Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

+5
Grey Pen The Flawed
deonte9109
Whiteeyes
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) Empty The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Umm... Hello again. I've started thinking of trying to build another campaign here... This one would take all players who wish to do so. But death would be possible and have higher odds then normal. And the main draw of this campaign would be just... PVP COMBAT!!!

Yeah... Not sure what else to say other then, would anyone want to even play such an insane campaign? I mean I'm not even sure what the setting would be totally like... Other then maybe exist in the same world as my Campain of Jokers' Equestria, that'd allow Joker Templates to be used... In fact build whatever you want. Go wild... But just one thing... Little help on fully hammering this idea out if any of you are really interested in such a campaign type?

Now that I've gotten a good idea for how to work this... Here be the setting: This All-Power pony god character known as Minor Madness the "Half-Sane" Centpegacornequus (Mix together: Unicorn, Pegaus, Centaur, and a Draconequus... NO EARTH PONY...) And this Half-Sane God summons about 6 - 9 random characters to his realm he has made to compeate in a little fun Tournament he's running for wonderful prizes. The winner(s) of the contest get one free wish to do anything to their home realm whatever their heart desires to do with it that's within Minor Madness' powers. (given what he is, that's saying a LOT) Also everyone has the right to decline the contest or quit at any time to return to their home realm. BUT if your decline to partake in this contest or quit... Your character will do this knowing full well that gives Minor Madness the right to do WHATEVER HE WANTS with the player's home realm, and you'll be FULLY AWARE of what was changed, if anything...

Other then that, I say feel free to build ANYTHING, but it each character's home realm must have some link to My Little Pony. Be it just a realm full of ponies, a realm like ours where the show is but fiction, or from the show's cannon realm. Anything is fair game. Other then "most" Joke Templates... But you may the other dragon options form the Joke Half-Dragon template if you wish to build a character like so. If you wanta build something like a Werewolf or a Vampire, you may, but they don't get the bonus that the Joker versions of such characters get. I'll get to adding (0) racials and a list of allowed Joker Combat Talents to help with building Joke Template inspired characters. Also other stuff will be added to this page as well.

Character Starting Stats:
Mostly a normal level one character with 3000 bits. Everyone's net worth MUST be that much, so if you don't pick out some items you'll have 3000 bits on your person.

Also you all get one "Battle Skill" as I call them. Think of it as getting to take one Minor Action Talent for free into combat. Also most X Per Battle talents from this topic are allowed. And any Minor Action Talent may count as a Battle Skill if you wish to pick one. Enjoy... You may even build one yourself if you wish. But if you Build a battle skill said skill MUST first be approved by me before you may take it. Also you are given the Flexibility battle skill along with a second battle skill you may choose from, because I'm feeling crazy.

Lastly, IT'S OVER! is banned from this RP. Cause personally I hate that talent and feel it should NOT exist in this system.

Zero Point Racials: (WIP)
Were-something (0)
Pick one other race at character creation, you can now shift at will between your normal race and the choice race and count as a type of Were-creature between the second race.

Joke Combat Talents: (WIP)
(Most likely All Joke Template talents WILL be counted here. But they are just treated as normal combat talents.)

[0] Shapshift - Minor Utility
Change three of your combat talents for three other talent you didn't choose for combat, after the first time you do this talent you can only shift between the two sets of Three Talents whenever you next use this talent. If you use this talent twice in a role, you become dazed (save ends)

Tournament rules: (more to come)
1. No killing outside of Official Combat Battles.

Pending List:
Iron Mane by Grey Pen

Bon Odori by tygerburningbright

Curunir by Curunir

Character List:

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 14 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) Empty Re: The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  LoganAura Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I was about to post what was essentially a "Tournement" type thing, but a campaign... Two groups of players going through the same things and fighting one another for advantages and prospering?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) Empty Re: The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Well my first thoughts is a totally INSANE thought of three groups of three... >.>
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Did somebody call for insanity? Cause I got a heaping helping of it right here.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:29 pm

If ya need more players I can easily make up a random character for the lulz. Maybe some ridiculously powerful griffon that mastered shapeshifting with cyrokinesis. Oooo i should make a game out of what kind of character i would use for this.......If we can get details straightened out then Ill totally try this.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm

But ANY character... I'll work with whatever.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 am

I had a free form RP I ran once called the Mad Man Games that sounds kinds similar. It never got very far, but it'd be pretty simple to recycle.

