Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 19 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am

Healing Torch nods respectfully. "Alrighty, here goes nothing." He concentrates for a moment, beads of sweat trailing down his face. The necklace glows a strong shade of green, and Torch proclaims, "Necklace of Verana, Goddess of the Spring, Container of Her Soul, I bind you to my hooves, that you might return when I say 'Cissan', until such time as the enchantment wears off!" His horn flares once more, and then fades to normal. "There. Should be working just fine." Torch notices Silverswords' entrance, and heated discussion with the mayor. "Maybe he'll have some leads! Come on guys... and Verana."
He trots over to the mayor and the Captain, and salutes. "Hi Captain Silversword! Greetings Mayor! Are repairs going well? And how are the hostages?"
((For the record, he just cast one of his 3 daily Enchantments, Rune of Return.))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 am

Mosstone watched the enchanting with interest. When it was finished, he asked:

"Verana... Out of curiosity, what's the significance of that word you picked? Or is it just a random sound?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Halynn, trailing behind the guard, immediately spots and heads toward Death Ray. "Did I perchance miss anything important while I was gone? Tout ce que je devrais savoir?"

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 pm

"Heh heh... um... yeah. About that..."

Dr. Death Ray grinned in an attempt to hide his anxiety, thoughts racing through his head as his mind went into overdrive.

GREGG - translation?

Tout ce que je devrais savoir? - Anything I ought to know?

Aw Mane... Of coure... Can you believe the timing of some ponies GREGG? She came right to me... when there's like... how many other ponies in the room? It's like... like she could sense I had something to tell her... Does she have... super... super-timing powers? ...Or... Hmm... Maybe her zebra senses were tingling?

The fact that she went to you first could also imply that she trusts you Dr. Death Ray sir.

Trusts me? Why would she trust - wait - that's what I want in this situation, isn't it?

I believe so sir. Healthy relationships are built on trust - or so my internal databanks imply.

Yeah... that way I can... uh... more easily turn her... to the dark side... yeah...

What's wrong sir?

She's... uh... she's looking right at me GREGG! What am I supposed to say?! I don't want to blow this, but it's all happening so fast! I don't know if I can handle the pressure! I wasn't ready for this! ... Oh, I think I'm gonna barf...

-NOOOOOOOOOO! Hold it back sir! Hold it back!

Dr. D froze.

Now close your eyes and take a deep breath sir.

Dr. Death Ray nods, closing his eyes. Deep breath... deep breath...

Remain calm sir.

Remain calm...

You are Dr. Death Ray sir. You have a Ph. D. in Horribleness. You can do this.

I am Dr. Death Ray... I have a Ph. D. in Horribleness... I can... -Oh Discord! She's still looking at me!

"So... uh..." the Doctor cleared his throat, "Um... yeah... Did you... Did you miss anything? Well... That's... uh... that's a good question. There was this liiiiiiiittle incident," Death Ray put his hooves about an inch apart to emphasize just how little of an incident it was. "It involved a pair of changelings, a mother and daughter... They were... uh... legal citizens of the city... who'd been injured during the attack of the... uh... Windigo crazies... One of them was a really sweet kid - liked my inventions a lot too, so it's obvious she had good taste... But, um... our medical Doctor buddy over there..." Dr. Death Ray nodded towards Healing Torch, "as it turns out, he seems to be just a tad bit racist when it comes to changelings you see... So... uh... so that was interesting... Me and gramps over there," Dr. D motioned to Mosstone, "had to convince the good doctor not to torch his patients... but after that, we ended up working together... and uh... I sung a... a song.... and everything turned out okay...."

Dr. Death Ray laughed awkwardly, hoping beyond hope that the Lantern wouldn't ask him what he'd sung...

"And... uh... after that... Let's see..." Dr. D rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a moment. "Well... Verana basically mentioned that if she had the power, she would cast the whole of the Windigo cult into the pits of Tartarus... That was a hoot... And... er... We also talked about ancient curses and museum artifacts... which was... kind of eye-opening really... There was this other thing... involving you..." Dr. Death Ray chose this moment to notice something rather interesting up on the ceiling, "But uh... We'll... we'll get to that..."

