Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

+5
Sable Tails
elfowlgirl
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
The Warrior of Many Faces
9 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 4 Empty Re: Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Instead of trying to disable the spells, Daisy will try to see if she can find out where the "unknown location is" and trying to reverse the collecting of the other spell (if that's not possible at least find out what it collected).

Arcana for the first: 15 + 1 from C + 8 = 24. Meh, that's not gonna work.

Arcana for the second: 15 + 1 from C + Nat20 = 36 with Cutie Mark Critical!
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 4 Empty Re: Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Sable Tails Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 pm

"Except you, Stasis," Flam interjects. "Our information regarding you came from..." He chuckles. "Well, put it this way. We have an infallible eyewitness source."

Stasis takes a moment to digest this information before replying, "...I see." He cocks an eyebrow. "Tell me, then...do you have a plan for how this little caper is to take place? Surely somepony as great and powerful as your mysterious employer must be will have already come up with some kind of plan on how to successfully carry out this mission? After all, whether we succeed or fail, we will surely bring down the wrath of the goddesses upon ourselves the moment we touch the Bearers or the Elements. Not to mention, we will likely become the most hated, most hunted creatures in all of Equestria, if not the world. I, at least, am not willing to walk into certain death, not for any price you could pay."

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:40 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Doc pseudopolis wrote:The saxophone player starts to edge towards the gathering and realises something causing the smooth jazz to cut out with a squawk and a clang as he drops his saxophone.
"You mean like a necklace-y type thing? Oh buck me."
Spoiler:
Flam turns to glare at the baby dragon. "Explain."
Roll (Persuasion: To seem confident and in control despite the situation being REALLY against him)
Roll:
Despite flinching slightly when glared at the Dragon (Green scales [painted, pains taken to make it obvious], blues eyes behind some sunglasses and wearing a matching jacket to the eyes) he smiles and walks confidently towards the group while holding his hands out to the sides to show that they are quite empty and he is not a threat.
"Well too late to back out now""Weeell...You might consider me to have already taken a crack, however unintentional, at taking one of the elements."
When he reaches the group he puts his arm around Flam's neck like he's sharing a secret (pickpocketing one).
"You'see I tried, key word being tried, to burgle a small place called the Carousel Boutique, heard about the small fortune in gemstones kept there and a relative lack of a security system and thought it would be an easy job, which eventually ended up with me finding my way to the owners bedroom.
He lets go of Flam and goes up to Trixie, where he acts all polite and gentlecoltly to her (kissing her hoof that sort of thing, also pickpocketing two).
"Nice to meet you Miss Trixie, and please don't tell me it's Mrs Trixie and break my heart. Now I wont go into where I found it but I will say that it practically smelled powerful, the fact that it was adorned with a flawlessy cut gem made it seem all the more valuable to me so I tried to take it but that woke the filly up."
He then goes up to Gilda and leans on her, enough to make it seem that he is still in control (Pickpocketing three).
"Long story short I end up getting launched from a second story window by a hysterical mare and you know the worst part? She didn't even let me keep any of my loot. So yeah, like your letter said I do have a grudge."
He walks to a table close to the staff entrance he came from and sits down in one of the chairs.
"If you three and your Oh-so-mysterious boss can give me the means and chance to pull that heist off Successfully and get back my lost honour as a theif I would be greatly appreciative. By the way you can call me C. I am a thief.
Roll (Stealth: Pickpocketing Flam, Trixie and Gilda)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Silver did not seem impressed. "What, pray tell, does 'C' stand for? Cretin?" He grinned. "Or could you just not afford the rest of the alphabet? I hear E's are on sale this week."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:Silver did not seem impressed. "What, pray tell, does 'C' stand for? Cretin?" He grinned. "Or could you just not afford the rest of the alphabet? I hear E's are on sale this week."
"Heh. Like I'm going to tell you what a pseudonym That doesn't mean anything means. Haven't you heard of the phrase 'Less is more'?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Wrangler continues to chew through the salt block. Licking is for lazy cowards who can't handle the flavor.
((Perception on C stealing their shit: 17 (10+7) nope. I justify that as a business pony he's used to keeping watch for thieves.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Horus sighs, but keeps it quiet. Well, leave it to the hunters, even if baby hunters, to actually be useful, even if a bit over-chummy. That meant the tiny lizard knew the lay of the land. The others might be pickpockets, loose-lipped fools, crazed monsters, but at least this one failed in a useful way. That took more skill than he'd guess was available from the others.

