Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 34 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  Dr Blight Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 pm

-Outside-

Several of the students seem to be headed towards the two sets of dormitories that you passed on the way here. You notice they seem to be splitting up by gender, with the girls heading towards the dorms on the left and the boys towards the right. You see a few older ponies among the students seemingly trying to figure out and get a handle on the situation, some of them are wearing similar outfits to the drill instructor pony who you passed early on. You assume them to be the teachers.

Those not headed for the dorms in a panic seem to be gathering in the field a fair distance away from the library, but still close enough to see what happens.

Aoi finds Lobber easily enough, as he stands nearly twice as tall as the majority of the students.

-inside-

Healing Torch seems to be sleeping peacefully now, snoozing away his injuries once you get done patching him up. Silver Song seems a little miffed at being so blatantly snubbed. "...Fighting on school grounds is strictly prohibited outside of any of the combat training classes." She says quietly, seemingly not sure what else to say.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Ragnarok nods toward Silver Song. "It shall not happen again under my supervision. Doctor Ray I shall give you an explanation upon Torch's awakening. Now if there is no true issue we will be taking our leave after collecting that Minotaur that ran off."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Regardless of his peaceful appearance, Torch's dreams are anything but. His dreams are full of half-formed specters of mistakes past, swarming him, asking him why. His eyes shoot open and he leaps to his feet, giving a brief exclamation of surprise. He then focuses, and looks around, saying, "Oh, my head." He notices everypony standing over him, and says, "Well... that could have gone better." He sees Silver Song and says quickly, "Uh, this, uh... I'm just gonna call this a disagreement" He says with a hint of bitterness in his voice."Can we just get out of here? I'm sorry about all this, miss." He looks around for the student Aoi threatened as he awaits a response.

Perception:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:44 pm

"Yes yes though we must speak one we are in a less public place. Come." With that Ragnarok leaves the building looking for Aoi and Land Lobber.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:54 am

When Raggie had told the Doctor she'd give him an explanation when Torch woke up, Death Ray had assumed she hadn't counted on the green unicorn healer waking up quite so soon - that's why the Doctor wasn't going to press her for the details... at least, not for the time being anyway...

As for Torch's mention of a disagreement, well the Doctor had his own thoughts about that one - but again, that could wait until later...

Currently, Dr. Death Ray was more or less just ticked off and embarrassed by Aoizootal's behavior. I mean, can... can you believe some ponies GREGG?

No sir, Dr. Death Ray sir.

That's right! I mean... I'm not against destruction of public property if it sends... well... you know? -A message... but what kind of a message is that brat trying to send? Hello everypony... hello - I'm a buckin' psycho ice witch?! And then she just - just snubs Silver Song like - like she's too good for her or something... Silver Song! Such a nice, sweet, thoughtful, caring, charming, lovely, beautiful...

Sir?

-But for cryin' out Discord, GREGG, is Aoigodzeutight a brat or what?!

Death Ray could've gone on for quite a while longer, but as Raggie rushed off it snapped him out of his internal dialogue. He glanced at the hippogriff's retreating back, then turned to Silver Song and grinned apologetically. Clearing his throat, he sat down, tapped his forehooves together tentatively, and tried to avoid eye contact as he said hesitantly, "Sorry for all the... errrrrr..." He looked about the library, "-Mess. I don't know what's up with that... uh... crazy... ice. dragon. thing... but I just met it today... and I..." the Doctor glanced around again, then added in a conspiratorial whisper while tapping his skull, "I think she's got a little too much ice on the brain. Maybe she had one brain freeze too many as a child or something?"

The Doctor cleared his throat and shrugged, looking at Silver Song directly for once as he said flatly, "I don't really like her much."

"Dr. Death Ray sir?" GREGG piped up at Death Ray's side, "Don't forget about your appointment at Sweet Hearts sir."

"Riiiiiiiiiight..." the Doctor paused, "Well, I... I guess I really ought to be going no - OOH!" Death Ray raised a hoof, looking to Silver Song, "One moment please."

Turning his back on Silver Song, Death Ray reached into his coat pocket for some spare parts while waving GREGG over, Help me with this wouldja?

Spoiler:

After a few moments Dr. Death Ray turned back around, glanced at his finished product, and shrugged. "Not... uh... my best work... by any means... but..." He offered Silver Song his card, "Here. Take... take this..." Suddenly feeling even more self-conscious, the Doctor added, "It's a number where you can... reach... me... uuuuuuuh... If you..." He coughed, "-if you find out anything about... those. guys. we... talked about... earlier..."