Dr. Death Ray turned back to the Lantern, "So... uh... Halynn?" This was the first time he'd actually said her real name, and he paused a moment to consider it. Halynn... Halynn... Death Ray and Halynn... Halynn and Death Ray... Hm... He liked the sound of it.

"Did you... uh... find anypony on your wild goose ch-" Dr. D paused, "Umm... I mean, completely necessary search for survivors?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

XandZero2 wrote:"It involved a pair of changelings, a mother and daughter... They were... uh... legal citizens of the city... who'd been injured during the attack of the... uh... Windigo crazies... One of them was a really sweet kid - liked my inventions a lot too, so it's obvious she had good taste... But, um... our medical Doctor buddy over there..." Dr. Death Ray nodded towards Healing Torch, "as it turns out, he seems to be just a tad bit racist when it comes to changelings you see... So... uh... so that was interesting... Me and gramps over there," Dr. D motioned to Mosstone, "had to convince the good doctor not to torch his patients... but after that, we ended up working together... and uh... I sung a... a song.... and everything turned out okay...."

Dr. Death Ray laughed awkwardly, hoping beyond hope that the Lantern wouldn't ask him what he'd sung...

"Mm hmm. And he skipped all of the Prench parts," Mosstone interjected, not realising that he was probably ruining a relationship.

"And I get it, alright, I'm getting on in years. It's not like I'm sitting on my porch with a cane shouting 'Get off my lawn!' So yeah. Every time you call me 'old', you owe me a pint of cider," Mosstone finished, thinking up ways to enforce his ultimatum.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Subjectz wrote: Torch notices Silverswords' entrance, and heated discussion with the mayor. "Maybe he'll have some leads! Come on guys... and Verana."
He trots over to the mayor and the Captain, and salutes. "Hi Captain Silversword! Greetings Mayor! Are repairs going well? And how are the hostages?"

Entering right behind Halynn, Ragnarok sees Torch go over to Captain Silversword and walks over there herself. "I am sorry for my compatriot's interruption if you do not mind I need to speak with him as well as Mister Lobber about the state of our plans." She then walks over to where Land Lobber currently is.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Not mentioning Death Ray's momentary nervousness (it was pretty much par for the course by now with him), Halynn raises an eyebrow behind the mask. "Changelings and a song? Sounds like an interesting story to go into when we have time..."

"...hold on... when did you hear my name?" she asks, sounding slightly nervous. "Could you do me a favor and NOT mention that to anypony? It's not called a secret identity for nothing, and you have NO idea how many ponies would love to slit my throat if they only knew where to find me! I'd never be able to relax!"
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Woah... Dr. D thought, after the old green unicorn finished his bit, For an old fart, he's got some good hearing...

"Uhh..." Dr. Death Ray looked around, realizing that he and the Lantern were still uncomfortably close to the rest of the party - still within earshot of them anyway, to say the least. He turned back to Halynn, "Maybe... um... we should continue this conversation... er... in private?... Or at least in a corner of the room where... someponies... can't hear?"

He paused.

"Uh... BTW - Sorry about using your name. I picked it up from Torch, and I think Raggie mentioned it once or twice too..." Then Dr. Death Ray paused for a moment. How did they known her name? Did the Windigo King used it during the fight or something?

Dr. D honestly couldn't remember...

He shrugged to himself, then added, "Whatever the case... you're... uh... you're secret's safe with me. I.... wouldn't want to... to do anything... to, uh..." The Doctor rubbed one foreleg, "to. hurt. you...?"

For some reason, the Doctor suddenly felt, very, very self-conscious...

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Entering right behind Halynn, Ragnarok sees Torch go over to Captain Silversword and walks over there herself. "I am sorry for my compatriot's interruption if you do not mind I need to speak with him as well as Mister Lobber about the state of our plans." She then walks over to where Land Lobber currently is.
"H-hey, I wanted to... fine, wait up!" He trots over to them, and sits down. "Sooo... what did you find, Ragnarok?"
On Halynn's name:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 pm

"Je vous remercie," she said, her gratitude clear in her voice. "As for our conversation... I would like that, but first you'll need to speak to Ragnarok. She got some information out of one of the cultists that we should probably all hear."

Name:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Whoot! Dr. Death Ray thought as what the Lantern just said sunk in,More time to figure out how I'm gonna break the truth to Halynn!

