Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
The Warrior of Many Faces
Quietkal
Cardbo
7 posters

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 33 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

"I blame being distracted by the cute filly in the room, who I might add, haven't gotten the name of." Cheese winking at the mare.

OOC:Perception check. Could she be the vigilante?
Roll(1d20)+19:
15,+19
Total:34
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 am

Having been giggling the whole time at Cheese's accident and the resulting antics, the secretary blushes when Cheese compliments her. "U-um, I'm Glasses Lense..."

Cheese doesn't think she's the vigilante. While the tiredness is a point for that conclusion, her mannerisms and general body shape don't suggest any real strenuous activity.

Zebulon didn't get a good look at Cheese's "injuries", but he's fairly sure that the worst he's got is a bruise.

Brittle had no trouble not getting tangled in his chair.

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Spoon glares at Kal. "What was that, griffin?"
"...not buying it. Get out. Now."
"okaysorry" Kal hurries out of the building and starts flying in no particular direction.
...that could have gone better. although now I have a veritable reason for never going back there...why was I even there in the first place?..guh, pretending to be sent by Psychotics is getting to me. Heh, though I suppose that the night guard has been called it on more than one occasion.
((No big, just keep an eye out for it. It's almost becoming a trope with you, though.))
((Also, I'm definitely never taking Derp as a utility talent again.))
((Also, if the night guard is supremely reputable and no one would dare say something against them, lemme know and I'll take that last bit out.))

[The Night Guard is generally suspected to exist, but nopony in the higher-ups outright come out and confirmed it. Theories do tend to range towards the "psychotic" or "ruthless" ends of the spectrum, however.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Having been giggling the whole time at Cheese's accident and the resulting antics, the secretary blushes when Cheese compliments her. "U-um, I'm Glasses Lense..."

Cheese doesn't think she's the vigilante. While the tiredness is a point for that conclusion, her mannerisms and general body shape don't suggest any real strenuous activity.

Zebulon didn't get a good look at Cheese's "injuries", but he's fairly sure that the worst he's got is a bruise.

Brittle had no trouble not getting tangled in his chair.

Cheese smiles warmly at her. "Charmed, Miss Lens. Would you be able to assist me? I'd like to withdraw some money from my account in the Royal Bank of Canterlot. What would I need to do?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 am

Cardbo wrote:

Cheese smiles warmly at her. "Charmed, Miss Lens. Would you be able to assist me? I'd like to withdraw some money from my account in the Royal Bank of Canterlot. What would I need to do?"

"Oh, that's easy enough!" she says, opening a drawer via magic and levitating out a slip of paper. Her cheeks still somewhat pink, she levitated the paper to Cheese. "Just fill this out with the amount, sign your name, then follow me to the back room."
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:12 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

"Oh, that's easy enough!" she says, opening a drawer via magic and levitating out a slip of paper. Her cheeks still somewhat pink, she levitated the paper to Cheese. "Just fill this out with the amount, sign your name, then follow me to the back room."

Cheese takes the slip, looks it over, fills out any relevant information, requests 700 bits and signs it. "Ok, all done."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 am

Right, well that's enough of just flying about. Since I can't chase any leads from the Roach Motel, I suppose I should look into what's going on with the mine, see what's going on there. Might buy me some credit with Concierge.
History roll:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Cheese takes the slip, looks it over, fills out any relevant information, requests 700 bits and signs it. "Ok, all done."

"Great!" she says, taking the paper telekinetically and sticking it in a pocket in her dress (which was rather unusual, given that dresses don't typically have pockets). She then opens another drawer, grabs a key, and trots towards the door that says "Financial Transactions". "Just follow me, Mr... Cheese Wheel? Right?"

Quietkal wrote:Right, well that's enough of just flying about. Since I can't chase any leads from the Roach Motel, I suppose I should look into what's going on with the mine, see what's going on there. Might buy me some credit with Concierge.
History roll:

Kal does recall that some gems were excavated from this place a while back, but not that many and they weren't good-quality. They were decent, but not good.

As Kal approaches the mine, he sees one policepony doing a rather halfhearted job of searching for clues. As in, he'd turn over a rock that wasn't particularly close to the mines, stare at it while munching on a donut, lather, rinse, repeat.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

"Great!" she says, taking the paper telekinetically and sticking it in a pocket in her dress (which was rather unusual, given that dresses don't typically have pockets). She then opens another drawer, grabs a key, and trots towards the door that says "Financial Transactions". "Just follow me, Mr... Cheese Wheel? Right?"

