Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 5 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Here's one from me. Not fully developed, just wanted to get the idea out. Tis a conjuration concept.

Tribble - 1 HP
[+1] Deal 1 damage to target creature.
[-1] Deal 1 damage to target creature. Conjure another tribble.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 5 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Philadelphus wrote:
Kindulas wrote:"Stepping stones" is now all metric. Technically, they got thinner, but the point is they aren't very thick.
Furthermore, you can make them small in diameter, because eh, why not?

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, and I'm glad you like the stuff!
I hate to nitpick, and it's great that it's internally consistent now, and as a scientist I prefer metric myself, but considering the rest of the system is in Imperial units... Smile
This is fair...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Here's an odd item idea, to hopefully round off the 500 gold level items:

[Name] - 500 gold [inspired by Ramsus]
Armor
Gain Resist 1 while you have temporary HP.

[Name] - 500 gold
Trinket
Once per day, you may reroll your initiative with a +5 bonus.
Repointing my suggestion from the last page out, because I'd enjoy to hear some opinion on these suggestions. I know they're minor...But yeah... Wonder what people think. And they were glosed over when suggested. So yeah.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:15 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Here's an odd item idea, to hopefully round off the 500 gold level items:

[Name] - 500 gold
Armor
Gain Resist 1 while you have temporary HP.

[Name] - 500 gold
Trinket
Once per day, you may reroll your initiative with a +5 bonus.
Repointing my suggestion from the last page out, because I'd enjoy to hear some opinion on these suggestions. I know they're minor...But yeah... Wonder what people think. And they were glosed over when suggested. So yeah.
I actually really liked these, the armor in particular. Resistance on a THP condition is just... cool
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 am

Can't speak to why Kindulas and Nehiel didn't choose them, but I can give my personal feedback.

In general: It'd definitely be good to have some more 500 gold items.

Trinket 1 - I like the mechanic of having a boost while you have temporary HP, but it's so minor as to be very unexciting. Even when items *are* minor, like a 500 gold item, they should look cool at least. This doesn't seem that cool or impressive.

Trinket 2 - 1/Day things are generally avoided in the system for all kinds of reasons - but an initiative reroll seems reasonable. It can make a crucial fight a bit better or mitigate some truly terrible luck. Not sure if this is balanced (haven't worked out the numbers) but this seems like a great concept for a 500 gold item. Just not that new or exciting - which seems to be prioritized in the expansions.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Can't speak to why Kindulas and Nehiel didn't choose them, but I can give my personal feedback.
Because he suggested them this week
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:23 am

I can now speak to why Kindulas and Nehiel didn't choose them.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 am

The animal companion destiny is brilliant, though it's something I think characters should be able to get at level 1 so they can attribute it to their backstory - I'm working on it as a utility talent line. I know we do need more destinies, but there can still perhaps be a destiny made with Animal Companion as a pre-req. For now I really like a companion as a talent you can get at level 1
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 am

I was more just wanting to hear opinions... and It's been pointed out to me that this Temp-HP resistance idea isn't my own. It came from Ramsus' tiered system thingie and I just plan somehow forgot that was where where that simple idea came to me from. So yeah.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 am

Kindulas wrote:The animal companion destiny is brilliant, though it's something I think characters should be able to get at level 1 so they can attribute it to their backstory - I'm working on it as a utility talent line. I know we do need more destinies, but there can still perhaps be a destiny made with Animal Companion as a pre-req. For now I really like a companion as a talent you can get at level 1
The mechanc of having a utility talent needed for some type of destiny... Sounds kinda awesome. Just make sure to keep it useful without the destiny taken.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Kindulas wrote:The animal companion destiny is brilliant, though it's something I think characters should be able to get at level 1 so they can attribute it to their backstory - I'm working on it as a utility talent line. I know we do need more destinies, but there can still perhaps be a destiny made with Animal Companion as a pre-req. For now I really like a companion as a talent you can get at level 1
The mechanc of having a utility talent needed for some type of destiny... Sounds kinda awesome. Just make sure to keep it useful without the destiny taken.
But of course!
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 am

Just wanted to say that I think the idea of a pet as a utility talent is great – I too at one point came up with a destiny idea revolving around getting a pet, but it just didn't work that well. However, I think it might work just fine as a (line of) utility talent(s).

