Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 20 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Zarhon Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Nope. Dominated targets and conjurations only benefit from their own traits/abilities, unless directly stated otherwise. The dominated enemy doesn't have your traits.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 20 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Nehiel Mori Tue May 28, 2013 5:52 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:A weird thought came to me. Can the Element of Honesty be used in tandem with Unreliable Narrator? In other words, burning a Magic Point to remove the unreliability for a few questions. Probably a waste but seems like an interesting use of it.

If you could somehow get the DM to be helpless. I suggest rope.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Nehiel Mori wrote:
ZamuelNow wrote:A weird thought came to me. Can the Element of Honesty be used in tandem with Unreliable Narrator? In other words, burning a Magic Point to remove the unreliability for a few questions. Probably a waste but seems like an interesting use of it.

If you could somehow get the DM to be helpless. I suggest rope.

That would be hilarious, XD.

But aren't DM's always helpless?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 pm

It really depends on the GM and the players. Generally speaking, if you can get the GM to agree they're helpless, they are.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Tue May 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Ramsus is correct here. technically, the DM is a non-entity but there are things that target the DM. If your DM says yes; then why not?
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Is failsafe spell ever going to get an upgrade, like at all? I mean it's basically a worse off version of the Falling With Style Racial that needs two utilities to take at this point.

Maybe upgrade it into being Falling With Style's Utility version? Like how Faster Then Lightning and The Rainbow Dash are linked?

Could be a worthwhile change.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Imo we should just drop Failsafe Spell and add a similar option to Magecraft for Talent Specialization. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Question on combat!

How does the interrupt aspect of "Where it Hurts" work in relation to "random target" abilities?

For instance, "Frenzy" (random creature takes 2d8) - since it's an interrupt, do you have to announce and apply the interrupt before seeing the results of the Frenzy move (meaning you might end up hitting an ally and then are forced to tack on extra damage from the interrupt), or is it done after seeing the results (meaning you can decide whether you want to apply the interrupt to it).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Zarhon wrote:Question on combat!

How does the interrupt aspect of "Where it Hurts" work in relation to "random target" abilities? For instance, "Frenzy" (random creature takes 2d8) - since it's an interrupt, do you have to announce and apply the interrupt before seeing the results of the Frenzy move (meaning you might end up hitting an ally and then are forced to tack on extra damage from the interrupt), or is it done after seeing the results (meaning you can decide whether you want to apply the interrupt to it).
The trigger for "Where it Hurts" is based on attacking a creature, not just "making an attack," which means the target has to be selected for the trigger to be available - therefore, you must choose to use it after you know who you're hitting.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu May 30, 2013 9:53 pm

So, to be explicit, the order would go:
-Use frenzy
-Choose random target
-if random target has a save ends condition, activate where it hurts
-Roll for damage, apply bonus damage
resolved.
So basically, you're interrupting the damage dealing, not the targeting of the attack, right?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Magic Eyes (Magical Attunement) (1)
Your race can use perception to detect magic, though this does not let them decipher exactly what the magic does - that requires arcane knowledge.

Does this mean that when your doing a perception check you get to see Magic generally even if that's not what you are attempting: I.E. i search the desk for paper, do I also see Magic while doing this? Or is it more you have to do a separate perception check "I search the X for Magic. Then I search the room for X mcguffin."
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Magic Eyes (Magical Attunement) (1)
Your race can use perception to detect magic, though this does not let them decipher exactly what the magic does - that requires arcane knowledge.

Does this mean that when your doing a perception check you get to see Magic generally even if that's not what you are attempting: I.E. i search the desk for paper, do I also see Magic while doing this? Or is it more you have to do a separate perception check "I search the X for Magic. Then I search the room for X mcguffin."

Like all things, its up to the DM but the way its worded right now would mean "I search the X for Magic, then McGuffin." I know if I was a Dm running it I'd just factor that into normal perception checks though. I'll chat with Kin about this and see what we can do.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Well yeah, I've just been doing it all in one. Thought I should ask though.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Well yeah, I've just been doing it all in one. Thought I should ask though.