Death Ray fell silent for a moment, then took a deep breath, "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - think I'll be going now."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:42 am

Land Lobber looked lost and lorn... Or at least that was how he tried to look. He was never truly lost, and never truly lorn for that matter either. Everything running about, he didn't want to step on them by accident, so we could only move ever so slowly along the way. Clearly he was right though, at the crowd and attention, it was a good idea to leave. Of course, the others would no doubt be running back to implicate him in the crime, but hopefully that only occurred after the investigations and crowds finished. Yes, he should be taking responsibility for the crew, and a bundle of mean, quick-tempered, psychopathic, petty and most of all unnecessarily and gratuitously violent creatures were perfect to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies as he sailed the seas...

But pirate code 101 is to never make a scene at your home dock. If anything, you should do charity work there to make sure that even the guards will turn a blind eye if higher authorities come sniffing around. And while this wasn't exactly his home dock, until the afternoon ship's robbery attempt goes south, he's not exactly a pirate either, just a thug with an impeccable moral code, so until he began sailing in earnest, this WAS his home dock, whether he like it or not. So he should work towards stopping these things. Then again, if he were not yet a full pirate again, then they were not yet his crew... So they were someone else's problem... But if that were the case, he should intercede to build rapport with the locals... But that could damage the morale of the crew... But they were not yet crew...

His circular thinking had him over-analyzing the situation, auto-piloting himself further from the scene.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 am

Aoi walks over, in front of Lobber and after looking at him for a moment asks, "Are you ok?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Silver Song nods once in response to Dr. D.  "I-it's alright..." she says somewhat absentmindedly. She blinks as she receives the card and smiles slightly accepting it.  "Right, thank you! I'll be sure to let you know."

It doesn't take you all long at all to spot Lobber and Aoi with him.

As you all regroup outside the library, you see a group of ponies beginning to gather and surround you and the crowd of students. The majority of them seem to be dressed similarly to the pony you saw leading the marching group when you first entered the campus, while a few others seem to be wearing more formal clothes. Two mares step out of the gathered crowd of what you assume to be instructors, one much younger and holding an umbrella up over the other. One is a gaunt older unicorn in a pantsuit that hides her cutie mark, her purple coat and black mane greying slightly as she regards everyone assembled with a withering glare and speaks with a voice that practically drips with disappointment and disdain as she levitates a thin cigarette holder away from her mouth. "What's this I hear of unauthorized brawling on campus?"

Like a wave, the students all seem to point towards your group and say "they did it ma'am!" in chorus.

The older mare slowly turns her head from the students over to all of you and regards you with an uninterested expression. "And who are you?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 pm

"Someone who is very busy dealing with problems related to cursed artifacts and cults and really does not have the time to deal with interruptions and thoughtless mobs." Aoi replies sternly to the mare and gives the assembled students a brief withering glance.

Persuasion: 18 + 8 = 26 (+5 from HoC if needed)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:51 pm

"For crying out-" at the back of the group, the Doctor facehoofed.

That's it!

What's 'it', Dr. Death Ray sir?

THAT'S it.

Sir, I don't think my processors quite follow...

I've had enough of this brat!

Uh oh... Sir? I'd highly advise against that course of action... Sir? Sir?!

Ignoring GREGG's warnings, Death Ray - still in his conformist's clothes - marched up to confront Aoi, and (while also ignoring the herd assembling around them) he took a deep breath, glared at the dragon-thing, then asked her, "Just what the BUCK is WRONG WITH YOU KID?! Thoughtless mobs? -Really? Really? Do you honestly think that insulting, intimidating, and beating ponies up is going to get you ANYWHERE with them? That's horrible!" He pointed an accusing hoof at Aoi, "You're horrible!" The Doctor tapped his hoof to his chest, "-And you better believe I should know you little ice witch, I've got a Ph.D. in Horribleness and I'm a supervillain, but even I know better than to treat everypony like DIRT! What?! Did they... did they never teach you manners in N...Nee... Neigh- Narnia? - Wherever it is you're from - or were you just too busy getting admired for your so-called 'godhood,'" the Doctor made air-quotes with his hooves at 'godhood', "that you didn't realize that you're no better than anypony else? I don't care if you are from some fancy pants foreign nation, and I don't care if you are a goddess of the stupid winter - all I see is nothing more than some small, insecure, self-important, anti-social, insensitive, snot-nosed jerk - and a spoiled brat to boot..." The Doctor paused at that point - realizing what he'd just said... "Uh... Go ahead... beat me up too..." he winced, "just like you... just like you did with... with Torch over there... but..." Then the Doctor took another deep breath, "but it won't change the fact that you've got a heart that's just as cold as the deepest, darkest, blackest ice you could command."

-Then the Doctor bit his lip and prepared for a buck to the face... A kick to the groin? ... Or maybe she'd just use her ice to turn him into a snow cone? As he prepared to kiss his flank goodbye, Death Ray vaguely wondered what flavor he would be...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Aoi scowls at the Dr and as he speaks she just seems to get angrier and angrier until steam is actually hissing forth from her ears and when he finishes she opens her mouth as if to say something but, can't seem to get it out. Then she suddenly bursts into tears and flies off, shouting something inaudible into the howling winds the surround her as she goes.