He took at face value that they were watched and that a blackmail opportunity was put forth. With how quickly they agreed to the payout, they would need some sort of insurance that the interested parties didn't just run off. Threats backed against sovereignty were fine in that regard. In a way, he was disappointed it wasn't something more lethal. By the time they were done, Celestia and Luna would well know their intents anyways, so really there was no difference in the threat: the end result was the same. They were clearly new at this. That made them disposable minions. He expected he could slaughter the delicious blue morsel and no repercussions would really happen, but she gave the bits, so their leader is fairly confident. Do not start a war you know you cannot win. Fight only the battle whose outcome is preordained. That was not this one. So instead, Horus watches, and waits.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Ramsus wrote:Instead of trying to disable the spells, Daisy will try to see if she can find out where the "unknown location is" and trying to reverse the collecting of the other spell (if that's not possible at least find out what it collected).

Arcana for the first: 15 + 1 from C + 8 = 24. Meh, that's not gonna work.

Arcana for the second: 15 + 1 from C + Nat20 = 36 with Cutie Mark Critical!

Daisy is unable to figure out the location: that was so heavily shrouded that she'd need to take an hour at least to unravel it all. However, she finds that the other spell was collecting samples of each of their life forces. Not only do the samples return to their owners, Daisy gets a sampling of the life force of the three unicorns involved in making the spell, although she'd have to spend some time studying them to get anything useful from them. Two of them feel like Trixie's and Flam's, however.

Sable Tails wrote:Stasis takes a moment to digest this information before replying, "...I see." He cocks an eyebrow. "Tell me, then...do you have a plan for how this little caper is to take place? Surely somepony as great and powerful as your mysterious employer must be will have already come up with some kind of plan on how to successfully carry out this mission? After all, whether we succeed or fail, we will surely bring down the wrath of the goddesses upon ourselves the moment we touch the Bearers or the Elements. Not to mention, we will likely become the most hated, most hunted creatures in all of Equestria, if not the world. I, at least, am not willing to walk into certain death, not for any price you could pay."

"Essentially, you'd sneak in at night and take them," Flam explains. "You'd likely be based out of the Everfree Forst to avoid detection while you look for the perfect opportunity. Amulets provided by Trixie and myself will prevent any residue that could be traced back to you so long as you're careful. You can sneak in, grab the Elements, slaughter or capture them if you wish, then retreat into the forest and wait for your next opportunity. Once you have them... well, shortly afterward, our dear Princesses won't be capable of hunting you down." Glancing at Stasis, he mouths the words "Non-violent" at him.

[Perception Check 30 to notice the mouthed words. Perception 15 to notice the mouthing to begin with.]

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Roll (Persuasion: To seem confident and in control despite the situation being REALLY against him)
Roll:
Despite flinching slightly when glared at the Dragon (Green scales [painted, pains taken to make it obvious], blues eyes behind some sunglasses and wearing a matching jacket to the eyes) he smiles and walks confidently towards the group while holding his hands out to the sides to show that they are quite empty and he is not a threat.
"Well too late to back out now""Weeell...You might consider me to have already taken a crack, however unintentional, at taking one of the elements."
When he reaches the group he puts his arm around Flam's neck like he's sharing a secret (pickpocketing one).
"You'see I tried, key word being tried, to burgle a small place called the Carousel Boutique, heard about the small fortune in gemstones kept there and a relative lack of a security system and thought it would be an easy job, which eventually ended up with me finding my way to the owners bedroom.
He lets go of Flam and goes up to Trixie, where he acts all polite and gentlecoltly to her (kissing her hoof that sort of thing, also pickpocketing two).
"Nice to meet you Miss Trixie, and please don't tell me it's Mrs Trixie and break my heart. Now I wont go into where I found it but I will say that it practically smelled powerful, the fact that it was adorned with a flawlessy cut gem made it seem all the more valuable to me so I tried to take it but that woke the filly up."
He then goes up to Gilda and leans on her, enough to make it seem that he is still in control (Pickpocketing three).
"Long story short I end up getting launched from a second story window by a hysterical mare and you know the worst part? She didn't even let me keep any of my loot. So yeah, like your letter said I do have a grudge."
He walks to a table close to the staff entrance he came from and sits down in one of the chairs.
"If you three and your Oh-so-mysterious boss can give me the means and chance to pull that heist off Successfully and get back my lost honour as a theif I would be greatly appreciative. By the way you can call me C. I am a thief.
Roll (Stealth: Pickpocketing Flam, Trixie and Gilda)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Trixie glares at C. "Unlike a certain white unicorn, Trixie does not consort outside her species!"

