Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 6 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Since Personal Cloud doesn't actually seem to do anything besides make a cloud, I'm not sure what the point would be in it at all.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 6 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Well, the idea of Personal Cloud is the use of Weather-Crafting indoors, like castles, caves, dungeons, large buildings, .etc .etc. Y'know, those places where you can't use Weather-Crafter and all those utility talents you took to become Master of the Weather are now useless? It was posted in the Utility Upgrades thread ages ago. If you still think it's useless or perhaps needs to be worded better, I'm always open to suggestions...

Invocation is Invocation. Super versatile, super useful, but also subtle and lacks the "balling outta control" possibility that some Special Moves have (such as Derpy's Lightning and Be Prepared). It also allows you to make Invoker quotes...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:29 pm

I can think of a bunch of uses to conjuring a cloud, but just about all of them (besides using it as a smokescreen) require other utilities to pull off.
(using it as a towing platform; requires magic for cloudwalk on others/pegasi. Using it to create a cloudsculpting subject. using it as Thunderborn breath conduction, freezing things in place with frostborn, etc.).
It IS pretty useless as a standalone, as far as I can see. Unless the cloud doesn't HAVE to be water vapor.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:51 pm

kajisora wrote:I can think of a bunch of uses to conjuring a cloud, but just about all of them (besides using it as a smokescreen) require other utilities to pull off.
(using it as a towing platform; requires magic for cloudwalk on others/pegasi. Using it to create a cloudsculpting subject. using it as Thunderborn breath conduction, freezing things in place with frostborn, etc.).
It IS pretty useless as a standalone, as far as I can see. Unless the cloud doesn't HAVE to be water vapor.
The cloud isn't exactly the important thing in my opinion. The ability to Weather-Craft indoors is. Maybe it needs to be flavoured differently for that benefit to be more apparent, but Personal Cloud allows you to do anything you can do with Weather-Crafter wherever you like, be it small like fog, rain, snow, or the crazy stuff which require skill rolls. Dust Storms, Lightning and Thunder, Tornadoes...

Let that settle in for a moment here. Celestiadamned Indoor Tornadoes! What's not to like?

Also, personally, I don't see a problem with it needing other talents. In fact, I welcome it. Who doesn't want their utility talents and genetic traits to combo off each other, or even team up with allies to unleash things you alone could not do alone. That's what this whole system is built with the idea of, is it not?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Is there are rule that says you can't weather-craft indoors? Because that would be dumb. Yes, I know, you're thinking "wtf Ramsus, weather-crafting indoors is the dumb thing!" but, hold on there just a moment friend. Since you can weather-craft with any skill (a brilliant idea if I do say so myself) that means that many of your IC ways of achieving this do not stem from grabbing things already in the sky, especially if you are not a flier. If your skill of choice is Stealth (where you steal bits of the weather only to use them later in ways that suit you) or Mechanics (you just have a weather machine) it makes no sense to say you cannot unleash your snow flurry indoors since, you already have it with you on ground level. Additionally, since the way you make clouds even with Athletics would be to whip up some clouds out of ambient moisture, there's not really any logical reason to say you can't do so indoors.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Yeah, I've seen dozens of players weather-craft indoors, and it was mostly never questioned. There is atmosphere indoors, after all. The only thing that should affect it are situational conditions (like if its too dry- also a problem outside in the desert) to condense some rain clouds, and space required- i.e., you cant have a mile long thunderstorm in a 10x12 room.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:35 pm

This is all new to me and I am upset that no one told me this when I first posted the Personal Cloud so long ago...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:51 pm

I wonder if campaign and racial build affect things a fair bit. I'd never think of a show canon pegasus using weather crafting indoors outside of wind control and this seems like it would be great for that purpose. At the same time, weather machines and telepathic cloud creation would make the limitations weird. It's weird that I've thought of both concepts and I've looked at your thread yet I never thought of how that would affect Personal Cloud. Perhaps a newer version of Personal Cloud should be envisioned as an alternate to Cloud Sculpting?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I just never saw the talent before this point. I've got my own cloud related talents but.... really only one of them would ever likely be considered for official use and that's Mass Cloudshaping.... which is neat but, really not that great without other cloud related talents that aren't official.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Racial
Spiderborn (1) (Created by Azureink and consulted by Zarhon)
You can adhere to and climb on any level surface as if a spider, allowing you to walk up walls and across ceilings. Climbing over rough or slippery terrain may require an Athletics or Acrobatics skill check. You may also fire a sticky strand of web up to 10 feet that can adhere to the surfaces that you can. The strand of web has the durability of common rope and is vulnerable to fire, burning easily. The web also dissolves within an hour after creation.