Weather Crafting: 18 + 9 = 27 (+5 from HoC)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Torch looks at Aoi shocked, and begins to run after her, saying over his shoulder, "Guys, just talk to the official,get it handled! I'll find Aoi! Meet us at the docks!"

Perception and Athletics:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Ragnarok face-palms at the Doctor's rant before approaching the Unicorn. "Please ignore the outbursts of the socially inept child who likely only has a basic understanding of this language and the equally socially inept actor who is apprently prone to disillusions." This part she says while looking straight at Doctor Ray. "Now as for your question the two belligerents were the two that just ran away..." Here Ragnarok clutches her forehead in a mixture of anger and frustration. "Well then neither of them are students at this academy and it now appears that the instigator is going to attempt to make amends so then most internal and or criminal issues need not be raised at this time. Though if you find that their fighting has incurred any damages you may wish to negotiate a means payment with the delegation of Neighponese monks who are currently within town or immediately offshore due to the one that likely caused any damage being a ward of theirs."

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Did you really have to make her leak sir?

The Doctor rolled his eyes. After having first watched Aoi run off, then Torch run after, then Raggie give him the evil eye... now his own robot was giving him, Dr. Death Ray, a guilt trip? Dr. Death Ray looked up at his gold-plated companion in utter exasperation.

GREGG?! I... but... she... Whose... whose side are you on anyway?

Death Ray planted his rump down on the ground and crossed his forelegs, frowning. He looked down at the sidewalk, leaving the crowd to Raggie...

I'm on your side Doctor, but... but you made her leak from her eyes sir... That was, well, cruel sir - my internal hard drive assures me of that.

The Doctor sighed. But... um... I am a... well... I am a villain GREGG. What... what do you expect? I mean... it's not like I actually wanted to make her cry... I mean... I didn't even know she could cry... To think, she actually has... feelings... or... or maybe she was... faking...?

Sir...

-The voice in the Doctor's head had taken on an accusing tone now.

Okay, okay... Death Ray thought begrudgingly, So it does have feelings...

Sir...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:19 am

Despite his internal conflict, the path was clear from the start. They came running to implicate him, and the moment they did it all went downhill. The creepy one was taking a responsability role, though. That was important information, ready to take the blame but toss the punishment onto others. He liked it. Good style, good form. His defacto secondary employer was... Being himself, he guessed? Lots of talk then lots of silent introspection. Made him seem deep.

And then others start running away in all directions. Well, one direction, but its an expression, and he never was fond of one direction. Seemed childish. Just great. Implicate and vacate, like an experienced backstabber, but they couldn't be, so it must just be natural. Natural pirates, they were. Take the catch, and leave the hooks in another's hands. All crews needed a Star Scream, that old astrological navigator killed so many captains, his story was more popular than the lot of theirs combined. It was a good tale element to have, and he knew his path much better than those old shanties' captains did, it would be fine. Needed a bit on execution though, the tearful betrayer motif was long out of vogue compared to the caricatured cackling counterpart.

...But that wasn't the problem right now.

"Be seeming like everythin' be under control here, then? That be good." He said, just part of the curious crowd, if maybe a more involved party with the other sideline talkers.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 pm

A murmur runs through the crowd in response to Aoi's claims as the students look to each other. Some of the ponies in the front of the small crowd flinch and shuffle their hooves(and or other equivalent limbs) as she glares at them. Some of the teachers that are beginning to surround you shuffle about in place and look towards the older mare for guidance.

The murmur quickly dies down to a deathly silence as Dr. D chews out Aoi and she flees crying followed by Torch, the sounds of her sobs slowly fading away until they're lost to the rain.

The mood in the air has shifted greatly in a few short moments. There's an uncomfortable silence hanging over every pony, a few small coughs come from the crowd as nopony seems to know what to say. The teachers seem to be looking around, completely confused as to what to do. Some are glancing in the direction Aoi. Attempts to surround you seem to have been forgotten in the spectacle as they form a loose curved line in front of the library.

The unicorn mare's expression has changed from one of disdain to one of appraisal as she looks what's left of you over. Taking a drag from her cigarette and breathes out a small puff of smoke as she schools her features back into a stoic uninterested expression. "I am not interested in criminal charges or reparations, I am interested in maintaining the order in my academy." She pauses for a moment, closing her eyes in thought as she takes another drag. "I am well aware that ponies of your age group are occasionally subject to hormonal urges towards rough-housing and the like. All I care about is that the next time they feel an urge towards such brutish foolery they take it to the appropriate facilities. Maybe you can learn something while you beat the snot out of each other." She says in an exasperated tone. You get the feeling the only knowledge this mare has of social interaction came from a textbook.

