Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
The Warrior of Many Faces
Quietkal
Cardbo
7 posters

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 19 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 am

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"You can check on him, but no personal visits," Concierge says. "As to why... well, I honestly have no idea. it's not like there's anything useful in there."

He's got a good poker face, but Kal notices for a very brief instant a flicker of uneasiness on his face.
Kal looks skeptically at the butler pony, eyebrow raised, but decides not to press on and coughs, setting his face back to a genial expression. "Alright, thank you, that's very kind. Have a good day."
Unless Concierge says something to stop Kal, he'll proceed out the door and start heading towards Cherry Jubilee's ranch. Seems Gold Coin does indeed know about something deep in the mines, and a lot of ponies want it.

Kal isn't impeded in any way from leaving.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 am

Meanwhile, Blackhawk was shaken from a momentary stupor. Trying to pass it off as nothing, he headed for the door. A brief look downward at the doorman dragon, and then Blackhawk continued to the familiar tick tocking he had grown...accustomed to throughout his life.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Zebulon, keeping the show of being a stoic doctor, nods to Cheese before heading out.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon, keeping the show of being a stoic doctor, nods to Cheese before heading out.

Their group gets some odd looks as they go through town; based on the whispers, they still remember several of them being involved with the fire somehow. Nonetheless, the group gets there without real incident, at which point they notice Kal has already arrived.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Their group gets some odd looks as they go through town; based on the whispers, they still remember several of them being involved with the fire somehow. Nonetheless, the group gets there without real incident, at which point they notice Kal has already arrived.
"Your instincts were on, Cheese. There's something in the mines, and Coin's group knows about it and wants it. Not sure what it is yet, but I figure I could push some buttons and coax the information out. Coin's ponies are not enthused about the fact that Wrecker and co were in the mines, especially since they had 'incorruptible ponies on guard duty.' " Kal sets for a moment to let the information sink in, before adding as an afterthought, "Also, Looker seems to be doing better; he'll be in recovery for several days more at least."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Their group gets some odd looks as they go through town; based on the whispers, they still remember several of them being involved with the fire somehow. Nonetheless, the group gets there without real incident, at which point they notice Kal has already arrived.
"Your instincts were on, Cheese. There's something in the mines, and Coin's group knows about it and wants it. Not sure what it is yet, but I figure I could push some buttons and coax the information out. Coin's ponies are not enthused about the fact that Wrecker and co were in the mines, especially since they had 'incorruptible ponies on guard duty.' " Kal sets for a moment to let the information sink in, before adding as an afterthought, "Also, Looker seems to be doing better; he'll be in recovery for several days more at least."

Cheese rubs his his chin with his hooves.

"Well at least Looker's recovering. We'll have to take a look at Gold Coin's operation more quickly. But for the moment, would you care to join us for the tour of the orchards?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Cardbo wrote:Cheese rubs his his chin with his hooves.

"Well at least Looker's recovering. We'll have to take a look at Gold Coin's operation more quickly. But for the moment, would you care to join us for the tour of the orchards?"
Kal nods and gestures into the orchard with a claw. "I hear the trees are beautiful this time of year."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 pm

"Lets not keep the trees, or their owner waiting then." Cheese proceeds through the open gate.

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Quietkal wrote:
"I'm glad to hear the colt is doing well," said Zebulon, following Cheese inside.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm

You all have entered the outskirts of the orchard. From here you can see cherry trees for at least a good three miles away, with many ponies wandering between, above, towards, or away from them. You can also see several well-crafted buildings on different sides of the orchards.