Destiny
Master of Air, Land, and Sea Destiny (Created by Azureink and consulted by Nehiel Mori)

Level 4: Cadet
Congratulations on acquiring your first vessel! Either you’ve invented it yourself or have acquired it from a crazy scientist. You may use the following Utility Item:

Skiff - 2/Day
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
The Skiff is a prototype invention, a small cube the size of a dice. You can activate the cube to have it unfold into a huge skiff that can carry you and up to eight other medium-sized creatures comfortably. It has one of the following travel mode traits:

Air: Huge-sized, can travel 10 miles per hour, fly with average maneuverability and can be ridden by you or any creature you designate. The Skiff lasts for up to 12 hours.

Land: Huge-sized, can travel 15 miles per hour and can be ridden by you or any creature you designate. The Skiff lasts for up to 12 hours.

Sea: Huge-sized, can travel 20 miles per hour on the sea and can be ridden by you or any creature you designate. The Skiff lasts for up to 12 hours.

Level 7: Midshipman
You have plowed the trade routes for a while now and have earned enough to upgrade your huge skiff to the next category, a frigate. Choose one of the travel mode traits from level 4 that you didn’t choose for your Skiff and it gains that trait, and the speed of all your travel modes increases by 5. You also have outfitted your vessel with an additional feature not in the design specs. Choose one of the following:

Harpoon Hooks 2/day:
The vessel is equipped with harpoon hooks, capable of extending up to a mile in length. They may be fired at objects, other vehicles, or even creatures to hook onto them; allowing them to be lifted, restrained, or pulled up as though under the effects of the Master Telekinesis Utility Talent. Each use of this ability lasts 1 minute.

Remote Piloting 2/day:
Through enchantment or the installation of some sort of device, you may now pilot your vessel from any distance as though you were at the helm. You suffer a -15 penalty to skill checks to pilot the vessel if you are unable to see/locate the craft. Each use of this ability lasts 10 minutes.

Level 10: Captain
For some, the sky's the limit. For you, it’s only the beginning. You have upgraded your frigate into an amazing galleon that holds chambers for up to twelve medium-sized creatures. You gain the last travel mode trait that you didn’t choose at level 4 and 7, and your vessel can travel at high speeds, gaining a +20 bonus to speed. Its size becomes Colossal and it now hosts a magical storage hold that provides delicious meals for up to twelve medium-sized creatures, once per day, as though it was a single use of the Instant Party Utility Talent. The cargo hold can carry up to six tons in weight, and of any size smaller than itself, without hindering its ability to function. Your vessel also comes equipped with the feature that was not chosen at Level 7. No creature is capable of piloting or controlling the vessel unless allowed by you. If you choose, instead of disappearing at the end of 12 hours, the galleon will instead persist forever until it is destroyed or until you decide for the talent to end. You may only have one galleon in existence at a time. However, you may continue to use Skiff to create frigates. You also gain the following Utility Talent:

Beam me up! - 1/day
Instantaneously teleport one willing creature aboard the vessel. The creature must be within line of sight of the vessel, or within a mile of the vessel.

Last edited by Azureink on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I like this idea. I like it a lot.

Don't mind putting up my suggestion for a Combat Talent, do you?

[-7] Sentinel's Shield - Minor Utility
You conjure a Sentinel Shield in your hands. You can dismiss the Sentinel Shield as a free action. While you are wielding a Sentinel Shield, you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Trait - Protector’s Vow
Whenever you use a Standard or Minor talent, select one ally, they gain an Guardian Mark until the start of your next turn on the next round.