Essential plot was that a maniacal demon (the titular Mad Man) was capturing heroes and adventurers and making them play in crazy tournament type stuff. It wasn't all combat, it wasn't even all dangerous; but you still sure didn't want to lose either...

I think something similar, where you don't know who or what you're going up against, could work well for a PVP Campaign. I would even game master it, except I've got one in line already...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:20 am

Acutally, that suggest is already giving me ideas for a sort of DBZ tournament type of thing... I'll get back you all. Don't worry I'll be the Pony Hander here, and tomorrow I'll get you all a better setting idea for yea to work with.

Look at dragonball multiverse for what my idea is going to be based off.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Ooooooh boy. We are in for it now...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Edited the first post and named the Campaign. :3

Hope this type of setting appeals to you all!

All I'll tell you is that the Level Up system will have In-Character counterpart that the campaign uses to for the Tourney, once I hammer out the details I'll add it to the first post too.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Drat you Xel. Now I have to make ANOTHER character!

...Or could I possibly re-use Ms. Skinny from Logan's thread?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:11 pm

I said nothing saying anything limiting your characters by not being able to reuse one. :3

So yeah, feel free to use him here too.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Re-roll Perception, Derpy; I said MS. Skinny. She's a lady!

Aaaand no. I have yet another crazy insane idea, and this is the perfect place for it.

If I can make it work satisfactorily... then get ready to meet Iron Mane! Mwahahahaha!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Can't wait to see it. Also everyone can take 3000 bits worth of stuff or start off with just 3000 bits as pocket money if you don't pick any items. Starting off with some money not spent on bits WILL be a good idea, just so you know.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Also added all characters MUST take a battle skill as well. IE: Pick out a ninth combat talent that's a Minor Action. That Talent you always take into combat...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:25 am

Fillies and Gentlecolts! Please welcome.... *drum roll*

Iron Mane!

No inventory for me thanks. I choose money!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:54 am

So, are there teams, or is this solo? Is it elimination, double elimination, best of series, round robin? That really affects how I'll build my character.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 am

Grey Pen wrote:Fillies and Gentlecolts! Please welcome.... *drum roll*

Iron Mane!

No inventory for me thanks. I choose money!
Screw the Rules, I HAVE MONEY!

Wait, you didn't do any rule screwing... You good and Iron Mane is now PENDING!!! Do suggest removing the N/As from your stats... While the focus is for combat. There WILL be non-combat stuff happening too.

Whiteeyes wrote:So, are there teams, or is this solo? Is it elimination, double elimination, best of series, round robin? That really affects how I'll build my character.
I foresee ALL types of fights popping up. BUT, I'm going to give most people a lot of leaway to easily trade out combat talents inbetween combats, other then the Battle Skill, that one STAYS, unless you really wanta find a way to undo that or something.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 am

All I mean by the N/As is that there's no particular bonus in that check. I get confused when the total is there, so I always just put the bonuses there by themselves. I could put zeros there instead maybe?

And I can do some rule screwing if it's that big of a deal... lol.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 am

Grey Pen wrote:All I mean by the N/As is that there's no particular bonus in that check. I get confused when the total is there, so I always just put the bonuses there by themselves. I could put zeros there instead maybe?

And I can do some rule screwing if it's that big of a deal... lol.
I'd more like to have real number in there... But if your better off having N/A for nonbonus to the rolls I guess I'll allow it.

No rule screwing unless you have green hair. Razz
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38 am

I can arrange for green hair! I have money!

I changed the "N/A" to "No Bonus". That help?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 am

Also, I have a better idea for my Battle Skill thanks to that crack of yours:

(0) Screw The Rules, I Have Money! Minor Utility (1/Battle)
You may pay 30 Bits or 10 HP to use any Standard combat talent, even one you don't know, for this turn. You must still pay the talent's PiP cost to use it.

Yes, it'll probably need tweaking.... But I want it! Or something like it.

The idea behind being able to use HP as apposed to Bits is that Iron Mane could sell some piece of his armor to meet the cost... And since that armor is keeping him in one piece (literally) that makes the overall condition of his suit fairly equivalent to HP.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 am

The idea is silly. And I like silly. But, it really is overpowered and really... Just not something I'd want a real battle skill to be. Might have an NPC use such a skill though. Razz
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 am

Aaaaaw pale

Ah well. I'll stick with the one I already picked then.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am

If you can find a way to fix it, I'll let you have it. But as it is right now. You can't keep it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next