Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

+3
Fury of the Tempest
Paper Shadow
Colter Bolt
7 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6) - Page 29 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Aces, you return to Heat Sink's room. In the corridor, you see a box waiting outside his door...

---

Storm, betrayed by your allies and left by yourself, you arrive once more at the apartment blocks where Presage the Bat Pony ran to...

---

tygerburningbright wrote:"Then bad things happen and I just more or less told them about him..."
"So what... do you plan to do... about that?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6) - Page 29 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Aces gives the box a once-over.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Aces gives the box a once-over.

Spoiler:
It's a small regular cardboard box with something scrawled in ink the top, but pretty messily. After inspecting the scribbles carefully, you can read the words "Aces High"...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Aces gets a heated, sinking feeling in the pit of his belly as he trudges over to the box, hesitates a moment, and then opens it.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:38 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Aces gets a heated, sinking feeling in the pit of his belly as he trudges over to the box, hesitates a moment, and then opens it.
(Hehe...)

Inside the box is a small mechanical contraption, with blinking lights and a very quiet ticking sound, and a letter, also with messy writing...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:48 pm

"Huh. A bomb, if I had to guess," Aces said.

If he was right, no use running around screaming about it at this range.

Carefully, Aces removed the paper, carefully making sure not to nudge the bomb(?). Just like removing a jammed missile...right...

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:52 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:
You manage to carefully pick up the paper and its messy writing...

(I'll need another perception check please...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Spoiler:
The letter reads the following...

Spoiler:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Aces looked once more at the box, tapping his metal hoof against the ground, then sighed. Paranoia or friendship? Which one was more likely to save his life? He honestly wasn't sure. It was...it was a gamble. Could call in somepony else to dismantle this device, and see what made it tick...

...that would be the smart option. But if it wasn't a bomb, Aces would have to live with the knowledge that when it came down to it, he couldn't really trust anypony, even when they should have been trusted. On the other hoof, if it was a bomb...

He wasn't sure why this scared him so much. He'd played for higher stakes before.

A sigh escaped his lips "Well, if i' is a bomb, I don' wan' to touch i' here..." he said, carefully picking up the box around it.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Spoiler:
You manage to pick up the box with your mouth very, very carefully...

You cover the box from the rain and take it into an empty warehouse in the Warehouse District. There's a couple of crates in here but nopony around...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Aces gently places the box down and inspects the possible bomb - hooves included.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Spoiler:
(Oh, the check was for the bomb? My bad...)

It becomes clear that this isn't a bomb, but an energy system very similar to one in your own foreleg (which admittedly is outdated and on its last legs). It's slightly damaged and the ticking sound seems to be due to poor construction of the device, and judging by some of the wiring, it is most likely that somepony tried to remove it from its original place, botched the job, and did their best to repair the device. It'll need better repair to make it work as intended but you believe that you could do it...

Spoiler:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:12 pm

(No but I alluded to checking things out once I got wherever I was going to . My...bad?)

Aces smiled a bit. "Well, how abou' tha'," he said, slowly straightening. "Maybe now I can finally learn to trus' other ponies agai.."

He trailed off.

A few seconds of thought, and Aces High reached once more into his arm, pulling the coded papers from where they lay nestled. He stared at them for several seconds.

Then he picked up the box, energy source still inside, and turned to walk away, placing the papers between his teeth and being very careful not to drool on them. Time to get to the police station to turn these in - he had a feeling a certain guardspony would be very interested in what the papers had to say, and it wasn't like he was exactly a master codebreaker.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Storm Blade was a bit annoyed at how his friends had seemingly abandoned him as he went to confront a possible murderer, at the same time, he didn't move to go and collect anyone else. If he was going to have back-up, he wanted it to be with someone he trusted and through he respected the others guards and police in the city, he didn't quite trust them as much as Ace, Necar, Snipe and Sparks. So, he decided to confront Pasage alone.

Which started with him locating her room and knocking politely... on the window.

(I'm assuming that the window's can be opened up enough for a pony to use it as an entrance/exit, if not Storm Blade is gonna knock on the door)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:28 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:(No but I alluded to checking things out once I got wherever I was going to . My...bad?)

Aces smiled a bit. "Well, how abou' tha'," he said, slowly straightening. "Maybe now I can finally learn to trus' other ponies agai.."

He trailed off.

A few seconds of thought, and Aces High reached once more into his arm, pulling the coded papers from where they lay nestled. He stared at them for several seconds.

Then he picked up the box, energy source still inside, and turned to walk away, placing the papers between his teeth and being very careful not to drool on them. Time to get to the police station to turn these in - he had a feeling a certain guardspony would be very interested in what the papers had to say, and it wasn't like he was exactly a master codebreaker.
(The papers get wet due to the intense rain and become ruined and unreadable...)

(Just kidding, but we gotta wrap things up, so no response...)

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Storm Blade was a bit annoyed at how his friends had seemingly abandoned him as he went to confront a possible murderer, at the same time, he didn't move to go and collect anyone else. If he was going to have back-up, he wanted it to be with someone he trusted and through he respected the others guards and police in the city, he didn't quite trust them as much as Ace, Necar, Snipe and Sparks. So, he decided to confront Pasage alone.

Which started with him locating her room and knocking politely... on the window.

(I'm assuming that the window's can be opened up enough for a pony to use it as an entrance/exit, if not Storm Blade is gonna knock on the door)
There is no response at first, but then the curtains open and you can see a zebra wearing a janitor uniform, who then opens the window so you can talk, but not enough for you to fly in...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:08 pm

'Damnit' Storm Blade thought to himself as he saw a zebra and not a bat-pony open the window. "Sorry for the interruption, I'm looking for Pasage the bat-pony, used to occupy this room. Any idea where I might find her or get any information about her?"

(... I wonder if your doing this just to wrap things up)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 pm

The zebra tells you "The pony that you seek, just left without a squeak."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:26 pm

"Great." Storm Blade muttered, trying to think of anything that could be of use to him now. "Did she leave anything behind? And would the reception have information on her? She suspect of a crime, so anything information that can help us track her down will be extremely useful."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 pm

The janitor thinks for a second, and then starts to scavenge through the bin on his cleaning cart. "While we do not have any information, maybe this will tell about her vocation." He pulls out a dark wooden box with his mouth before sliding it into a bag (most likely to protect it from the rain) and passing it to you through the open window...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:44 pm

"Thank you for help." Storm Blade said, taking the bag in a hoof carefully. Making sure not to drop as he began to fly off. Intending to go to his apartment to check out what was in the box. No point in simply turning it over to the police station, as it wasn't evidence or anything. So unless it was relevant or useable in the investigation in someway, he would keep the box for himself.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:32 pm

You return to your apartment, box in tow. As you open the box, you feel a prick on your hoof. The box opens up, and as it does, a quick flash of light shoots out, as if it was taking a picture of you. You see the words "Her Majesty's Secret Service" gracefully engraved on the inside, but otherwise the box is empty...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

"Her Majesty's Secret Service?" Storm Blade said as he read the words, surprised as to what he saw. "Must of left in a big hurry to leave something like this behind.." He mused as he shut the box and put it back into the bag. "I need to take this to Golden Wall." He decided, quickly leaving the apartment, taking along the bag. He was glad that the police office, barracks and town hall we near one another, as Golden Wall could really be in all three. Still, he first wanted to check his office.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm

You find Golden Wall at his office looking through a folder of documents...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:24 pm

"Sir, I need to talk to you." Storm Blade said, he probably could of waited, but he felt like this is important for Golden Wall to know about this ASAP. "I've got information about the recent murder which I need to share."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next