A small group of ponies, mostly very well-dressed and wealthy-looking (with a couple of butlers), has gathered around an earth pony that presumably is the tour guide. She's a pretty mare with yellow fur and a red mane, complemented by her green dress (which thus far makes her one of the few dressed ponies you've seen thus far, with the exception of Gold Coin and his staff).
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 pm

OOC:Does Cheese recognize any of them?
Perception(7) + FK(UpperCrust)(5) + FK(Body Language)(5) + AoAT(1) + Dex(1)
Roll(1d20)+19:
9,+19
Total:28
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Does Cheese recognize any of them?
Roll(1d20)+19:
9,+19

Cheese doesn't know any of them personally, but he identifies Top Banana, a yellow earth pony who despite the name buys and sells fruits of all sorts and is considered the most successful name in the fruit industry; Fruit Wine, a dark red unicorn who... well, it should be obvious what he sells; and Suited Success, a black pegasus who sells clothing. Cheese isn't quite sure why he's there.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Cardbo wrote:OOC:Does Cheese recognize any of them?
Roll(1d20)+19:
9,+19

Cheese doesn't know any of them personally, but he identifies Top Banana, a yellow earth pony who despite the name buys and sells fruits of all sorts and is considered the most successful name in the fruit industry; Fruit Wine, a dark red unicorn who... well, it should be obvious what he sells; and Suited Success, a black pegasus who sells clothing. Cheese isn't quite sure why he's there.

Cheese waves for everyone to follow him "Top Banana, Fuit Wine, and Suited Success. They say that one corporate magnate is chance, two is a coincedence and three is a conspiracy. So what conspiracy bring you three gentle-ponies out on a fine day like today?" Cheese says with a grin.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 am

Blackhawk, trying to play the part of bodyguard to the hilt, even if unecessary, moved no more than absolutely necessary, eyes scanning.

He was starting to get nervous again, and faster than normal-he hadn't gotten in his flying today, he supposed it was.

Still, while playing the part, might as well try and spot anything significant. Might give him something to do if he did. And, of course, try not to think about what happened to those guards too much...

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 am

Kal pats around, before realizing he didn't pick up a notepad and pencil. He also isn't wearing a vest and has no pockets, so he scurries off to the store. What sort of store doesn't have pen and paper?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 am

Top Banana looks up at the mention of his name. "Huh, would ya look at that! I had heard that Cheese Wheel was in Dodge, but I had just thought it was the tabloids being themselves again! Looks like they got something right for once, ha!"

"C-conspiracy? Tabloids?" Suited says, eyes wide in terror. "Y-you mean Cherry Jubilee is with the m-media? I gotta get outta here!"

Banana laughs heartily. "Ah, Suited, you're always good for a laugh! There's no conspiracy!"

Wine, meantime, is just standing there with eyes closed, either unaware of or ignoring everypony else.

Blackhawk doesn't see anything out of the usual, aside from a butler reading a Hoofenie Meyer book on the sly.

[Kal, if you could roll Stunts to see how quickly you get there?]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Top Banana looks up at the mention of his name. "Huh, would ya look at that! I had heard that Cheese Wheel was in Dodge, but I had just thought it was the tabloids being themselves again! Looks like they got something right for once, ha!"

"Ah well. I pop where ponies least expect me. You're all here for the tour as well, I wager? That hasn't started by the way, has it?"

OOC:Checking out the moods and body language of the three.
Perc + FK + FK + AoAT + Dex
Roll(1d20)+19:
16,+19
Total:35
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 am

((Stunts: 9 (4+5) -.-\\ Looks like Kal's taking his time.))
I really need to get a vest. Vests tell people that you're serious business. Well, not serious, but you're at least not just a passerby.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 am

Cheese gleans quite a bit from their body language. Banana is utterly confident and completely relaxed, probably because of the wine Cheese smells on his breath. Suited, on the other hand, is plainly nervous, shivering slightly and casting glances around every half-second. Finally, Fruit seems to be completely focused on taking in the cherry smell of the orchard.

"Yep, that's why we're here!" Banana grins. "Me and Fruity are here to see if these cherries are worth buying! I dunno about Suited, though!"

"Never call me Fruity again," Fruit says calmly without opening his eyes or moving.

"Um... I'm just here to try to avoid the media..." Suited shivers again.

"Anyway, it hasn't started yet, so you're in luck!" says Banana.

Kal gets to the store after about three minutes of pondering vests.

The red pegasus behind the counter stares at Kal. "Wow-ee, never thought I'd see a real griffon in the flesh! What can Ah do ya for this fine day?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Kal gets to the store after about three minutes of pondering vests.