Flam doesn't appear to have noticed the 20 bits C pilfered from his pocket. Flam wasn't carrying anything else, though.

Results of Rolls:

Quietkal wrote:Wrangler continues to chew through the salt block. Licking is for lazy cowards who can't handle the flavor.
((Perception on C stealing their shit: 17 (10+7) nope. I justify that as a business pony he's used to keeping watch for thieves.))

Agreed, so you get a +5 bonus and catch his attempts.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Roll (Stealth: Pickpocketing something from trixie.)
Roll:
"Ouch. Remind me to not really try to seduce you, rather than just just getting close enough to pickpocket you."
C dangles what he took from Flam and Trixie from one of his claws.
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Herr Freischütz immediately grew suspicious of the baby dragon, glaring at him beneath rose-tinted glasses. If he wasn't careful, the dragon could steal the trigger, ask "WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO" and press it, and then they'd all be destroyed. People like that shouldn't mess with science!
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Roll (Stealth: Pickpocketing something from trixie.)
Roll:
"Ouch. Remind me to not really try to seduce you, rather than just just getting close enough to pickpocket you."
C dangles what he took from Flam and Trixie from one of his claws.
Spoiler:

Trixie smirks: what C is waving is a note that reads: "Did you really think you could pull one over on the Great and Powerful Trixie?"

Flam, on the other hoof, sighs again, using magic to snatch the bits out of C's hand. "Here's a tip, kid: don't let people see that you've stolen something if they can do something about it."

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 pm

"If I didn't show you how would you know I could do it in the first place? and lady, you wound me, how am I supposed to steal anything of value if you only have those notes on you, it's like you were planning for me."
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:"If I didn't show you how would you know I could do it in the first place? and lady, you wound me, how am I supposed to steal anything of value if you only have those notes on you, it's like you were planning for me."
Spoiler:

Trixie simply widens her smirk.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm

He sighs. "Can... can we just move along and do whatever we're supposed to do before we all end up in a Battle Royale to the death?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:He sighs. "Can... can we just move along and do whatever we're supposed to do before we all end up in a Battle Royale to the death?"

"Thank you!" Flam exclaims.

"Trixie is waiting for your acceptance... or lack thereof," says Trixie, rolling her eyes.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:19 pm

"Whoever your leader is, he knows one thing - if I have money, and some in advance, there is nothing I will not do. Aside from prostitution. There's another zebra for that."

And seriously, screw that guy. Not really, but... well, you know.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Daisy laughs at C's showmanship and Trixie's note.
Edit: And the mention of a male zebra prostitute as well.

Since she knew she wouldn't have time to analyze the scrying spell, she instead tried to see if she could just make it erase and fail to further record her presence.

Arcana: 15 + 1 from C + 15 = 31.

Does Daisy need to worry about the spell possibly being re-reversed? If so does she need to make another arcana roll to dispel it? For logic why she wouldn't, since the spell is more or less now her spell, it wouldn't take much effort to end your own spells.

Wow...passive mage fighting involves a lot of Arcana checks, lol.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Whoever your leader is, he knows one thing - if I have money, and some in advance, there is nothing I will not do. Aside from prostitution. There's another zebra for that."

And seriously, screw that guy. Not really, but... well, you know.

Trixie grimaces. "Yes, well, fortunately for you, we won't be requiring any such services."

Ramsus wrote:Daisy laughs at C's showmanship and Trixie's note.
Edit: And the mention of a male zebra prostitute as well.

Since she knew she wouldn't have time to analyze the scrying spell, she instead tried to see if she could just make it erase and fail to further record her presence.

Arcana: 15 + 1 from C + 15 = 31.

Does Daisy need to worry about the spell possibly being re-reversed? If so does she need to make another arcana roll to dispel it? For logic why she wouldn't, since the spell is more or less now her spell, it wouldn't take much effort to end your own spells.

