Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World, A Part

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
thematthew
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
8 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

A World, A Part - Page 2 Empty Re: A World, A Part

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm

The Reaper looked thoughtful for a moment, chased the rubble into the over dimension and slashed at the thing with it's scythe.
Roll (Subtraction: Subject: Rubble)
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Appkes wrote:so what should we do now that we understand each other and have a dimension as empty as between?

Kyath projected, unsure what came next, particularly with the tree-giant's announcement that it would go home.

"My mission was to find a new home for the species that made me. Or to create a new one, if possible.
I have also been instructed to cooperate with any lifeforms already in place. If this place is truly ours to create, I intend to fulfill my mission."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Dynamo looked at the rubble that she was hit with... Then to the blank realm... "MMm... Well given the fact this a new realm. I wonder if this can work." She tries to use her own magical lightning to turn the rubble into a black hole.

Lightning Can Do Anything (It's Witchcraft):
Next she tries to use her god powers to alter the black hole into a white hole.

Alteration Roll:
(OOC: Basically she's trying to both make a black hold then turn it inside out, making matter out of nothing... Hope that nat 20 covered the black hole building and hope the alteration roll was good enough to pull this crazy idea off.
Edit: adding magic point to arcana roll.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Xel, I'll let you keep your magic point because... yeah.

The reaper cuts the rock cleanly in half... but it just because two rock halves. Then Dynamo magically alters them into tiny itty bitty singularities... which then fail to produce the effect she want before then resulting in an explosion so massive.... that you don't even feel any heat off of it. (Note: massive was used sarcastically.)

Thanks to this demonstration you now have a clear understanding that your powers of creation only have an effect on things you've created or to create things for this plane. Also that Dynamo can make rocks explode in a very interesting way.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Gnarl, still walking away, was not, for the moment, inclined to answer any inquiries regards his home, extraplanar or otherwise. He was, in fact, not inclined to answer any inquiries at all. He'd made his mind up: these were no-good sprouts of never-before-seen smallish size running around doing nothing in particular of importance, confused and eager to attack the world. Whereas he, of course, was none of these things. He would not be "hanging out" with them at any point in the nearby future. Answering questions would not change this fact; only lengthen the amount of time he'd need to spend explaining things to these...odd little ones.

The solitude was easily better than this.

Easily.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Jingle Bell looked at the massive tree-thing that was walking away from them. She jumped into the air and followed him. "Where are you going to go, if you don't stay with us?" she asked the lumbering creature. After studying him for a moment, she added, "Are you supposed to be a tree? You don't look like any tree I've ever seen." Figuring it might be rude to inquire these things without introducing herself, she did. "I'm Jingle Bell, by the way."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 pm

((OOC: Well I tried the crazy off the wall thinking... Pitty it didn't work the way I hoped it would've. At least I get to keep a magic point. XD ))

"Ok... Not the intended effect..." The Magical Robot said with a sigh.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am

elfowlgirl wrote:Jingle Bell looked at the massive tree-thing that was walking away from them. She jumped into the air and followed him. "Where are you going to go, if you don't stay with us?" she asked the lumbering creature. After studying him for a moment, she added, "Are you supposed to be a tree? You don't look like any tree I've ever seen." Figuring it might be rude to inquire these things without introducing herself, she did. "I'm Jingle Bell, by the way."

Gnarl's brow moved downwards with glacial slowness as he paused his strides to look at the small one, but over a few eonish seconds they managed to reach their destination. "Scram," he said, pointedly ignoring the fact that this new aggressor to his personal space was flying in the air alongside him. Or, at this juncture, in front of him.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 am

"Aw, come on!" She flew up near his face. "Why're you such a grumpy-face? It's impossible to always be sad." Jingle bopped Gnarl on the... nose? "Now I've gotta cheer you up, and I'm sure you don't want that."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 am

Being stumped at how to better build this realm of hers, Dynamo tries to then exit back to the layer of reality the rest of the party were in at the moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 am

Fallen Arches furrows his brow, watching as the others attempt to understand their new world. Realizing this is his chance to finally have the recognition he has always deserved he rears up on a nearby hunk of rubble, "Wait friends, or at least companions, don't you see what is happening here? This is our chance to create something greater than ourselves, to become gods in our own right and steer this new world in directions of our own choosing! Why wander this bleak lifeless place alone, when you have the power to forge your own bleak lifeless husk of land! No more will we be castoffs, shunned and spurned by those who should respect us. We can do the shunning, neigh even the spurning! And we must start by claiming whatever resources these places have that we don't yet, taking their strength to be our own! I, Fallen Arches, the pony master of sorcery call to you who share this gift to come and bring this new land together!" After a quick breath, and a pat on the pack for a great minion-moral boosting speech, "Uh, please."

Last edited by thematthew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 am

(OOC: Assuming that Dynamo can hear it or got back to outside their personal reality or something like that)

Dynamo laughs hard when she hears the term god spoken by Fallen Arches. "Wow... I like you, your insanity is funny to me."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 am

Taken aback by being laughed at, "Who are you calling insane?" Fallen Arches asks, "How could you possibly think I am insane?