"Yes." Cheese follows Glasses Lenss into the next room.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Barabus kept flicking his odd coin, waiting patiently for Cheese Wheel to complete his transaction.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Warrior of Many Faces wrote:As Kal approaches the mine, he sees one policepony doing a rather halfhearted job of searching for clues. As in, he'd turn over a rock that wasn't particularly close to the mines, stare at it while munching on a donut, lather, rinse, repeat.
Kal glides down toward the pony, landing a little distance away in case the policepony is very intentioned at keeping others away from the mine. "Hello!"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Lens leads Cheese into the room, which is fairly unremarkable, if a bit dark due to the lack of windows. However, there is a slot in the wall which she slips the paper into. "Shouldn't take very long for your transaction to complete... um... in the meantime..." She takes out another piece of paper and scribbles her address onto it. "If you want, you can... pay me a call? Maybe? I'll be there pretty much any time that isn't 8-5..."

The policepony looks up, eyes widening at the enexpected sight of a griffon. "Um, er, sorry, no civilians allowed in the mines. Can't have ya contaminatin' the evidence, y'know?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Lens leads Cheese into the room, which is fairly unremarkable, if a bit dark due to the lack of windows. However, there is a slot in the wall which she slips the paper into. "Shouldn't take very long for your transaction to complete... um... in the meantime..." She takes out another piece of paper and scribbles her address onto it. "If you want, you can... pay me a call? Maybe? I'll be there pretty much any time that isn't 8-5..."

Cheese gives a winning smile and responds. "I'd love to."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 pm

"Great!" she exclaims, an elated grin making her way onto her face.

The slot then went "Ding!", whereupon a bag of bits was teleported onto the floor in front of said slot.

"There you go!" she says cheerfully, levitating the bag towards Cheese.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Great!" she exclaims, an elated grin making her way onto her face.

The slot then went "Ding!", whereupon a bag of bits was teleported onto the floor in front of said slot.

"There you go!" she says cheerfully, levitating the bag towards Cheese.

"Thank you very much." he pauses. "I'm not really sure about my schedule, but perhaps sometime this evening, we could grab something to eat?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Somehow, her grin widened even further. "I'd like that very much. How's the Cracker Barrel sound? Maybe seven? If that's all right with you, of course."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Somehow, her grin widened even further. "I'd like that very much. How's the Cracker Barrel sound? Maybe seven? If that's all right with you, of course."

"Sounds great! Do you want to meet me there, or should I stop by your place first?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 pm

"Maybe stop by my place first?" she replies.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Maybe stop by my place first?" she replies.

"Ok, thats fine."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 pm

"It's a date, then!" she grins, leading Cheese out into the lobby again.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:The policepony looks up, eyes widening at the enexpected sight of a griffon. "Um, er, sorry, no civilians allowed in the mines. Can't have ya contaminatin' the evidence, y'know?
Kal sits and raises his claws passively. "Oh, no certainly. A good investigator knows when not to push, especially with officers of the law."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Looking mildly surprised, the policepony clears his throat and says, "Ahem, yes, thank you for your cooperation. Awful thing t'have happened here... we found a couple dead bodies way in the back..." he muses.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Looking mildly surprised, the policepony clears his throat and says, "Ahem, yes, thank you for your cooperation. Awful thing t'have happened here... we found a couple dead bodies way in the back..." he muses.
Kal inhales sharply. "Ohhhh, not the Coin's guards?" Assuming this would garner a strange look from the police pony, Kal launches into an explanation. "I, uh, should explain how I guessed that. Investigator Looker and I had been doing a bit of investigating around the town when we noticed the guards were missing yester-night. Naturally, we were curious as to why they weren't there, and moved in to the mine just a short ways, where we ran into Wrecker and his lot. Well, tripped into them more like. Some acquaintances happened to pass and assisted us in a, uh, citizen's arrest. The sheriff has paperwork corroborating this."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Indeed, an eyebrow was raised, but he seemed satisfied with the explanation. "Heh, bet he made you do miles of paperwork. I'm pretty sure Canterlot just placed him here so that he would'n' bother the higher-ups. But yeah, 'twas Gold Coin's guards."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Indeed, an eyebrow was raised, but he seemed satisfied with the explanation. "Heh, bet he made you do miles of paperwork. I'm pretty sure Canterlot just placed him here so that he would'n' bother the higher-ups. But yeah, 'twas Gold Coin's guards."
"I was somewhat surprised there wasn't a form in there authorizing us to write on the other forms." Kal chuckles before looking to the ground to hide a grimace. After which, turning to the policepony he said, "Right...well, I was hoping to look around a bit, but since it's cordoned off...I guess I'll be on my way. Err, have you already let Concierge know?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 pm

"He probably did," the policepony mutters. "Yeah, he knows. One of the first to find out."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next