[+3] Bunker Down - Standard Utility
Gain Resist 3 until the end of your next turn, and heal 3 HP

[+1] Shield Smash - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature, if roll and 8 or more, then the creature is stunned until the end of their next turn.

[-1] Draining Shield - Minor Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy, and target ally gains that much health.

[-2] Super Defender - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Affect: The triggering attack hits you instead. If target ally has a Guardian Mark, you may remove that mark to increase your Resist by 2 for this attack

[-3] Absorb - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger - Multiple Allies with Guardian Marks would be hit by the same attack
Effect: Remove all Guardian Marks on target allies, then the attack hits you instead, The attack is treated as multiple attacks.

I'm somewhat intrigued that this lacks a talent who's specific purpose is just to add extra Guardian Marks. I was trying to figure out what was bugging me about the submission despite the fact that it looked good otherwise.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Atmospheric conditions go by roughly the following definition - the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation; "they were hoping for good weather"; "every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"; "the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow".

So unless your DM has a *very* liberal interpretation, you need to be outside.
PERSONAL CLOUD HYPE TRAIN IS BACK ON BABY!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:05 pm

It's still not really worth taking. You can't do much of anything with a cloud as is. At best you could make it rain inside. You could have just gotten a bucket of water and saved yourself the utility. Also, Dan's response ignores the basic logic of using different skills and explanations for how you weather-craft. If it involves anything aside from moving stuff around in the sky, that doesn't make any sense. Which means that answer doesn't make any sense for almost anyone who doesn't fly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Like if you use Arcana to create artificial weather.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Seems to me like personal cloud would basically be used as a smoke bomb, but there's Light Trap for that kind of thing
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 6 Empty Going live! - 7/19/13

Post  Kindulas Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Here it is!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g_zLCUBOo-rHyODxtaIKzy30u-08DUC6yYkX1FA5SXw/edit
My mind spins thinking about all the things I want to do with the Companion trait.

It should be noted I will be of little availability the next few days to respond to suggestions and feedback, but I'll be sure to read up on everything come my return.
Enjoy the new content!
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:27 pm

There is now a thread where I shall announce when the expansions go live, so they don't get buried in here
https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t640-weekly-expansion-announcments#53028
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 pm

... ... ...

Yeah.

Going to be resubmitting my shield. Tweaked, but resubmitted.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Changed to 'inspired by'. Usually it's our policy to be generous with credit. Even when we do hours of work behind the scenes to make things balanced, polished or more functional - we still tend to give full credit to the person that came up with the initial concept.

If you don't like the end result though, we can absolutely remove your name from the talent entirely. What would you like to do?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 pm

... Inspired by is the most honest. So lets leave it at that.

I do want to know the reasons behind such huge changes. When I last checked with Kind, it was fine. And when I've been testing in Saint-Toretz, its been performing well.

Through I do have to nerf the Draining Shield I suppose...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:32 pm

I wasn't involved with the reworking of the shield, so you'd have to ask him when he gets back on later. Feel free to shoot him a PM - that usually works well.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Private. Message. Sent.

Hopefully the feedback I get will allow me to modify my shield so it can be submitted. Even if I have to change its name and the flavour.

Because currently, those my shield, and that shield. Play very, very differently.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 6 Empty Resubmit

Post  Azureink Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Racial
Spiderborn (1) (Created by Azureink and consulted by Zarhon)
You can adhere to and climb on any level surface as if a spider, allowing you to walk up walls and across ceilings. Climbing over rough or slippery terrain may require an Athletics or Acrobatics skill check. You may also fire a sticky strand of web up to 10 feet that can adhere to the surfaces that you can. The strand of web has the durability of common rope and is vulnerable to fire, burning easily. The web also dissolves within an hour after creation.

Destiny
Master of Air, Land, and Sea Destiny (Created by Azureink and consulted by Nehiel Mori)

Level 4: Cadet
Congratulations on acquiring your first vessel! Either you’ve invented it yourself or have acquired it from a crazy scientist. You may use the following Utility Item:

Skiff - 2/Day
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
The Skiff is a prototype invention, a small cube the size of a dice. You can activate the cube to have it unfold into a huge skiff that can carry you and up to eight other medium-sized creatures comfortably. It has one of the following travel mode traits:

Air: Huge-sized, can travel 10 miles per hour, fly with average maneuverability and can be ridden by you or any creature you designate. The Skiff lasts for up to 12 hours.