And since I should probably post a new idea if I'm going to post in this thread, here's a random one that came to me today:

Trait
Overachiever
Whenever you roll a 1 or a 2 on a d8, a d10, or a d12 in combat, treat it as if you rolled a 3 instead.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 am

Philadelphus wrote:Just wanted to say that I think the idea of a pet as a utility talent is great – I too at one point came up with a destiny idea revolving around getting a pet, but it just didn't work that well. However, I think it might work just fine as a (line of) utility talent(s).

And since I should probably post a new idea if I'm going to post in this thread, here's a random one that came to me today:

Trait
Overachiever
Whenever you roll a 1 or a 2 on a d8, a d10, or a d12 in combat, treat it as if you rolled a 3 instead.
Huh... that's a cool thought, upping the minimum in a way other than rerolls, just bringing the numbers up to a new floor.. Would need a different name though, given the Racial
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:33 am

I like this. We wanted to make a trait that rerolled 1s and 2s but it caused problems with a few key combat talents. This would stop those ones from being a problem while still being awesome.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:34 am

Feel free to change the name, I literally just picked the first word that came to mind and forgot about the Racial of the same name. Smile

And hmmm...this might be a little crazy, but what if it were actually something like this:

Trait 1
Whenever you roll a 1 on a d8, a d10, or a d12, treat it as if you had rolled a 2.

Trait 2
Prerequisite: Trait 1
Whenever you roll a 1 or a 2 on a d8, a d10, or a d12, treat it as if you had rolled a 3.

Trait 3
Prerequisite: Trait 2
Whenever you roll a 1, 2, or 3 on a d8, a d10, or a d12, treat it as if you had rolled a 4.

My sincere apologies if this counts above the 2/week limit, I was kinda counting them as one unit stylistically. I'll shut till next week after this, I promise. Smile
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:22 am

I like this, but why would anyone choose this over Unacceptable?
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 am

kajisora wrote:I like this, but why would anyone choose this over Unacceptable?
Well, as far as Phil's "Trait 3" is concerned...
Spoiler:

"Trait 1", though, is really rather useless - Unacceptable is plain better in every way.

Hm, perhaps the "Trait 2" and "Trait 3" could work as traits that use Unacceptable as a prerequisite (they would clash, but perhaps they could have an alternate option then, that might work better than a plain re-roll)?

And to give them a name: "Best Two out of Three", "Best Three out of Four"? Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

As somebody who has used no-crit builds... These new traits wouldn't matter to me. As Unacceptable works for ALL combat dice.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Trait 2 could likely exist without any pre-reqs attached.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Invocation (Special Move):
Personal Cloud (Utility Talent):
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Trait 2 could likely exist without any pre-reqs attached.
Indeed, if they're so inferior to unacceptable, just let it be more powerful
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
I DEMAND OPINIONS BE SHARED ON THESE SUGGESTIONS!

Because it was on the bottom of last page and might be overlooked. Something I dislike seeing be it with myself or others.

So yeah.

My thoughts are that Invocation is odd... (not a bad thing, if you dare thing poorly on the odd, then LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AND SEE THE WIERDIO THAT YOU CAN SEE BEFORE YOU!)

Personal Cloud seems kinda cool to some degree. But a bit weak for a tier three talent.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 am

Kindulas wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Trait 2 could likely exist without any pre-reqs attached.
Indeed, if they're so inferior to unacceptable, just let it be more powerful
If you decide you want to use it, I relinquish any potential balancing into your much-more-capable hands, good sirs. Smile
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:
I DEMAND OPINIONS BE SHARED ON THESE SUGGESTIONS!

Because it was on the bottom of last page and might be overlooked. Something I dislike seeing be it with myself or others.

So yeah.

My thoughts are that Invocation is odd... (not a bad thing, if you dare thing poorly on the odd, then LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AND SEE THE WIERDIO THAT YOU CAN SEE BEFORE YOU!)

Personal Cloud seems kinda cool to some degree. But a bit weak for a tier three talent.
I missed them...
I like the cloud. Isn't generating clouds part of Weathercrafter already? It just says atmospheric conditions, which I would assume clouds to be a part of.
I'd also think Weathercrafter would be a better prereq than TSF. Or no prerequisite at all, for if you don't want Weathercrafter, but just want to conjure clouds every once in a while.

Invocation is odd... I love the odd. Not sure how balanced it would be though
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:

Personal Cloud feels like 10 Seconds Flat is too much of cost.  Weather Crafting itself should only be the prerequisite.  No preparation time is listed.  It could be assumed that it's 10 seconds due to the requirements but that may not be the same if the requirements change.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next