Wow...passive mage fighting involves a lot of Arcana checks, lol.

Daisy feels the part of the spell observing her go black: she is off the grid again.

That said, she senses two magical surges: one trying to just plain end the reversed spell and another attacking her directly in some way. The magic appears stronger from what she had previously observed.

[You'll want to roll Arcana for each spell if you want to counter it.]

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Daisy uses Jinx on the essence of the third unicorn to Jinx it and tries to wrest control of all it spells from it and turn them against them for daring to attack her.

Arcana for the weird application of Jinx: 15 + 1 from C + 14 = 30
Arcana for the essence spell: 15 + 1 from C + 14 = 30
Arcana for the attack spell: 15 + 1 from C + 16 = 32
Arcana for the scrying/recording spell: 15 + 1 from C + 2 = 18 (wow this spell just doesn't like me, though an 18 might still beat a Jinxed opponent)
Uh....do I have to make any others!? Sheesh so much Arcana, it's not even funny.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 pm

((Is Daisy like glowing with magic all through this or something?))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy uses Jinx on the essence of the third unicorn to Jinx it and tries to wrest control of all it spells from it and turn them against them for daring to attack her.

Arcana for the weird application of Jinx: 15 + 1 from C + 14 = 30
Arcana for the essence spell: 15 + 1 from C + 14 = 30
Arcana for the attack spell: 15 + 1 from C + 16 = 32
Arcana for the scrying/recording spell: 15 + 1 from C + 2 = 18 (wow this spell just doesn't like me, though an 18 might still beat a Jinxed opponent)
Uh....do I have to make any others!? Sheesh so much Arcana, it's not even funny.

[You can't use Jinx. The talent says you have to be able to see or hear the target. And you don't have to do any more Arcana rolls as yet, although there is one possible roll if you're curious about the enhanced magical power on the other end. If not, you needn't roll to find it.]

Daisy finds herself in a magical stalemate in her attempts to turn back the three spells, except for the scry spell, which she loses any hold over.

Quietkal wrote:((Is Daisy like glowing with magic all through this or something?))

Good point.

Daisy's horn glows with magic during this time, bursting with intensity as she exerts more effort trying to turn three spells at once.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:45 pm

He studies Daisy's glowing horn. "If this was something truly dangerous, she'd probably be laughing. That much magic isn't healthy, whatever she's doing."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm curious and the point of that first Arcana roll was to modify a spell which is a use of It's Witchcraft and I have the essence right there which is a part of the pony which I can see but....whatever. You're the GM. *shrug* (Not sure what you can do with someone's essence aside from using it as a focus for spells though.)

Arcana for the mystery thing: 15 + 1 from C + 9 = 25.

And now for some special effects, since it's been declare my magic is showing (how embarrassing!)

Daisy's horn glows black and the shadows all around her seem to deepen and twist around into unsettling images.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Wrangler runs across the room and slams into the demon who's apparently bursting with magic. "Oi! There'll be none of your dark magic while I'm 'ere."
((I could roll Stunts for this if you want, but it's basically just to stop her from doing whatever she's doing, and it's not like she can dodge while countering the spells.))
((Stunts roll for slamming into Ramsus because Wrangler somehow might miss his charge?: 32 (19+13) ))

Last edited by Quietkal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Ramsus wrote:I'm curious and the point of that first Arcana roll was to modify a spell which is a use of It's Witchcraft and I have the essence right there which is a part of the pony which I can see but....whatever. You're the GM. *shrug* (Not sure what you can do with someone's essence aside from using it as a focus for spells though.)

Arcana for the mystery thing: 15 + 1 from C + 9 = 25.

And now for some special effects, since it's been declare my magic is showing (how embarrassing!)

Daisy's horn glows black and the shadows all around her seem to deepen and twist around into unsettling images.

[Oh yeah, that's a good point.]

Just before Wrangler slams into her, Daisy puts on an extra burst of energy and succeeds in turning back all three spells. She catches a vision of a well-dressed white unicorn writhing in pain with a couple of other unicorns sharing in it. But then Wrangler slams into her and she loses all concentration on the spells.

[I'm ruling that since they weren't yours initially, you'd have to concentrate to keep them working, given the skill of the unicorns on the other end.]

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next