumps back on his cloud and makes a mad dash to the door again.
Roll(1d20)+15:
4,+15
Total:19
Sad. Just sad.

Storm does a few acrobatics moves and in a feint, makes it look like he's going left when he meant to go right.

OOC: Acrobatics check.
Roll(1d20)+7:
17,+7
Total:24

"Really spry for a sick pony."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 am

Dodger carefully attempts to move the small device off of the top hinge.

Mechanics: 1d20 (18) + 11 + 5 (NHNP) = 34

No Horn No Problem down to 1 use now.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 am

HS, JS, SS:
The griffon growls back, "Biiiiig talk while I'm tied up. What makes you think you're so much better than us? We didn't even do anything wrong, and you killed..." He looks around, taking stock again. "Three ponies? You're going to have to answer to someone for that. Maybe not me, not while I'm tied up. But someone." He sneers at Star as he continues, "Then again, I'd bet that I'm not gonna be tied up for much longer. You're gonna have to move me somewhere, and when you do, I'll be loose again in no time. Or, you could leave me here. That could be fun. I'll miss the fireworks, but when it happens, I'll get to be here to see the looks on your dumb faces- the very last looks you'll be alive to make."

ET, D:
There isn't a lot of room to work with, but you're used to that by now, as you make contact with the device, there is an ominous click, and you reflexively withdraw, just as it shoots a small but painful looking bolt of lightning in your direction. Upon reexamining it, one of the gears has stopped moving inside, but the rest continue. Again attempting to move the device, it does not react again, and you pick it up. The clockwork continues to tick away.

SE:
The formidable frame of the big pony carries serious momentum, and when you juke right, he is unable to catch you. Past him, the way to the open door is clear, though there are still other patients milling about outside it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:31 am

Bronymous wrote:
SE:
The formidable frame of the big pony carries serious momentum, and when you juke right, he is unable to catch you. Past him, the way to the open door is clear, though there are still other patients milling about outside it.

Storm speeds through the door and out of sight of the stallion, hoping out of sight, out of mind comes into play here, and resumes his search for Physical Medicine.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 am

Holy Smokes, sick of the Griffon's voice walks over and unties him. "Go ahead and take your best shot then."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 am

"I smell ozone. What did you do?" Emerald shakes her head a bit, but does not succeed in sobering so much as dizzying herself, but knowing she suddenly really should be more aware. Stage magic training came into play here, you needed to keep a sharp nose on even the slightest things going wrong on the mechanical side of things, and though she doubted her taste buds would accept anything, her scent sense was still up to snuff. Ozone was never a good smell for a stage performer.

Unfortunately, chemical drunkenness can't be shaken off as easily as the psychological drunkenness most ponies experienced and merely thought they were drunk.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 pm

"There seems to be lightning that can shoot out of this... strange thing," said Dodger. "I probably will regret asking this, but what do you think it is?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

"And why do we think we're better than you? Because you got taken out in a few seconds by the local bartender. And even then, it was the pegasi with the barkeep who injured two of your cronies fatally - I only stuck the one, which puts me at my daily quota of kidnapping scum."

Jaquir was speaking, by now, in a slow, mocking drawl, but was, despite leaning against a wall casually, poised to move instantly should the leader try to escape.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am

"It shoots lightning? But Slendermane dossn't use lightning. I don't either. Seems like a silly gift to give me... More like a prank, but thats stuffs dangerous. If it shot lightning at the wrong spot this place would burn down. There's only so many inns, that's... irry... Eery.. not nice given the sita'ashun." Emerald replies to Dodger, unhelpfully.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm

"Well, you can't blame a colt for trying," said Dodger.

Dodger pokes his head out the door.

"I beg everypony's pardon, but I found a cylindrical doohickey with lots of moving things in it that shoots lightning. Would anypony happen to know what it is?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm just going to assume he shouted that down the stairs so we could actually hear him.