The red pegasus behind the counter stares at Kal. "Wow-ee, never thought I'd see a real griffon in the flesh! What can Ah do ya for this fine day?"
"Well the allure of Dodge Junction is fairly hard to resist." Kals gives the pegasus a smile. "Do you have notepads and pencils? I'm afraid I've lost all of mine."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Cheese gleans quite a bit from their body language. Banana is utterly confident and completely relaxed, probably because of the wine Cheese smells on his breath. Suited, on the other hand, is plainly nervous, shivering slightly and casting glances around every half-second. Finally, Fruit seems to be completely focused on taking in the cherry smell of the orchard.

"Yep, that's why we're here!" Banana grins. "Me and Fruity are here to see if these cherries are worth buying! I dunno about Suited, though!"

"Never call me Fruity again," Fruit says calmly without opening his eyes or moving.

"Um... I'm just here to try to avoid the media..." Suited shivers again.

"Anyway, it hasn't started yet, so you're in luck!" says Banana.

"Excellent. I haven't had breakfast yet." Cheese heads off to the stands.

OOC:Is Cherry Berry back running the counter?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

"Aisle Four, right over there," the pegasus says, pointing at the Aisle in question. "Y'may have to dig a bit, we don't use 'em much 'round here."

Cherry Berry is indeed running the stand again. Cheese is also fortunate in that there's nopony else in line.

"Hello again!" she smiles. "What can I get for you?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Aisle Four, right over there," the pegasus says, pointing at the Aisle in question. "Y'may have to dig a bit, we don't use 'em much 'round here."
"Thank you." Kal heads over and looks about for the notepads and pencils. He also keeps an eye out for any vests, having had them on his mind for the entire trip over.
((Perception if needed: 22 (12+10) ))
(Assuming that's high enough to find some, Kal will bring it to the counter and pay for it.)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Cherry Berry is indeed running the stand again. Cheese is also fortunate in that there's nopony else in line.

"Hello again!" she smiles. "What can I get for you?"

Cheese looks at the selection as he rubs his chin with his hoof. "Hmm.. I'll have 2 chimicherrychangas, 3 cherry jubilees, 4 pints of cherry yogurt. They say yogurt's good for your health. Oh, and 2 pieces of cherry bread. Regretfully, I just don't have any appetite this morning."

OOC:Taking a good look at Cherry Berry. Is she exceptionally athletic or something. I still have the notion that she could be the vigilante at the back of my mind.
Perception + FK + AoAT + Dex
Roll(1d20)+14:
16,+14
Total:30

Cheese looks back at his entourage. "Aren't you guys going to have anything?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 am

Quietkal wrote:"Thank you." Kal heads over and looks about for the notepads and pencils. He also keeps an eye out for any vests, having had them on his mind for the entire trip over.
((Perception if needed: 22 (12+10) ))
(Assuming that's high enough to find some, Kal will bring it to the counter and pay for it.)

Kal spots a high-quality vest (I'll leave specifics about color and weave and whatnot to you; you know what Kal likes better than I) in Aisle 7 and easily finds a notepad and pencils.

"That'll be 32 bits," the pegasus says, a reasonable price given the high quality of the vest.

Cardbo wrote:Cheese looks at the selection as he rubs his chin with his hoof. "Hmm.. I'll have 2 chimicherrychangas, 3 cherry jubilees, 4 pints of cherry yogurt. They say yogurt's good for your health. Oh, and 2 pieces of cherry bread. Regretfully, I just don't have any appetite this morning."

OOC:Taking a good look at Cherry Berry. Is she exceptionally athletic or something. I still have the notion that she could be the vigilante at the back of my mind.
Perception + FK + AoAT + Dex
Roll(1d20)+14:
16,+14
Total:30

Cheese looks back at his entourage. "Aren't you guys going to have anything?"

Cheese doesn't see any evidence of exceptional atheletic ability. She's in decent shape, but nothing exceptional. More importantly, she doesn't have the stance of a pony used to exertion.

Cherry Berry stares. "You... call that 'no appetite'?!" Shaking her head, she says, "48 bits."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next