Land: Huge-sized, can travel 15 miles per hour and can be ridden by you or any creature you designate. The Skiff lasts for up to 12 hours.

Sea: Huge-sized, can travel 20 miles per hour on the sea and can be ridden by you or any creature you designate. The Skiff lasts for up to 12 hours.

Level 7: Midshipman
You have plowed the trade routes for a while now and have earned enough to upgrade your huge skiff to the next category, a frigate. Choose one of the travel mode traits from level 4 that you didn’t choose for your Skiff and it gains that trait, and the speed of all your travel modes increases by 5. You also have outfitted your vessel with an additional feature not in the design specs. Choose one of the following:

Harpoon Hooks 2/day:
The vessel is equipped with harpoon hooks, capable of extending up to a mile in length. They may be fired at objects, other vehicles, or even creatures to hook onto them; allowing them to be lifted, restrained, or pulled up as though under the effects of the Master Telekinesis Utility Talent. Each use of this ability lasts 1 minute.

Remote Piloting 2/day:
Through enchantment or the installation of some sort of device, you may now pilot your vessel from any distance as though you were at the helm. You suffer a -15 penalty to skill checks to pilot the vessel if you are unable to see/locate the craft. Each use of this ability lasts 10 minutes.

Level 10: Captain
For some, the sky's the limit. For you, it’s only the beginning. You have upgraded your frigate into an amazing galleon that holds chambers for up to twelve medium-sized creatures. You gain the last travel mode trait that you didn’t choose at level 4 and 7, and your vessel can travel at high speeds, gaining a +20 bonus to speed. Its size becomes Colossal and it now hosts a magical storage hold that provides delicious meals for up to twelve medium-sized creatures, once per day, as though it was a single use of the Instant Party Utility Talent. The cargo hold can carry up to six tons in weight, and of any size smaller than itself, without hindering its ability to function. Your vessel also comes equipped with the feature that was not chosen at Level 7. No creature is capable of piloting or controlling the vessel unless allowed by you. If you choose, instead of disappearing at the end of 12 hours, the galleon will instead persist forever until it is destroyed or until you decide for the talent to end. You may only have one galleon in existence at a time. However, you may continue to use Skiff to create frigates. You also gain the following Utility Talent:

Beam me up! - 1/day
Instantaneously teleport one willing creature aboard the vessel. The creature must be within line of sight of the vessel, or within a mile of the vessel.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenzamaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Hoy. Don't post much on these forums, but I figured I'd contribute.

The Combat Trait "Dangerously Talented" lets you add an extra Combat Talent to your pool, and allows you to bring one extra talent into each battle. That's all well and fine, but personally? I'd like to be able to use the majority of my pool of talents. Versatility, I guess. Think we could get a trait like this?

Flexible
You may take two more of your Combat Talents into each battle.

That way, you have 7 of your 8 talents available, and can use a minor to switch out to the one you left behind.
Kenzamaka
Kenzamaka
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:22 pm

For some reason, the line "effects that give allies X do not stack" sticks in my head, and I know I read it somewhere in the system, but I cannot find it for the life of me.
Regardless, I noticed that there's a severe lack of traits that passively affect allies. So here's some stuff.

Inspiring Presence - Trait
At the beginning of each of your turns, you may choose up to 2 target allies. Those allies are the subject of your "Inspiring Presence" until you choose new targets.
Creatures that are subjected to "Inspiring Presence" have Regeneration 1 while you're conscious.

Bloodboil - Trait
At the beginning of each of your turns, you may choose up to 2 target allies. Those allies are the subject of your "Bloodboil" until you choose new targets.
Creatures subjected to your "Bloodboil" deal +1 damage on attacks while you're bloodied.

Naturally, they do not stack with other allies also having the same trait. Similar format/concept to Guardian's Oath.

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next