"Nope." Holy Smoke replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 pm

"Soundsdangerous to me."
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:26 pm

HS, JS, SS:
"Oh, it probably is." The Griffon sneers knowingly. "So let me see if I have this right. I'm now "free" to attack you, in which case you'll all jump on me. And if I try to run... you'll all jump on me? This is hardly fair." He moves, but not aggressively. He walks over and kicks at one of the still breathing pegasi, who wakes up. "On your hooves." He reaches down and slashes the ropes tying up his ally. "But if there's nothing else you want... you have the unicorn, I haven't done anything that would warrant such harsh treatment, I think I'll be taking my guys and go. What's left of them, anyway." He snaps the ropes on another pegasus, who stands.

SE:
You float up and over the crowd, which then gets barreled into by the large stallion. Many of them hit the floor, and stay there, including your pursuer. Continuing down the hallway, you almost pass the door to the lab as you focus on finding the doctor. There are still more rooms that he could be in, though, and you can't be sure of what kind of condition he is in.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:54 am

Emerald's head peeks out from her "fort" to sight Dodger.

Without moving her lips, she sends a short psychic message:

"If it shoots lightning randomly, sneak it onto the tied up griffon downstairs without him noticing. He deserves at least that as a gift."

She then retreats to the relative safety of her awesome felt castle.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 am

"Not only is there the griffon down there, but there is also his gang, a unicorn, another gryphon, the kindly nurse who treated you earlier, and the bartender, all of which will surely notice if I head downstairs, let alone try to hand this device I have been shouting about off surreptitiously. Even a colt of my talents cannot stick this device onto the griffon without being seen! Oh, what am I thinking? You're drunk, you wouldn't know a thing about this."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Bronymous wrote:
SE:
You float up and over the crowd, which then gets barreled into by the large stallion. Many of them hit the floor, and stay there, including your pursuer. Continuing down the hallway, you almost pass the door to the lab as you focus on finding the doctor. There are still more rooms that he could be in, though, and you can't be sure of what kind of condition he is in.

"I've lost too much time. I need to find Dr. Medicine." Storm continues to flies down the corridor, looking to the left and right for Physical Medicine.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm

"I am not drunk! Ladies do not get drunk. I am inebriated. And I guess you can have the lightning-shooty thing, I'm not a fan of it. Just like no one's a fan of me. Maybe we'd get along, but that's our nature. Poof. Gone. Up in flames. Like my life. Crumbly crumbly."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Jaquir looked sharply at Holy Smokes with a questioning face. Should they just let them go?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Holy Smokes notes Jaquir's look and says, "It's not like we're equipped to be a prison here and the police aren't in a well functioning state right now. I put a bit of a hex on him. If he finds a way around it, well he could have found a way out of jail too just as likely. Either way, we should be safe to sleep without fear of reprisal for the immediate future. Which, is exactly what I'm going to go do." With that Holy Smokes went upstairs to find his room and go to sleep.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 pm

" Well then, looks like you're getting off relatively easy. You're free to go, take your ex-cronies with you.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 pm

JS, SS:
The griffon blinks, obviously not expecting to be set free without a fight. He shrugs, and he and the other Pegasus set about loosing the restraints on their surviving teammates. The Pegasi seem fairly uncomfortable with the deceased, though the Griffon at least seems apathetic. Ultimately they decide to leave the bodies for you all to deal with. After the gang has filed out, the two of you find yourselves alone in the bar, aside from the bodies.

SE:
Perception: 18+7= 25
Continuing down the hall, the rest of the rooms appear empty, save one or two more ambling patients. Around a corner, you come up to another staff-improvised barricade, beyond which lies one more supply room and the exit. The barricade seems less than solid, though, as if it was shifted recently. Physical Medicine seems to have disappeared- or at the very least, left through the back.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Bronymous wrote:

SE:
Perception: 18+7= 25
Continuing down the hall, the rest of the rooms appear empty, save one or two more ambling patients. Around a corner, you come up to another staff-improvised barricade, beyond which lies one more supply room and the exit. The barricade seems less than solid, though, as if it was shifted recently. Physical Medicine seems to have disappeared- or at the very least, left through the back.

"Hopefully, Dr. Medicine is safe." Storm heads back to the lab. "But I have research to conduct."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:17 pm

"I'll just leave this here, then, if anypony wants a look," shouted Dodger, putting the device down outside Emerald's door before heading in. He didn't have a good feeling about it, but he had to keep an eye on the injured mare, after all.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next