Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old King's News (Skype Campaign)

+10
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Doc pseudopolis
Xel Unknown
LoganAura
kajisora
Hayatecooper
Stairc -Dan Felder
Zarhon
Z2
14 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Old King's News (Skype Campaign) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old King's News (Skype Campaign)

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Fury, I don't know your character, but I don't have any inherent problem with a character being reused.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The Old King's News (Skype Campaign) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old King's News (Skype Campaign)

Post  Hayatecooper Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 pm

hey!
PTB members can play too! It's not like we're playing our character from that campaign.
I mean have you met Mouse? She's nothing like the certainly not a changeling Silver Tongue
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Z2 wrote:Fury, I don't know your character, but I don't have any inherent problem with a character being reused.

Here is my character

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H4GQuJFIOnPkspHBiKvcLsMAMaL4_Z9TqQl2GH0LFTs/edit
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:54 pm

@fury
Yeesh, looking at your character makes my eyes hurt. Let's say you're on the short list, why would your character be involved in this adventure anyway?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Z2 wrote:@fury
Yeesh, looking at your character makes my eyes hurt. Let's say you're on the short list, why would your character be involved in this adventure anyway?

Looking at my character makes your eyes hurt?

Okay. Instead of just insulting my character. Can you explain why you think he's bad?

Oh and I'm considering him to be a royal guard... trainee royal guard or something for this. So maybe he's being posted in the griffion kingdom in order to assist the royal guards investigating the appearance of magic? Seems legit to me.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I wasn't trying to insult him, just what was on my mind. With the low image quality and ridiculously heavy saturation and contrast it just hurt my eyes (not my sensibilities)

And I'll tell you right now, the GRIFFON royal guard won't be doing much investigation Razz And the premise of the campaign heavily involves there being no FORMAL investigation by other countries. I suppose I could assume he's looking for the data to take back to the royal guard in an effort to impress them and get hired.

Last edited by Z2 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Z2 wrote:I wasn't trying to insult him, just what was on my mind. With the low image quality and ridiculously heavy saturation and contrast it just hurt my eyes (not my sensibilities)

Oh right, you mean the picture alone... well I guess it could hurt.

Z2 wrote:And I'll tell you right now, the GRIFFON royal guard won't be doing much investigation Razz

The Equestrian Royal Guard probably will right? Officially or unofficially... or both. Still, a trainee guard would be more likely to be able to slip under the radar then a fully trained guard, no?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 pm

I apparently edited my post to answer your guard questions while you were posting a new one. Let's assume it's a form of application process.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Application/graduation etc. It'll work. Plus, they'll probably be one or two informal/unofficial/off the books ponies investigating that might recruit his help.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Do I need to clarify on my character further? Or was my previous post okay?

Also, surprising amount of Europeans Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 am

Being the only Australian, again. Makes me feel outnumbered.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 am

@Zarhon
Your character is probably the most secure in terms of story relevance. I'm kind of envisioning you as the Michael Bay of documentaries, ecstatic to be able to combine a real-life spy film (sorta) and a literal how to video on giant flashy explosions.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am

We need to have story relevance?
um..
Crud.
Give me some time and I'll figure it out
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 am

Well, I'm not saying you have to have 17 ulterior motives or something (in fact, please don't.) But something a bit more deep than "I happened to be in the neighborhood and have the uncanny ability to recognize other player characters," might be a bit helpful as far as setting the stage goes. Don't feel any pressure - something as simple as, "I feel like I could annoy more efficiently if I had magic to rub in others' faces," would be a perfectly valid reason for Silver Tongue to be present.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 am

When Silver Tongue first heard about the magic-less Griffins preform spells she had to admit to herself she was curious. Happily joining an expedition to the isle of Quails she gave her reasons as, "To learn more about the study of psychology and physiology of Griffins". A matter she had dabbled in but never quite had the practical practice due to a lack of them wandering Equestria. The other reason she kept to herself, I mean who knows what kind of tricks somepony could get up to with a bit of hocus pocus up one's sleeve? Especially if nopony else expected you to have it.

That count as decent reasoning?

Last edited by Hayatecooper on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:27 am

Eeeyup
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:31 am

Okay, sorry this took so long, internet access is...complicated at the moment XD
Dapper Soliloquy, an earth pony gentlecolt.
Being a true GENTLECOLT ADVENTURER (curse this lack of cursive!), he would of course rush to the griffon kingdoms as soon as he heard about the new discoveries, for wherever there is change, there is trouble. And where there is trouble is where adventures are had, and ponies are to be saved!
I'll have an image up when I can use my own connection, which is definitely before the end of this week, and probably sooner.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:35 am

kajisora wrote:font=Comic Sans Ms]GENTLECOLT ADVENTURER (curse this lack of cursive!)[/font],

... Oh no...

Your not basing your character on Othar Tryggvassen are you?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
kajisora wrote:font=Comic Sans Ms]GENTLECOLT ADVENTURER (curse this lack of cursive!)[/font],

... Oh no...

Mayybe....
Don't worry, it was just the inspiration, i'm not planning to copy him entirely.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 am

That still worries me. A lot.

Well at least he can't be invincible and be able to teleport.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 pm

kajisora wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:

... Oh no...

Mayybe....
Don't worry, it was just the inspiration, i'm not planning to copy him entirely.
hmmm...Say Mr. Z2 what would say to a Jägermonster?
or atleast a character played like one I like this idea.
Edit: That or a character with a hand-cranked runcible gun.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:That still worries me. A lot.

Well at least he can't be invincible and be able to teleport.

Unless he takes "teleport" and "longrunner", that is.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

He still can't become invincible. Oh and the teleportation is seeable, so it doesn't count.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Okay, o Othar expy, couple notes about your character sheet:
For freaky knowledge, define 'gentlecoltly'
If your infamous, your special consideration at events won't be of the positive sort.

All of you do get to start with 3k worth of items from the treasure horde, so look into that. (though you may find it wiser to save a thousand or two)

Lastly, are you suuuuure you want to base a character on a character both other players and the PH think could use a bit of cosmic comeuppance? Razz (Nothing that really effects his efficacy from my end mind you, I'm not that kind of DM.)

Edit: @doc: you guys are driving me into a steampunk campaign, aren't you? tongue
While it will definitely have to be pony-shaped, a first gen jägerkin resultant from some of the kingdom's "magic" would probably be a really good fit.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Hmmm...Griffon bodyguard (ex-pirate) or Pony-shaped Jager...tough choice.
I'll come up with sheets for both.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next