Despite the rain and wind Torch manages to keep track of Aoi fairly easily. Following her along through the streets as she flies, slowly gaining on her and avoiding any obstacles almost as if by instinct as she keeps his focused trained on not losing the dragonnel. After a short while he's caught up enough that they can hear each other, as he's practically running just behind her.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Torch runs just behind Aoi, and yells out over the roaring wind and rain, "AOI! AOI, STOP! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU! I"M SORRY!"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Aoi keeps flying for a bit before stopping and turns her head to look at Torch and says reproachfully, "What do you want? Where did you even come from?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 am

Torch jerks to a halt, and says, "Oh, I followed you. Listen, Aoihime, we need to talk. What Doc said back there was harsh, but it had some truth to it. You expect your semi-divinity to grant you absolute power, but we're not all your servants, and if you're gonna come with us, you need to understand that,"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:01 am

Aoi looking both confused and angry replies, "Really!? Whose servants did you think you were? Verana's? Because that's just who you want to be serving. A dead god. Though I guess with your failure to understand basic concepts like 'raising people from the dead with cursed artifacts is a bad plan' maybe you would! Or did you really think you're all here just as some coincidence? That you and the Professor and a pirate and a super villain were all brought together to aid me in this task by mere circumstance? I know that all of you probably value your 'freedom' more than the honor of serving but, that's just the hand fate has dealt you. Struggling against it just makes things harder and may be the difference between success or failure in our task. Even if you don't grasp these truths yet, your complaints seem to be that I've asked you to trust me the same as I would trust any of you when you speak. And for this that horrible little deluded broken unicorn insults me? Mocks my name and my nation? Because he's been given the chance to prove he's worthy? You are all quite lucky I at least care about my duty or I would simply leave you all here to die at the claws of the Windigo King or his followers and none could say you had not earned that fate."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:10 am

Torch looks affronted, then says hotly, "My problem is that you expect us to defer to you in all things, when the reality is we've been doing just fine without you! NONE of this is duty, we're doing this because we care! WE are not serving anypony! We are independent parties allied in a common cause! And another thi... wait... what did you just say about raising the dead?" He says in a voice like fire.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:20 am

"Ain't that nice? And the two culprits be workin' it out with nae a mediator in sight, just like mam used to encourage." Of course, that was not an ideal path. At least so far as he could see. At least this was a no-fault situation though... In that he was faultless. He looked up at the sky to check the time through the sun's passage. Tyrant she may be, but Celestia did make that glowing orb move like clockwork. Wouldn't want to be late for their boating appointment.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:40 am

Aoi slowly drops to the ground as she starts laughing. When she finishes, still clutching her sides, she says, "Oh yes, you were doing great. You had not even thought to find out who you were dealing with before I arrived but, I'm sure you would have been just fine as you say. And the pirate and the super villain care! Because that's what pirates and villains do!" At which point she doubles over in laughter. After taking another moment to catch her breath she continues, "I already told you and the thief before. Using these artifacts to raise the dead will just lead to disaster. The Professor said, and I agree, that your goal in all this is probably the same as the foolish thief's. To mix two things everyone knows not to fool with. Probably without the slightest bit of research. What were you going to do? Just grab one of the Windigo King's artifacts and wave it and Verana's necklace over your head dancing on your loved one's ashes and figuring it would all work out for the best?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 am

Torch is livid now, rage coloring his features, and he says, "No, that was not my intention, you ignorant, unsympathetic robot! I have, in fact researched this artifact, and know that it's a conduit for great and powerful magics. I have been researching this since before you could TALK! I have seen spells that would curdle your blood in my search. What do you know about ANYTHING, about loss, and desperation, and pain?!" Upon this, he pulls out the letter and shoves it in her face, saying, "Here! Look! If I seem to be in a bad mood, THIS is why! I have NOTHING NOW! NO MOTHER, NO FATHER, NO ONE! THIS IS ALL I HAVE LEFT NOW, AND NOPONY WILL STAND IN THE WAY OF THAT!" He sits back, and a pained look comes upon his face. He says softly, "I want them back, Aoi. You don't get what it feels like. I got that letter this morning. I'm sorry for yelling."

Last edited by SubjectZ on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:04 am

Aoi flinches at the intensity and then shakes her head and says somberly, "You're right. The artifacts are powerful. I never said they weren't. They just aren't controllable. Certainly not to do such unnatural things. And I suppose you're right again, I'm young and I never knew my parents. They both died a long time before I was born. I do know about death and sorrow though. It's no excuse for profaning the departed. Death is a part of life. Nothing good comes out of refusing to accept that. You may no longer have family but, here and now you have a purpose. And maybe that will lead you to making a new family as is the natural way of things." Then she gently took the letter to read it.

After reading the letter she hands it back and says, "I'm sorry for your loss. May your family's spirits rest in peace and in each other's comfort."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next