You can almost feel the emphasis placed on the word I.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 am

"Because you talk of gods as if that claim could be even be proven." Dynamo said with a chuckle.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 am

(This metal pony seems to have a few screws loose, I must help her see)Oo.

"So if you don't think gods is the right term, what would you call us oh shiny one?" Fallen Arches scoffs.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:50 am

"We're just normal beings from different backgrounds, who are for some reason unknown to us, are now tasked with the goal of making a universe of together... Along with the power to make such a realm. Nothing less, nothing more." The Ponyforged Golem replied frankly.

Last edited by Xel The Medic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 am

elfowlgirl wrote:"Aw, come on!" She flew up near his face. "Why're you such a grumpy-face? It's impossible to always be sad." Jingle bopped Gnarl on the... nose? "Now I've gotta cheer you up, and I'm sure you don't want that."

"...urgh," Gnarl placed his forehead, or perhaps his crown, in his hand. "Tell you what," he said, seemingly brightening as he smilied an obviously false smile. "If you can beat me at a contest of my choosing, I'll stick around at least long enough to answer your questions. Deal?" Wood creaked again as the woodman spread his palms slightly.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 am

thematthew wrote:"Wait friends, or at least companions, don't you see what is happening here? This is our chance to create something greater than ourselves, to become gods in our own right and steer this new world in directions of our own choosing! Why wander this bleak lifeless place alone, when you have the power to forge your own bleak lifeless husk of land!"
"The creation of a lifeless world has no appeal to me. I am, however, equipped with the ability to create organic life. Given some time and resources. Cooperation seems the most desireable option.
Speaking of which..."

The VNS turns towards Jingle Bell and Gnarl, just observing the sitiuation for the moment.
((OOC: No, this is not some extra utility talent/racial/anything I expect to actually use in the game: "time" in this case means a century or two at the very least))
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 am

"Sure!" she clapped her hooves together happily. "What d'ya wanna play?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Gnarl hesitated for a split-second, having not actually thought of the way in which he would get this small...animal to go away. A brief glance around that looked suspiciously like a strong wind nudging on oak tree slightly to the side, and Gnarl finally spotted a nearby pile of rubble.

The creature did not smile, but managed to look pleased with himself anyhow as he slowly walked over to it. "The one who lifts the largest rock off the ground is...grah!" The old tree paused in his explanations in order to lift a medium-ish boulder an inch or two from the ground, ominous crackling heard echoing through his holey body. As Gnarl set the rock down again, he gasped a needless, yet somehow instinctual, gasp of air. "...is the winner."

Privately, Gnarl smirked. No, he was not exactly the strongest member of his race, but he was very large. Certainly there could be no possible way that such a small creature could match one as large as he for strength!

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Brawn:
Endurance:

Jingle looked at the somewhat larger boulder next to the one that Gnarl had just picked up. She flew over until she was next to it, put both hooves under it, then strained in an attempt to pull it above her head. It raised about an inch up... before she toppled over and the piece of rubble went rolling off into nowhere. "Um." she looked at the giant. "Do I win?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Gnarl's eyes widened. What was this small one made of, anyhow?

Still, she had lifted up the boulder, and under her own power. Unexpected as the result might have been, Gnarl had no choice but to sigh (more like a gentle breeze at his size) and say "Alright, yeah, you won. Ask away. But make it quick!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Jingle took a deep breath... and spouted out questions. "Okay, hi, how are you, who are you actually, what are you is an even better question, where did you come from and why don't you want to stay with us considering that we're the only ones here?" She gasped for air for a moment, then smiled. "And I'm Jingle Bell! Maybe I've said that already... but you can call me Jingle!"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 pm

That was quick.

After taking a moment to compost compose himself under the reindeer's auditory assault, Gnarl scowled, reluctance etched like a knife-cut heart on his face. Still, he crossed his arms, settling backwards slightly, ready to tell old war stories, or at least the nearest equivalent he had to work with. "Well, since you're so darn interested...I'm pretty annoyed at the moment, since I don't like talking, and my name's Gnarl. I'm a Floralossus, and we are trees which walk." He raised his brow, somehow managing to convey the deadpan look that normally accompanied a singular eyebrow proceeding in an upward direction. "That last part's obvious, I hope? Should be. Come from a city called Fallow, far away I'm certain, no idea what's happened to it."

With a suddenness one does not expect from trees, even ones which move, Gnarl leaned forward again, poking at (but not quite actually poking) Jingle with an extended finger. "And I don't wanna hang out with you sprouts 'cause you ask annoyin' questions! 'Sides, a tree needs a little space in order to grow." Gnarl moved his hands to hips, frowning. "Though I've gotta admit, sprout, now you've got me curious. What exactly are you, and where the stalk do you get all your blasted enthusiasm from?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm

She smiled, and flew backwards a little to give him some more space. Jingle puffed her chest up with pride. "Thank you, Mr Gnarl! I'm a reindeer. One of the main 20, actually, although a few of them have a tendency to get more fame than the rest of us, not that we mind! Me and my family all work for Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, whatever you call him! We go around the world once a year and deliver presents to the all the good children. As for my enthusiasm..."

Jingle tilted her head in thought for a moment. "I dunno. Where does your unenthusiasm come from?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next