The Doctor nodded to the Lantern, "Alrighty then..." He turned to the Hippogriff, "So Raggie? You uh... you got some news for us I take it?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 pm

"It appears that one piece of the king's paraphernalia was lost at sea most likely only a short time after he was sealed away. The magic contained within altered that section of sea turning it into what can only be described as a deathtrap. It is said that any ship that ventures too deep into the area is consumed by a mysterious fog, all their equipment shall spontaneously fail and then they vanish without a trace. Sailors call it the Leviathan's Maw. Reports from the few survivors are inconsistent to say then least nevertheless it is our next destination. Mister Lobber I recall you mentioning that you are of the nautical deposition can you sail us there?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 pm

"When you say 'few survivors', how few is a few? Getting there is all well and good, but a plan to get out would be really handy too," Mosstone pointed out, feeling a little sick to his stomach...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Healing Torch grimaced. Well, spectacular. Foggy maw of death, here we come. Wait a second...
"Did they mention what artifact it was?!"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Grey Pen wrote:"When you say 'few survivors', how few is a few? Getting there is all well and good, but a plan to get out would be really handy too," Mosstone pointed out, feeling a little sick to his stomach...
The best way to as you say 'get out' would be to retrieve the artifact which should contain the effecting properties

Subjectz wrote:Healing Torch grimaced. "Did they mention what artifact it was?!"

The earliest reports of the anomalies coincide with very early recorded exploration of the region. So it is unlikely that even they know unless they are only missing one artifact.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Well, it's a start. "Hey, where's the cultist you interrogated?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:14 pm

"I'm Mosstone, by the way. It seems I'm coming with you on this death quest of yours, so as long as you're all standing here, I might as well get your names.

Now, I know you're Healing Torch,"
he started off, pointing at the Fire Mage.

"And I'm pretty sure you're Dr. Death Ray," he points at the scientist.

"Now, I heard your name, but you said we shouldn't use it, so what can I call you?" he asks, indicating the costumed zebra.

"The orange ghost is Verana," he stated, pointing at the necklace.

"And I have no idea what the rest of you are called," he finishes off, sitting on his hindquarters awaiting names.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 pm

"My nom de plume is Green Lantern. I respond to Lantern or GL as well," Halynn replies nonchalantly. She wasn't really worried about the giant mysterious whirlpool of death; she'd seen far worse.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Subjectz wrote: "Hey, where's the cultist you interrogated?"

"Tartarus,Elysium,the next life,no longer existing, it is a philosophical question now that I reconsider it. If you need details massive blood loss and major penetrating trauma damaging the lungs. And for the benefit of Mister Stone I am Ragnarok professor of archeology."

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
"Tartarus,Elysium,the next life,no longer existing, it is a philosophical question now that I reconsider it. If you need details massive blood loss and major penetrating trauma damaging the lungs. And for the benefit of Mister Stone I am Ragnarok professor of archeology."
"You killed the cultist?!"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Subjectz wrote:
"You killed the cultist?!"

"Do I look that stupid? He was mortally wounded whilst fighting the guards attempting to retake the area."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm

'Ah. At least he lived long enough to tell us where to go."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm

"Seeming mighty convenient, that, yer archenemy living just long enough to provide a useful tidbit o' advice." Land Lobber notes to the group. "I be no tour guide, I be a pirate, and proud of it. But a pirate without a ship is but a brigand. And we be superstitious folk. I use it fer robbin' ships, but I know the power of the unknown. Ye not be getting a charter to a cursed shore tae fight a ghost ship or something, we'd need our own boat."

The minotaur shrugs. "I'd take ye there if a ship could be... liberated. I'd be willing ta take the capt'n title as dues fer transport and exploration."

"Land Lobber be my name, by the by." He adds as an aside to Mosstone.

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm

"Ok, so we know where the thingy is, we think we can get it... what happens if we don't? I want a Plan B."

"Say, Torch. That spell you put on Verana... is it, theoretically, possible to cast it on something bigger? Such as, say, a pony? We could have somepony cast it on each of us, and if things go wrong they could draw us out. I think."
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 pm

"Sadly, no. The spell can only affect small things, none of us would be applicable."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next