Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

+5
Grey Pen The Flawed
deonte9109
Whiteeyes
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  Whiteeyes Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Whiteeyes wrote:So, are there teams, or is this solo? Is it elimination, double elimination, best of series, round robin? That really affects how I'll build my character.
I foresee ALL types of fights popping up. BUT, I'm going to give most people a lot of leaway to easily trade out combat talents inbetween combats, other then the Battle Skill, that one STAYS, unless you really wanta find a way to undo that or something.

Um, you do know that the second set is 100% mutually exclusive right? Those are tournament formats for determining the winner via how the matches work out. They literally cannot go together; elimination is "you lose you're out" and Round Robin is "you fight everypony and the one with the most wins overall wins" just to name two.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sanely Mad Tourney, a mostly PVP Campaign. (more players needed)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Trust me, Minor Madness will find a way to mix those two together...

But really, just think of it like this. Each fight you get EXP post battle. 100 to 25 if you lose you get 200 to 325 if you win. Each of you goting to mostly be fighting eachother, sometimes to the death. So characters will come and go in this campaign. That's all I'm willing to really say bout how the fighting will go. Everything else will be always shifting...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:53 am

If you need another player I have a ham with your name on it.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 pm

I'll enjoy any characters you've got to offer. :3

Only got one so far...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Meet Bon Odori.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:55 pm

I can has permission?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 pm

sorry about that...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Looks good, now we've got two pending... Hope to get more characters and more info out before I choose to add you to the official list.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 am

Grey Pen wrote:(0) Screw The Rules, I Have Money! Minor Utility (1/Battle)
You may pay 30 Bits or 10 HP to use any Standard combat talent, even one you don't know, for this turn. You must still pay the talent's PiP cost to use it.
I've been thinking this over and I think I might got something to fix it. I really don't like having access to all talents even if you can only use it once and admittingly yours still gotta use the pips to use said talent. But still, while me saying it's OP was my first impression, but now I think it isn't that it's OP that I don't like it, but it isn't enough "Rule Screwing" in my mind. And part of me don't like the idea of having the HP pay option.

Here's my suggestion:

[-1] Screw The Rules, I Have Money! Minor Utility [3/Battle]
Pay 50 bits to either: Use a standard action as a free action, gain 1d4 pips, or trigger a random special.

On a random note, I'm thinking of updating the rules to include Flexibility as a free Battle Skill for you all to use as well.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:10 am

Yay! I have money!

I think 1D4 might be a little low; I'd bump it up to 1D6. But you're the GM, you decide!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 am

Grey Pen wrote:Yay! I have money!

I think 1D4 might be a little low; I'd bump it up to 1D6. But you're the GM, you decide!
True, but I like giving you the power to use it more then once per battle. I'll allow it be a 1d6 roll, but it'll have to be a once per battle talent.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Oh! Didn't see it was 3/battle. That's fine then.

Added a little more story stuff to my character sheet.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Hay! I have an idea.

Why don't we merge this campaign and Logan's into one big one? That way we would have six characters (even if two are sharing a character) and you could take turns GMing according to which characters are up to bat.

Yes, I am also posting this in Logan's thread. Why yes, I am a bit crazy, how did you know!?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:13 pm

It is a nice idea but it seems that both me and logen have totally different ideas about a PvP campaign. He's going for a purely PvP thing with no story while I'm trying to build a story around PvP.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:57 am

Tweaked the attributes on Iron Mane. It is now ATH-9/PRC-9/KNW-5/HRS-5.

And also, refusing to let this simply die.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:04 am

Well Grey Pen, I do suggest you give me a google doc's link becuase the one I've got in the front page is out of date I think...

And I thought I was clear on updating the "Battle Skill" thing to be giving you all Flexible for free along with a second battle skill you pick out. So um... Yeah... Tyger update your sheet too to have Flexible also there under battle skills.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am

Oops. I forgot to change those too. I'll look into it!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Grey, test the link on page one, it's not going to your updated sheet, either get a proper non-published character sheet to allow you to get edits, or give me a new link. Or am I just mistaken and you've just not done such edits and any that you have done, I've just not noticed?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm

The current link is correct. I can tell because the link for Jason's artwork for him is there.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:[-1] Screw The Rules, I Have Money! Minor Utility [3/Battle]
Pay 50 bits to either: Use a standard action as a free action, gain 1d4 pips, or trigger a random special.
Ok, then add this battle skill to your sheet silly.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm

I shall do so tonight once I has the labtop.

Or else money.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm

I'd be interested in joining this if/when this happens. Here's a character sheet.

Curunir
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 pm

*does a happy dance at another person wanting in my crazy idea of a campaign*

You are pending... I'm not going to change that rulling until I got more info out and stuff about how this campaign is going to work.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Curunir and Iron Mane are gonna either get along famously, or hate each other infamously.

Speaking of which, Xel. What's the word on big, dramatic, Megamind style entries?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm

DO THEM... Just make sure I'm aware of what happens before they happen. Just in case...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next