I think the intent of the power is all in one, so if you run by spirit of the law keep it that way.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri May 31, 2013 3:44 am

sunbeam wrote:So, to be explicit, the order would go:
-Use frenzy
-Choose random target
-if random target has a save ends condition, activate where it hurts
-Roll for damage, apply bonus damage
resolved.
So basically, you're interrupting the damage dealing, not the targeting of the attack, right?
Ah, I see your point. Basically, what happens is you're technically interrupting the targeting, but when you interrupt something, you still do it after the affect you're interrupting is announced, just before the actual effect takes place. So, you interrupt the targeting - but after that target is decided upon. A weird technicality which doesn't matter - the bottom line is: choose target, then decide on using Where it Hurts if able.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri May 31, 2013 3:45 am

Nehiel Mori wrote:
Hayatecooper wrote:Well yeah, I've just been doing it all in one. Thought I should ask though.

I think the intent of the power is all in one, so if you run by spirit of the law keep it that way.
Honestly, I agree it's up to DM interpretation.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm

If I have the crushing blow and active all three special moves at once do I trigger crushing blow three times.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Personally I say yes, but I think the answer will probably be no. Things like this don't tend to stack.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Actually, it's a yes.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 pm

So if I roll multiple 20's when using the Snicker Snack talent provided by the Vorpal blade I use all three special multiple times?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:27 pm

That's a yes.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Ramsus wrote:
So.. yeah this isn't exactly a question and I know it's been discussed before but, I didn't really see anywhere to say it in the Destiny section and I didn't want to make a new thread just for this. I really think that Call to Adventure (Self Discovery's lvl 7) should give two level 4's. Here's my reasoning. 1) It's clearly inferior to other level 7's as is. 2) There are other level 7's that grant two things (Dragon Disciple and Shapeshifter for example). 3) It doesn't really matter if the level 10 should be "making up for it" because level 10's are practically a non-thing since even if you reach that level, you will play at that level for a rather short time, and you will have spent the vast majority of the game without it. 4) I don't even see anything crazy you could do with two level 4's. (The "craziest" options I see are putting your Hero Cave in a box (Master Detective + Inventor) or getting 4 Utilities (Self Discovery + Shape Shifter).

Xel Unknown wrote:Is failsafe spell ever going to get an upgrade, like at all? I mean it's basically a worse off version of the Falling With Style Racial that needs two utilities to take at this point.
Maybe upgrade it into being Falling With Style's Utility version? Like how Faster Then Lightning and The Rainbow Dash are linked?
Could be a worthwhile change.

Xel Unknown wrote:
combat talents wrote:[-1] Haunting Melody - Standard Attack
Roll a d10. Based on the roll, target creature suffers the following.
1-4 The target suffers 4 ongoing damage (save ends).
5-7 The target is dazed (save ends).
8-9 the target suffers vulnerability 2 (save ends).
10 the target is stunned (save ends).
I just noticed, that because of the fact that in the skype system, dazing deals 2 vul, does using this talent on an enemy with dazing do anything? And if not, shouldn't it then the vul save ends effect be upgraded to vul 3 or something?

Ramsus wrote:
[-7] Midnight’s Blade - Standard Utility
For the rest of the battle you may reroll all 1s on your d8s, d10s and d12s. Once per turn, you may have one of your attacks deal an extra 6 damage.

[-2] Chain Lightning - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 to target creature. If you roll a 6 or higher you may copy this effect, choosing a new target for the copy.

How do these two interact? Does each copy of Chain Lightning get +6 damage or only one copy of it?

Edit: Similar question. How do Chain Lightning and Where It Hurts react? If you roll 6+ on the where It Hurts die does that count as a trigger to make a new copy? If so would it only make 1 copy even if both die roll 6+ or would you get a copy for each die? Does the Where It Hurts get copied as well since it's part of the attack?

still need answers
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Yes, as their counted as separate triggers
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 pm

And the other three?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm not even sure what question was just answered.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next